[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

“River Where The Moon Rises” Ends On Solid Viewership Ratings For Finale

On April 20, KBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” ended on a solid note in viewership ratings.

“River Where the Moon Rises” was a highly anticipated drama due to its strong cast and premiered to high ratings of 6.5 and 9.4 percent. However, the drama ran into issues when lead actor Ji Soo was accused of being a perpetrator of school violence and was replaced with Na In Woo starting in episode 7. Episodes 1-6 were later re-filmed with Na In Woo.

According to Nielsen Korea, the April 20 finale of “River Where the Moon Rises” recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.8 and 8.3 percent. This is the exact same ratings from the April 19 episode the day before. Although the drama’s ratings dropped slightly in the middle of its run, it rose back into the 8 percent range in the final few weeks and ended with the No. 1 spot in its time slot.

The April 20 episode of tvN’s “Navillera” recorded average nationwide ratings of 2.859 percent, a drop from the April 19 episode (3.150 percent).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465216wpp/river-where-the-moon-rises-ends-on-solid-viewership-ratings-for-finale

They were the best no matter what problems they had to face...my total respect for their great team!!!

• Love 4

Wow, the drama was great from start to end. Of course, post time skip, it became a bit draggy (or maybe not), but I did not really mind it, since it was the bridge to the next important final arc of the story. The innocent yet smart crown prince suddenly turned into a kinda incompetent or rather insecure ruler, who instead of trusting his sister, wouldn't really mind if she would return as a dead body from the wars she fought. 

But then again, that was the typical King's behavior we have seen and read in dramas or history books/lessons. The Kings never liked the people whose name would be on the tongue of people more than them, not realizing the loyalty of such subjects actually. It was good that this young ruler realized his mistake, but the mistake of Queen putting the letter in her son's book, and decided to save his sister and her husband. 

Talking about the war, I seriously had thought at least, Tara Jin and Pung Gae would end up dead. Instead, they didn't even end up with a scratch :joy: and I am quite happy about it. Wol Gwang also had me for some minutes before showing off the greatest trick he mastered, acting dead (literally being dead). This dude, singlehandedly saved the drama in my opinion, since I don't think On Dal ever lived in the actual folk tale. Kudos to the writer, and show runners in delivering a happy ending for us all, since honestly, after all this, On Dal and Ga Jin deserved to live. 

Go Gun well, at least he didn't die evil. To me, he always seemed to be in conflict with this thoughts and desires. He wanted something, but did something else. He didn't want to do something, but ended up doing it. Of course after killing On Dal's mother, he became a lost case for me, but then again, I believe this is brilliant writing, making his redemption so well that I forgot all his wrong doing and felt sorry for him. I really wished maybe he could live, but in my opinion, it was the best for him to die. But then again, at least they didn't kill Mo Yong. She was the one losing so much blood and miraculously survived. 

Overall, I loved this drama, and it had been a while since I had watched a good Sageuk. There are some more Sageuks scheduled this year, and I hope they will be great too. 

Thank you Chingus, @andy78 @yeli @backstreetboysfan @shinkeru @sal2 @elan1 @Breeze @Madu Mita @tulip06 @scribbledjunkie@ferily @agenth @totoro_mei @annaR for making this drama more enjoyable with your comments. It was fun watching this drama with you (sorry if I missed someone) :heartxoxo:

PS: I have put up the final poll for this drama, please don't forget to vote :hooray:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I have put up the final poll for this drama, please don't forget to vote 

i voted for the last time...

i love that they chose the novel end and they also  didn't change  the history/legend ...coffin scene was great @Sleepy Owl...she deserves an OSCAR for her acting...BEST ACTRESS KIM SOHYUN!!!

this is so funny...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

PS: I have put up the final poll for this drama, please don't forget to vote 

Voted for the last time :glasses:

Thank you too for making the polls for this drama:heart:

34 minutes ago, andy78 said:

..she deserves an OSCAR for her acting...BEST ACTRESS KIM SOHYUN!!!

Yes make KSH’s dream of having her name on the list of Oscar’s winner come true!
Really,  I hope this drama will get a nomination at the Emmy.

:Please:

Im also excited to see PyeongOn on Baeksang! I hope they walk together on the red carpet :hooray:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Another interview with PD Yoon 

Continued...

Spoiler

All my respect to the Production team and all the actors. They really gave their all. 

Someone mentioned this interview was done after the drama final broadcast so as not to seek for sympathy from viewers or public. It is only now we learn of all the challenges they went through. So really, hats off to all of them. 

Thanks for the poll @Sleepy Owl 

Gosh, I think almost everyone wanted that happy ending after what our OTP went through. We cried a river (no pun intended) for them, we wanted our happy tears! I’m glad that the drama managed to find that balance between fulfilling the folktale ending of Dal getting shot by arrows and the surprise of a twist at the end. That scene of the immovable coffin was a nice touch too.

The other surprise from the drama was how Geon and Mo Yong turned out to help Ga Jin in the end. It was sad that their love story didn’t turn out well. But I think it was all for Geon’s redemption arc. That scene of Geon dying in Mo Yong’s arms while they played that truth question was an emotional one and I couldn’t help but shed tears for them as well. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, shinkeru said:

That scene of Geon dying in Mo Yong’s arms while they played that truth question was an emotional one and I couldn’t help but shed tears for them as well. 

Me too...i was afraid they'll become this drama evil OTP...i'm glad she survived and even has a new  country Baekje ...i wonder if ep 20 has some deleted scenes like ep 19...

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I am sure the war scenes must be spectacular and grand, based on the few scenes it aired in the last 2 episodes. It’s unfortunate that we didn’t get to see them! Really applause the pd and his team for not giving up on the drama and managed to recruit NIW as the new Ondai! Otherwise, we would never get to see the amazing acting of these actors to portray this beautiful love story!

Health comes first, so hope everyone focus on spending time to get rest, to recuperate from the stressful schedule of re-shooting the drama, especially NIW! Losing 7 to 8 kg in a month is a lot in a month!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shinkeru said:

Before taking photo, In Woo pulls So Hyun for a hug and she just rests her head on his chest. They’re so precious 

So cute and so natural:love: 

Making+ Cast goodbye messages.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

45 minutes ago, yeli said:

So cute and so natural

It’s hard to believe that they met only one month ago. They just became close right away. 

46 minutes ago, yeli said:

Making+ Cast goodbye messages.

I love how PD Yoon hugged So Hyun like she really were his daughter. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, andy78 said:

i hope will be translated later...still missing them...

I hope so, I miss them also I keep checking Twitter on my spare time haha. I need to start a new drama soon....

I wonder what this could be.....

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, andy78 said:

i hope will be translated later...still missing them...

Yes! When do you think they will release the episodes 1-6? 

2 hours ago, shinkeru said:

I hope so, I miss them also I keep checking Twitter on my spare time haha. I need to start a new drama soon....

Same! I’m not in the mood for the other current airing dramas. Anything good?

it’s says here they will not pursue the blue ray due to copyright issues as it has been sold to 190 countries and might violate the contract.

so sad, I was excited for the commentary and other bts:bawling:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, yeli said:

When do you think they will release the episodes 1-6? 

Soon, I hope. I thought they would release after the show ended. Maybe they’re still doing post production work/editing?

Oh no! Is the cancellation confirmed already? @yeli

12 hours ago, yeli said:

I’m not in the mood for the other current airing dramas. Anything good?

Me too. This was the only show I was watching. But I think I’ll check out another sageuk drama coming next month. What about you? Any upcoming shows you’re gonna watch?

@rocher22 I'm still obsessed over PyeongOn :lol: BUT....

Spoiler

Maybe I’ll be okay by the time WDH comes back from MS. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, yeli said:

Anything good?

i heard will be a drama about a king that is in fact a woman...the thing is nobody knows ...everybody think she is a man...she had a brother that was the crown prince and died...i don't remember the drama name...and i think i 'll watch Undercover(i watched I HAVE A LOVER years ago) ...right now i'm waiting for the first 6 ep...and i hope there will be more delete scenes on youtube...i'm not over our OTP yet...i hope if somebody finds more updates about our drama will post its here...

• Like 3

the making of early episodes. 

27 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

Omo, there are more goodies from VC!! 

I love PD Yoon 

InSso reaction is gold :D

I was like really, PD nim instruct them to ppoppo?:joy: They should have followed his instruction though:Cornykiss:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1