[Drama 2021] Dark Hole, 다크홀

larus

Ahn Eun-jin's special appearance in'Dark Hole' expands the OCN worldview.

She will appear as Stranger from Hell's So Jung Hwa.

image_readtop_2021_413069_16196616364628

In the still cut released along with this, the image of Sohn Jeong-hwa, who became a detective, was captured. Unlike the days of'Others are Hell', when he was appointed as a first-time cop, the detective's relaxed feelings with'Chamba' buried in it are a new feeling.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/04/413069/

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: Dark Hole, Bossam: Steal the Fate

by missvictrix

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/premwatch_darkhole1.jpg

Dramas, incoming! This week we have the latest from OCN (who am I kidding, it’s Lee Jun-hyuk we care about), and a new sageuk starring Jung Il-woo. Very different genres, very big question marks — which dramas (or actors) will you be tuning in for?

Dark Hole

premwatch_darkhole2.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: OCN
Genre: Horror, thriller
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: OCN’s thriller Dark Hole tells the story of a mysterious sinkhole whose noxious gases start to mutate the human population. That’s quite a logline, Show! Well, if one thing is certain, it’s that this post-apocalyptic thriller has definitely found the right broadcaster — and I would even say the right writer. Jung Yi-do previously brought us creepy and intense fare like Save Me and Hell is Other People, so I’m pretty convinced this will be more scary and compelling than it will be campy. Also, the cast is really refreshing. We’ve got Kim Ok-bin playing a righteous detective who believes in the human spirit, and Lee Jun-hyuk as a controversial reporter who might just be our hero and our comic relief in one (because I’m ready for that!).

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/04/premiere-watch-dark-hole-bossam-steal-the-fate/

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Dark Hole, 다크홀 - Sat & Sun @ 22:50 KST - Kim Ok Bin & Lee Joon Hyuk

“Dark Hole” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “Taxi Driver” Sets New Personal Record

92ef3d34dc0c4e18b152741b7372dab6.jpeg?s=

May 1, 2021
by E. Cha

OCN’s new drama “Dark Hole” is off to a promising start!

Starring Lee Joon Hyuk and Kim Ok Bin, “Dark Hole” is a sci-fi thriller about a group of survivors fighting for their lives against mutant humans who turn into violent monsters after breathing in the dark smoke from a mysterious sinkhole.

On April 30, the new drama—which airs jointly on tvN and OCN—premiered to a positive response from viewers. According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “Dark Hole” scored a combined average nationwide rating of 2.9 percent across both channels.

The drama also took first place in its time slot across all cable channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 2.1 percent and a peak of 2.9 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466875wpp/dark-hole-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-as-taxi-driver-sets-new-personal-record

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Susu said:

I don't like Zombie drama's but this one got my attention so far. Mystery with bit of a zombie. 

Same here! The first 2 episodes were really intriguing, and at times suspenseful and gory....kind of reminds me of The waking dead. Loving the leads chemistry as well:twerk2:

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2

Dark Hall' Kim Ok-bin x Lee Jun-hyuk, the strongest combination of genre

image_readtop_2021_428629_16200863564633

Hwaseon (played by Kim Ok-bin) exudes cold charisma with a trench coat that gives the feeling of a wild detective with a short cut that shows a calm and rational personality. She is chasing the serial killer Lee Soo-yeon, who killed his only family member, Kang Seong-beom (played by Heo Hyeong-gyu), but the purpose was "not personal revenge, but a sense of responsibility as a detective." The decision not to give any more victims to the psychopath who enjoys the victim's painful dying after being paralyzed by injecting drugs was the point that imprinted on viewers that Hwa-seon was an extraordinary detective.

Rekka Knight Yoo Tae-han (played by Lee Jun-hyuk) was different from his first appearance. The red-colored jacket and protruding hairstyle, which cannot be easily found anywhere, showed his unique personality. Although the ‘fast’ is the life of the Lekka driver, he obeys the traffic laws and is just enough to rescue the victim without hesitation in a lit accident vehicle. However, the geek beauty revealed in an unexpected situation added a unique charm. A scene in which Hwaseon, who lost his temper while his eyes turned black, was hit without hesitation, and then asked if Hwaseon, who once lost his temper and regained his senses, with his mouth, but his body is preparing to attack in case of an emergency. Also showed special anti-war fun.
Their true face shined even more in a disaster situation. The two of them actively helped others while the ignorance people were fleeing from the mutant humans. There have also been several situations in which life was in jeopardy, but thye didn't care at all. On the contrary, they felt guilty for not being able to save Kim Bo-eun (played by Yoon Seul) and Nam Young-sik, who were ignoring nurses who had stopped the mutant humans with all their might. Although it looks rough on the outside, viewers fell into two more humane than anyone else.
(Google translate)

Lee Jun-hyuk reveals the behind-the-scenes
PS21050300151.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dark Hole: Episodes 1-2 (Review)

by missvictrix

DarkHole0102_1.jpg

Ready to jump into a Dark Hole? OCN’s latest thriller is just that, in all senses of the word. It’s creepy, it’s confusing, it’s full of characters and their demons, and you feel like you’ve been pushed into something you don’t understand. Thank goodness for Lee Jun-hyuk, his shotgun, and the energy he brings to the screen. He makes the darkness (and the plot chaos) worth it.

Note: This is an opening week review only.

EPISODES 1-2 REVIEW

DarkHole0102_2.jpg

If ever there was a premiere week that seemed to start five different dramas simultaneously, it was Dark Hole. They weave together eventually, but to start, it’s a lot to piece together.

Take some supernatural elements, some horror, several murders, a disjointed storyline with time jumps, a team of cops, a shaman, a bullied teen, a lone reporter — oh and a serial killer, too — and you have yourself the premiere week of Dark Hole. Let’s jump in, shall we?

We first meet our hero and heroine in the thick of it: there’s a creepily lit furnace room of sorts, a diabolical snake-like monster, and a fight for their lives. But the real story begins before all of this, so we take a step back in time and meet each of our characters before the apocalyptic chaos.

Our heroine is LEE HWA-SUN (Kim Ok-bin), a strong and resolute detective who’s also deep in grief. Her husband was murdered by what seems like a young woman that he was trying to mentor. And not only that, but the murderer also happens to be a psychopath killer who plays games with her victims, and even after the crime, toys with the family left behind (viz., Hwa-sun).

As with most OCN dramas, Dark Hole is darkish, moody, and stylized. It works particularly well for parts of the storytelling here, though — like when we see Hwa-sun come home from work to her husband cooking dinner, and then the scene darkens, he disappears, and she’s alone in her grief.

DarkHole0102_4.jpg

Hwa-sun’s story is the main backdrop, but we also meet our hero early on, though we learn less about him. He’s YOO TAE-HAN (Lee Jun-hyuk) and it’s hard not to love what we see. He’s fearless, funny, and also really heroic. In a strong scene of early exposition, he races against the clock to save a woman from an about-to-torch car. Admittedly, it’s hard for me not to love a performance by Lee Jun-hyuk, but I really like him here as this rather quintessential action hero that’s hard not to wish you had in your corner.

Tae-han is something of a freelance investigative journalist, and he seems to also have a nose for trouble, which is kind of how he winds up meeting Hwa-sun. His friend and business partner is one of the first victims of the strange event that’s lurking in a nearby forest, and he meets our heroine under creepy circumstances.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/dark-hole-episodes-1-2-review/

• Like 3

Watch: Kim Ok Bin, Lee Joon Hyuk, And More Have A Lot Of Fun Filming Dark And Scary Scenes For “Dark Hole”

79d4a82d0f8b4368bc9d64f699521ac1.jpeg?s=

May 7, 2021
by C. Hong

OCN’s “Dark Hole” might be a terrifying drama about survival, mutants, and serial killers, but the cast are having a lot of fun behind the scenes!

“Dark Hole” is a mutant survival drama about a group of survivors who fight for their lives against mutant humans created after breathing in the dark smoke from a mysterious sinkhole. Lee Joon Hyuk stars as Yoo Tae Han, a native of the town of Mu Ji, where the sinkhole emerges. Kim Ok Bin stars as Lee Hwa Sun, a police detective from Seoul who comes to Mu Ji in search of her husband’s killer.

In a behind-the-scenes video from episode 2, all the cast members, from lead actors Kim Ok Bin and Lee Joon Hyuk to supporting actors who show the drama characters’ fight for survival as humans begin to transform into mutants, have fun filming difficult scenes of action, being chased through the forest, stunt driving, and exorcism.

In the drama, Kim Ok Bin’s character suffers from hallucinations of a mysterious masked serial killer who murdered her husband. In real life, Kim Ok Bin and the masked actress laugh and embrace each other and Kim Ok Bin exclaims at how cute the mask appears. Lee Joon Hyuk races to the scene with a bright smile, but he and Kim Ok Bin soon focus on the action scene as he wrestles the gun away from her.

Tak Jae Hoon, who made a cameo in the drama, and Im Won Hee prove themselves the masters of ad-libbing scenes. Even when the door, which is supposed to be firmly shut against a horde of mutants, accidentally comes loose, the two actors don’t lose their cool and continue filming the scene as if it was natural. Later, the director gets so absorbed in Im Won Hee’s ad-libs that he forgot the timing to signal Tak Jae Hoon to enter the scene.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1467804wpp/watch-kim-ok-bin-lee-joon-hyuk-and-more-have-a-lot-of-fun-filming-dark-and-scary-scenes-for-dark-hole

Former PRISTIN Member Xiyeon Joins Lee Joon Hyuk And Kim Ok Bin In New Drama “Dark Hole”

6805af3afc944973935a9824b37df699.jpeg?s=

May 7, 2021
by E. Cha

Former PRISTIN member Xiyeon has joined the cast of OCN’s new drama “Dark Hole”!

On May 7, Soo Yeon Kang Entertainment officially announced, “Park Xiyeon will be appearing in OCN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama ‘Dark Hole’ starting from Episode 3.”

“Dark Hole” is a sci-fi thriller about a group of survivors fighting for their lives against mutant humans who turn into violent monsters after breathing in the dark smoke from a mysterious sinkhole. The new drama, which airs jointly on OCN and tvN, stars Lee Joon Hyuk and Kim Ok Bin.

According to her agency, Xiyeon will be playing the role of a high school student who winds up in a fierce battle to survive while attempting to avoid the mutant humans who have taken over the city.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467816wpp/former-pristin-member-xiyeon-joins-lee-joon-hyuk-and-kim-ok-bin-in-new-drama-dark-hole

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Dark Hole, 다크홀 -Fri & Sat @ 22:50 KST - Kim Ok Bin & Lee Joon Hyuk

'Dark Hole' unveiled a still cut of the crisis of Kim Ok-bin and Lee Jun-hyuk, foretelling the "blood fight between the two".

22M9O7PSK2_1.jpg

The production crew said, "As the survival of humans has just come to an end, Hwaseon and Taehan continue to struggle," and said, "Please watch with the heart of support for the fierce survival of those who will be in earnest."

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/22M9O7PSK2

• Blob 1

I like this drama. Despite the zombies, there are underlying relationships being built. They need to build trust, confidence, discernment, camaraderie. They need to trust and rely on other people in order to survive. Pseudo-leaders are easily outed and persons with leadership potential just spring forth, bringing with them a sense of purpose and determination. In turn, they elicit trust. The leads have this innate sense of responsibility. The ML, with his deeply penetrating gaze, can see details and process them immediately, so he can come up with solutions quickly.

Good drama. Most people do not see the other side of the storytelling. They only see the gory scenes and decide they do not want to watch it. While it's true that you watch a show to be entertained, you should also look at the lessons and information you can learn. Of course, we have to be realistic too, and accept that there are some stories that are bleh.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Watch: Cast And Staff Of “Dark Hole” Can’t Stop Flattering Each Other On Set

99b15d2fc2cb4143a4cac596716918af.jpeg?s=

May 10, 2021
by S. Nam

OCN’s “Dark Hole” released a new behind-the-scenes video!

“Dark Hole” is a drama about a group of survivors who fight for their lives against mutant humans created from the dark smoke from a mysterious sinkhole. Lee Joon Hyuk stars as Yoo Tae Han, a native of the town of Mu Ji, where the sinkhole emerges. Kim Ok Bin stars as Lee Hwa Sun, a police detective from Seoul who comes to Mu Ji in search of her husband’s killer.

The making-of video begins with one of the staff members adorably telling Kim Ok Bin a story. She shares, “Did you know? Someone said to fold your hands if you like Ok Bin, and the world folded itself in half. What are you going to do about that?” Kim Ok Bin laughs, pleased by the compliment.

Later, the staff continues to tell another tall tale. She explains, “We went to the museum together and wanted to steal something because it was so pretty. However, you pretended to be a statue, so I was the only one who got caught.” Kim Ok Bin replies, “My pride is hurt. I don’t want to laugh. You’re saying that I’m a sculpture. That was weak.” The staff promises to prepare an even greater tale for next time, and Kim Ok Bin sweetly agrees that she’ll look forward to it.

The actors joke around on set that Jung Hae Kyun had a great increase in social status since his performance in OCN’s “Save Me” because he used to be a simple believer but is now a religious sect leader in “Dark Hole.”

Im Won Hee talks about his prop helmet. He shares, “Everyone has told me I’m cute, so I’m very satisfied. I think the helmet is doing half the work.” Lee Joon Hyuk shares that he and Im Won Hee already have great chemistry because they sat in the waiting room together for a long time for the film “Along with the Gods.” Im Won Hee wonders, “Are we praising ourselves too much? It won’t do if we get along so well from the start,” and he doesn’t forget to also compliment Jo Ji Ahn.

Child actress Lee Ye Bit shares that she’s having fun filming with Kim Ok Bin and that the actress treats her well. She also nods when asked if the director complimented her. Furthermore, Kim Do Hoon shares that Kim Ok Bin’s strength was very impressive when she grabbed his arm during an action scene. He adds, “She was so cool.” Finally, Lee Joon Hyuk can’t stop laughing while filming, making everyone on set also laugh along with him.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1468272wpp/watch-cast-and-staff-of-dark-hole-cant-stop-flattering-each-other-on-set

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, cherriesblue said:

Who is the murderer that killed the nurse that the ex detective male lead was asking the police officer to look for? since he said the officer a knack for looking for them. 

Which murdered nurse was he referring to?

@cherriesblue  At first I  suspected  Yoon Saet Beol. Why??? Because Han Ji- Soo never saw her before. But after what happened in episode 6 , I am doubting it.  I also suspected Han Dong-Rim because of the red string bracelet but from Flashback about her dad’s death, the picture from the picture on the phone was similar . 
I wonder where did they get the bracelet from . 

Now I have no idea at all. We do know the killer has hair is black. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862098009ba57c0b53b8

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862098009ba57c0b53b8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@cherriesblue  At first I  suspected  Yoon Saet Beol. Why??? Because Han Ji- Soo never saw her before. But after what happened in episode 6 , I am doubting it.  I also suspected Han Dong-Rim because of the red string bracelet but from Flashback about her dad’s death, the picture from the picture on the phone was similar . 
I wonder where did they get the bracelet from . 

Now I have no idea at all. We do know the killer has hair is black. 

I suspect that it could be the doctor? she has some strange vibes on her own- keeping one of the mutant locked up. But im not also sure why Yoon Saet Beol would want to steal propofol? Anyway we reached the mid way mark and looks like the survivors need to converge and tackle this dark hole/ alien being...

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

The story at first was intriguing, but it's now boring. Nothing much is happening, just hide and seek. They hide, the mutants seek. What is happening outside the hospital and the school?

So there is a creature hiding behind the black smoke. But there's also another killer, the woman who is torturing the detective by calling her and asking her to come to Muji. The woman, who puts a white sack on the heads of the people she kills. She knows how to use the needle and what to put in the syringe, so she could be a nurse or a doctor.

What is the role of the shaman? Is she controlling the smoke, the mutants and the creature? Or she worshiping another creature?

When did the sinkhole appear? What's the story behind it and that greedy landowner?

It's the first time an OCN drama fells disappointing.

• Like 3