[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

[Naver TV] ‘River Where The Moon Rises’ Episode 2 Comments and Reaction

Ji Soo’s actions which made the heart of Kim Sohyun, who gave the thieves both the poison and medicine, flutter 

1. [+107][-1] The ratings are incredible. I sincerely hope this drama becomes more successful 

2. [+98][-4] Both Ondal, who told her to heal the thieves, and Gajin, who did as she was told, are so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+75][-3] I nearly died from how cute Ji Soo and Sohyun were today ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+70][-3] Sohyun, the killer, is so pretty

5. [+62][-1] Giving both poison and medicine ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even the thieves were confused

Goguryeo’s King, Kim Publae, goes insane after seeing Pyonggang Kim Sohyun

1. [+106][-4] Sohyun is acting as a ghost now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+68][-1] Father, please get a hold of yourself…

3. [+67][-1] With her gaze as Queen Yeon, she manages to portray a whole new person when she’s playing Gajin. She was already good but Sohyun’s acting has definitely improved!

4. [+59][-2] Sohyun is so beautiful ♡♡

5. [+47][-1] When she was a ghost? An illusion? She looked so pretty ㅋ

*Heartbreak Warning* Become a fool and live a peaceful life’ Kang Haneul’s last words to young Ondal

1. [+343][-1] For Kang Haneul to only feature as a special appearance, his presence is too great… ㅠ

2. [+255][-1] There’s a reason why they cast Kang Haneul…

3. [+207][-1] Of course, Kang Haneul!! His heaviness was excellent to watch

4. [+188][-2] Kang Haneul… He was only briefly in it as Onhyeob but his acting left so many clues to backstories… He’s so good at acting

5. [+169][-6] You said Kang Haneul-nim will be playing a supporting role… Why did you kill him… I was hoping for him to survive and all three of them doing an action scene together ㅠㅠㅠ

Tough woman Kim Sohyun  who chooses not to kill Ji Soo and seriously tries to seduce (?) him! 

1. [+314][-4] Kim Sohyun and Kim Heejung were best friends in the 2015 drama ‘Who Are You: School’ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ That was already 6 years ago. Sohyun was playing two roles in that drama as well

2. [+199][-4] Gajin’s friend ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Now let’s be on the same team as Ondal and regain your position ㅠㅠ

3. [+197][-8] The storyline is strong and it moves fast-paced – it’s so fun ㅠㅠ The chemistry between the male and female lead is already great as well

4. [+176][-1] At least Pyonggang has good friends  I hope she recovers her memories and lives happily with Ondal

5. [+155][-1] For people who have scary jobs, they are so cute ㅋㅋ

https://netizen-kore.com/2021/02/naver-tv-river-where-the-moon-rises-episode-2-comments-and-reaction.html

• Like 2
  • Blob 6

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

I am not sure Go Geon 's father is in this plan.He always want to kill the king and he would be glad if someone else did this job for him.That's why he stopped Gogeon.If someone else make this ,he would easily take the throne .

But ı think the master of Gajin wants to get rid off the king and Gajin . He hates Goguryeo and with this plan he wants to kill the king and the princess. Maybe he wants to revenge  for the king ,because the king killed the innocent monks .

Yeah I thought about GG’s father being the mastermind but if he wanted GJ to kill the king then what about the note?   The note had to have been “planted” by someone who wanted to stop the assassination?  Kinda risky, GG may not have picked it up.

Assuming it’s planted, then my money is on this guy (he was dressed in white at the ritual and looked terribly uncomfortable), he was at the planning meeting with GG’s father.  The one where they mentioned taking over the Palace.

spacer.png

Does the master of GJ know she’s the Princess?  It sounded like she was picked up by him to raise and he passed her onto her “father”.  Her “father” gave her pills which I would assume actually dulled her ability to recall her past?   That’s why her memories started to come back because they were jarred by her Palace visit and also due to her losing her stash of pills.  So maybe the master knew.  And wanted her to stay in her amnesiac state so she won’t be swayed by family ties when he gets her to kill her own father.  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

Watch: Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo Get Playful Behind The Scenes Of “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” released a behind-the-scenes look at the action!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” tells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

The video begins on the battlefield, where Kim So Hyun endures the cold weather to film her action scenes. She also films while sitting atop a horse and protests that it’s too difficult, but she soon smiles and perfectly executes the awkward motion of pretending to ride the horse that’s standing still. Next, Ji Soo puts his all into his fight scene, but filming comes to a halt when the head of his opponent’s ax unexpectedly flies off.

Kim-So-Hyun7.jpg

Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun play around before their scene, with Ji Soo shimmying his shoulders as if he is mocking the way she gets struck by an arrow. He grows serious once filming begins but is unable to pick up the fallen Kim So Hyun, which makes her burst into laughter. They continue their light-hearted banter in another scene where they bump heads, and Kim So Hyun declares, “Let’s see whose head will get a bruise!” When Kim So Hyun is told to hit his mouth, Ji Soo extends his lips, causing Kim So Hyun to lift her hand in retaliation to a chorus of laughter from the surrounding staff.

Kim So Hyun works hard filming a scene where she falls into a trap, maintaining her professional demeanor even when dirt gets stuck in her eye. Later she excitedly plays with the puppy on set and films a comedic scene together with Ji Soo and Hwang Young Hee. Afterwards, Kim So Hyun can’t seem to stop laughing even though she is in the midst of a serious exchange with Han Jae Young.

Kim-So-Hyun-12.jpg

Next, Kim So Hyun’s young counterpart Heo Jung Eun practices her swordsmanship with Kim Bup Rae, still managing to smile despite the sub-zero temperatures. Ji Soo’s child counterpart Seo Dong Hyun also steps into a freezing cold pond for his scene, professionally sticking to his role and climbing up to the shore although icicles have formed in his hair.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454894wpp/watch-kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soo-get-playful-behind-the-scenes-of-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, elan1 said:

I love them too! They’re twins :heart:

Thanks! I didn't realise they were twins ^_^

9 hours ago, Breeze said:

I am not sure Go Geon 's father is in this plan.He always want to kill the king and he would be glad if someone else did this job for him.That's why he stopped Gogeon.If someone else make this ,he would easily take the throne .

But ı think the master of Gajin wants to get rid off the king and Gajin . He hates Goguryeo and with this plan he wants to kill the king and the princess. Maybe he wants to revenge  for the king ,because the king killed the innocent monks .

I agree.  I don't think it was his dad who has behind the note.  He wants the King dead so he would want the assassin to succeed and wouldn't have put that in jeopardy by letting someone know about an assassination attempt. 

My guess is the mysterious female second lead, Mo Yong, is behind the note.  The character description mentions she has the gift of foresight.

Ga Jin's master is another mysterious guy whose motives we need to discover.  Who is he?  Why does he hate the King (From what we have seen of the King there are a hundred reasons lmao:lol: but what are his specific reasons?)  Why did he choose Ga
Jin and go to the effort of suppressing her memories for years, training her up and creating a new identity for her?

• Insightful 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Ga Jin's master is another mysterious guy whose motives we need to discover.  Who is he?  Why does he hate the King (From what we have seen of the King there are a hundred reasons lmao:lol: but what are his specific reasons?)  Why did he choose Ga
Jin and go to the effort of suppressing her memories for years, training her up and creating a new identity for her?

very good questions...maybe he is the general that became a monk later...nobody knows where he is...the foolish king wanted him dead...and i hope there will be a way to prove she is the king daughter...a birthmark something...

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

My new struggle in this Yoon Sang Ho PD Drama is the male lead. He's the weakest point of this drama. Even Yang Se Jong, who did the child version in Saimdang and the junior professor being Saimdang as his first drama, did well. Ji Soo? I hope he can pull off.. But as of episode two, I might not like the words I would comment about him. Weakest. I wont take it back.

Congratulations to Lee Hae Young for nailing that Go Won Pyo on the first  week episodes. Ehh.. I cant wait for more scenes. From an ambitious lieutenant general with conflicted paternal love towards the female lead to another ambitious royal tribe member.... My co-Imong fans are excited to see your evil plans as Lord Go, Papa Hiroshi!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

18 hours ago, Breeze said:

BTS video of ep 1,2

Thanks so much for posting ^_^

It's looks soooo cold:tired: Poor cast and crew.  Hopefuly, the good ratings and response will warm them up a little.

LMAO at how they made it look like the horse was galloping fast and it was just KSH acting and the horse in the same place.  These making videos can really kill the magic sometimes!:lol:

Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun have really good chemistry on and off screen.  I think it definitely helps they already know each other.

I take it back!  Clearly the OTP of this drama is Ga Jin + puppy:love:  Sorry On Dal!:lol::lol::lol:

I was hoping to get some Kang Ha Neul as General Onyeop and KSY as Queen Yeon making video:cry:  They were both so cool and charismatic. For the brief time we saw her character KSY did very well playing her character with maturity and gravitas. I could genuinely believe she was a mother of two with heavy responsibilities and sad memories of her past.  And it was such an awesome surprise when she started fighting too!

Random but I always confuse Kim Jung Young, the actress playing Pyeonggang's nanny, with the actress, Kim Yeo Jin.

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

For lots of people On Dal is the weakest character of this drama... I guess its off putting for some of you because he’s such a ”fool” , and that’s understandable. However, I like him. He’s a good person as already shown when he was concerned about the deer (probably most people during that time era couldn’t care less about animals , if they were in pain).Anyways, he won’t be stuck as just a ”fool” forever. Can’t wait for the love story between On Dal and Pyongggang to start ~ 

As for Pyeonggang , I have nothing more to add...she is such a badass!! This must be Kim So Hyun’s best role ever. 

I was horrified when On Dal’s nanny(?) did what she did to her eyes, wasn’t there less dramatic ways to stop On Dal? Neverthless, all deepest respect to her. 

I am loving this drama, so far I have nothing to complain about ~

• Like 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Breeze said:

Agree! Tho I don’t know the chief’s reason for hating Goguryeo unless he’s part of the monk tribe and wants to avenge.

2 hours ago, seunhyel said:

My new struggle in this Yoon Sang Ho PD Drama is the male lead. He's the weakest point of this drama. Even Yang Se Jong, who did the child version in Saimdang and the junior professor being Saimdang as his first drama, did well. Ji Soo? I hope he can pull off.. But as of episode two, I might not like the words I would comment about him. Weakest. I wont take it back. 

On the contrary I think jisoo’s doing a good job and he really fits his character well. The king’s acting tho, he seems to overact.

Can already see GG and GJ’s chemistry in that brief swordplay:wub:

Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun have really good chemistry on and off screen.  I think it definitely helps they already know each other.

I take it back!  Clearly the OTP of this drama is Ga Jin + puppy Sorry On Dal!:lol::lol::lol:

I felt more sorry for her dog:lol:

• LOL 3

14 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

For lots of people On Dal is the weakest character of this drama... I guess its off putting for some of you because he’s such a ”fool” , and that’s understandable. However, I like him. He’s a good person as already shown when he was concerned about the deer (probably most people during that time era couldn’t care less about animals , if they were in pain).Anyways, he won’t be stuck as just a ”fool” forever. Can’t wait for the love story between On Dal and Pyongggang to start ~ 

I agree with you and @yeli That's one of the resons I am impressed with Ji Soo because it's not an easy character to play and make appealing.  The prospect of a lead male who is a slow idiot doesn't exactly make the heart flutter. 

I think the writing and Ji Soo have done a good job of making it so you can see why others would think he is dumb but you can still see in his actions and words that he has his own quiet wisdom and charm.  It's actually made me relieved they cast younger than the original choice for the more mature Kang Ha Neul. I think On Dal's attitude is more believable in a youthful looking actor compared to a more mature actor when it would make him seem...um...slow for lack of a better word. 

14 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

I was horrified when On Dal’s nanny(?) did what she did to her eyes, wasn’t there less dramatic ways to stop On Dal? Neverthless, all deepest respect to her. 

That scene was horrible.  I thought it was a bit over the top to force him to stay with them.  There were enough of the tribe left that they could have just restrained a young boy and taken him forcibly away until he calmed down without the nanny having to mutilate herself!

14 hours ago, yeli said:

I felt more sorry for her dog:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That tweet is too funny!  Poor Mongsukie.

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

20 hours ago, Breeze said:

Those are interesting thoughts! And it sounds plausible :)

19 hours ago, nrllee said:

Assuming it’s planted, then my money is on this guy (he was dressed in white at the ritual and looked terribly uncomfortable), he was at the planning meeting with GG’s father.  The one where they mentioned taking over the Palace.

Interesting, maybe it was planted by him. Or maybe the “monk” who supposedly have an affair with the queen planted it. Or maybe the 2FL :lol:

18 hours ago, Firefly said:

i want to comment that Kim So Hyun's acting is superb since she was young. It is just she has amazing chemistry with some actors and hasnt with some actors. 

Ikr She’s amazing! This is such a challenging role :)

12 hours ago, raziela said:

My guess is the mysterious female second lead, Mo Yong, is behind the note.  The character description mentions she has the gift of foresight.

Those are very good thoughts and good questions :) I can’t wait to see how the story unfolds 

3 hours ago, raziela said:

LMAO at how they made it look like the horse was galloping fast and it was just KSH acting and the horse in the same place.  These making videos can really kill the magic sometimes!:lol:

ikr I died :joy:

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Clearly the OTP of this drama is Ga Jin + puppy

very funny lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

2 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

However, I like him. He’s a good person as already shown when he was concerned about the deer (probably most people during that time era couldn’t care less about animals , if they were in pain).Anyways, he won’t be stuck as just a ”fool” forever. Can’t wait for the love story between On Dal and Pyongggang to start ~ 

I actually love him too! He’s perfect for this character :love:

That scene was horrible.  I thought it was a bit over the top to force him to stay with them.  There were enough of the tribe left that they could have just restrained a young boy and taken him forcibly away until he calmed down without the nanny having to mutilate herself!

true a little over the top but at the same time it shows how much she loves ondal and how strong her loyalty is to ondal father, that’s she’ll willing to give up everything to remain loyal and faithful :heart:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

As for Pyeonggang , I have nothing more to add...she is such a badass!! This must be Kim So Hyun’s best role ever. 

I AGREE WITH YOU...The FOOL is just a mask...we know one day he will take it off and become a general and his tribe leader...he must do it  if he wants to help and protect Pyeonggang , his nanny did call him my prince...i think most of the people forget  he is one of 5 tribes leaders ,he is his father heir...

• Insightful 4

On Dal has taken his father's words to heart. General On Hyeob has said (something along the lines of): before you fight/kill, you must learn to save a life. Ergo, every life is precious. This has been one of the last things Dal's father said to him. That is what he has immersed himself with the past 8 years since his father's gruesome death, helping others, saving lifes.

Also his father taught him, do not seek revenge, because it will lead to blood bath.

You don't have to fight to be strong. You need to know when to let go (of obsessions, vices). Fighting alone doesn't make you strong. So I object to people calling Dal a weak character. Actually, it takes far more strength to be optimistic and happy, than to be miserable and keep fighting. 

Dal is not a fool, he is acting like one - though I haven't seen him being ACTUALLY stupid, when encountering other people. Sure, people may think Ga Jin is a killer, so he shouldn't have saved her and brought her to his house. However, he recognised she is not a coldblooded killer. All she needs is kindness in her life, as her life has been rough. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5

16 minutes ago, agenth said:

Sure, people may think Ga Jin is a killer, so he shouldn't have saved her and brought her to his house. However, he recognised she is not a coldblooded killer. All she needs is kindness in her life, as her life has been rough. 

well said!!!one more thing we know they 'll change each other life...after her father the next king will be her brother...i'll bet she'll understand that to get the crown will have to kill her brothers ...And she did loved her brother a lot!!!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1