[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo Share Tender Bonding Moment In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” is a new drama that retells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

Spoilers

Pyeonggang and On Dal lost their parents in the same incident eight years ago, but fate made them cross paths again. The two slowly started to get closer and depend on each other. However, the fact that Pyeonggang’s father King Pyeongwon (Kim Bup Rae) was the one who caused the tragedy inevitably created conflict between them because their existence reminds them of that tragic day. On Dal especially had a difficult time because Pyeonggang happens to be the daughter of his enemy who killed his father.

On March 1, the drama unveiled stills of a rather peaceful moment between On Dal and Pyeonggang. Despite the heavy truth, the two enjoy a tender moment, and the warm atmosphere shields them in a sphere of tranquility.

In the photos, On Dal looks deeply troubled. Pyeonggang gazes at him for a long time before putting her hand on top of this. On Dal seems a bit surprised at her unexpected touch, and Pyeonggang gives him a warm smile that makes the viewers forget about their predicament for a moment. The two have been struggling with past incidents that they had no control over, so this peaceful time feels even more precious. What kind of concern is on On Dal’s mind, and how will these two overcome the barriers between them?

river-where-the-moon-rises.jpg

The drama’s production crew shared, “Pyeonggang and On Dal will leave their difficult past behind and slowly create a new future. Please look forward to the story of Pyeonggang and On Dal, who are forming a strong bond again after overcoming deep conflict.”

To find out what happens to them next, tune into the fifth episode that will air on March 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456929wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soo-share-tender-bonding-moment-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

i finally watched ep 5 ...i can't wait the subtitles...i loved all otp moments...

from the preview she'll return to the palace to save Dal...seems he was arrested  and she went for him even fought the guards...We'll see general GO kneeling in front of her and the foolish  king will hug her in front of everybody

• Blob 4

OMG! Okay me being a bad person and watching the preview for the next episode before watching the actual episode.... It looks like Pyeonggang is going to return back to the palace and meet her father! :cutekitty: Wow! This drama is really moving fast!

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, ferily said:

It looks like Pyeonggang is going to return back to the palace and meet her father!

seems so...is confirmed the chief of the assassins  wants both king and General Go father dead...too bad the men he sent failled to kill the old jerk

i think is strange that the chief chose Gajin friends for the task...what is he planning?he did sent the others to spy on them later and found about the village...

• Blob 4

Just finished episode 5, loved all the OTP scenes.:).

15 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You could be absolutely right here. So then again, if it like you said, and the dude is destined to die in the war, I don't really think I would mind it much. Sageuks all well known for such deaths, and for me, if the death makes sense, I am fine with it. Then again, I hope it won't happen.

There is also a chance that they might not actually show it, give us a happy ending and just mention that he died in a war against Shilla in the 590 AD. I am fine with either of it, they change it, or show it as it is. 

I prefer this. I want happy ending for our OTP

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Are that Gochuga and Queen Two having an affair?

i'm pretty sure they have...

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

And can Hot General and Sexy Witch kiss already?

good question!!!

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 1 episode of “River Where the Moon Rises” recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.5 and 8.8 percent. This is a strong lead over its competitors in the time slot, but a drop from its previous ratings of 10.0 percent.

Read more here: https://www.soompi.com/article/1457013wpp/river-where-the-moon-rises-stays-in-lead-despite-drop-in-ratings-l-u-c-a-the-beginning-sets-personal-best

They are still the best !!!Congratulations everybody!

• Thanks 3
  • Blob 3

Seems she will return to save her friends and maybe Dal!!!

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo Find Themselves In A Sticky Situation In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” is a new drama that retells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

Spoilers

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Tarajin (Kim Hee Jung) and Tarasan (Ryu Ui Hyun) were caught trying to kill Go Won Pyo (Lee Hae Young). The twins are Pyeonggang’s close friends, and the next episode will depict her teaming up with On Dal to save them.

The first set of stills show Tarajin and Tarasan bloodied and bruised as they await their execution. Tarajin seems to have accepted their impending doom, while Tarasan glares at someone with rage. Just when all hope is lost, Pyeonggang shows up to save them. She had promised On Dal she’d stop killing people, but she will have no choice but to resort to violence. On Dal appears wearing a mask, and his eyes shine with intense determination. His usual cheerful and clumsy demeanor is long gone, and he exudes charisma like never before.

river-where-the-moon-rises-1.jpg

The second stills depict a stormy encounter between Pyeonggang and Go Geon (Lee Ji Hoon).

Pyeonggang, who raided the execution site to save her friends, is in the middle of fighting against the government soldiers when Go Geun appears with a face that is darkened with complex emotions. As the top general of Goguryeo, it is Go Geun’s duty to fight against those who interfere with the execution process. Although he wants to protect Pyeonggang, his first love, he must stop her, and it will be heartbreaking to see him fighting between what he wants to do and what he needs to do.

river-where-the-moon-rises1.jpg

The next episode of “River Where the Moon Rises” airs on March 2 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

• Thanks 4
  • Blob 1

29 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Pre-release scene for tonight ep

AWESOME!!!Can't wait tonight ep with subtitles!!!i think the village chief advice was for her not to take revenge...and assassins chief wants her to take revenge and use her against the king...we already know he has his own agenda...we need to know who he is ...why he hates the king and Chief Go so much...he has a secret...

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Ep 7 preview is so sad...she told Dal that she can't leave she is back beeing a princess!!!The good thing is that she remembered about Old Go and new queen plot...the way she looked them !!!Let's the war begin!!!

i would like to know more about Hae Mo Yong ...she is somebody spy...is she working for Silla?Some sort of Mata Hari ?Today she wrote a secret letter to somebody

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo Find Themselves In A Sticky Situation In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Tarajin (Kim Hee Jung) and Tarasan (Ryu Ui Hyun) were caught trying to kill Go Won Pyo (Lee Hae Young). The twins are Pyeonggang’s close friends, and the next episode will depict her teaming up with On Dal to save them.

The first set of stills show Tarajin and Tarasan bloodied and bruised as they await their execution. Tarajin seems to have accepted their impending doom, while Tarasan glares at someone with rage. Just when all hope is lost, Pyeonggang shows up to save them. She had promised On Dal she’d stop killing people, but she will have no choice but to resort to violence. On Dal appears wearing a mask, and his eyes shine with intense determination. His usual cheerful and clumsy demeanor is long gone, and he exudes charisma like never before.

river-where-the-moon-rises-1.jpg

The second stills depict a stormy encounter between Pyeonggang and Go Geon (Lee Ji Hoon).

Pyeonggang, who raided the execution site to save her friends, is in the middle of fighting against the government soldiers when Go Geun appears with a face that is darkened with complex emotions. As the top general of Goguryeo, it is Go Geun’s duty to fight against those who interfere with the execution process. Although he wants to protect Pyeonggang, his first love, he must stop her, and it will be heartbreaking to see him fighting between what he wants to do and what he needs to do.

river-where-the-moon-rises1.jpg

The next episode of “River Where the Moon Rises” airs on March 2 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457082wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soo-find-themselves-in-a-sticky-situation-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

i would like to know more about Hae Mo Yong ...she is somebody spy...is she working for Silla?Some sort of Mata Hari ?Today she wrote a secret letter to somebody

Seems to have relationship with everyone.Maybe she  is from Sunno tribe like Ondal. Why ı thought like that ı don't know :)

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/03/01/ga-jin-and-ondal-play-house-while-go-geun-is-acting-in-his-one-man-melo-in-episode-5-of-river-where-the-moon-rises-with-ratings-of-6-5-8-8/

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Seems to have relationship with everyone.Maybe she  is from Sunno tribe like Ondal. Why ı thought like that ı don't know

she is a very complex character...she hides something...has a secret past...that old man is her adoptive father and thinks she is helping him and his tribe ...i wonder who her familly is/was...i even thought she might be Gajin chief spy or daughter...i don't know why i have a strong feeling she is working for another country...

• Insightful 3

17 minutes ago, andy78 said:

she is a very complex character...she hides something...has a secret past...that old man is her adoptive father and thinks she is helping him and his tribe ...i wonder who her familly is/was...i even thought she might be Gajin chief spy or daughter...i don't know why i have a strong feeling she is working for another country...

I hope she will be on the princess side and  work with Gajin . It would be nice to see two strong women fighting together against the enemy .

1 minute ago, backstreetboysfan said:

She goes back to save her friends and Dal Oh.

Yes she had to admit that she was a princes to save Ondal.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1