[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Douluo Continent 斗罗大陆

sugarplum892

Finished watching the last episode and I want more.  I did not read the novel, but started watching anime already.  Even though the anime is more detailed than the drama, it doesn't feel real like the drama.  I dont know how many years i need to wait for S2.  Even though I expected it to end abruptly  at this point in S1,  I liked the drama very much.  I really hope all the actors are retained for the second season  although its very very rare to happen in c dramaland.  I liked all the changes made to this season irrespective of the novel fans who constantly complained about it.  I loved both the leads and there was also constant complaint about the FL.  Thats how her character is written, so there is no need for that.  My words of praise for XZ, even though he was assigned with this new lead role 3-4 years ago when this was filmed, he has done really well and i like his OST too.  And, as for the rest of the characters i liked them so much.   Everybody did their job well.  Looking forward to S2................................ 

The ending was almost the same as my expectations, it was a beautiful episode but ended quite abruptly in my opinion. I wish we got the reactions of the rest of the 7 and the teachers to Xiao Wu's identity - in the anime they all declared they would stand with her and Tang San but in the drama they got knocked out before the reveal. It would've been beautiful to see in this live action adaptation as a way to reinforce their team bond. Instead, our last moments with the rest of the 7 and the teachers are not so meaningful (although they did try to help, I suppose).

I also thought there would be a bigger reveal for Tang Hao's past and the mutated martial souls + Canghui school purpose. The reveal felt kinda anti-climatic to me. Also that semi-cliffhanger ending be confusing me lol. Fingers crossed for season 2!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, huahuacaocao said:

The ending was almost the same as my expectations, it was a beautiful episode but ended quite abruptly in my opinion. I wish we got the reactions of the rest of the 7 and the teachers to Xiao Wu's identity - in the anime they all declared they would stand with her and Tang San but in the drama they got knocked out before the reveal. It would've been beautiful to see in this live action adaptation as a way to reinforce their team bond. Instead, our last moments with the rest of the 7 and the teachers are not so meaningful (although they did try to help, I suppose).

I also thought there would be a bigger reveal for Tang Hao's past and the mutated martial souls + Canghui school purpose. The reveal felt kinda anti-climatic to me. Also that semi-cliffhanger ending be confusing me lol. Fingers crossed for season 2!

I think in the trailer I saw Tang San’s  mother with Tang Hao.  Did she appear in the drama? and which episode?. The screenwriter already announced about season 2. But I don’t know whether they have finished filming or they  didn’t start filming yet

19 minutes ago, Suibian said:

I think in the trailer I saw Tang San’s  mother with Tang Hao.  Did she appear in the drama? and which episode?. The screenwriter already announced about season 2. But I don’t know whether they have finished filming or they  didn’t start filming yet

She does not appear in the drama because (see spoiler). I don't recall seeing her in the trailer. Tang San can hear her voice in a few episodes but that's it aside from the maybe two times her spirit/Blue Silver Grass ability she passed on to Tang San saves him.

Spoiler

She is no longer alive but has passed on her spirit to Tang San (and Tang Hao). In the anime, she does appear in person as a memory/spirit at times but otherwise remains a Blue Silver Grass trying to recultivate to a human, and also eventually will revive.

• Like 1

Awww, the crew has worked really hard for the fight scenes.  They really need praise and recognition.  I especially like to mention the actress who acted as Xiao Wu who has all these flying scenes.  She has done really well on the wires.  Here is the BTS video link

Cr: as tagged

• Thanks 1

I am up to ep 21, really i skipped most of Ou Si Ke's part, his parts are really wasting screen time. But he turns out to be really something, despite his chatterbox.

After watching Ling Long, and then this Douluo, i can see a high gap in cinematography, where douluo really like zooming in faces, and less with scenery. Well i think because they live in forest so mostly only green and brown colours of trees and wood interior and houses. Right after they arrived at XiSi city, they start to colour.

About Xiao Wu, i think yes she can absorbs soul beast without harming them, this is what so special from her.

I really like the part when Master Yu train each of them to identify their weakness, and tactic strategy is really important in a battle, not only power is number one. Love the team works, and finally Ou Si Ke and Rong Rong can stand up in the battle fighting with Dai Mu Bai's brother. Long live Master Yu! 

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Douluo Continent 斗罗大陆
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!,  Im normally over in the ETLOD topic.

Just finished watching this series. 

Really hoping for a S2! 

Is there a good english translation of the novel available? 

I enjoyed it alot.  I noticed some subtle nods to The Untamed in some of the mannerisms that they had Tang San utilize.   

Do you think with the limit of 40 episodes for a season that more series will be multi-season going forward? 

• 2 years later...

Tang San is a hardworking, kind and good boy. And he has so many talents. 

Sister Wu seems to be Soul Beast....:unsure: The talks between her and TS in the Star Town confirms it. ep 14

TS is so protective of Wu...:wub:

Tang San and Wu have a pretty cute chemistry....

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a569f5ca1dd759d0fd

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a569f5ca1dd759d0fd

I really liked all the Tang San's everyday scenes at the beginning of the ep1...simple and peaceful... 

Wu wanted to cheer him up...that was nice...   

I think out of all the 7 only Tang San's eyes change color..

EteoD_IXMAEwXe8?format=webp&name=360x360

ep 16

I laughed when OSK showed his Martial Soul...its a sausage and then its kiwi... :D

Wu is so powerful..All Soul Beasts seem to listen to her.

Headmaster and Master are hilarious... :D

The Master has the perfect training technique for every member of the school.   

All Seven develops both as personalities and as fighters. 

Euty84gVEAAxmfE?format=jpg&name=large

DC OST - ''Youth On Horseback''

Wu bought that sting of wind chimes for Tang San...ep 19

bts

962c794c4b495dc677c15d47ea593d86.jpg

I thought there would be rivalry between TS and Dai but there is only friendship in the team.

Dai is Leader and Tang San is Commander...:approves:

h280_47776157.jpg

The play scene was so funny... :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7dZmmhdrdJArEwZaoGaC

We saw the first time that TS was jealous because of the play...that was sweet.. :wub:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXg-BbvX5qfiqCa_FqL_m