Cui Tian Yi
Zhou Yao
Zhao Zhuo Ting
Wang Xuan
Ai Mi
Wang Xin
Wang Hong Yi

Synopsis:

Legend has it that two experts left a half-finished chess game on the hilltop of eastern dynasty’s number one mountain called “King Mountain”. A few sentences are left on the board at a time when the eastern dynasty is experiencing turmoil, chaos and instability.

A woman dressed in a simple white robe like the snowy moon, praised as having “unsurpassable grace,” also happens to be one who acts and speaks freely, wild like the wind, such a person is praised and respected by the rest of the martial arts world (wulin). How is she to be “Carefree as the Wind” in such a wrecked and chaotic time?

A man who is completely opposite, dressed by the dark moon. He is graceful and honorable, kind and tolerant. This kind of person that the rest of the martial arts world (wulin)  admires and submits to. In such a chaotic time where morals are loose, what kind of benignity can he accomplish?

A prince, born into exaltedness. His martial arts (wugong) is matchless, he is proud and strong, ambitious, and said to have the “arrogance of a King”. In this ever chaotic world, how will he accomplish his dominancy?

A noble princess who is beautiful and glamorous.  With an ambitious and calculating heart, how she manoeuvres her way to reign supreme in the dangerous palace harem?

A world well-known intelligent princess who is good at martial arts. How in the face of national crisis, she guards her country and people in this troubled times?

A reclusive and mysterious prince who is well loved by his people. In such troubled times, will he live in seclusion or step out?

Cr shushengbar

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Who Gets The World 且试天下 Novel

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out they were turning this one into a drama! It was one of those story that surprised me - in a good way. I liked it much more than I initially thought I would. It was due to the main characters and how their relationship progressed with a great dose of political scheming etc. It was not a typical love story. I am not sold on this cast or having faith that the scriptwriter can capture the essence of the novel at all though. 

Edited by stella77
  • Like 1

Yang Yang joins Zhao Lusi in wuxia romance Who Rules the World

Posted on 03/01/2021 by XDramasX
  • img-16145782561811d93a659ebf6f93f9dad128
  • img-1614580115293a3d1bd1c8c64994e1692784
Yang Yang looks beautiful in ancient garb.

Who Rules the World 且试天下 (lit.) stars Yang Yang as Feng Lanxi and Zhao Lusi as Feng Xiyun. They’re both described as ambitious and extremely intelligent people who also happen to be the crown prince/princess of their respective kingdoms. They entered jianghu at a young age, and are known by their similar-sounding pseudonyms Hei Fengxi and Bai Fengxi.

There’s no drama synopsis, but if the producers follow the novel, a big portion of the story will focus on the wars waged between the kingdoms and different factions within jianghu. Costars include Lai Yi, Liu Ruilin (I almost thought this was a Jiaxing production) and Xuan Lu.

Directed by Yin Tao (Love and Redemption), the drama began filming a month ago.

20200813-gucci-003.jpg?resize=584%2C876&

Zhao Lusi

cr: https://cfen.si/2021/03/01/yang-yang-joins-zhao-lusi-in-wuxia-romance-who-rules-the-world/

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Who Gets The World 且试天下
On 4/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, Fun fun fun said:

Have they even finish filming yet? Haha I'm highly expecting this because Lusi look so matching with yang yang. That said I still have Long Ballad pending in my to watch list omg

They’re still filming the drama right now. A lot of fans are at the sites and capture a bunch of videos of the two. Someone even said on weibo that the two interact very well. Lol. I can’t wait to see the drama 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Super_Dede said:

They’re still filming the drama right now. A lot of fans are at the sites and capture a bunch of videos of the two. Someone even said on weibo that the two interact very well. Lol. I can’t wait to see the drama 

Aw sounds so cute Lusi and YY! If I have time will look for those videos later hehe. yup2 can't wait! Right now I'm just watching some fan cut clips from TLB haha no time to binge the drama. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@ElleSor I agree ZLS won me over from Change too — so I am going to give this drama a chance because I really loved the novel. Due to ZLS having the innocent/pure beauty imagine, I am curious to see how she will portray BFX as the character is unique, cunning, and clever. I just hope they get the dynamic between the leads because it was the best part of the novel —- they have a complicated relationship. 

YY looks great in the black hanfu and fits the character visually so far.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This ones gonna be so good, I can feel it. Love both leads and ZLS is the kind of actress who moulds right into her characters and is compatible with every actor she’s paired with. I just cannot wait!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 6:34 AM, airgreen said:

2022! Ai, the wait is long. Maybe I can read the translated chapters and google translate/learn chinese by the time it airs :D

who knows, maybe they will premiere it during the CNY period which is first quarter, then the wait seems more bearable. In the meantime, yes, do start on your chinese.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone waiting for this drama and wanted to read the novel first in English.  I could not find an English version in full so I am translating it. Up to Chapter 24 now and will be uploading and correcting progressively. Share: 

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/280472403-who-rules-the-world-translated-from-the-original-anovel

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 4:21 PM, Shermei A said:

For anyone waiting for this drama and wanted to read the novel first in English.  I could not find an English version in full so I am translating it. Up to Chapter 24 now and will be uploading and correcting progressively. Share: 

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/280472403-who-rules-the-world-translated-from-the-original-anovel

Wow! Thanks! I'll be there. 

• 2 months later...