[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

Miss these oppas? Catch them on these 2021 comeback dramas

Published January 7, 2021

by Angie Chui

oppas-.jpg

Korean drama fans are always on the lookout for the next projects of their beloved oppas. Unfortunately, the dramas don’t come quickly enough because actors have to review multiple offers to choose the most interesting ones.

Luckily, Korea’s top leading men have already chosen their next big projects so fans can look forward to these upcoming dramas and films this year.

Lee Min Ho. The Legend of the Blue Sea star returned triumphantly to the small screen after two years of mandatory service with The King: Eternal Monarch last year. In 2021, he is set to appear as the male lead in Apple TV+’s first Korean series entitled Pachinko. The series is based on the bestselling book written by Lee Min Jin. The period drama, which will span eight episodes, will be shot in multiple countries. Lee Min Ho will play the role of Hansu, a powerful merchant with ties to organized crime...

https://mb.com.ph/2021/01/07/miss-these-oppas-catch-them-on-these-2021-comeback-dramas/

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

The Top Korean Dramas To Watch In 2021

Can’t get enough of Korean dramas? Here’s a list of shows to look out for in 2021, from period dramas to fantasy-mystery storylines

by Michelle Lee  /   January 8, 2021

2021 seems like it’s shaping up to be a brilliant year for a slew of exciting new Korean dramas. From those that are currently airing new episodes to ones slated to be broadcasted this year, here are the ones you don’t want to miss (watch this space for updates).

Pachinko

202006091928771724_5edf67a4b1d9e.jpg?w=5

What it’s about: Apple’s international drama series Pachinko stars Lee Min Ho of Boys Over Flower fame as well as American actor Jin Ha, and is based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Korean-American author Min Jin Lee.

Set in the 20th century, the family saga follows four generations of a Korean family as they move to Japan, amid the country’s colonisation of Korea and other seismic political and cultural shifts.

Lee Min Ho plays Hansu, an enigmatic outsider and merchant with ties to organised crime, while Jin Ha portrays Solomon, an ambitious, charming young man who is forced to deal with his family’s past.

Pachinko is slated to be released on Apple TV+ in 2021.

https://www.womensweekly.com.sg/gallery/entertainment/top-korean-dramas-to-watch-in-2021/

• Like 4

Kim Soo Hyun Sung Joong Ki Lee Min Ho

With the coming of the new 2021, top stars are also starting to rise. Male actors Kim Soo Hyun, Song Joong Ki, and Lee Min Ho, content only with their name or even their existence, are the main characters. Where can I meet three actors who will be busy again this year?

Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho, who appeared in last year's drama The King: Eternal Lord, has once again captured his potential. Recently, I have also been communicating with my fans via YouTube.

132965336_1480275862167947_5062968814089

Lee Min Ho will appear in an American drama this year. This is my first appearance since my debut in an American drama. He is currently filming the Apple TV Plus drama Pachinko. Pachinko is the story of a family of Korean immigrants that has existed for four generations. Lee Min Ho finished filming in Korea last December and is expected to be filming in Canada in February.

http://www.vogue.co.kr/2021/01/08/김수현-송중기-이민호-그들이-온다/

• Like 4

18 New and Returning TV Shows to Look Forward to in 2021
From period dramas to promising literary adaptations.

11  Pachinko (Apple TV+)

COURTESY AMAZON
Premiere Date TBD (series not defined with release date)

pachinko-1609344685.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;cen

Min Jin Lee's bestselling book serves as the source material for this series. Shot in three languages—Korean, Japanese, and English—across multiple continents, Pachinko promises to be an event.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/g35097277/best-tv-shows-2021/

• Like 2

"If you catch the Korean Wave, you catch the world"... "OTT War" in Korea

Utilize 'Power' of Korean Wave stars and production

In 2021, the Korean entertainment market is expected to become an OTT battlefield with a large number of global Over The Top platforms.

It is expected that securing competitive content will determine the success or failure, as Disney+ and Apple TV+ will join the market as Netflix's opponents which has already dominated the market. And the competition will inevitably result in competition to recruit actors with star power, famous writers and directors who can appeal to viewers around the world-renowned writers and directors.

Netflix's subscribers increased significantly in the Korean market last year amid the aftermath of the new coronavirus infection (Covid-19). 

Apple TV+ will also produce the drama "Pachinko," which includes actors Lee Min-ho and Jung Eun-chae, as a first step toward targeting the Korean market. The work, which adapts the novel of the same title written by Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin to TV, deals with the hard lives and identities of Korean immigrants who moved to Japan and the United States after the Japanese colonial era. Speculation is high that Apple TV Plus will launch its service in the Korean market in the middle of this year and put forward the drama as an enticement to attract Korean subscribers.

http://www.munhwa.com/news/view.html?no=2021011101031612069001

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

What’s his role?

he is probably going to Canada like LMH 

I think there are more scenes in Canada that what we think, the writer may have made some changes 

his role will probably be yoseob jung eun chae's husband in the story. i am too curious about who will play noa

though i feel it will not be lmh cause i dont see any reason for the production to hide it when they announced that he will take the role of hansu

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lupeace said:

his role will probably be yoseob jung eun chae's husband in the story. i am too curious about who will play noa

though i feel it will not be lmh cause i dont see any reason for the production to hide it when they announced that he will take the role of hansu

i was talking with Minoz on Twitter, Noa is either out of the drama or LMH has already played Noa in SK. Minoz said Noa didn’t go to Canada according to the book, so there is no Noa in Canada but we will have Hansu there

They made some big changes. 

I didn’t read the book and I doubt the writer follows the book strictly 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nikaa94 said:

i was talking with Minoz on Twitter, Noa is either out of the drama or LMH has already played Noa in SK. Minoz said Noa didn’t go to Canada according to the book, so there is no Noa in Canada but we will have Hansu there

They made some big changes. 

noa plays a big role in the story that links between hansu and sunja. i dont think they will take him out that easily because it will affect the whole story.

the thing with canada is that we assume they will be filming just the us scenes in there but they might have prepared a japanese set to film japan scenes too without having to go to japan

we know they have already filmed some japanese scenes in korea so why not in canada as well

• Like 5

Jung Woon In's "Pachinko" Appearance on Apple TV Confirmed "Yoon Yeo Jung x Lee Min Ho and Breathing (Official)

Kim Knowle wiwi@newsen.com 2021.01.12. 15:35

BB1cFORn.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&

Actor Jung Woon-in appears in the Apple TV Plus drama series "Pachinko," produced by Worldwide Streaming Video (OTT).

An agency official from Just Entertainment announced on NewsN on January 12th that "Jung Woon-in has confirmed his participation in Pachinko."

"Pachinko" is a work based on the novel of the same name by the Korean-American writer Lee Min Jin.

Previously, while Yoon Yeo Jung played the main character Songju and Lee Min Ho played the merchant Han Soo, Jung Woon-in also plans to showcase his presence by taking on the narrative axis.

Meanwhile, "Pachinko" is produced by Media Reds, and Su Hugh, author of "Terror" and "Murder," was the main writer, general producer and showrunner. Korean Americans, director Cogonada and former director Justin are known to make four copies each.

https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/tv/정웅인-측-애플tv-파친코-출연-확정-윤여정x이민호와-호흡-공식/ar-BB1cFORt

• Like 5

This year, Apple TV Plus and Disney Plus, the giant OTTs that will become Netflix's counterparts, are making their first steps in the Korean market. In the case of Apple TV Plus, the drama "Pachinko," starring Hallyu, stars Lee Min Ho, Jung Eun Che and Yoon Yeo Jung. Making a drama based on the novel of the same name by Korean-American writer Lee Min Jin and bringing Lee Min Ho is seen as Apple TV Plus's plan for a soft landing in the Korean and Asian markets.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lupeace said:

Yes, this totally makes sense. 

I still hope that LMH will be Noa and that is a well hidden secret. Dreaming is free. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

Jung Woong-in reportedly set to join star-studded cast for 'Pachinko' series

January 12, 2021

Reports on Tuesday say actor Jung Woong-in will join the star-studded cast for the highly anticipated drama series “Pachinko,” which will be produced by Apple TV+.

The confirmed cast includes Korean heartthrob Lee Min-ho, who has gained international fame after appearing in “Boys Over Flowers,” and Youn Yuh-jung, who is currently sweeping awards from U.S. film associations for her role in “Minari,” as well as Japanese actors Soji Arai and Kaho Minami.

Based on the book by Lee Min-jin, “Pachinko” revolves around four generations of a Korean family that journeys between Korea, Japan and America, telling stories of war and peace, love and loss.

The script was penned by Korean-American Soo Hugh, who will also serve as creator and showrunner, with Korean director Kogonada and actor Justin Chon set to direct multiple episodes of the series.

It will be filmed across multiple continents, and the story is to be told in Korean, Japanese and English.

Jung is currently starring in SBS drama “Delayed Justice” and staging a play “Ice.”

BY YIM SEUNG-HYE   [yim.seunghye@joongang.co.kr]

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/01/12/entertainment/television/jung-woongin-pachinko-lee-minjin/20210112172700556.html

• Like 4

On 1/12/2021 at 12:43 AM, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Previously, while Yoon Yeo Jung played the main character Songju and Lee Min Ho played the merchant Han Soo, Jung Woon-in also plans to showcase his presence by taking on the narrative axis.

Maybe this is saying that he will be playing older Hansu. Then LMH could continue filming as Noa.

We can only speculate with the drops of information we’ve been given. 

It would be ridiculous to pair LMH with Yoon Yeo-jung. 

:heartxoxo::heartxoxo:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, 1ouise said:

Maybe this is saying that he will be playing older Hansu. Then LMH could continue filming as Noa.

We can only speculate with the drops of information we’ve been given.

Yes, I have the same assumption, which is why I selected this line in the article. It's a shame, of course, if Lee Min Ho isn't allowed to play an age role. But if he also plays Noah, it will be great!

• Like 3