[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

LMH does have the ability to look different, just by changing his hairstyle, so it's possible.  I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't look odd for LMH to play two different characters.

It is a bit odd picturing the same actor as two different characters, especially since Hansu and Noa are father and son and have a relationship with each other.  In the first half LMH is Hansu with a young actor as Noa.  And in the second half Jung Woong-in is Hansu with LMH as Noa?  :o

• Like 7
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, 1ouise said:

It is a bit odd picturing the same actor as two different characters, especially since Hansu and Noa are father and son and have a relationship with each other.  In the first half LMH is Hansu with a young actor as Noa.  And in the second half Jung Woong-in is Hansu with LMH as Noa?  :o

This totally makes sense, because it would be weird to have the same actor playing different characters opposite in the same table.

But I would prefer for LMH to play everything... I mean: young Hansu, old Hansu and Noa... I know I am not realistic but i would like him to have a lot of screen time, like a real lot.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

This totally makes sense, because it would be weird to have the same actor playing different characters opposite in the same table.

But I would prefer for LMH to play everything... I mean: young Hansu, old Hansu and Noa... I know I am not realistic but i would like him to have a lot of screen time, like a real lot.

count me in “Tons of screen time for Lee Min Ho”,,,, 

I think we will get more screen time than expected if LMH is really going to play Noa too! I remember in the beginning some thought LMH would play Noa! I think LMH is going to make us cry a lot in second half (if he plays Noa)... 

Let’s wait till May lol :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

count me in “Tons of screen time for Lee Min Ho”,,,, 

I think we will get more screen time than expected if LMH is really going to play Noa too! I remember in the beginning some thought LMH would play Noa! I think LMH is going to make us cry a lot in second half (if he plays Noa)... 

Let’s wait till May lol

I like the "Tons of screen time for Lee Min Ho" team! 

:coolshades:

Let's see if he plays Noa and how the character is shown and the tone of the drama, because, for example, in the book we learn of Noa's ending because Hansu tells Sunja, but we don't see the scene of his ending. Maybe the showrunners decide to do something similar in the drama, maybe they decide on a more impactful setting. 

Everything is so secretive that I feel intrigued. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

51 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

I like the "Tons of screen time for Lee Min Ho" team!

Let's see if he plays Noa and how the character is shown and the tone of the drama, because, for example, in the book we learn of Noa's ending because Hansu tells Sunja, but we don't see the scene of his ending. Maybe the showrunners decide to do something similar in the drama, maybe they decide on a more impactful setting. 

Everything is so secretive that I feel intrigued. 

really?? The suicide scene isn’t described in the book? 

I think Americans like to show tragic scenes in their shows. if they do show a glimpse of Noa’s tragic decision, it will surely be impactful! 

i feel so intrigued too! 

When are we going to the first teaser?? :wut:  May isn’t super far from us,,, 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

really?? The suicide scene isn’t described in the book? 

I think Americans like to show tragic scenes in their shows. if they do show a glimpse of Noa’s tragic decision, it will surely be impactful! 

i feel so intrigued too! 

When are we going to the first teaser??   May isn’t super far from us,,, 

No, it is not. I don't want to make a lot of spoilers here so I won't go into a detailed explanation, but in the book is said what happened with Noa but the act itself is not shown. 

May is quickly coming our way... January has just gone and I didn't even realised it. Time in pandemic passes so slow sometimes and so quick other times. 

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Thank you backstreet boys fan - I am glad to be here.

I was looking at Min Jin Lee’s website and she is going a lot of engagements 

In the next month or so. They look like closed events but wouldn’t it be good to know if any of the audience ask her about the Apple series.

I wonder how involved she is with it- if at all.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

The actress is Japanese? Why would they choose a Japanese actress for old Sanju?

oh, maybe because Sanju learns Japanese by the time she has aged? The Japanese actress will speak Japanese,,,,???

Can we get confirmation of LMH playing Noa please :facepalm:  I wanna know!

• Blob 3

6 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

is it a sure thing? that site's name doesnt make me believe it. hollywood reporter said she will play naomi. and whats yoon yoo jung gonna play if she isnt old sunja?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Just now, lupeace said:

is it a sure thing? that site's name doesnt make me believe it. hollywood reporter said she will play naomi. and whats yoon yoo jung gonna play if she isnt old sunja?

I don’t know I saw this tweet and shared here, that’s why I was surprised! :idk:

Everything is a mystery to me :D 

Maybe YYJ is only the narrator?? And she is in Canada to film her other projects?? I don’t know what she is up to,,,

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Anna Sawai will play old Sunja

Oh No You Didnt GIF by happydog

I think they just made a typo in their article; however, Yoon Yeo-jung's role hasn't been clearly explained.  She hasn't been added to IMDb, but Anna Sawai has been added as Naomi.  What I read was "Actor Yoon Yeo-jung will be a main character of the drama Pachinko.source  She started filming November 13th.

Actress Yoon Yeo-jung appears as a female protagonist in the Apple TV Plus series 'Pachinko'.

On the 13th, the agency Hook Entertainment announced that Yoon Yeo-jung was cast in the role of Sunja, the protagonist of 'Pachinko', and joined the filming.

https://www.dailian.co.kr/news/view/936666/?sc=Naver

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

I don’t think YYJ is the main character! She also joined later, if she will be playing old Sanju, she can’t have so many scenes

It depends on the moment of Sunja's life where she takes over the role. I mean, in the book we see the whole life of Sunja, and I think this actress can portray here from 50-60s without so much complications. After all, Sunja's life is quite hard and that is an aging factor.

If she is playing the second part of Sunja's life, the time of filming matches.

Anyway, all of this is speculation... I am really intrigued with the adaptation of the book. Let's hope for some promotional photos soon, now that they are announcing the drama as part of 2021 catalogue.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1