[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Who Rules The World 且试天下

sugarplum892

I would consider Bai Fengjiu a naive princess type that is mischievous (at the beginning before she became Queen and matured) lol but Fengxi as a female lead is already more mature, can be ‘cold’, and yet can be aloof goofy/good humor. I won’t spoil anything since it’ll ruin the fun! Looking forward to seeing this adaptation. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Who Rules The World 且试天下 premiering April 18, featuring Yang Yang and Zhao Lu Si
9 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Sincerely hope these drama comes with subs from the very beginning. I've heard it is on WeTV, and they usually provide official subs:Please:.

I reckon this one will, as you said, if it's on WeTV, should be- lah.

• Blob 2

Trailer of Episode 1, seems like comedy is a part of this series. 

(Yang Yang is voiced over by same actor of a gazillion dramas, including Ye Hua's in TMOPB but thankfully
Zhao Lu Si's is voice over by a less frequently used voice actress, who coincidentally VOed her in The Long Ballad, 
so it does seem that familiarity doesn't breed contempt, in this case, LOL)

• Love 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:56 PM, Yinye said:

I would consider Bai Fengjiu a naive princess type that is mischievous (at the beginning before she became Queen and matured) lol but Fengxi as a female lead is already more mature, can be ‘cold’, and yet can be aloof goofy/good humor. I won’t spoil anything since it’ll ruin the fun! Looking forward to seeing this adaptation. 

Bai Fengju become queen?? i thought that she is just a princess  for the story until the end??

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Who Rules The World 且试天下 premiered April 18, featuring Yang Yang and Zhao Lu Si

Ok I just saw episode 1 and it was very good! Clear explanation of the background and got right to the plot and great pace! I am so happy they kept the essence and spirit of the novel. I need another episode to evaluate the OTP but just from one episode, they are doing better than I initially feared. 

Edit - episode 2: ZLS is doing great in this role and now I remember how much I liked the character of BFX. OTP bickering is very true to the books heheh so is the black fox nickname. So far both leads are solid at getting their character right but it’s too soon re chemistry rating. They are cute for now, especially in the carriage scenes. 

Fashion wise - I am happy to see more minimalistic but still nice outfits. BFX’s dresses are lovely and I like her hairstyle. Re HFX, his dark outfits are on point but I was surprised they put him in a light blue/green outfit, but like that they are already wearing matching color outfits lol!!!!

Also minor peeve re YY’s current hair - specifically re the bangs - there’s something off especially if it a front shot?!? Lol It looks better from the side/profile. It is annoying me because it makes YY’s face look odd since Ep 1.  I hope they fix it lol. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2
  • Blob 1

This is a amazingly executed drama. Usually I fast forward a lot of scenes, but every scene in this drama is important.

It's amusing how the main leads bicker. I like how they both strong and the ML appreciates the FL for who she is.

Sadly the FL seem oblivious to all the heartache she causes along the way.

I am excited to see tonight's episodes. I want to find out what happens with the ML's oldest brother.

If you like a balance of politics and romance, this drama will tick the boxes. 

• Blob 2

Everyone is so fast - I am only on ep 3 lol.

Ok with this episode their chemistry is on-point too and I am feeling it! BFX flirting with HFX in the brothel in front of the old man was funny! They look so good together too. This is what I enjoyed from the novel - OTP’s relationship, bickering, and slo mo flirting heheh. 

Also impressed with the solid pace and good balance between light/humor, romance, politics, and fight scenes. 

Update ep4: finally an episode that focus on other key side characters for the next plot twist. I am impressed they found two other actors that can kind of pass as YY’s half bros lol.

Update ep5: re YY’s hair 

Spoiler

The hair do of him as his real identity as Prince Lanxi is my other hair peeve - the two hanging strands but I have to say YY is the only would to make it look this good lol! So I prefer this hair to HFX’s heheh

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1

Ep 6 - I really liked this episode because it showed good Chinese court political scheme and duplicity that is required. The oldest brother actually loves HFX is also well done. Also, BFX was very cool in the action scenes in this episode. 

Ep 7 + 8 lol the evil servant to Prince Ju has such a crazy psycho face lol their scenes make me laugh because it border over acting. I have to say the pace of this show is amazing——- it flows so quickly and the plot is like on hyper drive. OTP scenes remain the best and I feel that the drama has gone way off the novel but kept the OTP’s spirit, dynamic, and some of the political schemes. I will check the novels this weekend since it’s been a while since I read them for the details. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Yinye said:

@SC2019 When you watch, tag me to discuss. I feel a bit lonely here lol. 

@Yinye will do. I am holding back starting, because there are 40 episodes and we are ONLY at E12, worst still, it doesn't air everyday...which means we got to twiddle our thumbs for 4 days in a week, before we get to watch new eps. Bear with me, yah.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, lovehuche said:

@SC2019 @Yinye There's more lively discussions about this drama on mydramalist.  It seems like nobody's coming here to discussion Chinese dramas anymore.

I dont like the format for mydramalist.  It's hard to follow the discussion there. I wish more people would discuss here.

With that being said, this drama is pretty good! I like the chemistry between YY and LS.  

@Yinye Will this be a HE story?  From what i heard, the novel was happy ending, but with a slight twist.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1