[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Who Rules The World 且试天下

sugarplum892

On 5/18/2022 at 3:26 PM, linh5000 said:

all done...

@debbsthebee completely agreed!!  This drama has soo much potential to be great, but everything was just mehhh. I only finished it because of the MC.

I feel that the writers had so many ideas and put them all the drama, but couldn't execute them correctly.  They set up all different ways for more chaos, but then no chaos really happened. 

Reveal hidden contents

Old Taijin could have came out from the mysterious hiding spot and told the world about the bad Yu Yu..

I also dont understand why the moon flowers couldn't save her again? There seems to be about a bouquet left from last time, he only used 4 petals.

@SC2019 

Reveal hidden contents

I've always wonder how YY would look if he played DH DJ, now I know...nope! hahhaa. Geo Wei Wang still rocks that hair style better than anybody i've seen in drama.

Goodbye to this drama, it was entertaining.  YY and ZLS are always eye candies for the screen.  Now i need to find a new drama to get through the week. 

So true. It all fell flat in the latter half of the drama. There were too many under developed moments. It gave the audience no time to feel or process what was meant to be significant events. I would rather that they cut out some events and focus on development the essential storyline.

@SC2019 and @linh5000

Spoiler

Vengo definitely looks better with the white hair and he pulls off microexpressions so well.

YY gives off a youthful and sometimes innocent feel. I don't think he has the right charisma to pull off DHDJ's astute, tenacious and grit. 

3 hours ago, Bojun said:

I'm just at episode 15 but can't control myself and read the spoilers here. So the ending is bittersweet which is a bit disappointing and seriously what is with the white hair? I've watch my share of kdramas were the endings are WTF endings, so I hope I will not be too disappointed with the ending here. 

I like to think they somehow manage to revert the white hair situation.

@ChibiLy nothing resolved, a time stamp placed on expiration (I believe you already know this anyways). The producers/ scriptwriter like to believe that removing the fairy tale part of wuxia helps viewers relate to the realities and auguries of life.

@Bojun read only if you want a spoiler

Spoiler

In the novel, HFX was close to death as he passed on the majority of his 'life' or 'life-force' to BFX to save her. Though this was reversed (meaning his life was extended from one month but not clearly stated how much longer he had).

In the drama, HFX used some obscure sect method as taught by a Grand Master to save her, the counterpart to the other one who equipped them with the super-power move they learnt earlier in E20+. As a result, he only has 10 years left. In short, he has 10 years of undevoted and undivided attention to spend with BFX, giving up the rule of the world to Huang Chao.

• Like 1

Ohh, people I'm only at ep 27-28,so I promise to read your comments and spoilers after I finish the drama.:wub:

Loved YY''s performance in the last episode I've seen, finally smth deep from him. I know he can deliver, just IMO this "prince" type of role hadn't given him much space for any movement. 

P.S. I miss Feng Chang, like a lot. Hope to see him getting a revenge he deserves. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I’m on a roll. Watched 20 episodes (15 to 34) since yesterday. The story really improved a lot after the Mount Wu episodes. I’m falling in love with Zhao Lusi’s visuals as Bai Fenxi. I will watched the remaining episodes tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Finished the last 7 episodes today and I was slightly disappointed especially in the final episodes after the wedding. They were quite rushed and many battles scenes were just being narrated without showing much action. I wasn’t impressed with how short it took to defeat the final enemy. I was expecting the King and Queen to make a move similar to their ‘heart to heart joining’ scene in Mount Wu. 
I’m not really a fan of non-wuxia cdrama but I really liked Zhao Lusi so I will check her dramas. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, Bojun said:

I was slightly disappointed especially in the final episodes after the wedding. They were quite rushed and many battles scenes were just being narrated without showing much action. I wasn’t impressed with how short it took to defeat the final enemy. I was expecting the King and Queen to make a move similar to their ‘heart to heart joining’ scene in Mount Wu. 

Ohh, same here. Finally finished...

People, I don't know what to say... Those battle scenes , for example FL  fighting during the whole night and crashing like 30 men in one go in ep 37, they were IMO ridiculous and exaggerated to say the least. I remember at the beginning of the drama the fights were much more convincing and realistic...and they totally lost it in the end.

Also, you know your enemy has elite troops coming, and you know your troops need time to get to the battlefield, isn't it logical to go get your troops and be back in time- nooo, we'll go for the army when it's already late...

The old magician who saved FL ... just some man coming out of nowhere - the production simply through him in our face without any backstory...hmmm.

The final meeting of the leads - just talking and talking and talking. HC is told his sister is dead- he is like- "How could you?" Really? Your beloved sister is killed by that monster, come on, no more talking, cut him deep and make a kebab!!! 

The final (literally 15 sec or smth) fight looked like a joke and was made with really bad CGI. 

And the ending...so, now it's totally fine to abandon 2 states and go away...:crazy:. Pffff... no info re for example Feng Chang...

And YY,ohh, that "queen-mother in exile" face he pulled through the whole second part((((. Please don't be mad at me, YY's dedicated fans, it's just how I saw it...

Overall,  the drama has it ups and downs, would give it 6-6.5 out of 10 

• 1 month later...

I really believe that some stories are better off as books than made into dramas. 

I did appreciate the effort that the production made to bring this story to the masses, though. 

I enjoyed most of the drama. I FF some of the episodes. 

Overall, the love aspect was good and true to the story.