[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

VC shared official trailer :))

11 Upcoming K-Drama Premieres That Will Heat Up Your February

11 Upcoming K-Drama Premieres That Will Heat Up Your February

Many top actors and rising stars are gracing the small screen with new dramas this month!

Here are the K-drama premieres to look forward to in February:

River Where the Moon Rises

river-where-the-moon-rises5.jpg

Cast: Kim So HyunJi SooLee Ji HoonChoi Yoo HwaKang Ha NeulKim Bup RaeWang Bit NaLee Hae YoungHwang Young HeeHan Jae YeongSeo Dong HyunHeo Jung EunPark Min SangOh Ah RinPark Sang Hoon, etc.

Premiere Date: February 15

Broadcast Details: Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. KST on KBS2

“River Where the Moon Rises” retells the love story between Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Ji Soo), who are characters in a classic Goguryeo folktale. Pyeonggang, also known as Yeom Ga Jin, is an ambitious woman who dreams of becoming the first female to lead Goguryeo, and she uses On Dal’s feelings for her to achieve her goals. Choi Yoo Hwa will play Hae Mo Yong, a beautiful and powerful woman, determined to control Goguryeo, and Lee Ji Hoon will star as Go Geon, the top elite general of Goguryeo.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451094wpp/11-upcoming-k-drama-premieres-that-will-heat-up-your-february

The drama is trendin on Naver now

Number 1

Resim

cr:_happines_J

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, laivla said:

Is it really 40 episodes?  Actually, I love the teaser. Hope it will be exceed my expectation.  There must be a lot of riddle in the story, so there will be more substance to be discussed.

It’s 20 episodes but for advertising purposes they split each episode into two episodes, so that’s why it says 40 episodes :) 

im very excited as well :glasses:

5 hours ago, yeli said:

they are still casting?:sweat_smile:

It’s normal for dramas to announce casting news late although they were cast in the drama long, long time ago. Idk why they do that but maybe to help promote rookies and non-famous actors :lol:

• Like 4

River Where the Moon Rises starring Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo

Just after Valentine's day, River Where the Moon Rises will premiere exclusively on Viu with lead actors Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo.

The highly anticipated Korean period romance drama series is adapted from a Korean folktale recorded in The History of the Three Kingdoms and based on Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and her General, On Dal (Ji Soo). 

The series features Kim So Hyun, who is well-known among K-drama fans for her varied roles in everything from historical dramas to rom-coms. Kim began her career as a child actress in 2006 and initially gained fame for playing a villainous young queen-to-be in Moon Embracing the Sun. Subsequently, she took on leading roles in hit dramas such as Who Are You: School 2015, The Emperor: Owner of the Mask and even won the Excellence Award at the 2019 KBS Drama Awards for her portrayal of a clumsy, yet hottempered courtesan in The Tale of Nokdu. 

Playing On Dal, Ji Soo captivates audiences with his boyish charms and athletic looks. He has appeared in romance dramas including When I Was the Most Beautiful and all-time favourite JTBC title Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. He also played the love-struck prince Wang Jung in 2016 time-travel period drama Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo - a Kdrama classic. But did you know that he is also the lead actor of Seoul Mates, a Cinema One Originals film that was released in 2014? And yes he did come to Manila to promote the film! 

According to Viu's Chief Content Officer Ms. Virginia Lim " “Viu is committed to offering the best of premium Asian entertainment content to delight our viewers. In 2021, we are excited to be investing in more original productions and especially Korean drama series which offer outstanding production quality, stunning cinematography and visual effects. With an exceptional script and amazing talent, River Where the Moon Rises is not to be missed.”

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

16 hours ago, laivla said:

Is it really 40 episodes?  Actually, I love the teaser. Hope it will be exceed my expectation.  There must be a lot of riddle in the story, so there will be more substance to be discussed. :elated:

No, here's the treat: It's 40 episodes because.. 1 episodes - 1 hr. Due to advertising loss, they made it 1 episode - 30 minutes. It makes 2 episodes - 1 hour- a day now. River Where The Moon Rises is 40 episodes (KR cut) /20 episodes (Standard cut) KDrama 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Watch: “River Where The Moon Rises” Previews Epic Love Story Of Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo In New Teaser

KBS 2TV’s upcoming historical drama “River Where the Moon Rises” has shared an epic new teaser!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

The newly released teaser begins with On Dal’s father General On Hyup (Kang Ha Neul) being told that the queen is coming. He looks shocked, and the next set of events show a devastating turn in the story. Soldiers raid a village that becomes a sea of fire. On Hyup attempts to stop the attacks, and little Pyeonggang (Heo Jeong Eun) witnesses the horrifying battle with teary eyes.

The tension is heightened by a deep voiceover that commands, “Kill the king of Goguryeo.” Pyeonggang, who is now grown up, whips her sword out and points it at someone. It will be intriguing to find out who gave the command and why she is attempting to eliminate the king.

Hae Mo Yong (Choi Yoo Hwa), a beautiful and powerful woman who is determined to control the country, and Go Geon (Lee Ji Hoon), a top elite general, will also come into play and complicate the story.

Amid the chaos, love blossoms between Pyeonggang and On Dal. He tells her, “Don’t hurt anyone from now on and protect yourself. Your life is precious.” Pyeonggang smiles softly in his direction, but her smile vanishes in the next clip when it is revealed that she is a princess. She vows to find out who she truly is, but the teaser hints her connection to On Dal will remain solid as he hands her a gold object and tells her, “With this, we’re on the same side.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452054wpp/watch-river-where-the-moon-rises-previews-epic-love-story-of-kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soo-in-new-teaser

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 3

Kim So Hyun Talks About Her Character And Learning To Wield A Sword For “River Where The Moon Rises”

Kim So Hyun Talks About Her Character And Learning To Wield A Sword For “River Where The Moon Rises”

Feb 2, 2021
by S. Nam

Kim So Hyun talked about taking on new challenges through her upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises”!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Ji Soo).

The previously released teasers have already sparked viewers’ anticipation for the diverse facets of Pyeonggang as she transforms between a princess and a fierce warrior.

In a recent interview, Kim So Hyun revealed more insight into her complex character. She shared, “Pyeonggang is sometimes cold and unmoved, but she’s a figure who always has a warm heart. She’ll do anything for the things she has to protect.”

The upcoming drama will be Kim So Hyun’s first attempt at action in a historical drama. The actress received high praise for the teaser scene in which Pyeonggang wields a sword on the battlefield. Kim So Hyun shared, “It felt foreign to me because it was my first time doing action scenes with a sword, so I watched a lot of action videos. I filmed while asking many questions and learning from the stunt actors. I studied hard on what I could do to portray my emotions better.”

Kim-So-Hyun.jpg

The actress elaborated, “I had to portray many transformations within one project. I focused the most on the acting portions. In particular, to seem different, I tried to make changes to the tone of voice while reciting my lines or my expression of emotions without overdoing it.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere on February 15 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451994wpp/kim-so-hyun-talks-about-her-character-and-learning-to-wield-a-sword-for-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

Maybe I should watch Tale of Nokdu while waiting for this drama :) or can anyone recommend me another great romantic historical drama? Anyways, some think they will have sls in here, but i don't think I will... i think i will ship pyeonggang and ondal so much, from the teasers I seen they have great chemistry.. also ondal loves her so much that he'll do anything for her (maybe its not good to be so madly in love with someone so that he/she will go against his/her own principles, but I find it SO romantic!! I <3 unconditional love).  Also, Ondal seems a bit of a underdog, i usually root for the underdog :) and won't the second male's love interest eventually be the second female lead? I seen pics of those 2 and I can feel their chemistry as well. I usually despise love triangles but then again I love Empress Ki...

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

List Of Most Anticipated K-Dramas Premiering In February 2021

South Korean dramas, popularly known as K-Dramas, have gained global popularity over the years for their unique concepts and storylines. K-Drama fans can look forward to another exciting month as many of the most-awaited dramas start airing in February.

Here’s a list of five popular Korean television shows are scheduled to release this month:

3) "River Where The Moon Rises"

It is a romantic, historical drama starring Kim So Hyun, Ji Soo, Lee Ji Hoon, and Choi Yu Hwa. The series is based on the 2010 novel Princess Pyeonggang and retells the love story of the characters in a classic Goguryeo folktale. The story focuses on Princess Pyeonggang, an ambitious woman who was born a princess and raised a soldier who dreams of becoming the first female to lead Goguryeo and will stop at nothing to achieve it. However, things take an unexpected turn when she encounters On Dal.

The drama will premiere on Feb. 15 and is scheduled to broadcast on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. KST (7:30 a.m. EST) on KBS2.

https://www.ibtimes.com/list-most-anticipated-k-dramas-premiering-february-2021-3135681

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing this but

THE CINEMATOGRAFY IN THE TRAILER IS NO JOKE. everytime i watch the trailers it gives me goosebumps, not only because the cinematografy of each scene that is so pretty, but also the acting of each actor. i hope they can keep the curiosity, excitement, and these 두근두근 feeling in the drama

1 hour ago, Vera Vainio said:

Maybe I should watch Tale of Nokdu while waiting for this drama :) or can anyone recommend me another great romantic historical drama?

yes! tale of nokdu is really good. the actors also have good chemistry. and if you don't mind i can suggest six flying dragons. it is based on real history

1 hour ago, Vera Vainio said:

i think i will ship pyeonggang and ondal so much, from the teasers I seen they have great chemistry..

i will ship pyeonggang and ondal's father :elated:

no, just kidding:lol::lol: #pyeongganggondalshipforlyfe

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, annaR said:

THE CINEMATOGRAFY IN THE TRAILER IS NO JOKE. everytime i watch the trailers it gives me goosebumps, not only because the cinematografy of each scene that is so pretty, but also the acting of each actor. i hope they can keep the curiosity, excitement, and these 두근두근 feeling in the drama

i will ship pyeonggang and ondal's father

I am not tired of hearing :)) Another drama with Kang Haneul ;)

Koreans also very excited for the drama

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

Maybe I should watch Tale of Nokdu while waiting for this drama :) or can anyone recommend me another great romantic historical drama? Anyways, some think they will have sls in here, but i don't think I will... i think i will ship pyeonggang and ondal so much, from the teasers I seen they have great chemistry.. also ondal loves her so much that he'll do anything for her (maybe its not good to be so madly in love with someone so that he/she will go against his/her own principles, but I find it SO romantic!! I <3 unconditional love).  Also, Ondal seems a bit of a underdog, i usually root for the underdog :) and won't the second male's love interest eventually be the second female lead? I seen pics of those 2 and I can feel their chemistry as well. I usually despise love triangles but then again I love Empress Ki...

Yes! Watch TTON! The chemistry of macaron was soo good, one of KSH’s best chemistry with.

about the sls it’s actually one problem if you watch most of KSH’s dramas:wink::sweat_smile: I also love Ondal, it’s just that I’m preparing myself if they’ll ever try to follow the folktale, atleast we have the SL right?:joy:
I’ve been seeing a lot of Empress ki recommendations. Is it good? I want to to see it but the number of episodes, dunno when I can finish if I’ll start. 

1 hour ago, annaR said:

yes! tale of nokdu is really good. the actors also have good chemistry. and if you don't mind i can suggest six flying dragons. it is based on real history

i will ship pyeonggang and ondal's father o, just kidding:lol::lol: #pyeongganggondalshipforlyfe

IKR! If they’ll ever give an award for the best trailer, this one is a contender. 2/15 come palli palli!

Oh! I’ll probably end up shipping pyeonggang with everyone

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

I haven’t watched too many historical dramas but I also like the Chinese historical drama untamed, it’s an implied(read between the lines) boy loves drama. It’s a incredibly rich story but has a strong fantasy element. 

I also adore unconditional love! I’m excited to watch on screen :wub:

Tbh I personally like love triangles :joy: I’m not sure if 2fl will end up with the 2ml or not. He has been in love with fl since they were young, so it’s difficult to switch allegiances :P

2 hours ago, annaR said:

I agree, it feels and looks like it will be a 

Super long movie :glasses:

2 hours ago, annaR said:

and if you don't mind i can suggest six flying dragons. it is based on real history

Is there a lot of romance in that one too?

2 hours ago, annaR said:

will ship pyeonggang and ondal's father

I low key ship them together too :joy:

52 minutes ago, yeli said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of Empress ki recommendations. Is it good? I want to to see it but the number of episodes, dunno when I can finish if I’ll start. 

YES! It’s so good! I love first half so much! The second half kind of lagged (I heard screenwriter got changed) but still good! 

52 minutes ago, yeli said:

Oh! I’ll probably end up shipping pyeonggang with everyone

Same, I’ll probably ship her with the male twin too :lol:

VIU is so cute after accidentally releasing the trailer early :joy:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2