[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

3 hours ago, shinkeru said:

InSso reaction is gold :D

really wonder what PD nim saw in them, feel like he is match-making two very wonderful people!

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote Tweets that contain images, gifs or videos. Thanks!
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, yeli said:

I was like really, PD nim instruct them to ppoppo?:joy: They should have followed his instruction though

Ikr?! It’s heartwarming to see how PD nim likes to tease them :lol: I saw someone count that there were about 9 kissing scenes and 2 back hugs. I think some of them were added impromptu. 

14 minutes ago, sanghyuk said:

really wonder what PD nim saw in them, feel like he is a match-making two very wonderful people!

Agree! He’s number one shipper hahah. I do think he really likes them both. And they do have great chemistry onscreen plus they get along so well on set. The teasing and bickering between them also :joy:

Someone commented that PD Yoon was going to cast In Woo to play King Yeongyang (I think this was before the scandal). But then, he was cast as On Dal instead and well, the rest, as they say, is history. Everything just fell into place at the right time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shinkeru said:

Ikr?! It’s heartwarming to see how PD nim likes to tease them :lol: I saw someone count that there were about 9 kissing scenes and 2 back hugs. I think some of them were added impromptu. 

He must really believe Inwoo is a trustworthy person to do that many intimate scenes with Sso. I personally think it’s awful that some directors put those scenes for no reason just to increase ratings. I think he really took good care of Sso and make sure she works with someone respectful in acting out these scenes. InSso has great chemistry and they seemed feel very comfortable with each other, and I am happy that they did a marvelous job in portraying the love of ondal and gajin!

• Like 6

I just finished the last episode.  

The two of them are happy and they can live a peaceful life.  :yay:

Although I have to admit that it would be interesting if the ending was different.

The princess is finally on the throne and rules the country with the help of General Dal.  

• Like 3

@shinkeru thanks for all the updates and info! Sure it will be difficult to get them together for interview, especially NIW. Think he has 2 projects coming up and the latest is RWTMR Yoon PD would like to work with him again in the fall on a drama based on a webtoon. 
I am only looking fwd to the day that they receive baeksang, though I think the best female actress might go to another actress.

keep us posted when they will air the NIW version of RWTMR! Want to rewatch the drama with him in it!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, sanghyuk said:

keep us posted when they will air the NIW version of RWTMR! Want to rewatch the drama with him in it!

i hope will soon be on viki...maybe netflix will buy it too...thanks @shinkeru...waiting for your updates...i'll also post if i find something new...

• Like 4

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

Lee Ji Hoon Opens Up About The Reshoots On “River Where The Moon Rises”

Lee Ji Hoon Opens Up About The Reshoots On “River Where The Moon Rises”

On April 23, Lee Ji Hoon participated in an interview with Xportsnews about his drama “River Where the Moon Rises,” which aired its final episode earlier this week.

In “River Where the Moon Rises,” Lee Ji Hoon played Go Geon, the son of Go Won Pyo, the Gyeru Tribe’s Gochuga (Lee Hae Young), who was in conflict with Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun). The male lead, On Dal, was originally played by Ji Soo, but the actor was replacedpartway through the drama by Na In Woo after accusations of school violence.

In the interview, Lee Ji Hoon spoke frankly about the reshoots required for the drama after the casting change. Na In Woo appeared in the drama starting in episode 7, but episodes 1-6 were reshot to replace the existing footage of Ji Soo. In order to reduce the burden on the production staff, several cast members, including Lee Ji Hoon, offered not to receive payment for the reshoots.

Lee Ji Hoon said, “When the news first broke, I wasn’t on set because I was on break that day. I heard about it through a phone call. The director is very vigorous and he has strong ‘boss’ tendencies. Since we had to start filming right away, there was no time to think about anything else. In Na In Woo’s case, I read somewhere that he had only one day to prepare, but he ended up filming 40 scenes per day. I didn’t have time to think about anything. He’s younger and more junior than me, so I needed to take responsibility as well instead of thinking too much.”

He said that his role in the reshoots was small compared to other cast members. “You could say that Kim So Hyun shot two dramas within five months,” he said. “She’s the one who participated in the most reshoots. I filmed all my reshoots within three days, so I was fine, but So Hyun and In Woo had to film reshoots for about a month.”

About the news that he had offered not to receive payment for the reshoots, he said, “I had no idea that the articles had come out, so my friends were contacting me like, ‘Why aren’t you getting paid?’ My agency believed that this wasn’t the time to discuss payments for reshoots when our drama’s life was on the line, and the cast and crew were struggling on set, so I think that’s why the articles came out like that. There’s a close friend of mine who is also in this drama, but he doesn’t have an agency and is going it alone. When those articles came out, I felt very apologetic toward him. I just want to focus on acting.”

Lee Ji Hoon shared that he struggled with Go Geon’s complex emotions as he teams up with Hae Mo Yong despite having lingering feelings for Pyeonggang, his first love. “It was really difficult to play him,” he said. “It’s easy to analyze and express a character if his relationships are clearly indicated, but Go Geon was always in the middle. The writer told me from the start that he’s an appealing character, but one that’s difficult to express and act.”

At the end of the drama, Go Geon meets a tragic end after speaking the words “I loved you,” leaving it ambiguous as to whether he was thinking of Hae Mo Yong or Pyeonggang. Lee Ji Hoon said, “I think the one person who was in his mind until his death was Pyeonggang. He had no ambition for power, he just wanted to win her heart, but since that didn’t work out, his life took the turn that it did. It’s not so much that he sought out Hae Mo Yong because he was rejected by Pyeonggang, but that Hae Mo Yong understood what he felt as he looked at Pyeonggang.”

He shared that he had discussed the last line with the writer and with Choi Yu Hwa, who played Hae Mo Yong. “I asked her which she thought would be better for her character to hear: ‘You were my mirror, so live well’ or ‘I loved you.’ She thought that ‘I loved you’ was better. I realized that Go Geon would have been better if he had heard some warm words from Pyeonggang as well.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465731wpp/lee-ji-hoon-opens-up-about-the-reshoots-on-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4

Everyone’s waiting.....

I’ve seen one streaming site (Singapore based) post the updated trailer with NIW on YT, so it’s probably just a little more waiting, hopefully. :foodie2:
I have also submitted a request on Netflix’s title request so I hope they will pick it up too. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shinkeru said:

I have also submitted a request on Netflix’s title request so I hope they will pick it up too. 

YOU DID?AWESOME I HOPE THEY WILL...

1 hour ago, shinkeru said:

After his hug with Ga Jin, he was head over heels 

I AGREE!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shinkeru said:

I would echo this writer’s sentiment, they both deserve all the awards for their phenomenal performance in this drama.

So true...i loved the article ...thanks...i hope to watch more delete scenes+ i can't wait ep 1-6 on viki ...i hope netflix will buy this drama too...

• Like 2