Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Secret Royal Inspector, 암행어사 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Kim Myung Soo (L), Kwon Nara, Lee Yi Kyung & Lee Tae Hwan - Premieres on December 21st

KBS Drama

Secret Royal Inspector

Lee-Yi-Kyung-Kim-Myung-Soo-Kwon-Nara-1.j

Network: KBS

Episodes: 32 (2 back-to-back episode a 30 minutes)

Genre: Comic, Mystery, Sageuk

Airdate: December 21st, 2020 - February 9th, 2021

Airtime: Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Writer: Park Sung Hoon, Kang Min Sun

Director: Kim Jung Min (Selection, Grand Prince, Princess' Man)

Plot:

Set towards the end of the Joseon era, Sung Yi-Gyeom placed first in the state examination and he now works at the Hongmungwan (administrative and research department). He doesn't have a goal or ambition for his life. One day, Sung Yi-Gyeom is caught gambling. As punishment, he is assigned to work as a secret royal inspector. His job is to eradicate illegal acts and corruption by public officers. He carries out his new job with the help of Hong Da-In and Park Chun-Sam. Hong Da-In is a female inspector and solves cases with Sung Yi-Gyeom. Park Chun-Sam is Sung Yi-Gyeom’s servant. Park Chun-Sam is talkative, affectionate, and tearful. Meanwhile, Sung Yi-Beom is Sung Yi-Gyeom’s younger stepbrother. His father is a nobleman, but his mother is a slave. Due to his mother's low social status, his father does not accept him as his real son and he is barred from having certain opportunities. He opposes his older stepbrother Sung Yi-Gyeom. (Source: AsianWiki)

Cast:

Kim Myung-Soo as Sung Yi-Gyeom

Kwon Na-Ra as Hong Da-In

Lee Yi-Kyung as Park Chun-Sam

Lee Tae-Hwan as Sung Yi-Beom

Shin Ji Hoon as Choi Do Kwan

Jong Ho as Man Dok

Kang Hyun Jung as a kisaeng (name TBA)

Cho Soo Min as Kang Soon Ae

Character Posters:

Spoiler

kim-myung-soo4.jpg

kwon-nara2.jpg

lee-yi-kyung1.jpg

Script Reading:

Teaser:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First poster has been released. Source: Newsen

I'm not a big fan of historical drama but I am a huge fan of Kwon Na-Ra so I'm interested.

Anneyeong everyone. I am new here. I became interested with this drama because of Kim Myungsoo. I have been his fans since his Infinite days and I always love watching all his dramas. I am looking for

Casting news. :D

Actor Jong Ho was cast in the role of "Mandok", a subordinate of Sung Yi Beom (played by Lee Tae Hwan.

2020102620585486936_1.jpg

Credit as labeled

Actress Kang Hyun Jung in the role of a kisaeng who is actually a damo, alongside Hong Da In (played by Kwon Nara). :)

435835-479776-580.jpg

Credit as labeled

• Like 1

Casting news:

Actor Shin Ji Hoon has been cast in the role of a royal guard Choi Do Kwan. He will function as a direct link between the King and Yi Gyeom and will deliver letters between the two.

1603890632.jpg

Actress Cho Soo Min has been cast in the role of Kang Soon Ae who is Yi Gyeom's first love and the daughter of a kisaeng. She wants to do something different though rather than becoming a kisaeng herself. She is expected to have a plot twist for her character.

1603823491.jpg

• Like 1

First look at Kwon Nara's character Hong Da In. :D

23345_42764_2439.jpg

Source: MBN Star

Kwon Nara will play the Damo who goes undercover as a kisaeng for investigative purposes. :D She is investigating the corruption in noble families. She is also the daughter of a noble family herself but is in hiding because of a tragic secret which will be revealed in the drama.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hello to everyone, this drama I think has a talented, hard-working, good looking cast that exudes much warmth, some of whom I've met in previous dramas. Thank you for starting the thread @Jillia :wub: 

Kwon Na-Ra for me was memorable in her monologue about love and AI from 'My Mister" while Lee Tae-Hwan I'll alway remember from Come Back Mister, as a manly bodyguard in love with a person with a womanly body and a 'guy's spirit/soul'. Kim Myung-soo from Miss Hammurabi first, then Angel and Lee Yi-Kyung from Partners in Justice and More Than A Maid..

Me: 

Happy So Excited GIF

• Like 1
  • Love 1

First look at Lee Yi Kyung's character Park Chun Sam. :D He has been growing up with Sung Yi Gyeom without any family and has been supporting him in his job. 

2020110437275974.jpg

Source:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Secret Royal Inspector, 암행어사 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Kim Myung Soo (L), Kwon Nara, Lee Yi Kyung & Lee Tae Hwan - Premieres on December 21st

New stills (also BTS photos) have been released. :D

202011120833502410_1.jpg

202011120833502410_2.jpg

Source: Newsen

Casting news:

Cho Deok Hoe has been cast in the role of Jung Moon Ho. :)

2020111108278018164_1.jpg

Source: MoneyS

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Secret Royal Inspector, 암행어사 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Kim Myung Soo (L), Kwon Nara, Lee Yi Kyung & Lee Tae Hwan - Premieres on December 21st

First stills have been released for Lee Tae Hwan's character Sung Yi Beom who was dreaming of a bright academic future but reality hit hard. :D

202011130955779854_5fadd9ff62c3c.jpg

Source: Osen

Casting news:

Actor Son Byung Ho has been cast in the role of Kim Byung Geun.

202011131014221910_1.png

Source: Newsen

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So glad I found this thread :D 

I hope this drama will be interesting since I like historical drama..I love all the casts and the storyline seems interesting! 

I can't wait to watch this drama! December please come faster!

Thank you for making this thread :wub:@Jillia

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, FlowerHeart said:

So glad I found this thread :D 

I hope this drama will be interesting since I like historical drama..I love all the casts and the storyline seems interesting! 

I can't wait to watch this drama! December please come faster!

Thank you for making this thread :wub:@Jillia

Welcome to the thread! :D I hope you will enjoy your stay and the discussions we will have once the first teasers are out and the drama starts airing.

:cutekitty:

• Love 2