Quantcast

Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, And Lee Yi Kyung Pick Key Points To Look Forward To In Upcoming Historical Drama

Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, and Lee Yi Kyung have shared key points of their upcoming drama!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) tells the story of a secret royal inspector who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.

Kim Myung Soo plays Sung Yi Kyum, a public official at the Hongmungwan (Office of Special Advisors) who becomes appointed to the position of secret royal inspector. He asked viewers to focus on the chemistry of his team and the comical aspects throughout the drama, adding, “There’s fun in looking at each character so I hope you’ll enjoy paying attention to every individual.”

Kwon Nara will star as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts). For her highlights, she shared, “First, the charms of the secret royal inspectors who judge others’ wrongdoings. Second, the unexpected disasters that arise to the point that there isn’t a second to be bored. Lastly, the chemistry and growth of the secret royal inspector trio.” Kwon Nara continued, “I hope viewers are able to laugh and cry along with the secret royal inspectors.”

Lee Yi Kyung will play the role of Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s trusty servant and right-hand man. He described their drama in one word, calling it “exhilarating.” He added, “The comedic aspects will add a lot of entertainment to the detective work in this mystery story. If you also focus on the pure and energetic images of our young actors then you will be able to enjoy our drama that much more.”

“Secret Royal Inspector” premieres on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444066wpp/kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-and-lee-yi-kyung-pick-key-points-to-look-forward-to-in-upcoming-historical-drama

• Blob 1
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I haven't yet had a chance to watch the first episode, but I wanted to share this pic with all of you:     Yes, L, we are waiting to see this scene soon. EDIT:@Ameera

Kim Myung Soo And Kwon Nara Freeze During Unexpected Encounter In “Royal Secret Agent” Drama Preview Dec 22, 2

Kim Myung Soo Steps Up To Defend Kwon Nara In “Royal Secret Agent” Drama Preview Jan 5, 2021

Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, And Son Byung Ho Have An Unexpected Encounter In Upcoming Historical Drama

Upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) shared an intriguing glimpse of Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, and Son Byung Ho!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Secret Royal Inspector” tells the story of a secret royal inspector who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.

Kim Myung Soo will play Sung Yi Kyum, a public official at the Hongmungwan (Office of Special Advisors) who becomes appointed to the position of secret royal inspector. Kwon Nara will star as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts).

On December 18, the drama unveiled stills of Sung Yi Kyum and Hong Da In’s first meeting. Sung Yi Kyum is a government official by day and a gambler at night, while Hong Da In stays at a gisaeng house to get more information about high-ranking government officials. The two experience an unusual first meeting, and fans are eager to find out how their relationship will progress.

In the new stills, Sung Yi Kyum and Hong Da In come across each other at a gisaeng house. Hong Da In is with prime minister Kim Byung Geun (Son Byung Ho). Unlike Sung Yi Kyum, who looks flustered by the encounter, Hong Da In’s expression is completely relaxed. She leans towards Kim Byung Geun to whisper something in his ear, and awkward tension flows in the air.

kwon-nara-son-byung-ho.jpgkim-myung-soo-12.jpg

“Secret Royal Inspector” premieres on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444283wpp/kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-and-son-byung-ho-have-an-unexpected-encounter-in-upcoming-historical-drama

------------------------------------------

No highlight-reel has been released yet and I need it! :D

• Blob 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Secret Royal Inspector, 암행어사 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Kim Myung Soo (L), Kwon Nara, Lee Yi Kyung & Lee Tae Hwan - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Secret Royal Inspector, 암행어사 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Kim Myung Soo And Kwon Nara Talk About Working In A Historical Drama, Their Solid Teamwork, And More

Kim Myung Soo and Kwon Nara spoke about working together for their upcoming historical drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title)!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Secret Royal Inspector” tells the story of a secret royal inspector who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.

Kim Myung Soo will play Sung Yi Kyum, a public official at the Hongmungwan (Office of Special Advisors) who becomes appointed to the position of secret royal inspector. Kwon Nara will star as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts).

kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-11.jpg

When asked why they chose to star in this drama, Kim Myung Soo said, “I read the script, and both the story and characters were fun and interesting. There are a lot of things I can show the viewers. It has a lot of action scenes, and I will be able to show many aspects of the historical drama genre. Those are the reasons why I chose to be part of this drama.”

To the same question Kwon Nara answered, “The script was fun. I was afraid since it’s my first time in a historical drama, but I wanted to try it because it’s a warm story that revolves around justice.”

Spoiler

kim-myung-soo4.jpg

“Secret Royal Inspector” is Kim Myung Soo’s second historical drama (his first being “The Emperor: Owner of the Mask), and this is Kwon Nara’s first time starring in this genre.

Kim Myung Soo shared, “It’s been a while since I was in a historical drama, and this is my second one, so it was very difficult. There were some difficulties during the winter shooting due to the cold weather, but the action scenes were the hardest. I struggled a lot because I had to act in hanbok (traditional Korean clothing). I practiced a lot at an action academy, and I also worked on wire action, rolling, and horseback riding. I’ve done about 95 percent of the action myself.”

Kwon Nara commented, “This is my first historical drama, so it was my first time shooting an arrow and fighting with a knife. I think I’ve tried all the different hairstyles in historical dramas, and I even dressed up as a man too. I tried to talk in a tone that was neither too heavy nor too light because this is a drama that contains comedy. I learned a lot from Kim Myung Soo.”

Spoiler

kwon-nara4.jpg

The two actors also talked about their synchronization with their characters. Kim Myung Soo said, “To be honest, I’m synchronized 99.9 percent with my character now. We’ve done a lot of filming already, so I’ve turned into my character.”

Kwon Nara shared, “If we’re comparing personalities, I think my character and I are 50 percent alike. I’m also down-to-earth, and I laugh a lot, but unlike Hong Da In, I’m not good at saying what’s on my mind. Hong Da In is a straightforward person who says everything she wants to say, and I want to be as courageous as her.”

Spoiler

kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-3.jpg

Next, Kim Myung Soo and Kwon Nara discussed their teamwork.

Kim Myung Soo said, “We have great teamwork, and she’s very considerate of me. When we exchange opinions, she’s very willing to accept my ideas. She’s a great person.” In turn, Kwon Nara praised him, saying, “I’m having a great time filming with Kim Myung Soo. We have amazing chemistry. He’s considerate, warm, and caring on the set.”

They also talked about Lee Yi Kyung, who plays the role of Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s trusty servant and right-hand man. They shared, “With Lee Yi Kyung, the atmosphere becomes even more exciting. When the three of us come together, we talk a lot, and we rehearse together and exchange ideas during break. He’s an incredible actor.”

“Secret Royal Inspector” will premiere on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444611wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-kwon-nara-talk-about-working-in-a-historical-drama-their-solid-teamwork-and-more

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The press conference - it starts at around 25 minutes. :D

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

“Royal Secret Agent” Makes Solid Start In Viewership Ratings + “The Penthouse” Sets Another Personal Best

KBS has premiered a new drama in the Monday-Tuesday evening time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 21 premiere of “Royal Secret Agent” recorded average nationwide ratings of 5.0 percent in the second half.

This is KBS’s first drama in this time slot since “Zombie Detective” two months ago. It is also a better start in ratings than its predecessor, as “Zombie Detective” recorded ratings in the 2-3 percent range throughout its run.

“Royal Secret Agent,” previously known as “Secret Royal Inspector,” stars Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, and Lee Yi Kyung in a historical drama about a secret royal inspector in the Joseon dynasty who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.

On SBS, “The Penthouse” stayed strong in the lead with average nationwide ratings of 19.1 and 23.7 percent, which also marked a new personal best for the drama. The drama previously recorded a personal best last episode with 23.3 percent.

On MBC, “Kairos” recorded ratings of 2.7 and 2.2 percent, a drop from last episode. On tvN, “Awaken” recorded ratings of 3.451 percent, a drop from last week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444704wpp/royal-secret-agent-makes-solid-start-in-viewership-ratings-the-penthouse-sets-another-personal-best

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Kim Myung Soo And Kwon Nara Freeze During Unexpected Encounter In “Royal Secret Agent”

KBS 2TV’s weekend drama “Royal Secret Agent” revealed new stills of Kim Myung Soo and Kwon Nara ahead of tonight’s episode!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Royal Secret Agent” tells the story of a secret royal inspector who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.

Spoilers

In the first episode, which received solid viewership ratings, Sung Yi Kyum (Kim Myung Soo) was forced to leave his double life as a government official by day and gambler by night and become a secret royal inspector. He came across Hong Da In (Kwon Nara), a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office), and despite their unfavorable first impressions of each other, they had to join hands for the same mission. It will be intriguing to watch the changes they go through as they overcome their differences to become a team who fights against injustice.

In the new stills, Sung Yi Kyum and Hong Da In are taking an outdoor bath in the middle of the night. The moonlight is softly shining in the sky, and the atmosphere is strange but calm. However, the peace is disrupted when they unexpectedly spot each other in the water. Hong Da In looks especially flustered as she covers her face and delves deeper into the creek.

kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara2.jpg

The second episode of “Royal Secret Agent” will air on December 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444798wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-kwon-nara-freeze-during-unexpected-encounter-in-royal-secret-agent

• Like 2
  • Blob 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Secret Royal Agent, 암행어사 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

I've watched eps 1 and 2.. It's extremely entertaining.. I wonder why there are so few comments on this drama.. Story wise, acting wise, it's been doing great so far.. Can't wait to see how the trio solve their first case while keeping their identity a secret..

• Like 3

“The Penthouse” Sets New Personal Best In Ratings + “Royal Secret Agent” Sees Rise For 2nd Episode

The Penthouse” continues to stay strong in the lead in the Monday-Tuesday evening time slot.

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 22 episode of the SBS drama recorded average nationwide viewership ratings of 19.1 and 24.0 percent. This is a new personal best for the drama after setting a personal best last episode with 23.7 percent.

KBS’s new drama “Royal Secret Agent” saw a rise in ratings for its second episode. After premiering to solid ratings of 5.0 percent, the December 22 episode recorded ratings of 5.5 and 5.8 percent.

On MBC, “Kairos” aired its final episode to ratings of 3.3 and 3.3 percent, not far from its personal best of 3.7 percent. On tvN, “Awaken” saw a slight rise from last episode with ratings of 4.103 percent. On JTBC, “Live On” recorded ratings of 0.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444914wpp/the-penthouse-sets-new-personal-best-in-ratings-royal-secret-agent-sees-rise-for-2nd-episode

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've only been able to find this to watch in low quality, which is distracting! But I'm liking it so far, the characters are good and the concept is interesting and different. I like that we're getting away from Hanyang and the palace, I'm a big sageuk fan so I've seen plenty of that before, though I'm sure we'll be returning soon. I've thought before that Kim Myung Soo's acting has a compelling quality of being simultaneously intense and guileless, and I'm enjoying it here as well. The character is amusing and, I have to acknowledge, his body is HOT. The shirtless scene in the lake... WOW. He was very cute in Meow the Secret Boy and Angel's Last Mission but even though those are very recent dramas, something about his face seems more mature suddenly - maybe it's that he had a floppy boyish haircut in those, but not in this? I don't know but I appreciate it! 

• Like 4

hi everyone :blush:

so far, I like it. it's cute and funny and I love period dramas, esp pretty hanboks :blush:. I liked Lee Yi Kyung in welcome to Waikiki, so it's nice to see him again. His character is my favorite for now, sweet and funny :blush: Kim Myung Soo's pretty face is also nice to look at :blush: 

I think the drama is gonna be good, I'm glad i found a new one to watch :blush:

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Secret Royal Agent, 암행어사