[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

5 hours ago, Breeze said:

Teaser is out . Let's watch ;)

Looks SO promising!! Just a bit dissapointed it won't be on netflix, I wanted to watch with mom on netflix since then it would have been subtitles in our language (not that mom can't any english, she's just not very good at it). But oh well... looking forward to this love story even tho FL is only using him :P but she will eventually fall in love with him~ but it probably takes a while for that to happen 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

19 minutes ago, sweetseptember09 said:

Looks SO promising!! Just a bit dissapointed it won't be on netflix, I wanted to watch with mom on netflix since then it would have been subtitles in our language (not that mom can't any english, she's just not very good at it). But oh well... looking forward to this love story even tho FL is only using him :P but she will eventually fall in love with him~ but it probably takes a while for that to happen 

Maybe it will be on Netflix too on future? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sweetseptember09 said:

VC is following Netflix, tving and wavve, maybe it’s still under negotiations?

Maybe if NF didn’t get the same day schedule, hopefully they will license showing this in the future since KSH’s one of their favorites:winkx:

• Like 3

Watch: Ji Soo Falls In Love With Kim So Hyun In Teaser For Upcoming Historical Drama With Kang Ha Neul

Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo’s upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises” (working title) has shared its first teaser!

“River Where the Moon Rises” retells the love story between Pyeonggang and On Dal, who are characters in a classic Goguryeo folktale. Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun), also known as Yeom Ga Jin, is an ambitious woman who dreams of becoming the first female to lead Goguryeo, and she uses On Dal’s (Ji Soo’s) feelings for her to achieve her goals. “River Where the Moon Rises” will air in February following the conclusion of “Royal Secret Agent.”

The special teaser begins with Pyeonggang and On Dal warily observing each other from afar, followed by a scene of Pyeonggang falling on top of On Dal. The video cuts to On Dal smiling as he gazes at Pyeonggang, who is enjoying the breeze. The text that appears on the screen reads, “On Dal, the general who turned love into history.”

On Dal’s father General On Hyup (Kang Ha Neul) has a serious expression on his face until he spots something and smiles out of relief. As Pyeonggang is shown fighting in a battle with a sword, the text, “Princess Pyeonggang, whose life in Goguryeo was everything,” is displayed on the screen.

Lastly, On Dal and Pyeonggang shed tears as he embraces her and tells her, “Ga Jin, you’re my Goguryeo, my country.”

Check out the teaser here!

The 40-second special teaser was first shown at the 2020 KBS Drama Awards on December 31.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446428wpp/ji-soo-falls-in-love-with-kim-so-hyun-in-teaser-for-upcoming-historical-drama-with-kang-ha-neul

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Kim So Hyun x Ji Soo meet up as a warrior princess and her devoted lover in special teaser for 'River Where The Moon Rises'

Back on December 31, a special teaser for the new KBS2 Mon-Tues historical drama series 'River Where The Moon Rises' was revealed during the '2020 KBS Drama Awards', piquing curiosity. 

Based off of the tale of Princess Pyeonggang and her husband Ondal of the Goguryeo dynasty, KBS2's 'River Where The Moon Rises' puts a dramatic, fictional spin on the classic tale by bringing viewers a heart-wrenching story about love and power struggles. Actress Kim So Hyun takes on the role of Princess Pyeonggang, a warrior princess of the people of Goguryeo. Opposite her, actor Ji Soo returns to the small-screen as Ondal, a soldier whose blind devotion to his lover earned him the nickname "Stupid Ondal" in the history books. In addition, actor Kang Ha Neul makes a special appearance as Ondal's father, general On Hyup

Curious to know more about the story of Pyeonggang and Ondal? KBS2's 'River Where The Moon Rises' officially premieres next year in February of 2021, after the currently airing Mon-Tues series 'Royal Secret Agent'!

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2020/12/kim-so-hyun-x-ji-soo-meet-up-as-a-warrior-princess-and-her-devoted-lover-in-special-teaser-for-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Kim So-hyun battles for Goguryeo in new teaser for River Where the Moon Rises

A new video teaser has been released for KBS’s upcoming sageuk River Where the Moon Rises, featuring actors Kim So-hyun (Tale of Nokdu), Ji-soo (When I Was the Most Beautiful, and Kang Haneul (When the Camellia Blooms).

As an adaptation of the Korean folktale, “Princess Pyeonggang and the Fool Ondal,” the drama is set during the historical period of Goguryeo with Kim So-hyun playing the central character Princess Pyeonggang while Ji-soo takes on the role of Ondal. The drama, however, deviates from the original folklore to give greater focus to the political conflict within Goguryeo. Kim So-hyun’s Princess Pyeonggang is an ambitious and trained warrior, fighting to restore the country’s greatness and become it’s next ruler.

In a supporting role, Kang Haneul plays Ji-soo’s father Onhyeop. The character is said to be an important figure in the drama’s story as one of Goguryeo’s most powerful people and will play an influential part in the early half of the drama.

The newly released teaser begins with Ji-soo first seeing Kim So-hyun in the woods; they have a classic meet-cute moment when Kim accidentally falls on top of him. They stop together at a cliffside where Kim So-hyun basks in the sun and gentle wind. Ji-soo smiles as he admires her beauty. A text screen appears introducing Ji-soo’s character, “The general who made history through his love story, Ondal.”

Cut to an older and somber Kang Haneul who scans the horizon and gives a small but sardonic smile before the camera cuts away. Elsewhere, we see Kim So-hyun racing on horseback towards a battle and fiercely takes part in the fight. The text screen introduces her as, “The princess whose life was devoted to Goguryeo, Pyeonggang.”,

The teaser comes to a close as it returns back to the woods where Ji-soo is with Kim So-hyun. He sadly embraces her in a hug and confesses, “You are my Goguryeo and my country.”

Writing for the drama is Han Ji-hoon (9.9 Billion Won Woman) and directing will be helmed by PD Yoon Sang-ho (Wind and Cloud and Rain, Different Dreams).

KBS’s next Monday-Tuesday drama River Where the Moon Rises is currently set to premiere in February 2021, following Secret Royal Inspector.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/kim-so-hyun-battles-for-goguryeo-in-new-teaser-for-river-where-the-moon-rises/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

10 Upcoming K-Dramas in 2021 to Save in Your Watch List

10 Upcoming K-Dramas in 2021 to Save in Your Watch List

So you’ve finally checked out every K-drama title on your list. What now? We know you’re ready to binge the next big series but with the amount of new shows that are about to be released next year, it might get pretty overwhelming. Don’t sweat it, though, we did the research for you!

Below, we’ve listed down 10 K-dramas coming in 2021 that you should definitely look forward to:

8. River Where the Moon Rises 

Born as a hidden princess but raised like a soldier, Pyeonggang is clever enough to do what it takes to be the first female leader of Goguryeo. Alongside her is On Dal, a peace-loving soldier who goes against his principles in order to protect her. In the war for power and love, an elite general named Go Geon longs to make Pyeonggang his while the Princess Mo Yong of Goguryeo fights to make the general hers.

Starring: Kim So Hyun, Kim Ji Soo, Lee Ji Hoon, Choi Yoo Hwa 

https://www.preview.ph/culture/10-upcoming-k-dramas-in-2021-to-save-in-your-watch-list-a2056-20201228

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun Feature in First Trailer for “River Where the Moon Rises”

Posted on January 4, 2021by Kay

River Where the Moon Rises Korean Drama - Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun

I’ve been looking forward to a trailer for the new Korean historical drama River Where the Moon Rises starring Ji Soo (When I Was the Most Beautiful) and Kim So Hyun (The Tale of Nokdu), and now we have one! It shows some great moments between our leads from sweet to sad. We also get a good bit of action. This looks great!

River Where the Moon Rises is set during the Goguryeo era and is about an ambitious princess (Kim So Hyun) who uses a foolish man’s (Ji Soo) feelings to her advantage and experiences conflicting emotions.

River Where the Moon Rises is scheduled to premiere in February on KBS.

Check out the trailer here: https://youtu.be/w2c6VftQndI

https://kdramakisses.com/2021/01/04/ji-soo-and-kim-so-hyun-in-feature-in-first-trailer-for-river-where-the-moon-rises/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I'm thrilled by the teaser! I live for these epic, gritty, romantic sageuks and I bet this will definitely satisfy my craving. I'm looking forward to both the MLs as well as seeing the FL in some real fighting scenes of her own. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Watch Kim So-Hyun Transformation into Goguryeo princess on the battlefield.

The first teaser of the upcoming historical Drama  “Riveere the Moon Rises” has been released.

The Upcoming Drama Starring Ji Soo, Kim Soo Hyun and Kang Ha Neul will tell about the Love Story between Gongju Pyeonggang (Kim So-Hyun), ambitious woman who wants to rule Goguryeo and Ondal (Ji-soo), a general who made love history, and the pure love of two young people who did not succumb to fate. It is a reinterpretation of the commonly known stories of Princess Pyeonggang and Ondal of Goguryeo folktale.

Kang Ha Neul will be played the role of General On Hyup, On Dal’s father, The teaser was first released at the 2020 KBS Drama Awards on December 31. The short video of about 40 seconds is already making prospective viewers’ hearts flutter.

Meanwhile, KBS 2’s new upcoming  Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” will be broadcast for the first time in February following “The Secret Investigation Team of the Joseon Dynasty.

https://mydramafans.com/watch-kim-so-hyun-transformation-into-goguryeo-princess-on-the-battlefield/

• Like 2
  • Blob 1