[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Jiu Liu Overlord 九流霸主

sugarplum892

@Wuzetian, King Is Not Easy was her first drama and she's been in couple of dramas since, but nothing quite as popular as this year's Love Is Sweet or JL Overlord.

King Is Not Easy was marketed as a comedic costume drama, but turned out to be a body swap, xinxia, time/dimension travel, story within a story type of drama. I don't think the drama really knew where it was going, but sometimes when things are such a trainwreck you can't help but watch. :lol: I forced myself to finish.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Noona said:

@Wuzetian, King Is Not Easy was her first drama and she's been in couple of dramas since, but nothing quite as popular as this year's Love Is Sweet or JL Overlord.

King Is Not Easy was marketed as a comedic costume drama, but turned out to be a body swap, xinxia, time/dimension travel, story within a story type of drama. I don't think the drama really knew where it was going, but sometimes when things are such a trainwreck you can't help but watch. :lol: I forced myself to finish.

Body swap dramas are just too common already. I dont watch these genre anymore. It must be excruciating for you to force yourself to just sit through it :wacko:

6 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Wrong thread...haha

Did you come here for Bai Lu my friend? Since she's the FL in Overlord will you watch and join us here in this thread? :)

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Did you come here for Bai Lu my friend? Since she's the FL in Overlord will you watch and join us here in this thread? :)

Hehe.. yes Empress Wu:lol:... i was here for Bailu, wrote a long comment but it was meant for LIS but accidently post it on this thread. I havent watch Overlord, still waiting for more reviews :D

50 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Hehe.. yes Empress Wu:lol:... i was here for Bailu, wrote a long comment but it was meant for LIS but accidently post it on this thread. I havent watch Overlord, still waiting for more reviews :D

Lol...This is the first time someone calls me Empress Wu...But aint she an Emperor :D ?

Then I must go to LIS forum to check out that accidental post of yours. Haha... I just only got to know that Bai Lu was in LIS and Overlord is released, a back to back screening. So that boosted her popularity. 

Hehe.. she was powerful... she was both an Emperor and Empress definately... 

People we saying how good Bailu is in the republican drama but i couldnt finish it (since people say there was no kissing scenes so as not to promote LBGT? So i read though the recaps and watched the final episode).

When LIs came about and due to great reviews, didnt hurt that Leo was sooooo handsome (first time seeing him as an actor there), the rest, is history...:D

I started this drama yesterday and as with most other dramas I had trouble getting through the first episode. Familiar faces don't help this syndrome... At first I was thinking "Die Feng, don't be such a brat!" :lol: But I'm on episode 5 now and got over it along the way... So far I really like this drama! The acting feels natural and I'm happy with both ML's. 

I'm watching this drama on Viki and subs are a bit slow. Where do you guys watch this drama?

7 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I started this drama yesterday and as with most other dramas I had trouble getting through the first episode. Familiar faces don't help this syndrome... At first I was thinking "Die Feng, don't be such a brat!" :lol: But I'm on episode 5 now and got over it along the way... So far I really like this drama! The acting feels natural and I'm happy with both ML's. 

I'm watching this drama on Viki and subs are a bit slow. Where do you guys watch this drama?

Yea so unlike Die Feng right? I'm on episode 10 so far. I use WeTV app. They have 12 episodes for non VIP. We will have another 6 more episodes by Friday. Didn't expect myself to watch this fast. I just couldn't help it with our eye candy :love:

2 hours ago, deltos said:

This series is the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm up to episode 24 and we still have a long way to go...waiting for the new story arc to begin !

Long time for us who are not on VIP :D You are already 2/3 of the story. Saw some trailers for episodes 30 and above. Can't wait to get there. 

5 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Long time for us who are not on VIP :D You are already 2/3 of the story. Saw some trailers for episodes 30 and above. Can't wait to get there. 

I try to stay away from the trailers as they tend to send you off in one direction - then you watch the episode and realize the clip is from somewhere in the middle...:joy: but you watch the trailers anyway ! 

3 hours ago, deltos said:

I try to stay away from the trailers as they tend to send you off in one direction - then you watch the episode and realize the clip is from somewhere in the middle...:joy: but you watch the trailers anyway ! 

Lol...Just cant help it...Btw do you know Chinese? 

5 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Lol...Just cant help it...Btw do you know Chinese? 

I read and understand spoken word a bit...been taking lessons for a while but enough where I can watch a series raw and get the gist of what's going on. I often watch on Chinese streaming platforms like

Spoiler

Dubuko

they stream as they are released - no subs tho.

After watching 24 episodes I should say it's getting better and better. Hope we will 

Spoiler

soon get to know Long Aoyi's story too. I suppose for the love story to go forward she should at least belong to a wealthy and powerful family with deep roots in the court. 

By the way, Long Aoyi's dance during the banket somehow gave  me the vibe of Mei's dance (from the House of flying daggers)

Spoiler

61.jpg

Spoiler

Just the concept,  I mean)))

7 hours ago, deltos said:

I read and understand spoken word a bit...been taking lessons for a while but enough where I can watch a series raw and get the gist of what's going on. I often watch on Chinese streaming platforms like

Reveal hidden contents

Dubuko

they stream as they are released - no subs tho.

Oic...just wondering how's the overall response of C-netizens towards this drama? My Chinese still not proficient to read a complex sentence yet :lol: So cant check Weibo and other sites..

4 hours ago, leo2020 said:

After watching 24 episodes I should say it's getting better and better. Hope we will 

Reveal hidden contents

soon get to know Long Aoyi's story too. I suppose for the love story to go forward she should at least belong to a wealthy and powerful family with deep roots in the court. 

By the way, Long Aoyi's dance during the banket somehow gave  me the vibe of Mei's dance (from the House of flying daggers)

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Just the concept,  I mean)))

Means the momentum building is good...she does look really beautiful in that red dress while dancing....like the song "Lady in Red" by Chris Deburgh, one of my favourites. 

18 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Hide contents

Of course...out of the last three drama's I've watched...they all were adopted, had a secret jade pendant that their dying mentor/master/granny gave them...and now, they are the long lost daughter/sister/of the emperor/king/favorite concubine/ and yes...they become royalty...based on trailers I've watched...she becomes something. We have to go to episode 36...so they do need another story arc... :surprisedwut:

On 11/2/2020 at 4:24 PM, Wuzetian said:

Body swap dramas are just too common already. I dont watch these genre anymore. It must be excruciating for you to force yourself to just sit through it :wacko:

XD I’m here for Bailu, too

17 hours ago, deltos said:

Of course...out of the last three drama's I've watched...they all were adopted, had a secret jade pendant that their dying mentor/master/granny gave them...and now, they are the long lost daughter/sister/of the emperor/king/favorite concubine/ and yes...they become royalty...based on trailers I've watched...she becomes something. We have to go to episode 36...so they do need another story arc... :surprisedwut:

Spoiler

Hahaha in this series, the long lost heir was the ML :lol: I think for her, it’s possibly a high ranking official’s descendant, otherwise incest! :bawling:

I have enjoyed this series so far, the chemistry is quite good. Is it as good as Xukai and Leo? No, but then Bailu is very good, she’s making every guy desirable :rolleyes: Leon isn’t the most handsome guy out there but he looks decent, and his scenes with her does pull my heartstrings and in the end of the day, that’s all it matters :P I kinda regretted starting this too early, now I’m on 24 and have to wait :mellow:

Arsenal military is actually a good series to watch, while there is no kissing scenes, their scenes together are so cute, and Xukai is excellent as the cheeky bad boy. Still recommended bailu’s fans to watch it. In this series, she’s handled things herself, the boys are like nothing compare to her :lol:

31 minutes ago, Alila N said:

I kinda regretted starting this too early, now I’m on 24 and have to wait :mellow:

Only if you need subs...:glasses:

38 minutes ago, Alila N said:

Leon isn’t the most handsome guy out there

Actually, Leon is my kinda guy...I liked him in ETL and LOF...his role in OL fits him... even before you knew he was a Prince...you knew he was a Prince...LOL

45 minutes ago, Alila N said:

Arsenal military is actually a good series to watch,

I'm kinda done with the cross-dressing trope. MH was it for me right now. 

Archived