[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

This Monday is so sad...no River Where the Moon Rises episode...Still waiting for some news or updates about actors ,scenes...i can't wait Kim So-hyun, Na In-woo new dramas...i hope the new ep 1-6 will soon be on viki ,viu...maybe soon we will be able to watch the complete drama on netflix...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, yeli said:

omg we posted at the same time:joy:

Probably the cutest bts of PyeongOn couple

great minds think alike lol @yeli

Sso’s laughter is for real in this scene, in the BTS she was just laughing at In Woo all through out. Very cute. :blush:

yup I agree :approves:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, shinkeru said:

Another BTS from Victory Contents. Seems they are officially known as Deer and Rabbit :blush:

Reading some comments, did PD nim really say Dal wants ppoppo (kiss) more than the food? :yum:

Really would love to see them again in another project, even it’s pretty soon! Based on the bits of info gathered -

Sso has promised pd nim to work on his next project

pd nim’s next project is Jinx’s lover

knet would like pyeongdal couple to reincarnate as modern couple

inwoo is positively considering the project

If they work together again then they will have more time to prepare this time around, and it could be even more amazing!

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

Sso has promised pd nim to work on his next project

pd nim’s next project is Jinx’s lover

knet would like pyeongdal couple to reincarnate as modern couple

inwoo is positively considering the project

Hopefully sso will make a cameo since it looks like PDnim is the Captain of PyeongOn Ship:glasses:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

Really would love to see them again in another project, even it’s pretty soon!

Same here! Even though it seems kinda impossible cause they just worked together recently. But I think this will be a good project for them — I haven’t read the webtoon, it seems light RomCom with a bit of fantasy ? They are still young, after all. It’s ok if they take lighter roles too. :) 

1 hour ago, yeli said:

Hopefully sso will make a cameo since it looks like PDnim is the President of PyeongOn Ship

I wish Sso would be offered the lead role instead:lol: From what I saw, the main couple will suit InSso very well.:glasses: I’ll put in spoilers the main characters for that drama

Spoiler

2-B953082-B2-E5-4691-8-FD9-456-F7-C473-B

Their height difference is perfect for InSso, right??! :lol:

Of course it’s all up to Sso if she will consider this project or not :)

I think it’s nice to see PD Yoon genuinely like InSso, and natural for him to wish happiness for them both. Only time will tell what happens. If it’s meant to be, then so shall it be. I wish them all the very best :)

• Like 1

@yeliYSH PD: “The filming site was the best because the new Ondal, In Woo, was so friendly. I’m very thankful to In Woo and So Hyun. They both look so good together to the point that I'd recommend them to date as good man and woman,”

pd nim is definitely very fond of them and genuinely care about them (think he is trying to help NIW's career too). He probably sees something in them but think his comment will put them on the spot and can put pressure on them given that they are still very young at age and at their career.  

@shinkeruagree with you that Sso should be offered as the fl after watching some of the webtoon images. InSso are both suitable for the roles. It will be a showcase for their acting skills, from saeguk with fighting/war action to romcom. Sso's agency might have some concern, but RWTMR was not a complete/whole production for InSso, and viewers love them so much and call them national husband and wife. Of course, at the end of the day, only pd nim knows who is suitable for the fl. I do hope that he thinks Sso is suitable and make his case to convince her to join the project.  

@shinkeru

7 hours ago, shinkeru said:

wonder what they said in the last clip

I saw it on twitter. Sso said she was upset and NIW said it was acting as he finally understood why she said she was upset. There are many bts and cute clips (some with translation) on twitters.

• Like 3

@sanghyuk thanks for that info. So Hyun seems very comfortable with In Woo that she gets to joke around with him like that. I still can’t forget that last day of filming they had, when they hugged. It seems they have a special bond between them. 

Let’s hope they will reunite for this new drama. These two actors have so much range of acting talent, with really good chemistry and they get along so well, I really hope PD nim and their agencies will not let this chance pass by of having them together in a new drama.

@andy78 I do hope that the 6 episodes will be released soon. Victory Contents have uploaded a lot of clips on YT but without the subtitles. 

This gif looks like our deer and rabbit could also play a comedic duo, like a rookie cop and a detective, maybe :grin:

• LOL 3

K-Drama “River Where The Moon Rises” Changed It’s Original Ending For International Fans—Here’s Why

They completely changed the original ending concept to the current one!

zUxLodlD2EF1hXg5rwsPxv4dzAQAwMx3ZMdeMNuq

KBS K-Drama River Where The Moon Rises has changed its ending, and it was all because of the drama’s international fans!

River Where The Moon Rises aired its last episode on April 20, 2021, and fans were in love with the happy ending! The K-Drama concluded its final episode on a happy note with the main character On Dal (played by Na In Woo) reuniting with Princess Pyungkang (played by Kim So Hyun)!

But the K-Drama was initially supposed to have a very different ending! It was actually supposed to end with On Dal’s death, but at the last minute, the finale script was changed to the current, happier ending! A drama official revealed that this ending was decided upon for two reasons; the first reason was because of the change of cast, from actor Ji Soo to Na In Woo!

Originally, it was supposed to end with a sad ending with Ji Soo, but after it was switched to Na In Woo, the ending was changed.

—Drama Official

The second reason was because of the amount of love international fans had shown the K-Drama and Na In Woo! Turns out, after Na In Woo joined the cast, fans of the actor and the drama grew along with their hopes for a happy ending. The drama, which has been sold to 190 countries, also received many international requests for a happy ending, and the K-Drama crew decided to make it come true!

The drama official also revealed that this wasn’t the only scene that was changed; since Na In Woo joined the cast, many other scenes were fixed or edited in order to fit the actor more!

We added new scripts and the writer also fixed some lines so that it would match Na In Woo more.

—Drama Official

Although the drama started off with some unfortunate events, they were able to create a whole different drama with the addition of Na In Woo! Expressing admiration for director Yoon Sang Ho and Kim So Hyun, who had to reshoot almost every scene in the 6 episodes that were previously aired, a staff member joked,

You could say that director Yoon Sang Ho and actress Kim So Hyun filmed two dramas for this.

River Where The Moon Rises Staff Member

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/river-moon-rises-changed-original-ending/

• Like 5

3 hours ago, yeli said:

They did well...the characters deserved a happy end and so do we ,their fans ...they did their best for their country...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, yeli said:

K-Drama “River Where The Moon Rises” Changed It’s Original Ending For International Fans—Here’s Why

NIW really brought in significant impact to the drama. Good for him! If the production team changed the ending for international fans, then they might listen to international fans' request to re-unite KSH and NIW in pd nim's next project, Jinx's lover!:tounge_wink:

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

@sanghyuk hahaha I know how you feel. InSso fever is real. I know it’s almost impossible for that to happen. But there’s no harm in wishing, right? :lol::grin:

In the meantime, we still have Baeksang Awards to look forward to. I hope we can at least see them together. :Please:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Their sword fight scene is one of my favorites. I’ll never tire of watching it. The choreographed fight scene, the instrumental music with the mountain backdrop all added to the tension of their dialogue. It was such a torment for Ga Jin that time as she expressed her fear that change is happening and she felt like she doesn’t deserve On Dal. But Dal was very confident of his feelings for her and reassures that she is the destiny he chose. 

I’m just really glad PD nim made changes/added scenes that made the drama more beautiful. I was surprised to see that the exchange of bracelets from the previous shoot seemed to be done in a public place.  The refilm version turn out to be more meaningful when they exchanged the bracelets as that became like a vow between them as husband and wife. 

• Like 3