English title:  Douluo Continent

Genre:  Fantasy, action, adventure

Director:  Yang Zhen Yu (杨振宇)

Episodes: 33

Broadcast Date: 2/5/2021 - 2/21/2021

Cast:

Xiao Zhan as Tang San
Han Hao Lin as young Tang San
A former young prodigy of the renowned Tang Sect. One of the Shrek Seven Devils.
Wu Xuan Yi as Xiao Wu
Yuan Ning Lu (袁宁璐) as young Xiao Wu
One of the Shrek Seven Devils. An orphan girl and Tang San's love interest.
Gao Tai Yu as Dai Mubai
One of the Shrek Seven Devils. Second prince of Huangluo Kingdom.
Liu Mei Tong as Zhu Zhuqing
One of the Shrek Seven Devils. Possesses the fastest speed and strongest attacking ability.
Liu Run Nan as Ao Sika
One of the Shrek Seven Devils.
Ao Zi Yi as Ma Hongjun
One of the Shrek Seven Devils.
Ding Xiao Ying as Ding Rongrong
One of the Shrek Seven Devils. Daughter of Yu Fengzhi, clan master of the Sibao Liuli Sect.

Synopsis:

Tang San lost his mother since young, and he and his father depend on each other dearly. Tang San possesses extraordinary wits and talent since young, and aspires to be a great soul master. When he was six, he was sent to Ruoding Academy for cultivation. There, he came under the tutelage of Yu Xiaogang and also gets to know an orphan girl named Gu Xiaowu, whom became sworn siblings with him. Later, to further improve his cultivation, Yu Xiaogang brings Tang San to Shrek Academy. There, Tang San, Xiao Wu and five other youths form a group known as the "Shrek Seven Devils". The seven youths later enter the Tian Dou Royal Academy, where they became embroiled in the princes' battle for power. In the meantime, Tang San also discovers the person who killed his mother - none other than Wu Hun Pavilion's Bi Bidong; whom is actually Xue Qinghe in disguise. To stop Wu Hun Pavilion from destroying the Tiandou Kingdom, Tang San allies with the various sects of the kingdom and wages war against Wu Hun Pavilion.

Cr mydramalist

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Douluo Continent 斗罗大陆 Viki Episodes

Airing Schedule:

kR8nd_3f.jpg

cr as tagged

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @Jillia

• Like 1

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Douluo Continent 斗罗大陆
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG!!! suddenly started airing just like that, without any announcement.  Watched the 1st episode.  Its very good.  The young Tang san is so cute.  His hair style looks so good.  His curiosity and innocence is acted out well.  The preview for 2nd episode looks good too.  But daily one episode only, so have to wait with patience.  some of his facial expressions

FOIvi1x.jpg

NuW4yHj.jpg

p4pO2Rr.jpg

Spoiler

XNMoidd.jpg

EHXKKyZ.jpg

oOzyImd.jpg

rVlXEWn.jpg

kAhwcPN.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tothestars said:

Omg! Finally! But only one ep daily? Even on premiere day? Really whyyyyyy! I think i have to wait until minimum of 10 or 12 eps...

oh yeah, unlike the other shows which is airs at 8pm Beijing time,  CCTV posted that it's one ep per day, every day at noon (China time). I think online episodes will go a little later, to allow CCTV to get their ratings.  Its 1 episode per day. But since CCTV episodes are longer, they will air 33. While on tencent/wetv it will be 40 episodes.

edit:

There's a new schedule update from CCTV... Daily one episode but from 11th to 19th February there will be two episodes daily....

By the end of February we can watch 33 episodes of the drama.  :piggydance:

kR8nd_3f.jpg

BTS: AWESOME :kiss_wink::heartxoxo:

CR: as tagged

SOME UNKNOWN FACTS:

The Visual Effect producer that created the CGI/Special effects in Douluo Continent is Varun Hadkar (AMERICAN INDIAN), a very well known Producer Manager that worked for BIG names such as Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, Avengers, Godzilla, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes, The Golden Compass, etc. etc. etc! Also Studio 51 worked with Jackie Chan and Jet Li.
https://www.facebook.com/xiaozhansean/posts/262770695206198

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

SOME UNKNOWN FACTS:

The Visual Effect producer that created the CGI/Special effects in Douluo Continent is Varun Hadkar (AMERICAN INDIAN), a very well known Producer Manager that worked for BIG names such as Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, Avengers, Godzilla, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes, The Golden Compass, etc. etc. etc! Also Studio 51 worked with Jackie Chan and Jet Li

Daebak! I wonder with Ling Long's cgi, they also very good. 

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

There's a new schedule update from CCTV... Daily one episode but from 11th to 19th February there will be two episodes daily....

Ah i think i dont have to wait until ep 10, i will start after waiting 5 eps then.

• Like 2

Just started watching despite telling myself not to until it's over to binge all the episodes at once after knowing what happens instead of suffering the wait :sweat_smile: But also it's a multiseason drama so I would suffer anyways agh

Episode 1 has me hooked haha rip that plan I guess. Tang San was pretty cute in this ep, also some hint of the pretty landscape that enticed me in the trailer. I'm excited to see how this story is going to unfold, probably going to do some reading on the plot

• Like 2

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Douluo Continent 斗罗大陆

I just watched the first 2 episodes... I got Harry Potter vibes, which is a good thing, in my books. It looks so awesome. I think Calvin Chen's character is going to be interesting and quirky. I'm looking forward to their interactions. I'm so happy with this production. 

• Like 2

Hi...love DC. Everything is so on point. Tang San is so good looking. I think i havent seen an Asian man as good looking as him in any film or drama. Wu is so adorable and they really give off a siblings vibes. The story is also interesting...even though it deviates a bit from donghua, i trust it still on the right path as the writer of the original movie did comment that he's very happy with the drama. My goshhh Tang San is so good looking and his acting is top notch

• Like 3

I watched ep.2 and it was good too.   I like the FL's playfulness.  She is cute.    I thought they wasted too much time on his admission procedures.  Since i have not read novel, i dont know how important is it?   But anyhow i liked it very much watching xiao zhan.  He is really doing a good job.  I like that he has dubbed his own voice too.  

Can somebody clarify my doubt???  Why is the FL approaching Tang San.  Is she approaching him randomly or she knows about his ability and powers?  Or is she approaching him on somebody's orders?  Is the FL more powerful than the ML???  

• Love 1

6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I watched ep.2 and it was good too.   I like the FL's playfulness.  She is cute.    I thought they wasted too much time on his admission procedures.  Since i have not read novel, i dont know how important is it?   But anyhow i liked it very much watching xiao zhan.  He is really doing a good job.  I like that he has dubbed his own voice too.  

Can somebody clarify my doubt???  Why is the FL approaching Tang San.  Is she approaching him randomly or she knows about his ability and powers?  Or is she approaching him on somebody's orders?  Is the FL more powerful than the ML???  

She saw xz protecting the rabbits..because of that she feels safe with him. I would not like to elaborate much as there is a very important reason why she loves rabbit so much.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Through ep 7 now, after reading Soul Land wiki it seems like there's some plot changes? Or maybe the wiki left out a lot of the details. I do quite like the way the story is playing out so far though, would say the changes are quite nice too with more of adorable Xiao Wu in the spotlight (but then again I didn't read/see the originals so I can't really make a comparison). The author himself said at the conference thing he really liked the way the drama turned out so I'm quite hopeful that the main story is the same and the changes are beneficial enhancements!

• Like 2

On episode 6 while Tang San and Xiao Wu were seating near the bonfire outside his house...Tang San agrees to protect Xiao Wu as his little sister ( since both of them basically lost their respective families and Xiao Wu suggests to be each other’s family instead) Does it mean that they will not be romantically involved as the drama progresses??? Sorry if im a bit too advance of thinking this scenarios... :sweet:

• LOL 1