[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo’s New Drama Reveals First Glimpse Of Characters + Shares Broadcast Plans

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo’s New Drama Reveals First Glimpse Of Characters + Shares Broadcast Plans

Upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises” (working title) is gearing up for its premiere!

“River Where the Moon Rises” retells the love story between Pyeonggang and On Dal, who are characters in a classic Goguryeo folktale. Pyeonggang, also known as Yeom Ga Jin, is an ambitious woman who dreams of becoming the first female to lead Goguryeo, and she uses On Dal’s feelings for her to achieve her goals.

On December 15, the drama’s production company Victory Contents unveiled the first images of the leading actors in character along with short quotes.

Kim So Hyun will show contrasting charms as Princess Pyeonggang and Yeom Ga Jin. Her quote reads, “I will drive out the greedy and disloyal subjects and become the empress to recover Goguryeo’s lost honor.”

Ji Soo will play On Dal, showing his sincere love for Pyeonggang. The quote revealed for On Dal is, “It’s alright if I’m a fool. I only fight in order to protect someone.”

The sweet quote, “I become someone different when I’m with you,” was revealed along with an image of Pyeonggang and On Dal together.

Lee Ji Hoon takes on the role of Go Geon, the top elite general of Goguryeo. His quote says, “I had everything and needed nothing more, but that all changed when I met you.”

Choi Yoo Hwa will be Hae Mo Yong who is determined to control Goguryeo. She holds a special power and hides a big secret.

Hae Mo Yong and Go Geon gaze into each other’s eyes in a still cut with the quote, “I’ve found myself gazing at your back turned on me as you face someone else.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” will air as a Monday-Tuesday drama via KBS2 in the first half of 2021 following the conclusion of “Secret Royal Inspector.”

Check out more still cuts below!

While waiting for the premiere, watch Kim So Hyun in “The Tale of Nokdu“:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443633wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soos-new-drama-reveals-first-glimpse-of-characters-shares-broadcast-plans

• Love 2

Kim So-hyun, Ji Soo starrer drama ‘The Moon Rising River’ confirms network, broadcast sched

The highly anticipated romantic-historical series The Moon Rising River, starring Kim So-hyun and Ji Soo, has finally confirmed its broadcast on KBS2 in the first half of next year!

The Moon Rising River will feature a reimagined depiction of Goguryeo’s popular urban legend about Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So-hyun, The Tale of Nokdu), who married the hunchbacked commoner Pabo Ondal or Ondal the Fool (Ji Soo, When I Was the Most Beautiful). It is said to tell Ondal’s foolish sacrifice and bittersweet love for Pyeonggang as she makes her way to become the kingdom’s first female Taewang or greatest king.

The upcoming series has been getting high attention lately due to its promising cast ensemble and solid production lineup. Acting star Lee Ji-hoon (Dinner Mate) has been pulled in to play Go Geon, an elite general who will vie with all his might for Pyeonggang’s love and affection, while My Dangerous Wife actress Choi Yu-hwa is set to bring in some serious relationship conflict as Hae Mo-yong, Go Geon’s beautiful yet secretive admirer who has the unique ability to see the future.

In addition, Baeksang Arts Awards’ most recent best actor, Kang Ha-neul (When the Camellia Blooms), is joining the main cast of characters as General On Hyeop, Ondal’s father and the dutiful leader of the Sunnobu region in Goguryeo. Kang will also be joined by supporting actors Wang Bit-na (King Maker: The Change of Destiny), Lee Hae-young (Stranger 2), Kim Bup-rae (Melting Me Softly), and Hwang Young-hee (Men Are Men), raising the viewers’ expectations for the drama to exciting lengths.

Helmed by PD Yoon Sang-ho of King Maker: The Change of Destiny (2020) and penned by screenwriter Han Ji-hoon of Woman of 9.9 Billion (2019–2020), The Moon Rising River is slated to air in March 2021 as KBS2’s Monday-Tuesday drama, replacing the historical rom-com series Royal Secret Agent.

https://www.kdramapal.com/kim-so-hyun-ji-soo-starrer-drama-the-moon-rising-river-confirms-network-broadcast-sched/

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강 - Kim So Hyun, Ji Soo & Kang Ha Neul - Premieres first half of 2021

Kim So-hyun and Ji Soo in "Moonlit River"

"Moonlit River" has confirmed premiere early next year on KBS 2TV.

"Moonlit River" is a story of Pyeong-kang who uses On-dal's heart in dreams of becoming supreme king and the mournful love story of On-dal, who only makes foolish sacrifices. It stars Kang Ha-neul, Kim So-hyun, Ji Soo, Lee Ji-hoon and Choi Yu-hwa.

In addition to Kim So-hyun and Ji Soo, Lee Ji-hoon has been cast as the highest elite general of Goguryeo, and Choi Yu-hwa has been cast as Hae Mo-yong, who has special abilities and secrets. On-dal's father On-hyeob, who will play a key role in the story development in the early stage of the play, is played by Kang Ha-neul.

The drama is directed by Yoon Sang-ho from "Saimdang: Light's Diary" and "King Maker: The Change of Destiny" and written by Han Ji-hoon from "KAIST" and "Time Between Dog and Wolf - Drama".

• Like 1

Kim So Hyun – Ji soo Starrer 'The Moon Rising River' Confirms Cast, Network and Streaming Details

One of the most awaited dramas of 2021, The Moon Rising River starring Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo, has confirmed the network and broadcast schedule. The drama will be aired in the first half of the next year on KBS2. The romantic historical drama will also have popular actor Kang Ha Neul playing a special role in the drama.

Drama The Moon Rising River is scheduled to be aired on Monday and Tuesday 9.30 PM KST after the drama Royal Secret Agent concludes. The Royal Secret Agent starring Kim Min Seok and Kwon Nara will start airing on Dec. 21. The 16-episode drama is scheduled to end on Feb. 9. Thus The Moon Rising River is expected to air from Feb. 15.

Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun

Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun will play the lead role in the drama The Moon Rising River. Instagram

History of The Three Kingdoms of Korea

The drama is based on the folk tale of On Dal that includes a historical record called Samguk Sagi (which means the history of the three kingdoms of Korea). Samguk Sagi was compiled by Kim Bu Sik and was published in 1145. Drama The Moon Rising River will be directed by Yun Sang Ho known for his popular series Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny and is written by Han Ji Hoon of Woman of 9.9 Billion fame.

Here is the cast of the drama:

• Kim So Hyun will be seen as Pyong Gang
  • Ji Soo Hyun as On Dal
  • Lee Ji Hoon as Go Gun
  • Choi Yu Hwa as Hae Mo-Yong
  • Kang Ha Neul as On Hyeob (special appearance)
  • Ryoo Ui Hyun as Tara San
  • Kim Hee Jung as Tara Jin
  • Park Sang Hoon as Go Won
  • Wang Bit Na as Jin Bi
  • Lee Hae Young as Go Won-Pyo
  • Kim Pub Lae as King Pyeongwon
  • Hwang Young Hee as Madame Sa

Princess Pyeonggang - On Dal: Bittersweet Relationship

The adaptation of On Dal's story will revolve around Princess Pyeonggang played by Kim So Hyun who marries the hunchbacked commoner Pabo Ondal or Ondal the fool played by Ji Soo. The drama depicts Ondal's foolish sacrifice and bittersweet love for Pyeonggang as she becomes the kingdom's first female ruler.

The special attraction of the drama is Baeksang Arts Awards' best actor, Kang Ha Neul of When the Camellia Blooms fame. Initially, he was offered the lead role in the drama opposite Son Ye Jin of Crash Landing On You fame. But Kang Ha Neul had to say no to the offer because of schedule clashes. But he promised to act in the drama in a minor but vital role. Thus, Kang Ha Neul will be seen as General On Hyeop, Ondal's father and the leader of the Sunnobu region in Goguryeo.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/kim-so-hyun-ji-soo-starrer-moon-rising-river-confirms-cast-network-streaming-details-54205

• Like 2

Joining you guys in the waiting game here!

The story is sweet and the cast even more so. I'm here for Kim So-Hyun, Ji Soo and Kang Ha Neul, but even more so it's exciting to see Kim So-Hyun and Ji Soo pair up again. I saw them together in Page Turner and they really were playing off each other's characters well. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

13 minutes ago, agenth said:

The story is sweet and the cast even more so. I'm here for Kim So-Hyun, Ji Soo and Kang Ha Neul, but even more so it's exciting to see Kim So-Hyun and Ji Soo pair up again. I saw them together in Page Turner and they really were playing off each other's characters well. 

It is true. Their character have natural chemistry in page turner. Can see in still cut this drama also have natural chemistry. Have long wait to March. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Kim So-hyun, Ji-soo play princess and the fool in upcoming KBS drama

Kim So-hyun (Tale of Nokdu) and Ji-soo (When I Was the Most Beautiful) in a romantic folktale sageuk. What’s not to love? New stills for KBS’s upcoming drama River Where the Moon Rises have been released.

Kim So-hyun plays the beautiful, intelligent, and a little power-hungry Princess Pyeonggang. In this drama adaptation of the folktale, she uses Ondal’s heart to advance her own goals, but in the process, falls in love herself. Ondal, the ever-sacrificing idiot who becomes a respected general, will be played by Ji-soo.

According to previous reports, Kang Haneul (When the Camellia Blooms) will be making an appearance at the beginning of the drama as Ji-soo’s father. His role will be instrumental in developing the arcs of our two characters. Lee Ji-hoon (ill You Have Dinner With Me) will play an elite general for Goguryeo, and Choi Yu-hwa (My Dangerous Wife) will play a person with special skills and hidden secrets.

To be honest costume-wise, Ji-soo looks exactly like his grown-up character from Scarlet Heart: Ryeo which makes sense since they’re pulling from the same Goguryeo era. He’s still rocking the long mane, but I do wish they would have left out that weird baby-Wolverine sideburn-facial hair. At first glance, I thought that Kim So-hyun looked a lot like Jin Se-yeon, but the intensity in her expression is definitely all her own.

Monday-Tuesday KBS drama River Where the Moon Rises, directed by PD Yoon Sang-ho (Saimdang, Light’s Diary) and written by Han Ji-hoon (9.9 Billion Won Woman), is slated to air in early 2021, after New Secret Royal Investigator finishes its run.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, agenth said:

Prehistoric Page Turner let’s go!!!! 

• Like 1