[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

9 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Does anyone else on here already have apple tv+? 
We got our subscription free when we bought an apple product

and it was due to run out soon but I got an email today saying they were extending it free until July - which might just cover Pachinko. I guess they want to keep the numbers up.

I think this could be the role of his life (so far) and it bothers me how many 

people will actually see it as Apple TV is quite new. 

What does anyone else on here think?

I haven't Apple Tv but I saw news last week it is said Apple Tv extending free, because They don't want to lose subscribers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

Good to see you back @leeminhosny ! 

Looks like a few have left to CA.  I guess LMH must have left too?

I think he already gone

I searched Apple sales in Korea , and A article said (in November) "IPhone 12 sales estimated at 600,000 in S. Korea" Everyone knows Korean are obsessed big brands so I think Korea will have big subscribers for Apple Tv (I'm not sure I am right but I think like that) 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Yoon Yo Jong leaves for Canada to shoot Pachinko

spacer.png

Actress Yoon Yeo-jung has left for Canada to shoot the global video streaming service (OTT) Apple TV+ drama "Pachinko."

According to an industry source on the 29th, Yoon Yo-jung left for Canada to film Pachinko overseas.

"Pachinko" is based on a best-selling novel of the same name written by Korean-American Lee Min-jin, a global project produced by world-renowned cast members from Korea, Japan, and the United States and conducted in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English. Through the epic story of four generations of Korean immigrant families, it is a work that captures the story of an individual through history in eight episodes on a vast scale. Filming began in Korea in October last year and is set to shoot in Canada.

Yoon Yeo-jung, who plays the main character Seon-ja, started filming in November last year and left for Canada to continue filming.

Yoon Yeo-jung's departure from Canada is drawing more attention whether Yoon Yeo-jung will join the "Minari" Oscar race in the U.S. after filming "Pachinko.

Yoon Yo-jung is currently receiving enthusiastic responses in the U.S. for her role in "Minari." Yoon Yo-jung won 20 Best Supporting Actress awards in the United States, including Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Columbus, Greater Western New York, San Diego, Music City, San Francisco, St. Louis, North Texas, New Mexico, Kansas City, Discusing Film, New York Online, and the American Association of Filmmakers, Gold List, and Sunset Film Awards. 

In response, an official from Yoon Yeo-jung told Star News, "It has yet to be decided whether Yoon Yeo-jung will join the Oscar race."

Attention is focusing on whether Yoon Yeo-jung will join the Oscar race and share a glorious moment with "Minari."

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=108&aid=0002928592

• Like 4
  • Blob 5

10 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I think he already gone

I searched Apple sales in Korea , and A article said (in November) "IPhone 12 sales estimated at 600,000 in S. Korea" Everyone knows Korean are obsessed big brands so I think Korea will have big subscribers for Apple Tv (I'm not sure I am right but I think like that) 

Thank you for the info Leeminhosny . I hope you are right!- fingers crossed

• Like 6

They were born in Korean families but grew up breathing in completely different cultures. When I face the literature written by Korean writers, I feel familiar and unfamiliar. Unlike the similarities between names and appearances, the whole world is heterogeneous. Nevertheless, traces of Korean culture are revealed throughout the work. Let's take a look at the aspects of Korean writers who are proudly active in the world as immigrants.

spacer.png

Lee Min-jin | Korean writer who completed four major Korean-Japanese epic stories for 30 years

Her work, "Pachinko" (Lee Min-jin / Literary Thought / 2018), which begins with a powerful sentence, "History Ruined Us, But It Doesn't Matter," carefully recorded the history of four generations of Koreans living in Japan from the Japanese colonial period to the 1980s. She said her interest in Korean-Japanese began in 1989 while listening to a lecture by a missionary who met Korean-Japanese in Japan. After 30 years of planning and writing, she completed this work. It was selected as 'Book of the Year' by several media such as the 'New York Times' and 'BBC' and was nominated for the National Book Award in 2019. Apple TV has announced plans to produce a drama of the same name starring Yoon Yeo-jung and Lee Min-ho.

http://news.bookdb.co.kr/bdb/IssueStory.do?_method=detail&sc.webzNo=41030&Nnews

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Yeppudaa Minoz

Pachinko was ranked at #2 and #3 in the best-selling novels in the fourth week of Yes24 January."Up to last year, we sold 300 copies of one and two books a month, but this month alone, more than 8,000 copies were sold."

@leeminhosny  Many thanks for the info on Apple IPhone sales in SK and the increase in sales on Pachinko novels on Yes24 platform.   Since we are not allowed to re-quote, hence the copy-paste from your post above.

What can I say.... that's the power of Lee Min Ho

• Like 5

14 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I think he already gone

I think that you are correct @leeminhosny.  The same is true with the Japanese.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I think that you are correct @leeminhosny.  The same is true with the Japanese.  

I just found this article too (from 2 days ago) you can read link.

I have searched so many info for years thank to LMH :joy:(history, literature, math, geography, population etc. and now technology :joy:) And I really don't care technology. I never understand brand obsession. :joy:But this time Korea and Japan's brand obsession can work for LMH.I am a person who can live with a little requirement. I never want lux brand , they seem me so empty:joy:

https://9to5google.com/2021/01/28/apple-beat-samsung-in-smartphone-sales-for-q4-2020/

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I just found this article too (from 2 days ago) you can read link.

I have searched so many info for years thank to LMH :joy:(history, literature, math, geography, population etc. and now technology :joy:) And I really don't care technology. I never understand brand obsession. :joy:But this time Korea and Japan's brand obsession can work for LMH.I am a person who can live with a little requirement. I never want lux brand , they seem me so empty:joy:

https://9to5google.com/2021/01/28/apple-beat-samsung-in-smartphone-sales-for-q4-2020/

lol, that's funny.  I have an iphone only because my cell phone provider told me, when I bought my first smart phone, that Apple was easier to learn than an Android.  Mine is a couple years old, so I'm not one to run out to replace my current phone every time a new one is released.  Mine is the smallest size, so it fits in my hand lol.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

The novel “Pachinko 1·2” (literature thought) written by Korean-Americans based on Koreans in Japan was ranked second to third in the best-selling novels, poetry, and dramas in the fourth week of Yes24 January. Ranked 12th and 14th respectively in the overall bestsellers. This novel is written by Lee Min-jin (54), a writer of the 1.5th generation immigration to the United States. At the time of publication in 2017, he was nominated for the National Book Awards. The translation was published in 2018, but the response wasn't great, but the US Apple TV started to dramatize it, and the chart “reverse running” started. Literary History Director Jinsu Kim said on the 29th, "Up to last year, 300 copies of 1 and 2 volumes were sold per month, but more than 8,000 copies were sold this month." Asш there were articles stating that actors Yoon Yeo-jung, Lee Min-ho, and Jung Woong-in were cast, sales volume increased.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

lol, that's funny.  I have an iphone only because my cell phone provider told me, when I bought my first smart phone, that Apple was easier to learn than an Android.  Mine is a couple years old, so I'm not one to run out to replace my current phone every time a new one is released.  Mine is the smallest size, so it fits in my hand lol.  

I used my old laptop 7 years :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I used my old laptop 7 years :joy:

Same @leeminhosny    ... my laptop is 8 years :D
but my cellphone is younger though , around 3 to 4 years

Thanks for the Apple article.  I am surprised.  I thought Samsung was doing well.
Not that I am against Apple brand, I have to use Samsung cos the whole family network all using K-brand.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Same @leeminhosny    ... my laptop is 8 years :D
but my cellphone is younger though , around 3 to 4 years

Thanks for the Apple article.  I am surprised.  I thought Samsung was doing well.
Not that I am against Apple brand, I have to use Samsung cos the whole family network all using K-brand.

Screen got dark so I should give up it :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Well, I'd better don't say much about mine LOL
Lately Min Ho has been doing dark-themed or night-themed movie-logs and also his recent Fendi /GQ ads were in colours or dark hue
Can be quite taxing on the eyes :D

Time to get a new lappy @leeminhosny  - with that , you can do much more in speedy mode too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

Time to get a new lappy @leeminhosny  - with that , you can do much more in speedy mode too

there are thousand of LMH gifs, pics, files etc. on my laptop and files are complexly exactly , I can't arrange them . I don't like change anything in my life  easly.I am so stabile in everything I am also stabile on LMH I can't change him too :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

thank you for the info. korea seems excited for pachinko series

im your hobea/junior @leeminhosny @Min2206 because i had the same phone for 5years now  for the same reason as you. im not ready to change it yet

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, lupeace said:

thank you for the info. korea seems excited for pachinko series

im your hobea/junior @leeminhosny @Min2206 because i had the same phone for 5years now  for the same reason as you. im not ready to change it yet

Too many to transfer .. too complicated as well

He ranked no 1st on my gallery in my phone as well as my laptop , you know .. .. (before Pachinko :D
Otokke @leeminhosny @lupeace   Need to get more storage space!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2