[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

3 hours ago, Serene Tales said:

Can some one please translate the last part of this interview? I guess it’s something about the deleted scene. 
I heard from someone that the bed scene the director mentioned was just that shirtless scene and that was all. They said that kind of implying scenes were also considered as a bed scene in Korea bcs it gives a hint on what was going on. I am not sure about this. And I like to believe he did nothing more than that shirtless scene in the movie.

This interview is really funny. It is sad that there are no subtitles for this full interview on youtube. MinHo is sooo cute in this.:love:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-JokJNB01r/?igshid=1kd3ki9vhhp0r

It took me a lot of effort to finally find this one..! This is a part of that interview with English subtitles. Yaay! 
And from this interview, it seems like the shirtless scene was all that LMH did. I think the media just exaggerated his words and gave news like he had sex scene with the actress and it got deleted and all. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Anagha said:

It’s not just about me. There are a lot more fans than you may even think who will be uncomfortable watching him do adult scenes. I am scared if he will lose some of those fans. I want him to be loved by everyone. But of course we are just fans. We can only cheer for whatever role he takes up. 
And I will love him no matter what!
Looking forward to watch his wonderful performance in Pachinko ( without adult scenes. Uggh:tounge_wink::tired:

Fighting! 

Not every play or character he does will end up pleasing his fans. If he looses them there are plenty others which he can gain with a good performance. And to be honest Hansu's character itself has a questionable morale , the scene in question is just a Mere cherry on top.

It's a OTT platform FF is an option unlike on TV or in Movies, so there lies the solution.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Not every play or character he does will end up pleasing his fans. If he looses them there are plenty others which he can gain with a good performance. And to be honest Hansu's character itself has a questionable morale , the scene in question is just a Mere cherry on top.

It's a OTT platform FF is an option unlike on TV or in Movies, so there lies the solution.

Him doing a villain type character and him doing a sex scene are a lot different. Him doing a bad character will do no harm to his personal life. But him doing a sex scene will have an impact on his image as a person. Lee Min Ho doesn’t need to take that risk in anyways. Because he is already a great actor loved by people across the world. He has a lot of other ways to show his talent as an actor. I hope he has already taken all these in to consideration. Only time will tell.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, syntyche said:

Essa cena adulta é um tópico interessante e bastante polarizador. 

Para colocar as coisas em perspectiva, gostaria de pensar sobre Gangnam Blues. O tema deste filme é bem diferente da maioria dos dramas que LMH fez. Alguns de seus fãs, que estão acostumados a ver sua imagem saudável em dramas anteriores, podem não escolher isso como sua xícara de chá. Enquanto outros consideram isso como uma lufada de ar fresco, um desafio para LMH mostrar seu potencial como ator versátil.

Como sabemos, LMH tinha uma cena adulta aqui que foi decidida a ser deletada. Eu me lembro de ter visto uma entrevista coletiva na Grã-Bretanha, onde LMH foi provocado pelo PD que ele deveria ter feito uma cena de amor para ele, no estilo "Frozen Flower". "Frozen Flower" tem cenas de amor ainda mais intensas do que filmes de faroeste. Enquanto LMH apenas ria disso, o público presente discordou fortemente.

Eu mesmo assisto a uma ampla variedade de gêneros de programas, desde filmes coreanos a asiáticos e ocidentais. GB, para mim, é um filme que mostra o que LMH pode fazer quando desafiado a retratar um papel que está fora de sua zona de conforto. Sem a cena adulta, a narrativa do filme ainda funcionou para mim. Se essa cena tivesse sido incluída, eu ainda a assistiria, e como já vi várias tomadas de cenas adultas, de sugestiva a explícita, provavelmente a consideraria uma arte de expressão do diretor / produção, e ainda assim veja GB como uma das obras excepcionais de LMH.

Por outro lado, recepção pública é outra coisa. Lembro-me de um kdrama recente mostrado em uma estação local, onde alguns chegaram a pedir seu cancelamento devido a sua conotação sexual envolvendo um menor. Como Pachinko, esse drama também foi baseado em um trabalho anterior que pedia tais conotações (e Sunja também não era menor quando conheceu Hansu?)

Bem, Pachinko seria mostrado na Apple TV +, uma plataforma baseada nos Estados Unidos que tem uma visão mais liberal de temas adultos. Mas a Apple TV + pretende entrar no mercado coreano e lançar o Pachinko. E é aí que reside o possível conflito - eles seguirão o caminho conservador em consideração à nacionalidade de sua estrela principal e os valores coreanos tradicionais, ou seguirão sua postura liberal usual sobre temas adultos? 

Ainda outro conflito é o que estamos tendo agora - recepção pública. Eu entendo que LMH tem uma imagem saudável, e alguns gostariam muito que ele mantivesse essa imagem. Enquanto outros gostariam que ele assumisse papéis maduros e, portanto, estão abertos à possibilidade de vê-lo em cenas adultas. Todos nós temos nossas opiniões e espero que elas sejam levadas em consideração pela equipe do LMH (Algum MYM espreitador aqui? :ri muito:) Acho que tudo se resume a qual imagem e plano de carreira LMH deseja seguir no futuro. E, claro, a produção de Pachinko que decide o que e o que não mostrar. Até então, ainda é um processo de longa espera para nós. E definitivamente haveria outra rodada de discussão quando a cena fosse finalmente mostrada (ou não).

Thank you! 

You bring the dilemmas that we, fans from different countries and cultures, are observing regarding this project specifically.

As you yourself mentioned, I also saw on Twitter (LATAM), many fans furious with a k-drama that involved the adult / teen relationship. In this drama, there were also other sensitive themes (such as racism). It was a general hysteria asking to "CANCEL" the actor. He is considered an "A" actor. So far, some fans have refused to watch his new project.

In Pachinko, Sunja is 16 years old but I am hoping that he will not be portrayed in this way in adaptation for the reasons already mentioned in this topic.

The actress (Kim MinHa) in latest stories at IG wore braids like teenage Sunja in the book. I think, maybe the production can change her hairstyle later so that she can portray the adult Sunja. In the series I hope Hansu will find her in adulthood, to avoid haters. For example:

https://twitter.com/oldpicture1900/status/1326471475533029378?s=20

https://twitter.com/oldpicture1900/status/1322906465825292288?s=20

https://twitter.com/oldpicture1900/status/1322700612165791746?s=20

As for the indicative rating of the series, I think that if Apple TV's intention is to conquer the Asian market, the production of the series will opt for the more conservative version, without explicit scenes.

Let's wait...

Edited by Lucy2020
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Lucy2020 said:

As you yourself mentioned, I also saw on Twitter (LATAM), many fans furious with a k-drama that involved the adult / teen relationship. In this drama, there were also other sensitive themes (such as racism). It was a general hysteria asking to "CANCEL" the actor. He is considered an "A" actor. So far, some fans have refused to watch his new project.

Lol that show ultimately did not even have a Kiss scene till the very last episode. The racism and adult undertones in initial episodes a bit extreme there, which is what made that uncomfortable. I agree on that part.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Serene Tales said:

Can some one please translate the last part of this interview?

Thanks to etherealleegon for the translation.

15 hours ago, Serene Tales said:

The bed scene that he mentioned he had done in GB was that shirtless scene, right? I have absolutely no problem with such scenes. And I loved him in GB a lot. Of course that is one of his greatest works. I don’t want him to do scenes like Kim Rae Won has done in that movie.

I agree with what you said.

It is my understanding that his "bed scene" was that shirtless scene.

Both KRW and LMH acted mature contents in GB--one explicit and one not.

It's not a rule that mature contents must be explicit,

or that explicit contents are proof of versatile or great acting.

• Like 12

:blush:  finally I managed to crawl to this thread and did some back pedalling.

LMH knows best what he is capable of portraying and we hope this dark role of him in Pachinko will be

a big challenge from his other previous roles and as mentioned by @syntycheperhaps he would like to move out from his comfort zone.

I agreed with @Nikaa94 is out of our control , we are gathered here to give our Full support to LMH regardless if there is explicit sex/bed scene(s),.

:ok:

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Deleted my post today about adult scene.

Let’s not drag the adult scene conversation, it is out of our hands and we should trust Pachinko team and also fully support LMH Oppa. 

Chewing my lunch in break time and just wanted to say that @Nikaa94, you are a true wise and mature Minoz! LMH must be proud to have you as his fan! :thumbsup:

Yes we are all excited to welcome LMH as Hansu!! Cheering on LMH who is entering the next stage of his career as a global actor, fighting!!!

122412260_2411800725796211_2300589645863

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

Chewing my lunch in break time and just wanted to say that @Nikaa94, you are a true wise and mature Minoz! LMH must be proud to have you as his fan! :thumbsup:

Yes we are all excited to welcome LMH as Hansu!! Cheering on LMH who is entering the next stage of his career as a global actor, fighting!!!

awwww :highonflowers:  Thank you!! :heart1:

Yes, let’s cheer on him! Fighting!! 

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Excerpts from the Korean article:

Kakao and Apple TV are also driving drama production ... Will OTT topography change with a focus on Netflix?

Following Netflix and Wave, Kakao TV and Apple TV will also win and lose their own content. The industry is currently wondering if the internal OTT market represented by Netflix and Watcher will be reorganized with a focus on original content.

From Jung Woo and Oh Yeon Seo to Lee Min Ho and Yoon Yeo Jung ... Kakao and Apple are also competing for "production content".

o2076104214853348038.png?caw=800

In Korea, starting with Netflix and Wave, Kakao TV and Apple TV + now completely produce original content. Previously, dramas were only produced and broadcast via terrestrial and cable television, but now they are broadcast via OTT, the platform in hand. Each company has become a leader in the distribution of content, creating original TV series with famous stars...

Apple TV + has also started working on original content with Korean actors. "Pachinko," starring Yoon Yeo Jeong and Lee Min Ho, is an eight-part drama starring Japanese actors Anna Sawai, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami. When an overseas production group joined the film, it was also perceived as an overseas promotion of famous Korean actors. Yoon Yeo Jung has already been nominated for Outstanding Acting at the Gosum Awards, an American independent film award with the film Minari, and is gaining more and more attention from around the world.

The production and distribution of drama films, which have been dominated by terrestrial and cable broadcasting in Korea, are gradually shifting to mobile giants such as Netflix and Wave. This trend has intensified since Netflix released high-quality original TV series in collaboration with famous Korean actors, writers and directors 2-3 years ago...The Netflix offensive, spearheaded by large subscribers and solid capital, is expected to continue for now.

The domestic wave of OTT, which has been joined by three terrestrial companies and SKT, is also involved in the production of television series for terrestrial television and is constantly working to create original content...Therefore, it is expected that the perception of the OTT market entering into unrestricted competition will change.

google translation

http://m.newspim.com/news/view/20201118000845

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1