Quantcast

Originally this didn't look super interesting to me, I love sageuks but I thought it was basically just "Ye Olde Joseon Cop," but since learning more about it, my interest has been piqued! It looks like it'll have more romance and humor than I originally expected. And since I first heard of it I watched Meow The Secret Boy and loved Kim Myung Soo in it, and Lee Yi Kyung was very funny in Go Back Couple, and the trailer looked good, so here I am looking forward to it. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I haven't yet had a chance to watch the first episode, but I wanted to share this pic with all of you:     Yes, L, we are waiting to see this scene soon. EDIT:@Ameera

Kim Myung Soo And Kwon Nara Freeze During Unexpected Encounter In “Royal Secret Agent” Drama Preview Dec 22, 2

Kim Myung Soo Steps Up To Defend Kwon Nara In “Royal Secret Agent” Drama Preview Jan 5, 2021

Spoiler

Watch: Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, And Lee Yi Kyung Are Interviewed As Their Characters In Upcoming Historical Drama

KBS’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) has released a series of interview teasers with the main characters!

“Secret Royal Inspector” is a comic mystery drama set in the Joseon dynasty that stars Kim Myung Soo as Sung Yi Kyum, a secret royal inspector who travels undercover to the provinces in order to hear the stories of the people, uncover corruption, and deliver justice.

Kwon Nara co-stars as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts). Lee Yi Kyung rounds out the main cast as Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s servant and right-hand man.

Each of the new teasers takes place with the actors in character as their roles from the drama. Asked about the difficulties of being a secret royal inspector, Sung Yi Kyum says magnificently, “There isn’t much to it. You must be willing to put your life on the line.” As part of his job, he goes undercover by disguising himself in various ways, including as a woman. After his elegant “interview” is over, Sung Yi Kyum reveals his true self when he gets drunk and almost spills his secret and gambles the night away instead of doing his job, much to Hong Da In and Park Choon Sam’s exasperation.

In her interview, Hong Da In is proud of her work as a damo, and when asked if it is a hard job working with the secret royal inspector, she responds, “I’ve been doing martial arts since I was a girl. I can take care of myself.” But when asked how her teamwork is with the inspector, her face darkens and she remembers a scene in which she had to break Sung Yi Kyum out of jail and he complained, “It would be done faster if I was with Choon Sam.”

In his interview, Park Choon Sam shares wistfully his dream of getting special treatment as part of his work with the secret royal inspector. In reality, he gets beaten up by guards and is forced to take care of a baby, do the laundry, and cook the meals. At the end, he complains, “I wanted to get out of this tedious slave life and live a new life for a change.”

“Secret Royal Inspector” premieres on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1441073wpp/kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-and-lee-yi-kyung-show-their-characters-quirks-in-interview-teasers-for-historical-drama

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Spoiler

Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, And Lee Yi Kyung Star In Alluring Character Posters For Upcoming Historical Drama

KBS’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) has unveiled posters of the main cast!

“Secret Royal Inspector” is a comic mystery drama set in the Joseon dynasty that stars Kim Myung Soo as Sung Yi Kyum, a secret royal inspector who travels undercover to the provinces in order to hear the stories of the people, uncover corruption, and deliver justice.

Kwon Nara co-stars as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts). Lee Yi Kyung rounds out the main cast as Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s servant and right-hand man.

First of all, Kim Myung Soo poses as Sung Yi Kyum who is both passionate and clumsy. His expression is calm and collected, and with one hand, he grips onto the edge of his gat (traditional Korean headwear). His gaze heralds a sweet and salty charm that goes back and forth between comedy and seriousness. His secret royal inspector badge hangs from his waist, and viewers are looking forward to what ends he’ll go to in order to achieve justice.

kim-myung-soo4.jpg

Next, Kwon Nara completely transforms into her coy and cunning character Hong Da In. In the poster, her face is veiled in mystery, and she mesmerizes viewers with her bold eyes and gentle smile. She will showcase unique teamwork with Sung Yi Kyum as they strive for peace together.

kwon-nara2.jpg

Lee Yi Kyung looks bright and energetic in his character poster. He will be turning into the dependable Park Choon Sam, who will do whatever it takes to help Sung Yi Kyum.

lee-yi-kyung1.jpg

“Secret Royal Inspector” premieres on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teasers here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1441164wpp/kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-and-lee-yi-kyung-star-in-alluring-character-posters-for-upcoming-historical-drama

• Like 3
  • Love 1

New stills of the supporting cast haven been released. :D

image_readtop_2020_1239103_1606879140445

Source: MBNStar

And different angled character posters for Kim Myung Soo's character have been released.

202012024882_20201202144010596.png?type=

Source: Naver KBSMedia

• Love 1

Kim Myung Soo Describes His New Character In Upcoming Historical Drama

Kim Myung Soo talked about his new character Sung Yi Kyum in upcoming KBS drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title).

“Secret Royal Inspector” is a comic mystery drama set in the Joseon dynasty that stars Kim Myung Soo as Sung Yi Kyum, a secret royal inspector who travels undercover to the provinces in order to hear the stories of the people, uncover corruption, and deliver justice.

Sung Yi Kyum is rookie secret royal inspector who used to live an exciting double life as a public official and a gambler. He is both passionate and clumsy, and he will do whatever it takes to catch corrupt government officials and bring justice to the people.

Kim Myung Soo talked about how he’s becoming more and more like Sung Yi Kyum. He shared, “I am making an effort to understand my character and faithfully portray him. When I wear hanbok (traditional Korean clothes) now, I automatically hold my hands behind my back, and I focus on my duties. Those kinds of characteristics resemble my character, and it makes me realize, ‘Wow, I have become Sung Yi Kyum.'”

kim-myung-soo-11.jpg

Kim Myung Soo summed up Sung Yi Kyum in three words: pure, compassionate, and just. These are the character traits that will help Sung Yi Kyum achieve peace and justice while experiencing amazing growth on his journey as a secret royal inspector.

kim-myung-soo-2.jpg

“Secret Royal Inspector” premieres on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teasers here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1441525wpp/kim-myung-soo-describes-his-new-character-in-upcoming-historical-drama

• Love 1

Kwon Nara Goes Undercover As A Man While Teaming Up With Kim Myung Soo For Justice In Upcoming Drama

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) has shared a glimpse of Kwon Nara in her starring role!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Secret Royal Inspector” is a comic mystery drama starring Kim Myung Soo as Sung Yi Kyum, a secret royal inspector who travels undercover to provinces in order to hear the stories of the people, uncover corruption, and deliver justice. Lee Yi Kyung will play the role of Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s trusty servant and right-hand man.

Kwon Nara will be starring in the drama as Hong Da In, a beautiful damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who boasts a diverse array of talents including writing, painting, dancing, and martial arts. While undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts), she crosses paths with Sung Yi Kyum, and the two eventually join forces to fight for justice together.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Hong Da In disguises herself as a man to carry out a mission. The twinkle in her eye hints at the character’s pluck and determination, and as a damo braver than most men, Hong Da In isn’t afraid to throw herself in harm’s way if a mission calls for it.

Describing the similarities between her character and her real-life personality, Kwon Nara remarked, “I think we’re similar in the way that both of us are typically cheerful and mischievous, but when we get serious about something, we become entirely serious.” She added, “I’d like to become as courageous and ballsy as Da In is.”

Kwon-Nara-2.jpg

“Secret Royal Inspector” will premiere on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1441666wpp/kwon-nara-goes-undercover-as-a-man-while-teaming-up-with-kim-myung-soo-for-justice-in-upcoming-drama

• Like 1

I gotta admit I find the main poster not as good as the teaser poster which looks more fun and interesting. :D But here you go:

Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, And Lee Yi Kyung Pose For Striking Main Poster Of Upcoming Historical Drama

KBS’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) has released its main poster!

Kwon Nara co-stars as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts). Lee Yi Kyung rounds out the main cast as Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s servant and right-hand man.

On December 8, the upcoming drama unveiled a main poster starring its leads Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, and Lee Yi Kyung.

The three actors pose as their respective characters as they sit around a large gold royal inspector badge. This hints that they have gathered together in the name of justice to fulfill their duties of going after corrupted government officials.

First of all, Sung Yi Kyum is sitting on a chair with a relaxed smile and comfortable posture. Kim Myung Soo is expected to synchronize perfectly with this clumsy but passionate character who goes on a journey of growth and maturity.

Hong Da In is dressed in the bright and glamorous dress of a gisaeng, and she wears an unreadable expression on her face, which perfectly showcases her true identity as a damo. Lee Yi Kyung transforms completely into Park Choon Sam, and viewers can look forward to his cheerful and helpful role in the trio.

kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-lee-yi-kyung.jpg

The drama’s production crew stated, “In an era of chaos, these three young people will clumsily but courageously stand up to find justice, and they will grow through this adventurous process. We hope viewers can relate to the adventures of the secret royal inspectors and recall the old stories that taught us the value of justice in childhood.”

“Secret Royal Inspector” premieres on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teasers here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442352wpp/kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-and-lee-yi-kyung-pose-for-striking-main-poster-of-upcoming-historical-drama

• Love 1

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Tae Hwan Are Half-Brothers With Vastly Different Fates In Upcoming Historical Drama

KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) released new stills of Kim Myung Soo and Lee Tae Hwan!

Kim Myung Soo and Lee Tae Hwan will play half-brothers Sung Yi Kyum and Sung Yi Bum, who are born from Joseon’s local government official Sung Yong Jae’s wife and hand maiden respectively. From a young age, the two have been closely affectionate with each other and shared warm memories together, but due to Joseon’s desolate reality, they’ll have vastly different fates.

The newly released stills depict Sung Yi Kyum shooting an arrow in handsome attire while Sung Yi Bum appears in shabby clothing. Their contrasting visuals reflect their changed reality.

Kim-Myung-Soo-21.jpg

Lee-Tae-Hwan-2.jpg

Sung Yi Kyum, as a secret royal inspector, and Sung Yi Bum, as the head of a group of bandits, will walk completely different paths. Viewers are curious to learn more about the painful story of the two brothers who possess warm memories together yet are divided by reality.

Spoiler

Kim-Myung-Soo.jpg

Lee-Tae-Hwan.jpg

Scriptwriters Park Sung Hoon and Kang Min Seo revealed that they have a special affection for Sung Yi Bum’s character.

They shared, “He’s a figure who runs into limitations in the world due to his status as a son born from a male aristocrat and a woman of lower class, but he materializes justice in his own way.” They continued, “Although he was an innocent character in the past, he becomes fierce and sharp after facing ups and downs in life. It would be great if viewers watch out carefully for him since he’s a figure with a huge twist.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442489wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-tae-hwan-are-half-brothers-with-vastly-different-fates-in-upcoming-historical-drama

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've been looking for New Secret Royal Inspector (NSRI) thread like forever since casting news days, glad it's finally created..  

Hi chingus, glad to meet all of you here in this thread.. Let's pray NSRI to be a daebak drama to close 2020...

So far teasers and still pics looks interesting.. Can't wait for it's premiere.. We have less than 2 more weeks to go.. yeay!...

• Like 2

Kim Myung Soo, Lee Yi Kyung, And Kwon Nara Form A Chaotic Trio Of Spies In Upcoming Drama

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) has shared a new glimpse of the chemistry between its three leads!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Secret Royal Inspector” is a comic mystery drama starring Kim Myung Soo as Sung Yi Kyum, a secret royal inspector who travels undercover to provinces in order to hear the stories of the people, uncover corruption, and deliver justice. Lee Yi Kyung will play the role of Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s trusty servant and right-hand man.

Kwon Nara will star in the drama as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts). While in disguise as a gisaeng, she ends up crossing paths with Sung Yi Kyum, and they secretly join forces in a thrilling battle for justice.

Although Sung Yi Kyum and Hong Da In are amusingly unable to stop bickering, once the two “secret agents” (and Park Choon Sam) team up, they become a force to be reckoned with. In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, the trio seems to be on a stakeout, furtively hiding behind some rocks with worried expressions as they keep a close eye on something in the distance. Hong Da In is also noticeably in disguise as man, further piquing viewers’ curiosity about the nature of the team’s secret mission.

Spoiler

Kim-Myung-Soo-Kwon-Nara-Lee-Yi-Kyung1.jp

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442714wpp/kim-myung-soo-lee-yi-kyung-and-kwon-nara-form-a-chaotic-trio-of-spies-in-upcoming-drama

Lee Yi Kyung Is A Trusted And Lovable Sidekick In Upcoming Historical Drama With Kim Myung Soo And Kwon Nara

KBS’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal translation) has released new stills of Lee Yi Kyung in character.

“Secret Royal Inspector” is a comic mystery drama set in the Joseon dynasty that stars Kim Myung Soo as Sung Yi Kyum, a secret royal inspector who travels undercover to the provinces in order to hear the stories of the people, uncover corruption, and deliver justice.

Kwon Nara co-stars as a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) working undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts). Lee Yi Kyung rounds out the main cast as Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s servant and right-hand man.

When Sung Yi Kyum is suddenly appointed secret royal inspector, Park Choon Sam’s life is upended right alongside his master’s. Park Choon Sam’s eagerness and hot temper can sometimes overtake his abilities, leading him to make clumsy mistakes, but he has an innocent charm that gets him out of trouble and a surprising turn for deduction that makes him a valuable addition to the secret royal inspector’s team.

The new stills show three sides of Park Choon Sam’s character: his warm, lovable and energetic side; his charismatic, determined side; and his comedic side. Lee Yi Kyung chose three keywords to describe his character: affection, loyalty, and bluster. The actor said, “I am working hard on his gaze, gestures, and pattern of speech so that even when he does something bad, you can’t help but love him and think he’s cute.”

Spoiler

lee-yi-kyung-3.jpg

lee-yi-kyung-2.jpg

Spoiler

lee-yi-kyung.jpg

Director Kim Jung Min added, “Lee Yi Kyung is so strong when it comes to comedic acting, and I’ve wanted to work with him for a while.” Screenwriters Park Sung Hoon and Kang Min Sun said, “Lee Yi Kyung’s natural optimism makes him the moodmaker on set. Like Choon Sam, he gets along well with other people. He took to his character like a fish takes to water, so viewers can look forward to his comedic acting.”

“Secret Royal Inspector” premieres on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442699wpp/lee-yi-kyung-is-a-trusted-and-lovable-sidekick-in-upcoming-historical-drama-with-kim-myung-soo-and-kwon-nara

• Like 2

Watch: Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, And Lee Yi Kyung Show Off Chemistry In Upcoming Drama’s Poster Making-Of Video

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) shared a behind-the-scenes look at the poster photoshoot!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Secret Royal Inspector” is a comic mystery drama starring Kim Myung Soo as Sung Yi Kyum, a secret royal inspector who travels undercover to provinces in order to hear the stories of the people, uncover corruption, and deliver justice.

Kwon Nara co-stars as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts). Lee Yi Kyung rounds out the main cast as Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s servant and right-hand man.

The clip begins with Kim Myung Soo posing charismatically for his character poster. After introducing himself to the camera, he reveals that the chemistry between the main cast is so tight that the filming set is always filled with laughter. He continues, “The other two cast members are so comfortable to be around that it makes me wonder how such people could even exist. We’re creating a really enjoyable set.”

Next, Lee Yi Kyung takes the camera to film a close-up of Kim Myung Soo, who is focused on posing for his photo shoot. Kwon Nara also jokes back and forth with Lee Yi Kyung and covers the camera lens after he promises to reveal her true identity.

Kwon Nara then explains the concept of her photo shoot, saying that her colorful outfit was selected to reflect her role as a gisaeng. She also comments on her relationship with her fellow cast members, saying, “They feel like a family. The set is so much fun since we’re like friends. I look forward to going to the set, and I’m really looking forward to how this trio’s chemistry will appear in the drama.”

lee-yi-kyung-kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-2.j

Lee Yi Kyung introduces his role and shows off his straw shoes, which indicate his status as a servant. He also thanks Kim Myung Soo’s character Sung Yi Kyum for providing him with such nice clothes. Lee Yi Kyung surmises that viewers will be able to clearly see the chemistry between the main cast as they have grown so close to one another. He continues, “We’re so close that we even joke around off set as well. I’ll be thankful if you look forward to the reason why I’ve talked so much about this.”

The trio then get ready to take photos for the main poster. As they sit around the table, Lee Yi Kyung jokes, “Oh, did the lighting director arrive? Why is only Kwon Nara so bright?” Kwon Nara plays along, asking, “Where is the lighting director? Where are you?” When they are asked to strike a comedic pose, Kwon Nara places her foot on Kim Myung Soo’s leg, making him laugh.

The group finishes up by taking additional character posters in mysterious dark lighting followed by another group photo behind a bale of straw. Lee Yi Kyung playfully sticks his head between the two bales, which makes the staff burst into surprised laughter. The video comes to an end as the trio finish up their photo shoot and wave enthusiastically to the camera.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443266wpp/watch-kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-and-lee-yi-kyung-show-off-chemistry-in-upcoming-dramas-poster-making-of-video

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The clips isn't available on Youtube anymore, please watch it via the twitter link I posted in my previous post. :D

Kim Myung Soo And Kwon Nara Share Reasons For Taking Roles In Upcoming Historical Drama

Kim Myung Soo and Kwon Nara shared the reasons why they chose to take on roles in “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title).

KBS’s upcoming comic mystery drama “Secret Royal Inspector” tells the story of a secret royal inspector who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.

Kim Myung Soo plays Sung Yi Kyum, a public official at the Hongmungwan (Office of Special Advisors) who becomes appointed to the position of secret royal inspector. Kwon Nara co-stars as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesean trained in music and the arts).

Kim Myung Soo described his character as someone who seems sly and light-hearted on the outside but actually harbors secrets unbeknownst to others. On the reason why he decided to take the role of Sung Yi Kyum, Kim Myung Soo said, “I was drawn in by his various talents.”

Kim Myung Soo then shared his thoughts on the strengths of the drama. “I think the strong points of our drama are the story that flourishes with each episode and the comedic elements and stories between the characters,” he shared. “I think this will remain in my memory as a very meaningful production. I want to treasure the emotions I felt and the memories I made while working on this drama for a long time.”

Kim Myung Soo also revealed what he considers to be the key points of the drama, saying, “I think the enjoyment of watching each and every character is the key point of the drama, so I hope viewers will focus on each individual character. I’ll be very thankful if everyone could send lots of love to Sung Yi Kyum, the secret royal inspector that you just can’t help but like.”

Kim-Myung-Soo1.jpg

Kwon Nara introduced her character Hong Da In by describing their similarities. She said, “Hong Da In is someone who is really cheerful and playful but she immediately becomes serious when the situation calls for it, which is similar to me.”

She continued, “Hong Da In is a very talented individual who also charms people with her blunt and refreshing honesty. She can see people’s true intentions, and she also has a pure and childlike side when she jokes around with the other members of the royal inspection team. I think it’s cool how she doesn’t hesitate and keeps pressing onward to meet her goals.”

Kwon Nara named the subject matter of the secret royal inspector as well as the power behind the story’s theme of justice as reasons why she was drawn to the drama. She added, “While reading the script, I started to anticipate the next episode and what kind of situations Hong Da In and the royal inspection team would get themselves into, as well as how they would bring comfort to others.”

Kwon-Nara-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443448wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-kwon-nara-share-reasons-for-taking-roles-in-upcoming-historical-drama

Kwon Nara Talks About Her Unique Character In Upcoming Historical Drama

Kwon Nara will be transforming into an undercover government worker in KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title)!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Secret Royal Inspector” tells the story of a secret royal inspector who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.

Kim Myung Soo plays Sung Yi Kyum, a public official at the Hongmungwan (Office of Special Advisors) who becomes appointed to the position of secret royal inspector. Kwon Nara co-stars as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesean trained in music and the arts). Lee Yi Kyung plays the role of Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s trusty servant and right-hand man.

Kwon Nara described Hong Da In as a driven “heart stealer” who is an essential member of a team who goes against injustice. She shared, “I’m nervous because she’s a different character I’ve never portrayed before, but that’s why I’m even more excited about this drama.”

She added, “Hong Da In will make a memorable first impression. She is a strong person who says whatever is on her mind despite the fact that she’s in danger.”

kwon-nara-11.jpg

Kwon Nara also talked about the drama, saying, “As I read the script, I became filled with passion and hope that I didn’t know about, and it was so refreshing to read about the secret royal inspector’s team gradually building up teamwork and working together to fight against injustice. I think it is a drama that can give everyone laughter, entertainment, and hope.”

“Secret Royal Inspector” will premiere on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Watch the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443607wpp/kwon-nara-talks-about-her-unique-character-in-upcoming-historical-drama

Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, And Lee Yi Kyung Talk About Their Chemistry In New Historical Drama

Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, and Lee Yi Kyung talked about their amazing teamwork in upcoming historical drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title).

Set in the Joseon dynasty, the upcoming KBS2TV drama tells the story of a secret royal inspector who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.

Kim Myung Soo plays Sung Yi Kyum, a public official at the Hongmungwan (Office of Special Advisors) who becomes appointed to the position of secret royal inspector. Kwon Nara co-stars as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesean trained in music and the arts). Lee Yi Kyung plays the role of Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s trusty servant and right-hand man.

Concerning his teamwork with Kwon Nara and Lee Yi Kyung, Kim Myung Soo said, “We have good chemistry and are very close to each other. We know each other so well that we make bloopers because it’s so funny. They’re perfectly synchronized with their characters.”

kim-myung-soo2.jpg

Kwon Nara commented, “We’re all around the same age, so we talk a lot, and as time goes by, our teamwork just gets better and better. Kim Myung Soo portrays various sides of his character, including Sung Yi Kyum’s slickness and the secret royal inspector’s dignity. Lee Yi Kyung is really playful off camera, but once we go into filming, he professionally immerses into his role.”

kwon-nara2.jpg

Lee Yi Kyung said, “I met the two actors for the first time through this work, and the atmosphere of the set is so amazing that I’m already dreading to say goodbye. They are pure, considerate, and kind people. Above all, I think the biggest key point about our chemistry is that we’re able to create great synergy by building up our passion during acting.”

Spoiler

lee-yi-kyung1.jpg

The drama also shared new stills of Kwon Nara in character.

In the photos, Kwon Nara shines as she poses as Hong Da In in various hanbok (traditional Korean dresses). Hong Da In’s unique beauty and grace is further enhanced by the colorful clothing and diverse hairstyles. Despite her elegant appearance, her sharp eyes hide a secret, and viewers are looking forward to finding out more about the charismatic character.

Spoiler

kwon-nara-13.jpg

Kwon Nara talked about wearing hanbok, saying, “Every day, I wear hanbok while filming ‘Secret Royal Inspector,’ and I feel the charm, greatness, and pride of hanbok. Many people are interested in hanbok in foreign countries, and it is especially meaningful to be acting in this drama as the honorary ambassador of hanbok. I will be more active in diverse fields in order to promote the beauty and value of hanbok.”

“Secret Royal Inspector” will premiere on December 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Watch the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443790wpp/kim-myung-soo-kwon-nara-and-lee-yi-kyung-talk-about-their-chemistry-in-new-historical-drama

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Tae Hwan Are Half-Brothers Entangled In Love Triangle In Upcoming Historical Drama

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector” (literal title) has shared a sneak peek of its tense love triangle!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “Secret Royal Inspector” is a comic mystery drama starring Kim Myung Soo as Sung Yi Kyum, a secret royal inspector who travels undercover to provinces in order to hear the stories of the people, uncover corruption, and deliver justice. Lee Yi Kyung will play the role of Park Choon Sam, Sung Yi Kyum’s trusty servant and right-hand man, while Kwon Nara will star as Hong Da In, a damo (a woman who works for a Joseon government office) who goes undercover as a gisaeng (a courtesan trained in music and the arts).

In the newly released stills from the upcoming drama, the tension between Sung Yi Kyum and his half-brother Sung Yi Bum (played by Lee Tae Hwan) is palpable as they find themselves caught up in a love triangle with Kang Soon Ae (played by Jo Soo Min) at its center.

Although Sung Yi Kyum and Sung Yi Bum have been extremely close since childhood, they ultimately wind up leading very different lives due to the harsh realities of the Joseon era. Despite sharing the same father, Sung Yi Bum cannot enter the same level of society as his half-brother Sung Yi Kyum due to his status as an illegitimate child. While Sung Yi Kyum becomes a secret royal inspector, Sung Yi Bum walks a starkly different path as the leader of a group of bandits.

However, the two half-brothers face another wrinkle in their relationship in the form of Kang Soon Ae, Sung Yi Kyum’s first love. As the three characters become entangled in a complicated love triangle, Sung Yi Kyum and Sung Yi Bum find their brotherhood being tested, and their relationship begins to change in unexpected ways.

Kim-Myung-Soo-Lee-Tae-Hwan-Jo-Soo-Min.jp

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443926wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-tae-hwan-are-half-brothers-entangled-in-love-triangle-in-upcoming-historical-drama

• Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Secret Royal Agent, 암행어사