[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

11 hours ago, elan1 said:

:joy: OMG lol I ship him with queen :heart:  

I am looking forward to their scenes together. They make a much better couple to look at than the Queen with the King:sweat_smile:

10 hours ago, Breeze said:

Trailer is

YES!  This is what I wanted to see! Like i said before it is so long since i saw an epic, beautifully shot historical K-drama like this and with a fierce female lead AND set in Goguryeo period.  Sign me up!:evilelmo:

4 hours ago, Breeze said:

And VC uptade

Glad it is trending so well.  What does this update mean?

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Ji Soo, Kim So Hyun, And More Talk About Their “River Where The Moon Rises” Characters, Share Ratings Promise, And More

The cast of “River Where the Moon Rises” took part in a press conference on February 15, the day of the show’s premiere!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” tells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

Kim So Hyun shared at the press conference, “The script was really interesting and the director’s previous projects were also historical dramas with weight so I decided to join the cast.” She said, “I think that I’ll be able to show a tough version of myself that I haven’t shown before through the historical drama action and her transformation from Yeom Ga Jin into the princess.”

“Pyeonggang is the very definition of strength,” she said. “She strongly, step by step, creates Goguyreo. That’s why On Dal is a very shocking person to Pyeonggang. Look out for how she changes after she meets On Dal.” Princess Pyeonggang is also the soldier Yeom Ga Jin, and Kim So Hyun commented, “Yeom Ga Jin is like a thorn. She pricks herself, rather than others.”

Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo previously acted together in the 2016 mini-drama “Page Turner.” The actress said, “In ‘Page Turner,’ I played a role where I was scolding Ji Soo and teaching him. In this one too, we have a bickering chemistry so I was able to have fun while filming because it felt comfortable.”

kim-so-hyun-ji-soo3.jpg

Ji Soo takes the role of On Dal, and he said that he’s enjoyed the story of Princess Pyeonggang and On Dal since he was young. “I was interested in it because it seemed like a Korean version of a story like ‘Beauty and the Beast,'” he said. “I was curious about On Dal’s story and wanted to portray him.” The actor went on to say that he’d joined the cast because he felt connected to the character and felt a sense of kinship with him.

“I’ve been asked by a lot of people if he’s really an idiot, but he appears like an idiot because he’s so pure and kind,” said Ji Soo. “I think that honestly On Dal would be tough. I think he’d be the kind of person who’s warm to the people he sees as his own.” He said, “He’s someone who begins a new life after meeting Pyeonggang.”

Ji Soo also said that between “Page Turner” and their new drama, he and Kim So Hyun had met by chance when they were both in Singapore, where they’d even happened to be staying in the same hotel. “Since we kept meeting each other by chance, I thought that we’d meet through a project later,” he said. He shared that he’d told Kim So Hyun that if they worked together on the story of Princess Pyeonggang and On Dal, it would be a hit.

Lee Ji Hoon takes the role of Go Geon, the top elite general of Goguryeo. He said about his character, “He’s prickly on the outside but soft on the inside, and he’s only got eyes for Pyeonggang. For now.”

“I look elite because of the costumes team, director, camera operators, and all the staff,” he said. When asked about having a one-sided love for Princess Pyeonggang, Lee Ji Hoon replied, “No, I’ll win her.” Kim So Hyun made everyone laugh when she said, “I can’t be won easily.”

ji-soo-kim-so-hyun-lee-ji-hoon.png

On his co-star Choi Yoo Hwa, who plays Hae Mo Yong, he said that she makes others feel comfortable. “I always feel comfortable with her and she’s also very considerate when we’re acting, and we eat together too,” he said.

Choi Yoo Hwa said, “I don’t think of Hae Mo Yong as a bad person. A firefly comes to mind. I think she has a warm aura. I don’t see her as an evil woman.” On her chemistry with Lee Ji Hoon, she said, “I think it’s great. He’s very sweet and considerate, so we’re filming comfortably.”

Kim So Hyun also said, “The unique charm of ‘River Where the Moon Rises’ is its action scenes. The pacing is great and it creates tension. I think viewers will be able to enjoy watching.”

When asked about their viewership ratings goal, Director Yoon Sang Ho shared, “I think it’s a drama that men and women of all ages can enjoy. Ji Soo recently said that he thinks it could surpass 20 percent. I hope it does.”

Lee Ji Hoon said, “If we surpass 20 percent, then we’ll switch clothes with our co-stars, like me wearing Hae Mo Yong’s clothes and Ji Soo wearing Pyeonggang’s clothes, and we’ll do a dance and upload it.”

The director also shared his gratitude to Kang Ha Neul, who makes a special appearance in the drama. “There’s still filming left, but Kang Ha Neul’s performance is dazzling,” he said.

“River Where the Moon Rises” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Ji Soo, Kim So Hyun, And More Talk About Their “River Where The Moon Rises” Characters, Share Ratings Promise, And More

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454523wpp/ji-soo-kim-so-hyun-and-more-talk-about-their-river-where-the-moon-rises-characters-share-ratings-promise-and-more

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

6 hours ago, raziela said:

Strong ratings for the first episode 6.5/9.4% :smiley: Let's hope it stays strong and goes up! 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000400925

that is super strong ratings for first episode, for a kbs drama :)

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

the first episode was really good!:).

Omg! I’m happy you love it! I will watch it later today :) 

6 hours ago, andy78 said:

i loved ep 1...i can't wait next ep...but is she the king daughter ?seems her mom loved another man...the man that became a monk...

I can’t wait to watch first episode! I’m glad you loved it too :) 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454556wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soos-river-where-the-moon-rises-kicks-off-with-high-ratings

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo’s “River Where The Moon Rises” Kicks Off With High Ratings

Feb 15, 2021
by C. Hong
On February 15, KBS 2TV’s new drama “River Where the Moon Rises” made its premiere!

“River Where the Moon Rises” stars Kim So Hyun as Princess Pyeonggang and Ji Soo as On Dal in a reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale. Kim So Hyun also plays the role of Pyeonggang’s mother, Queen Yeon, while Kang Ha Neul will make a special appearance in the drama as On Dal’s father, General On Hyup.

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere episode of “River Where the Moon Rises” recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.5 and 9.4 percent. This is higher than the premiere ratings of “Royal Secret Agent,” the previous KBS drama that aired in this time slot. However, “Royal Secret Agent” started with ratings of 5.0 percent and went on to finish on a personal best of 14.0 percent.

It was a successful night for KBS overall—in an earlier time slot, Lee So Yeon and Choi Yeo Jin‘s new daily drama “Miss Monte-Cristo” premiered to ratings of 14.6 percent. This is higher than the premiere ratings of the previous daily drama in this time slot, “A Man in a Veil” (10.4 percent).

On tvN, “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” recorded ratings of 5.348 percent, a slight drop from last week. On JTBC, “She Would Never Know” recorded ratings of 1.816 percent, a slight rise from last week.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i loved ep 1...i can't wait next ep...but is she the king daughter ?seems her mom loved another man...the man that became a monk...

I think that just King imagination while reading the fake letter in Queen's chamber... Since the monk and the queen from the same tribe, Jeollo, i think they are siblings or childhood friend

• Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

Loved loved loved it.

Sweeping camera work. Mournful lament like music.  Fast and furious ride.  The characters are introduced quickly and some dispensed with just as quickly.  

There is a heinous plot.

There is a suspect pregnancy.

There is a childhood promise.

There is a precocious Princess.

There is a fateful meeting (or 2).

There’s good parenting (hello, you have been missed).

There’s good old fashioned morals.

There’s amnesia (hello my old friend).

The lines of good and evil are clearly drawn despite the flurry of activity jammed in one episode.  We know straight away who is on which side.  The scene is set as it looks like we’re going back to Hobbiton in the next few eps to slow everything down.  Far from the chaos of Palace politics.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

48 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Loved loved loved it.

Sweeping camera work. Mournful lament like music.  Fast and furious ride.  The characters are introduced quickly and some dispensed with just as quickly.  

There is a heinous plot.

The lines of good and evil are clearly drawn despite the flurry of activity jammed in one episode.  We know straight away who is on which side.  The scene is set as it looks like we’re going back to Hobbiton in the next few eps to slow everything down.  Far from the chaos of Palace politics.  

OMG thank you so much for your review! Well written and lots of insights :) 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

49 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Loved loved loved it.

There is a heinous plot.

Aww this review makes my heart flutter. From an avid of the PD, it means a lot. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

the first episode was really good!.

Yes! Was like watching a movie. And now I know why that actor from Startup said it was like a Korean GOT:D

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Strong ratings for the first episode 6.5/9.4% Let's hope it stays strong and goes up! 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000400925

Here’s hoping we’ll reach double digit ratings tonight so we’ll see them fulfill their ratings promise:glasses:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Loved the first episode. I'm hoping for a unforgettable drama. I am sad that Kang Ha Neul is just a special cameo. I love his acting! Hope we get a few flashback scenes of Oh Dal's childhood so that I can see the dad. :loveu:. I remember how I got goosebumps watching him in Missing Noir M. Ji Soo is great too. He captured everyone's hearts in Angry mom.

Love a strong female lead.  Women power!:Fist1:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, faye406 said:

I think that just King imagination while reading the fake letter in Queen's chamber... Since the monk and the queen from the same tribe, Jeollo, i think they are siblings or childhood friend

I think the same with you. The king imagination this because of jealousy .

3 hours ago, yeli said:

Yes! Was like watching a movie. And now I know why that actor from Startup said it was like a Korean GOT:D

And he is a monk :)))

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

Pleasant pilot (as expected), because the flow of the story became kind of visible to me (its heartbreaking again why that plot) plus the power war (the characters!!) and the romance has not even started yet so another to look forward.. and the characters!! I'm intrigued with their thoughts. 

Congratulations Yoon PD and the team! 

Hahahaha I'm excited to hate him!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, Sunset said:

Loved the first episode. I'm hoping for a unforgettable drama. I am sad that Kang Ha Neul is just a special cameo. I love his acting! Hope we get a few flashback scenes of Oh Dal's childhood so that I can see the dad.. I remember how I got goosebumps watching him in Missing Noir M. Ji Soo is great too. He captured everyone's hearts in Angry mom.

Love a strong female lead.  Women power!

Thank you for your review :) yes women power! Strong physically and mentally :heart: I love it too!

Oooof our princess is in trouble :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2