[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Who Rules The World 且试天下

sugarplum892

I am already caught up and i'm going through the pain of having to wait for next week's episodes lol. Why couldn't i have find this drama after it had ended already!!

So far i'm enjoying it as i'm a fan of zhao lusi and i'm totally loving the rest of the cast of this drama. As expected of a Yin Tao production, his dramas always have amazing visuals (love and redemption, ancient love poetry..)

My only complaint for this drama is I wish there was more of a backstory for our main leads. I wish we got to see how they first met and becoming acquainted and then slowly fall in love but right from episode 1 they seem to know and like each other already. It seems to be really rushed in my opinion. But since this drama has 40 episodes i'm hoping we will get more of their story together. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

@linh5000 Yes, in the novel HE 

@kongshiah In the novel, the background of OTP is slowly revealed too. This was done intentionally and we have a long way to go! 

I also don’t like the format of drama list site and prefer here. I am all caught up now and ugh the wait!!! I will go re-skim the novel since i forgotten the details. So happy to see more fans checks this out. When does new episodes come? Monday - Wed? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Another ZLS fan reporting here :partyblob:

I haven't read the novel but in the drama it seems more like HFX already knows BFX's true identity? He was teasing her in EP2 and it seems he already likes her since young, but BFX is aloof and carefree so she doesn't realise she's into him yet

@YinyeDrama episodes are up every Monday - Wednesday yup

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, Reverie said:

Another ZLS fan reporting here :partyblob:

I haven't read the novel but in the drama it seems more like HFX already knows BFX's true identity? He was teasing her in EP2 and it seems he already likes her since young, but BFX is aloof and carefree so she doesn't realise she's into him yet

@YinyeDrama episodes are up every Monday - Wednesday yup

I watched all the episodes aired. My understanding is that they didn't know each true identity yet.  HFX recalled encountering the young BFX (10yrs old) when they both were very young; he liked her because she was smart at that aged.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I'm a bit behind with only 2 episodes I've managed to watch. 

The start is very intense, so much people's names to remember :crazily:

YY character in the 1 eps left (at least at me) a really unpleasant impression of a quite arrogant person :w00t:.  Thankfully already in ep 2 they slowed down that "arrogant mood"))). 

ZLS's character- so far I don't get her, may be since it's only the beginning and I know nothing about her and her story. I really hope we'll see her using sword in next episodes-sorry, I'm just not a fan of that ribbon/towel thing she's using since the Noble Aspirations times:D

Also would love to complain about fighting scenes a bit. They opted for fast scenes, practically no slo-mo so far, but some scenes are way too fast. It's hard to catch up with the speed of  the killing methode :lol:. OMG, I must sound crazy:joy:

Overall, for me the story is just not that captivating at the moment to make me WOW (may be bcs I haven't read the novel), but I'll definitely go and watch next episodes).  

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I finally finished all the episodes! MOnday is tomorrow! WHoo hOO!

One complaint, my sister & I have is, that the names of the characters..Feng Feng Feng..every where you go, that last names keep popping up. It's very confusing. I'm sure in Chinese, the writing and meaning are different, but to us foreigners..it's all the same. lol..ALso, Chuyua and ChuyuaN...**face palm**

I really love all the costumes in this drama..Yang Yang looks soooo good..:waves:I love him in blue. ZLS outfits are very cute, allowing her to be very active. i like it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

ahh when do new episodes premiere? Monday tuesday and wednesday right?

does anyone have any other drama suggestions i can watch while waiting for this one haha. i've already tried my sassy princess. should i start the blue whisper as well? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kongshiah said:

i've already tried

Spoiler

my sassy princess

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did). It actually digs very deep into human nature roots.

25 minutes ago, kongshiah said:

should i start

Spoiler

the blue whisper

as well? 

I think it's absolutely watchable if you are "in"for a good not so standart plot (it's smth new I've personally never seen before). The quality of execution is also very good so far.

If I may , I'ld also suggest 

It's short and very entertaining - a "hidden jam" actually)))

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did). It actually digs very deep into human nature roots.

I think it's absolutely watchable if you are "in"for a good not so standart plot (it's smth new I've personally never seen before). The quality of execution is also very good so far.

If I may , I'ld also suggest 

It's short and very entertaining - a "hidden jam" actually)))

thank you so much for your recommendations! I'll definitely check them out now :partyblob:

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 7:15 AM, leo2020 said:

Hi everyone, I'm a bit behind with only 2 episodes I've managed to watch. 

The start is very intense, so much people's names to remember .

YY character in the 1 eps left (at least at me) a really unpleasant impression of a quite arrogant person.  Thankfully already in ep 2 they slowed down that "arrogant mood"))). 

ZLS's character- so far I don't get her, may be since it's only the beginning and I know nothing about her and her story. I really hope we'll see her using sword in next episodes-sorry, I'm just not a fan of that ribbon/towel thing she's using since the Noble Aspirations times. 

ZLS's character have a strong anti killing value. Her aim is to disarm, not to kill her opponents. The silk ribbon represents her value and we will only see her use a sword when the situation push her to. 

I see YY's character as proud. He is aware and confident of his own abilities, but he isn't undermining or disrespectful to other people. He calls it as it is.  

On 4/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, kongshiah said:

I am already caught up and i'm going through the pain of having to wait for next week's episodes lol. Why couldn't i have find this drama after it had ended already!!

I agree. I feel 100% the same. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, linh5000 said:

@kongshiah have you watched legally romance? It's a modern drama, but sooo cute and loveable. 

i havent I'm more of a historical drama type of gal haha

Prince chang's story makes me so sad.. I hope he doesn't turn evil later because of this 

how can the queen be like that to her own son

• Like 3

up to ep 16 ....Very much liked that Black Foxy  did not cut all the strings ...quite an interesting philosophy  re worry strings ...now i know all my problems LOL    and 

I like how he gets jealous :blush:

....that 'queen baili' must have a c* of gold for the  king  to be so enthralled and blinded by her ... 

• Like 3

Yeah, that Queen is so one-dimensionally bad. I thought for a few minutes that she had realised her wrong doings and would treat her elder son with kindness, but nope, so sad for that Prince. Yup, as someone said above, hope that his mental anguish doesn’t cause him to turn bad later in the story. 

That was quite a twist that someone who looked like a good person turned out to be bad. I wonder what his background is …

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I've only started watching cdramas recently as a way to improve my mandarin. While i love my wuxia shows I was hesitant to start as each drama had on average 30-40 episodes. Plus more often than not the plot would usually get lost in the middle. However, this drama is looking promising as we're seeing a good pace in the storyline, great fight scenes and good chemistry between the leads. I hope it continues to be the case. 

I've been wondering how both HFX and BFX have managed to keep their royal identities hidden given their fame in the pugilistic world. Surely someone would recognise them at some point? Also I'm not a fan of HFX hairstyle as it looks a bit unnatural. I much prefer YY with the prince topknot. 

from ep 16 ..... 

Life is like a game of chess

The chessboard represents the three thousand strands of worry ……

The ever-changing uncertainties

and matters in life

You have to let go of some things in life

In order to gain some

But there are things

That one can never let go of …..

I thought I had no desires or distractions

With only two empty hands

But she is the only one

I could never seem to let go of 

My AWWWWW moment in this drama :heart:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, debbsthebee said:

I've been wondering how both HFX and BFX have managed to keep their royal identities hidden given their fame in the pugilistic world. Surely someone would recognise them at some point? Also I'm not a fan of HFX hairstyle as it looks a bit unnatural. I much prefer YY with the prince topknot. 

soo true. how did the famed beautiful BFX not get recognized by anyone as a princess. Surely HFX should have recognized her as they met when they were younger

I can maybe understand HFX's case as he was "sickly" and hid away from others in seclusion 

On 4/26/2022 at 2:26 PM, kongshiah said:

i havent I'm more of a historical drama type of gal haha

Prince chang's story makes me so sad.. I hope he doesn't turn evil later because of this 

how can the queen be like that to her own son

The queen is such a sick individual. Prince Chang's life is tragic, he is such a grey character and keep the viewers on their toes wondering which side he would pick. 

Spoiler

I am glad he isn't blindly following the queen's instructions.

Sadly, now matter what he does, the queen would never love him the way he deserves to be loved.

12 hours ago, debbsthebee said:

I've been wondering how both HFX and BFX have managed to keep their royal identities hidden given their fame in the pugilistic world. Surely someone would recognise them at some point? 

I just assumed no one really seen BFX as a princess. The fame about the princess beauty may be spread by a few people from court, so reality is no one in the pugilistic world know she is the princess.

35 minutes ago, kongshiah said:

soo true. how did the famed beautiful BFX not get recognized by anyone as a princess. Surely HFX should have recognized her as they met when they were younger

I can maybe understand HFX's case as he was "sickly" and hid away from others in seclusion 

It could be that HFX know she is the princess? Or that he never expected to see the princess outside of court, so he did not connect the dots.

• Like 1

Me too watching this drama.  So far I like it up to ep. 16

I am also sad seeing prince chang's story.  He is yearning for attention and love, but neglected.  He feel he is not of any importance or useful to any one.  I am also wondering how his attitude will change in the 2nd half.  But he is very smart enough to think and act even if he is being influenced by others.  Hope this arranged wedding do not take place and HFX do something to prevent it. 

The story is fast paced and I love both YY and LS separately on the screen.  I don't see that much of chemistry between them.  It is ok.  

I like how they managed together at the old taiyin's place at Mt. wu.  

I also didn't expect such a good person Yu wuyuan changed to a villain.