[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Ji-soo becomes Kim So-hyun’s general in new teaser for River Where the Moon Rises

With the premiere just weeks away, a new video teaser has been released for KBS sageuk River Where the Moon Rises. Although the teaser’s focus is on Ji-soo (When I Was the Most Beautiful) , it also features his co-star Kim So-hyun (Tale of Nokdu) as well as a brief appearance by Kang Haneul (When the Camellia Blooms).

The drama is based on an old Korean folktale with Kim So-hyun playing the beloved character of Princess Pyeonggang. In her fight to restore Goguryeo’s power and claim the throne, she enlists the help of the simple-minded Ondal, played by Ji-soo, who swears his allegiance to her in the name of love.

As seen in the new teaser, though, there is much more to Ondal that he keeps hidden behind his village idiot appearance.

The video starts with Ji-soo calling out, “Father” when he sees a weary Kang Haneul standing atop the cliffside. In voice-over, Kang instructs his son, “Dal, I beseech you, become an ordinary, common man. No, become a fool and survive.” In a sequence of shots, we see Ji-soo following his father’s advice. Despite being the son of a general, he wears common clothes and tries to live a simple life. But we get glimpses of his conflicting feelings; he’s further shaken when he meets Kim So-hyun and starts to fall in love.

As the sequence of scenes continue, we see Ji-soo training for battle and his relationship with Kim So-hyun grows. Kim tells him, “They say each person is destined to their own fate.” Ji-soo professes to her in response, “My fate is you. One day, you and I will become husband and wife. There will come a time when you come to me.” The teaser comes to a close as it cuts to the palace where Kim So-hyun stands with a group of officials. And she’s surprised to be greeted by a cleaned-up Ji-soo dressed in fine robes.

Written by Han Ji-hoon (9.9 Billion Won Woman) and directed by PD Yoon Sang-ho (Wind and Cloud and Rain), River Where the Moon Rises premieres February 15 and will broadcast Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/ji-soo-becomes-kim-so-hyuns-general-in-new-teaser-for-river-where-the-moon-rises/

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpnMfCJK2v/?igshid=4y3jjvb1tm69

I couldn’t find a whole subbed video of LJH’s, but I found this portion when he mentioned about pyeong gang.

So, she’ll be gone for 8 years? Probably suffer from amnesia, no?

Hope this one will not be drama that watchers will have a hard time choosing between the ML and SL, but just thinking about how both YGJ and GG’s tsundere personalities would interact is making me giddy already.:getmygrooveon:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

elan1: Most likely no romance in MT Jiri because the screenwriter is not known for writing romance , and on its mydramalist page  there is no ” ” romance ” as genre :( 

oh no. At least I can lower my expectations then. Thank you for the update. I hope romance gets sneak in there somehow :lol:

I’ve never heard of such a huge budget korean drama with no romance in it. 

oh btw I watched first episode of princess man! It’s wonderful so far :wub:

im already having SLS. What is the syndrome called when you love both male leads? :joy:

1 hour ago, yeli said:

this one will not be drama that watchers will have a hard time choosing between the ML and SL, but just thinking about how both YGJ and GG’s tsundere personalities would inter

I have a feeling that we will love both male leads but not to the point of shipping wars. We will be happy with her choices :) And there’s no rules where she can’t be with both guys if one of them dies... if they follow the folktale :joy:

1 hour ago, yeli said:

So, she’ll be gone for 8 years? Probably suffer from amnesia, no?

probably since she was a young girl between 14-16. I think it will happen during the time her mom got assassinated? 

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Let it start as soon as possible. It's hard to wait . I want to watch . My excitement increases with every teaser :tightdeadline:

Koala's newest article about our second leads :)

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/01/29/second-leads-lee-ji-hoon-and-choi-yu-hwa-intense-and-charismatic-in-official-new-stills-for-river-where-the-moon-rises/

11 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

if you want to watch about a strong powerful badass woman then watch Empress Ki

if you want to watch a great love story then watch The Princess’ Man

I watched them and they are great dramas  :)

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Let it start as soon as possible. It's hard to wait . I want to watch . My excitement increases with every teaser 

Ikr I feel so hungry! The more they feed us the more hungrier I become. My appetite can’t be satisfied :bawling::joy:

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

18 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Ikr I feel so hungry! The more they feed us the more hungrier I become. My appetite can’t be satisfied 

Me too. I want more. I know there there will be no  new uptade today but ı 'm still checking twitter and ig :joy:

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

11 New Korean Dramas In February 2021 To Add To Your Watch List

River Where The Moon Rises (Kim So-Hyun, Ji Soo)

• Release Date: February 15, 2021
  • Runtime: Monday & Tuesday, 21:30
  • Network: KBS2
  • Cast: Kim So-Hyun, Ji Soo
  • River Where The Moon Rises (Kim So-Hyun, Ji Soo)

Of course, a K-Drama watch list can’t be complete without another historical drama! Starring Kim So-Hyun and Ji Soo, this traditional melodrama tells about the lives of Princess Pyong Gang (Kim So-Hyun) and On Dal (Ji Soo) in the Goguryeo era.

‘River Where the Moon Rises’ will air on KBS2 every Monday and Tuesday, taking the spot of ‘Royal Secret Agent’.

https://inkistyle.com/new-korean-dramas-february-2021/

• Blob 4

9 hours ago, enzek said:

Hyun and Ji Soo Goguryeo version let's go!

I believe they will rock this drama just like they did with their modern drama.

Pyeong Gang and On Dal fighting!

I have no doubt especially if the teasers are any indications. I love them already :love:

• Where's My Oppa? 1

On 1/30/2021 at 7:21 AM, elan1 said:

oh no. At least I can lower my expectations then. Thank you for the update. I hope romance gets sneak in there somehow :lol:

I’ve never heard of such a huge budget korean drama with no romance in it. 

oh btw I watched first episode of princess man! It’s wonderful so far :wub:

im already having SLS. What is the syndrome called when you love both male leads? :joy:
I have a feeling that we will love both male leads but not to the point of shipping wars. We will be happy with her choices :) And there’s no rules where she can’t be with both guys if one of them dies... if they follow the folktale :joy:
probably since she was a young girl between 14-16. I think it will happen during the time her mom got assassinated? 

I'm glad you enjoy the princess man, its one of my all time favoritr dramas! :) be prepared tho for lots of heartache, its a roller coaster full of emotions 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

everyone stop what you’re doing and watch !!! New trailer!!! :love: ahhhhhhhhh so excited l! Dancing on my bed right now

Me too :joy:  this teaser is too amazing. Make me more curious with the drama.

Actually i didnt see this coming, even suspect it fanmade when i first see it in twiter. This tease from YT Viu Singapore, it make me think that MoonRiver is really important project for VIU.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

35 minutes ago, Vera Vainio said:

I'm glad you enjoy the princess man, its one of my all time favoritr dramas! :) be prepared tho for lots of heartache, its a roller coaster full of emotions 

you’re scaring me :bawling: I’m like not even prepared for the potential heartbreak for moon river  :lol:

10 minutes ago, Rima Ajeng Nur Raihan said:

Me too :joy:  this teaser is too amazing. Make me more curious with the drama.

Actually i didnt see this coming, even suspect it fanmade when i first see it in twiter. This tease from YT Viu Singapore, it make me think that MoonRiver is really important project for VIU.

me too! Even victory contents didn’t even upload it on Ig or YouTube! This is the first time! How did VIU get access to this so soon? :scream: 

I don’t know how to live properly for the next two weeks waiting for this drama :( 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Excited for the comeback of my favorite PD in period drama!

Marking my fourth period drama from Yoon Sang Ho PD! 

All the more, my Daddy Hiroshi from Different Dreams (Lee Hae Young) will be the villain on his fourth work with Yoon PD (like formally coz he never was)

Special BONUS! Ji Soo in a serious role (been a while since Sassy Go Go), Kim So Hyun will play warrior-princess (warrior princess!! +my fave PD) and Lee Ji Hoon as the second lead (yassss). Hoping the writer will embark the goodness from 9.9 Billion Woman.  I'm looking forward. Can we have the episodes now? 

Some Yoon PD Drama Parallelism I Made

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 4

45 minutes ago, seunhyel said:

Excited for the comeback of my favorite PD in period drama!

Marking my fourth period drama from Yoon Sang Ho PD! 

All the more, my Daddy Hiroshi from Different Dreams (Lee Hae Young) will be the villain on his fourth work with Yoon PD (like formally coz he never was)

Special BONUS! Ji Soo in a serious role (been a while since Sassy Go Go), Kim So Hyun will play warrior-princess (warrior princess!! +my fave PD) and Lee Ji Hoon as the second lead (yassss). Hoping the writer will embark the goodness from 9.9 Billion Woman.  I'm looking forward. Can we have the episodes now? 

Some Yoon PD Drama Parallelism I Made 

I’m in love with your hype! And the parallelism is creative :D

ikr, I wanted the drama to premiere like yesterday :joy:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, laivla said:

Is it really 40 episodes?  Actually, I love the teaser. Hope it will be exceed my expectation.  There must be a lot of riddle in the story, so there will be more substance to be discussed.

Old format 20 ep.

Ji Soo Shares Details On His Role In Upcoming Historical Drama “River Where The Moon Rises”

There’s a reason why Ji Soo chose On Dal as his next drama role, and he opened up on what that reason is!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Ji Soo).

A couple factors have been adding to the interest building up around the character On Dal. For one, On Dal has traditionally been recorded as a stupid yet gallant general. How this will be applied to the On Dal of “River Where the Moon Rises” is to be revealed. Second, Ji Soo has already proven himself in previous melodramas like “When I was the Most Beautiful.” Because of this, there are high expectations for his upcoming performance.

In a recent interview, Ji Soo shared that he wanted to take on the role of On Dal because he “found it interesting to act out a character that is a gallant general, but at the same time so nice to the point that he is known as ‘foolish On Dal.'” He also described On Dal as a “young man with a pure and warm heart.”

Ji Soo further commented, “I think On Dal and I are similar in that we both cherish our families and have a heart for pure love. On Dal is kind without expecting anything in return. I want to learn to be more like him in that way.”

Ji Soo has taken part in various series, but his strengths are highlighted when he stars in a melodrama. With much attention building up around his upcoming performance, he promised that he will be delivering one that is clearly unique. He shared, “I want to show a passionate, pure love. A love that is far from ordinary, one that is so passionate that you want to give it everything you’ve got.”

On Dal’s unordinary love will kick off on February 15 with the premiere of “River Where the Moon Rises” at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451729wpp/ji-soo-shares-details-on-his-role-in-upcoming-historical-drama-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2