[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

25 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

"Sunja had the opportunity to observe him up close without distractions.  She could even smell the mentholated pomade in his neatly combed black hair."

"More black than brown, his dark eyes absorbed light like a long tunnel, and when he looked at her, she felt and uncomfortable sensation in her stomach."

Of course, Minho's EYES!!!

This is beautiful but PD isn't American? I am not sure a American PD can reflect to love scene well:lol: If it is common Kdrama this scene can be so beautiful 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

This is beautiful but PD isn't American? I am not sure a American PD can reflect to love scene well:lol: If it is common Kdrama this scene can be so beautiful 

The PD is korean American. I wonder how he will bring this to life because he is known for “the terror” which is an amc drama. It’s quite popular 

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

Security would surely be tight. When TKEM started filming, we only got one blurry photo of LMH. And with the pledge of confidentiality for the auditions of Pachinko, we'll definitely be lucky if we could get even a short glimpse/blurry photo of LMH and the cast. But anyway, aren't we glad his participation in this drama is finally confirmed?

:sparklyeyes:    

Hello @CarolynH @Heretorant @backstreetboysfan!

• Like 10
  • Wiggle 3

15 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Security would surely be tight. When TKEM started filming, we only got one blurry photo of LMH. And with the pledge of confidentiality for the auditions of Pachinko, we'll definitely be lucky if we could get even a short glimpse/blurry photo of LMH and the cast. But anyway, aren't we glad his participation in this drama is finally confirmed?   

This isn't real , look like dream, he will start just after 4 months hahahaha I can't believe still :fiercebunny:

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

I have been wiggling since the moment I read it! 

:2540_meh:

—————————————

Regarding spoilers, I hope we don’t get any. I want it to be top secret shooting. But maybe one photo of how he’ll look won’t hurt :lol:

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 8

Lee Min Ho Set To Make Hollywood Debut With Apple’s New Series “Pachinko”

Lee Min Ho is heading to Hollywood.

sZRYM4lIzyAxSMdgI454UpTWLVRwYTPEPjWYJtKd

Lee Min Ho has been confirmed to make his Hollywood debut with Apple’s new drama series Pachinko.

gqPLMSMnQt0OvzoBrel1iM3I_xkz7ZGuqO8KLU_x

According to Apple’s announcement via Variety, Lee Min Ho has been confirmed as one of the lead roles in Apple’s trilingual series Pachinko. The drama will be told in English, Korean, and Japanese.

Pachinko is a drama series that is based off the novel of the same name by Lee Min Jin. It chronicles the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family. The story begins with a forbidden love and moves into a saga that journeys between Korea, Japan and America to tell the story of war and peace, love and loss, triumph and reckoning.

OPRi3i-fTqGdL7UJbTl5v86BhEBG81kBTJYYTZht

Lee Min Ho will play the role of Hansu, who is described as an enigmatic outsider and merchant with ties to organized crime who embarks on an illicit romance with far-reaching consequences.

Other members of the cast include Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, and Kaho Minami. Currently, no broadcast date has been announced.

Spoiler

B4cddKazcIMpo-n2Egoxz-SFbYThJAjNMv8xABk4

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/lee-min-ho-set-make-hollywood-debut-apples-new-series-pachinko/

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• syntyche changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021 on Apple TV+] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami

Lee Min-ho confirmed to appear on Apple TV'Pachinko'... Targeting homes around the world

optimize

Reporter Ahn Tae-hyun = Actor Lee Min-ho returns with the global video streaming service (OTT) Apple TV Plus drama'Pachinko'.

On the 23rd, the agency MYM Entertainment said, "Apple TV Plus in the United States officially produced the drama'Pachinko' and put the name of actor Lee Min-ho on the first line of the casting board."

'Pachinko' is a work based on the best-selling novel of the same name written by the Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin.

'Pachinko' is scheduled to contain the story of an individual through history through the epic narrative of a Korean immigrant family for four generations, in a total of eight parts with a vast scale and deep brushstroke. It is a global masterpiece cast by Japanese and American actors, including Korea, and is planning to shoot in Canada starting with All Location in Korea on the 26th of this month.

In the play, Lee Min-ho plays Hansoo, a merchant who has built up wealth and power through a relationship with Yakuza. He is an opportunist faithful to his own desires, or a mysterious character who seeks to be pure in front of love and pursues taboo love while keeping secrets, playing an important role in the context of the story.

On the other hand,'Pachinko' is produced by the production company Media Reds, and participates as a general production and showrunner with the main author Sue Hyuk, the author of'The Terror' and'The Killing'.

<Copyright © News1 Korea>

https://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2020102310508245789

Here is a page that contains footnotes for 10 Korean articles about Lee Min Ho and his new film:

https://m.entertain.naver.com//cluster/enter_202010231040_00000004

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Heilo said:

We need background check on his co-stars and can someone do that and share it with us

Yes this is what we need who is gonna volunteer? I am thinking @Nikaa94 or @syntyche perhaps @JoannaID or @Aleumdaun

I am thinking more like a quick info search on some of their previous works so that we can get an inside look

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

hello everyone. thank you for creating this thread @syntyche. can't wait for the first stills and teaser.

i too wonder how lmh hairstyle will be and his looks in general.

im thinking of watching the terror to figure out how good is the director. i believe that the director is the most important thing in a project. anyone here watched it? is it good?

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

37 minutes ago, Ilmo yens said:

Yes this is what we need who is gonna volunteer? I am thinking @Nikaa94 or @syntyche perhaps @JoannaID or @Aleumdaun

I am thinking more like a quick info search on some of their previous works so that we can get an inside look

I'm still busy collecting hearts and voting on the stupid AAA competition, can't let our boy drop bellow number 3, lol.

But here's some background information about Jin Ha, one of the co-stars who will play Solomon for Pachinko, since his name was mentioned together with LMH, I guess, he will play an important role.

310?cb=20191006012816

Jin Ha was born in Seoul, South Korea and raised in Hong Kong and USA. He graduated from Columbia University, majoring in East Asian Languages and Cultures. He also is a proud alumnus of NYU Tisch Graduate Acting. He speaks Korean, Mandarin and Spanish and plays the violin. 

Jin Ha is known for Devs (2020) and Hot Air (2018).

He starred as Aaron Burr in the Chicago company of Hamilton: An American Musical and as Annas in the Grammy®-nominated, Emmy® award-winning production of Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert on NBC (2018).

He also originated the role of Song Liling in the first Broadway revival of David Henry Hwang’s M. Butterfly, directed by Julie Taymor.

Source: https://devs-fx.fandom.com/wiki/Jin_Ha

And here's some information about Anna Sawai who will play Naomi.

MV5BNGM5NGQ4OTItY2RiYS00ZDZkLWIxZTItNmUz

Anna Sawai (澤井杏奈, Sawai Anna, born June 11, 1992) is a Japanese–New Zealand actress, dancer and singer. She began her film career in 2009 in a supporting role in the martial arts film Ninja Assassin, and debuted as a professional singer in 2013 as one of the lead vocalists in the J-pop girl group FAKY, singing in both Japanese and English. She will co-star in Justin Lin's upcoming Fast & Furious sequel, F9.

In 2004, shortly after moving to Japan, Sawai was chosen out of 10,000 applicants to play the title role in the stage musical Annie.

Sawai made her professional film debut in the 2009 Warner Bros. film Ninja Assassin,[3] directed by James McTigue, playing the rebellious teenage female ninja Kiriko who is executed for attempting to escape the Ozunu ninja clan.

In 2013, Sawai's work as a professional singer began with the dance/R&B group FAKY. She performed as one of the group's lead vocalists until her final show with the group on December 20, 2018. Her departure from the group was announced via FAKY's social media, citing her dream of pursuing her acting career.

In 2019, Sawai co-starred in the BBC crime drama Giri/Haji and joined the cast of the upcoming 2021 action film F9, directed by Justin Lin.

In November 2019, it was announced that Sawai was signed by major U.S. talent agency WME.[10] In October 2020, Sawai was announced as a savvy career woman Naomi in Apple's upcoming series Pachinko, based on the novel by Min Jin Lee.

Sawai grew up in Hong Kong and the Philippines, and moved to Japan at the age of 10. During her childhood, she was influenced by her father to listen to The Beatles and The Carpenters.

Source: Wikipedia

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

30 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

I'm still busy collecting hearts and voting on the stupid AAA competition, can't let our boy drop bellow number 3, lol.

Hi @JoannaID  Same here on that AAA apps , keep having to refresh / restart so that can roll the hearts from the videos.  How come JCW can go top so suddenly?  BTW, the strategy keeps changing.  Thanks for the info on Jin Ha and Anna Sawai.   :)

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1