Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Jiu Liu Overlord 九流霸主

23 hours ago, deltos said:

Well the Board may not allow evil to win...but could they shorten up how long we have to look at it....Sometimes, I think, couldn't we have taken them out sooner... like after they lied, stole, cheated, killed, and manipulated the ML and FL 's and the King/Emperor/Prince ?  The daughter, father, and Prince in this series..geez...I think there is a bit too much of them and their obsession for Power/Love. :lol:

You feel like strangling these characters right? Let's send a ninja over :ph34r: 

• LOL 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thankfully then...   Thanks for the recommendation my friend!   Oh yes Leon is definitely worthy of our time! Where did you read about these comments about these people not lik

Finished the drama yesterday....   I really wasn’t paying all that much attention in the first 20 episodes...   there are a lot of plot holes and confusing actions, a lot of ‘huh?’

I'm here rooting for Leon Lai Yi  Happy for him to have his first Male Lead character.    I loved him though he played the villain in The Flames Daughter 2018. He has such strong charisma. 

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

You feel like strangling these characters right? Let's send a ninja over :ph34r: 

We could but I think it would start an international conflict...Ninja = Japan.  Think I'll just wait for them to get their just desserts !!! Revenge is always sweeter with a bit of sugar !!   

• LOL 1
On 11/9/2020 at 4:53 PM, Alila N said:

Hahaha, that’s a bonus then if Leon is your type. Idm his look though I know quite a number of people just don’t want to try this out based on the fact they didn’t like his look :( which is a pity. I can’t wait for 26 xD his scenes with bailu pulls my heartstrings and I can’t wait for those kisses xD if only they dare enough to show more kissing during(/leading to) the bed scene :P

Not trying to start anything but....Who said they didn't like his look? :blink:

cdrama tweets on Twitter: "Lai Yi for a Tian Wang Watch event #赖艺 #laiyi… "

;);) 

Wetv has Ep25&26 available now for non vips. :D 

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
12 hours ago, deltos said:

I dunno, but I freely admit that I'm on Team Hot AF.

What's team AF? I googled cant find any relating to it :huh:

13 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Not trying to start anything but....Who said they didn't like his look? :blink:

Wetv has Ep25&26 available now for non vips. :D 

Got me oogling now :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Wiggle 1
3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Spoiler

Team Hot As Richardsimmons:)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not circumvent the swearing filter, thanks!
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, deltos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

lol @ "Richardsimmons"

8 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Team hot AF is a slightly less polite way of refering to team "absolutely fabulous"...

Yes, I just made that up ^_^

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I swear that I removed the picture before replying! Does anyone of you have problems removing picture on handphone? Or it only works better on pc or laptop? 

5 hours ago, deltos said:
  Hide contents

Ok I'm still not getting it...Think it's ok...:hahah!:

51 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

lol @ "Richardsimmons"

Team hot AF is a slightly less polite way of refering to team "absolutely fabulous"...

Did the rules here got tighter? Wonder how our admins/moderators be so efficient to keep track of every single post? :brokenheart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Well, absolutely fabulous is a wonderful phrase as well and the title old British Comedy show..:lol:. I can't say it's the descriptor I would use ( speaking for myself ) to describe him. " HAF comes with a bit more earthiness than describing a brunch that was absolutely fabulous !:joy:

8 hours ago, deltos said:

Edited 8 hours ago by Jillia
Please do not circumvent the swearing filter, thanks!

oops sorry ...I forgot Soompi knows how to spell...no worries it won't happen again...:glasses:

• LOL 2
19 minutes ago, deltos said:

Well, absolutely fabulous is a wonderful phrase as well and the title old British Comedy show..:lol:. I can't say it's the descriptor I would use ( speaking for myself ) to describe him. " HAF comes with a bit more earthiness than describing a brunch that was absolutely fabulous !:joy:

I agree, but Soompie doesn't want us using 'earthy' terms :lol: or we get Richardsimmons or something like that. Hilarious but confusing... Took me a while to figure out what was going on. 

• LOL 2
17 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I agree, but Soompie doesn't want us using 'earthy' terms :lol: or we get Richardsimmons or something like that. Hilarious but confusing... Took me a while to figure out what was going on. 

yeah Richard has been around for a while...years even.. I just forgot that unless you spell in hieroglyphics ...Richard is always there  - :phew: dancing

• LOL 3

Ok, people, I've finished the series, and want to share some thoughts

Spoiler

What was it with the ending?:blink:

In one second the evil is punished (practically punished itself), my favorite  2ML is dead (really?! was it really necessary?!!), 2FL -got crazy ....and our   :letsgo:   - drive off into the sunset:blink: 

The events went so fast I really needed to re-watch the last couple of episodes to understand what's going on .

I was totally ok with the Prime Minister to be the mail evil for the reasons of power and wealth. But he is obviously very calculating and cautious , that's why the explained motives to kill FL's Master are totally illogical. Even with the whole "carp prophesy". She was leaving peacefully in Silver City and was not looking for him, not plotting or planning to destroy him. 

Prince Zhao's death,IMHO, was unnecessary as well.  I suppose it was because of the "those, who do bad things, should be punished" rule, but in this case even Run Yu was spared, -  why should Prince Zhao , who sacrificed everything, be killed and killed so cruelly ? :crybaby:

Xiao Xian going crazy is fine (sorry :D), it is clearly shown she won't ever let go her crazy idea to marry Qingliu. 

By the way, there is one more thing I need to mention. I was really disappointed with the actor who played the Emperor. No change in any emotion shown through the whole series.  

• Like 2
Spoiler
5 hours ago, leo2020 said:

the explained motives to kill FL's Master are totally illogical. Even with the whole "carp prophesy". She was leaving peacefully in Silver City and was not looking for him, not plotting or planning to destroy him. 

he was still stuck with the prophecy from the Master that the Black Carp will die - so as long as she lived, the possibility of his death was like the sword of Damocles over his head.  

Prince Zhao and XiaoXian were birds of the same feather - neither willing to hear " you're like a brother/sister to me" they were poles in cement...stuck ! I like you but you're not in my heart... Prince Zhao only died because he tried to kill the Prime Minister yet he did get the other pill to save Qingliu's life some redemption. XiaoXian was so obsessed that her mind couldn't take her father's death or QL actions( I'd rather be poisoned  than marry you). It snapped and there she is...a fate worse than death.

Qingliu was ready to give up being a Prince to have a happy life with Long -he told his father that...so the ending makes sense. There is the thinking part where as the viewer you have to assume that QingLiu got the other dose, lived and wanted out of the palace so a deal was cut. I loved the 2L's they were adorbs...and the Grandmother, that kind of character is rare in CD's. 

And I loved the ending song...so like a KD !

• Like 1
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Jiu Liu Overlord 九流霸主