Zheng Xiao Ning as Yuan Zai
Huang Xiao Lei as Feng Jie
Sun Yi Fan as Qi Yan
Cao Jun Xiang as Xiao Wu
Mao Fan as Pang Shizhong
Tang Qi as Li Jun'er
Zhong Qi as Qiu Yu

Synopsis:

During the late Tang Dynasty, wealthy tycoon Li Qingliu showcases garments made from the finest golden silk inside a bustling tavern. Outside the tavern is Long Aoyi, the leader of the Longzhu Clan who engages in a game of life and death against the Snake Clan. Despite having no connections, the two are forced to work together because of a case revolving around the missing gold thread.

As he gets to know Long Ao Yi, Li Qingliu realizes that he had many misconceptions about the ordinary folk. In turn, Long Aoyi learns the ways of trading from him. When the machinations of an unscrupulous merchant causes many people to lose their homes, Li Qingliu steps up to protect them. His identity as prince is revealed and a new fight takes place in the palace with Long Aoyi by his side.

(Source: DramaWiki) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like what i said in LOVE iS SO SWEET. Bailu's acting superb now im watching JUIJUI she deserve more drama and project rather than some actress being cast in other drama now a days. BAILU really can act and very natural , i will say this again she is YANG MI in the making:approves:. I hope she'll get a chance to be cast in a heavy drama

This drama is light and cute .

I'm here rooting for Leon Lai Yi :love: Happy for him to have his first Male Lead character. 

I loved him though he played the villain in The Flames Daughter 2018. He has such strong charisma. 

Anyone else shares the same sentiment as me? :smiley:

Hear from you all soon :glasses:

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

I'm here rooting for Leon Lai Yi :love: Happy for him to have his first Male Lead character. 

I loved him though he played the villain in The Flames Daughter 2018. He has such strong charisma. 

Hear from you all soon :glasses:

love him too first time i  saw him was at yangmi's ten miles..... but sad to say i didn't watch TFD because im not fan of the lead actress :tounge_xd:.

But he does have chemistry with BAI LU :wub:

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Jiu Liu Overlord 九流霸主
18 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

love him too first time i  saw him was at yangmi's ten miles..... but sad to say i didn't watch TFD because im not fan of the lead actress :tounge_xd:.

But he does have chemistry with BAI LU :wub:

Yes I adore his character as Die Feng in TMOPB. But a pity too short of screen time. 

Oh ic...I happen to be a fan of ELOD. Everyone will have their favourite actor or actresses :lol: 

Has anyone seen the first few episodes yet? I'm planning to wait a little longer so I can binge a few episodes each time.

4 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Same here. :D Loved him in TMOPB and the flame's daughter! 

I will put this drama on my to watch list.

10 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Same here. :D Loved him in TMOPB and the flame's daughter! 

I will put this drama on my to watch list.

Good to see you here @SilverDawn 

Hope this current exposure will boost his chances of getting more ML in C-Dramaland :heart:

Is he managed by Jaywalk Yang Mi's studio? 

6 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

@Wuzetian Thanks! Yes, he's managed by Jaywalk. :)  I believe this is his first main lead role so hopefully this drama will be received well. I'm rooting for him and will definitely watch this when more episodes are subbed. 

I just watched the first episode! I'm simply too excited :sparklyeyes:

On 10/23/2020 at 10:13 AM, lovehuche said:

I wish the ML was Allen Fang.  

He's still a lead in the drama right? :)

It’s pretty lighthearted at the moment with some serious moments thrown in. But the plot is pretty fast paced and it keeps building up. Totally worth your time watching :Pandabulous:

4 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I just watched the first episode! I'm simply too excited 

He's still a lead in the drama right? :)

Yes. SML but still adorable! 

Love this show so far! I really like that Leon finally has his first ML role. He was so good at Die Feng in ELOD. I didn’t watch all of the Flame’s Daughter because I didn’t like who Dilraba’s character ended up with :joy:

3 hours ago, liesylew said:

It’s pretty lighthearted at the moment with some serious moments thrown in. But the plot is pretty fast paced and it keeps building up. Totally worth your time watching 

Yes. SML but still adorable! 

Love this show so far! I really like that Leon finally has his first ML role. He was so good at Die Feng in ELOD. I didn’t watch all of the Flame’s Daughter because I didn’t like who Dilraba’s character ended up with :joy:

Thanks for the quick review! 

Oh yes still can't help drooling at Die Feng anytime for being such an up righteous disciple of Kun Lun :wub:

I had no idea who Vic Zhou was then but to me he was alright in the drama...:D

I was looking forward to watch this drama as soon as it was announced! Unfortunately they've kept a low profile without any updates, so I began to loose hope, but in the end it it here, hurray!!! Very thrilled to watch Lai Yi as a ML, he absolutely deserves it :D

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

I was looking forward to watch this drama as soon as it was announced! Unfortunately they've kept a low profile without any updates, so I began to loose hope, but in the end it it here, hurray!!! Very thrilled to watch Lai Yi as a ML, he absolutely deserves it :D

Actually when was it announced? I wasnt really keeping track and it was not until I saw the drama's poster and voila with Lai Yi! 

Btw, does anyone here knows Chinese to keep us posted on the juicy bits trending around? :sparklyeyes:

Actually when was it announced?

Well, if I am not mistaken, they announced that they started filming at the end of March, 2019, but there was practically no info/updates, so I really started to worry if it was still in work. Thankfully, I was mistaken :D.

Btw, does anyone here knows Chinese to keep us posted on the juicy bits trending around?

Wow, could you please share? I would love to see it. I actually do not speak Chinese, but whatever))))

6 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Well, if I am not mistaken, they announced that they started filming at the end of March, 2019, but there was practically no info/updates, so I really started to worry if it was still in work. Thankfully, I was mistaken :D.

Wow, could you please share? I would love to see it. I actually do not speak Chinese, but whatever))))

Oic... this drama is pretty lucky to be aired so quickly then. As some went through cold storage for some time before it is being released. 

Lol...I couldn't read a full sentence of Chinese though I'm still learning on my Duolingo app... That was the reason why I was asking anyone here to contribute to help us. I can speak basic but reading is a tall order for me.  

3 hours ago, lovehuche said:

But he didn't get the girl so my heart can't take it.

Awww...Btw it's my first time knowing this actor. Allen is pretty cute.

In fact I have not heard of Bai Lu before this.  Probably it's because I don't have much time to watch so many dramas in a year. So I'll watch with those of my favourite actors actresses in it only. 

On 10/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, Wuzetian said:

In fact I have not heard of Bai Lu before this.  Probably it's because I don't have much time to watch so many dramas in a year. So I'll watch with those of my favourite actors actresses in it only. 

She's been around for a couple of years now. I still remember watching her very first drama in 2017's King Is Not Easy. She was definitely the highlight then and is doing well in this drama too. I just hope this drama doesn't go off the rails like King Is Not Easy did.

OroQbf.jpg

6 hours ago, Noona said:

She's been around for a couple of years now. I still remember watching her very first drama in 2017's King Is Not Easy. She was definitely the highlight then and is doing well in this drama too. I just hope this drama doesn't go off the rails like King Is Not Easy did.

Is she a newcomer then? She must have great success to start late and be a leading actress in such a short time. 

What do you mean by go off the rails? Did the whole movie loses its steam by mid or the end of the drama? Not heard of this drama. 

LAUGH DIE ME :Megalol:

O3GiWQc.jpgSource from WeTV app trailers..Episode 11

Archived