[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Jiu Liu Overlord 九流霸主

sugarplum892

19 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I'm on EP 14...waaayyy behind you guys. Swamped with work but this drama is something to look forward to every evening!

Now I'm behind you at just episode 12... :D

18 hours ago, deltos said:

Of course...out of the last three drama's I've watched...they all were adopted, had a secret jade pendant that their dying mentor/master/granny gave them...and now, they are the long lost daughter/sister/of the emperor/king/favorite concubine/ and yes...they become royalty...based on trailers I've watched...she becomes something. We have to go to episode 36...so they do need another story arc... 

So is this another typical story? Hmm...:confused:

49 minutes ago, Alila N said:

XD I’m here for Bailu, too

Reveal hidden contents

Hahaha in this series, the long lost heir was the ML :lol: I think for her, it’s possibly a high ranking official’s descendant, otherwise incest! :bawling:

I have enjoyed this series so far, the chemistry is quite good. Is it as good as Xukai and Leo? No, but then Bailu is very good, she’s making every guy desirable :rolleyes: Leon isn’t the most handsome guy out there but he looks decent, and his scenes with her does pull my heartstrings and in the end of the day, that’s all it matters :P I kinda regretted starting this too early, now I’m on 24 and have to wait :mellow:

Arsenal military is actually a good series to watch, while there is no kissing scenes, their scenes together are so cute, and Xukai is excellent as the cheeky bad boy. Still recommended bailu’s fans to watch it. In this series, she’s handled things herself, the boys are like nothing compare to her :lol:

Hello there! This is my first drama with Bai Lu... Such a pretty lady like her deserves some good kissing scenes no? :wub:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

So is this another typical story? Hmm...:confused:

Well typical in that there are the well used tropes...and, it seems the latest batch of historical CD's released have those tropes... which aren't bad...just overused. I do find them less used in Xian Xie than regular historical drama's. OL has a bunch but they are used pretty good...

20 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Hello there! This is my first drama with Bai Lu... Such a pretty lady like her deserves some good kissing scenes no? :wub:

Try ““Love is Sweet”. “The Legend” also has 2 good kissing scenes (The BTS are even better than the drama).

1 hour ago, deltos said:

Only if you need subs...:glasses:

Actually, Leon is my kinda guy...I liked him in ETL and LOF...his role in OL fits him... even before you knew he was a Prince...you knew he was a Prince...LOL

I'm kinda done with the cross-dressing trope. MH was it for me right now. 

Hahaha, that’s a bonus then if Leon is your type. Idm his look though I know quite a number of people just don’t want to try this out based on the fact they didn’t like his look :( which is a pity. I can’t wait for 26 xD his scenes with bailu pulls my heartstrings and I can’t wait for those kisses xD if only they dare enough to show more kissing during(/leading to) the bed scene :P

3 hours ago, Alila N said:

Hahaha, that’s a bonus then if Leon is your type. Idm his look though I know quite a number of people just don’t want to try this out based on the fact they didn’t like his look :( which is a pity.

Very true...it's like saying " only talk to pretty people because they are worth it "...very shallow thinking. Not every actor can be hot...and not every hot actor can act...so I always go with the drama first...but hey it's entertainment...so if folks need what looks good to entertain them...then go for it !:glasses:

12 hours ago, deltos said:

Well typical in that there are the well used tropes...and, it seems the latest batch of historical CD's released have those tropes... which aren't bad...just overused. I do find them less used in Xian Xie than regular historical drama's. OL has a bunch but they are used pretty good...

Thankfully then...

12 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Try ““Love is Sweet”. “The Legend” also has 2 good kissing scenes (The BTS are even better than the drama).

Thanks for the recommendation my friend!

11 hours ago, Alila N said:

Hahaha, that’s a bonus then if Leon is your type. Idm his look though I know quite a number of people just don’t want to try this out based on the fact they didn’t like his look :( which is a pity. I can’t wait for 26 xD his scenes with bailu pulls my heartstrings and I can’t wait for those kisses xD if only they dare enough to show more kissing during(/leading to) the bed scene :P

Oh yes Leon is definitely worthy of our time! Where did you read about these comments about these people not liking his looks? There are actors or actresses may not look great but have awesome acting capabilities just like Tong Leung Chiu Wai...He's a role model to so many aspiring actors actresses....

Did I just read bed scene? Oh the one that her shoulder was exposed? :ph34r:

8 hours ago, deltos said:

Very true...it's like saying " only talk to pretty people because they are worth it "...very shallow thinking. Not every actor can be hot...and not every hot actor can act...so I always go with the drama first...but hey it's entertainment...so if folks need what looks good to entertain them...then go for it !:glasses:

Ya this is very true especially for the one of the latest drama "Dating in the Kitchen"...ML not the typical kind of good looking actor. But he is so manly in his role and has super reviews in Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre as Yang Xiao (my favourite character). It was my first time seeing him and worthy to look out for his future projects...The same goes for Leon...Everyone needs time to grow and hopefully each of them will achieve success in their own ways :heart:

You know, Xiao Xian and Li Zhao deserve a reality show of the own...Life Styles of the Obsessed and Petty !  Seriously ! But we ( need) those characters for angst ( for what is a CD without angst ? ). Qing Liu finally grew a pair and spoke his truth...so it's gonna get pretty interesting here on out...

13 hours ago, deltos said:

You know, Xiao Xian and Li Zhao deserve a reality show of the own...Life Styles of the Obsessed and Petty !  Seriously ! But we ( need) those characters for angst ( for what is a CD without angst ? ). Qing Liu finally grew a pair and spoke his truth...so it's gonna get pretty interesting here on out...

I've not come to the point where they are angsty yet... :D still the Ms Nice and Mr Nice

Finished the drama yesterday....

I really wasn’t paying all that much attention in the first 20 episodes...

there are a lot of plot holes and confusing actions, a lot of ‘huh?’ and ‘what the... why?’ I felt like a lot of things happened abruptly and is sorta elaborated afterwards but the story just doesn’t flow. Near the end, I’m just constantly like, kill him/her already! Why do so many other unnecessary things??

Ok, thanks for listening 

I enjoyed more of the episode in the town and the silk trade and sort of switched off when we reached the palace. 

Watched the end and felt that that was the best way the story could go.

Spoiler

I didn't pity the 2FL but I did pity the 2ML.  A pitiful end for him. 

31 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I enjoyed more of the episode in the town and the silk trade and sort of switched off when we reached the palace. 

Agreed ! Town was more fun ! The palace became "tropey" and predictable - the usual  Palace drama.

34 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Watched the end and felt that that was the best way the story could go.

It took a second watch of the last two eps. I missed a key transition point and editing didn't help much.

34 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn't pity the 2FL but I did pity the 2ML.  A pitiful end for him. 

Spoiler

2FL was a PITA from E1 - justice was served. 2ML liked him in the beginning nice comedic relief...then he went off the farm. No sympathy - except he did do an honorable thing at the end. Justice was still served.

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

What he (2ML) did at the end did lead me to sympathise with him (a little).

I only caught that on the 2nd watch...the jump from...to the end made me go huh ?  Cause you know in most cases there is a " plan"  to make that happen.  I literally had to rewatch35/36 for it to make sense...I don't know if it was the editing or the story telling...and yeah...the size of my sympathy was equal to the size of his action...:lol:

6 hours ago, Sdfntam said:

Finished the drama yesterday....

I really wasn’t paying all that much attention in the first 20 episodes...

there are a lot of plot holes and confusing actions, a lot of ‘huh?’ and ‘what the... why?’ I felt like a lot of things happened abruptly and is sorta elaborated afterwards but the story just doesn’t flow. Near the end, I’m just constantly like, kill him/her already! Why do so many other unnecessary things??

Ok, thanks for listening 

Hmm... anything positive besides the negatives you mention above?

18 hours ago, deltos said:

Yes...evil doers never win...and we know who they were !:D

Good one there...But I believe there is another stronger reason for it. China's censorship board will not allow evil to win so somehow or rather the evil characters are sure to have a predestined fate in the drama or movie. 

36 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Good one there...But I believe there is another stronger reason for it. China's censorship board will not allow evil to win so somehow or rather the evil characters are sure to have a predestined fate in the drama or movie. 

Well the Board may not allow evil to win...but could they shorten up how long we have to look at it....Sometimes, I think, couldn't we have taken them out sooner... like after they lied, stole, cheated, killed, and manipulated the ML and FL 's and the King/Emperor/Prince ?  The daughter, father, and Prince in this series..geez...I think there is a bit too much of them and their obsession for Power/Love. :lol:

Archived