[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Aww, our Princess Pyeong Gang and On Dal!

But I hope there will be a clearer version tho huhu

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

So, there will scenes with Kang Ha Neul and Kim So hyun as General On Hyeop and Queen Yeon?

I'm excited!:wub:

credit to the owner

Ughh, this is so sad! Poor On Dal and Princess Pyeong Gang.

And they will meet again after they grown up and then their love story begin!

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Yes, the upgrade!

Can't wait to see Kim So Hyun as the awesome warrior!:wub: 

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs/Twitter in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 4

On 2/5/2021 at 12:19 PM, Breeze said:

“River Were the Moon Rises” A four-member poster of the drama has been unveiled.

Hmmm...it's fine but it's very plain.  Just pasting a bunch of character stills together.  To be honest, I've been disappointed with most of the posters for the drama.  It feels like they have barely put any effort in.  All these amazing costumes, beautiful people and, most importantly, the dual personalities of our leads and the posters are so unimaginative  Even the fanmade poster @Breeze posted is more creative because it shows two different sides to the Princess. I feel like whomever is in charge of graphic design for the drama posters could have made more effort to catch people's attention.

Editerd to add: I liked these posters. Attractive, unique and eye-catching

https://mydramalist.com/photos/0j1RY_3

https://mydramalist.com/photos/r7OzZ_3

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, enzek said:

our Princess Pyeong Gang and On Dal!

But I hope there will be a clearer version tho huh

they look so good together :)

3 hours ago, enzek said:

So, there will scenes with Kang Ha Neul and Kim So hyun as General On Hyeop and Queen Yeon?

I’m jumping in excitement :love:

3 hours ago, enzek said:

Ughh, this is so sad! Poor On Dal and Princess Pyeong Gang.

And they will meet again after they grown up and then their love story begin!

I’m waiting :)

3 hours ago, enzek said:

Yes, the upgrade!

Can't wait to see Kim So Hyun as the awesome warr

no lie there :glasses:

7 minutes ago, raziela said:

Hmmm...it's fine but it's very plain.  Just pasting a bunch of character stills together.  To be honest, I've been disappointed with most of the posters for the drama.  It feels like they have barely put any effort in.  All these amazing costumes, beautiful people and, most importantly, the dual personalities of our leads and the posters are so unimaginative  Even the fanmade poster @Breeze posted is more creative because it shows two different sides to the Princess. I feel like whomever is in charge of graphic design for the drama posters could have made more effort to catch people's attention.

Editerd to add: I liked these posters. Unique and eye-catching

i also wish the posters were better but it’s okay as long as the drama is good :) also most dramas posters are plain too in general :joy:

Spoiler

403-E51-F7-0604-4-EE4-B2-D5-FC393-D17-FF

Spoiler

3274716-B-6876-49-DD-9-FD3-04-EB5-EDD8-F

@raziela hahaha 

• Blob 3

FAC5-C9-C6-9-CB0-4375-956-D-59-C5-C72-C3

56165749-2-F2-A-4164-BE48-E3343-BB406-D2
Cr. to leehae0 IG

Go Geon and Go Won Pyo, good looking genes run in the Go family it seems.

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Tho someone from twitter pointed out these also looks like they were edited in a photo app:sweat_smile:
Among the posters, this one is my favorite.

https://mydramalist.com/photos/eK3On_4

6 hours ago, enzek said:

Yes, the upgrade!

Can't wait to see Kim So Hyun as the awesome warrior!:wub: 

IKR, Princess Pyeonggang and assassin Yeom Ga Jin:glasses:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Not gonna lie, but i dont feel weird with King Pyongwon X Queen Yeon ship if he still Kim Buprae :sweat_smile: because age gap is common in sageuk and sso look mature in queen attire. But it will be huge surprise if we get cameo for young king haha. Kim minjae, maybe. LOL

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Hmmm... i think it still okay, my favorite is still first poster. :love: But i hope too they could make more effort to the 4 individual poster that they release last time. It will be a bit better if they use the photos in kbs website (sso with princess attire and ondal with general attire). But i think it not final poster, lso ets wait for the final poster and hope it will be amazing.

1 hour ago, yeli said:

I love every Go Geon attire :love: well, it just perfect for his character. And LHY is such a handsome ahjussi. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, Rima Ajeng Nur Raihan said:

But it will be huge surprise if we get cameo for young king haha. Kim minjae, maybe. LOL

manifesting! Kim min jae please! :wub:

16 hours ago, Rima Ajeng Nur Raihan said:

think it still okay, my favorite is still first poster.

me too, I like the orange poster the beat :) 

ninja sohyun :bawling::glasses:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, elan1 said:

i also wish the posters were better but it’s okay as long as the drama is good :) also most dramas posters are plain too in general :joy:

The King poster was lazy too. I didn't like it when it was released either:lol:  The Crash Landing on You poster is quite good because it still tells a story with the two different sides with North Korea and South korea scenery and couples from either side. Hyun Bin in rigid military outfit and conservative Seo Ji Hye contrast with Son Ye jin looking all luxurious and carefree in red, fashionable outfit and Kim Jung Hyun casual and fashionable and casual.

20 hours ago, yeli said:

His dad is handsome!  The fathers in the drama might get as many fangirls as their sons haha:relaxed:

20 hours ago, yeli said:

Tho someone from twitter pointed out these also looks like they were edited in a photo app:sweat_smile:
Among the posters, this one is my favorite.

https://mydramalist.com/photos/eK3On_4

It isn't amazing but at least it felt like they made some sort of effort.  I thought they were trying for a illustrated storybook feeling as the original is a famous tale.  I like the poster you posted to but it's just not giving the potential viewer anything besides two (very attractive!) people staring at each other. 

Just comparing to the posters for the predecessor in this time slot "Royal Secret Agent" which are eye-catching and related to the story narrative:

Spoiler

WzOxp_3f.jpg

Spoiler

B53Vq_4f.jpg

I wonder why this drama didn't have a poster shoot?

@elan1Thanks!  she looks so cool in those stills:glasses:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

The King poster was lazy too. I didn't like it when it was released either:lol:  The Crash Landing on You poster is quite good because it still tells a story with the two different sides with North Korea and South korea scenery and couples from either side. Hyun Bin in rigid military outfit and conservative Seo Ji Hye contrast with Son Ye jin looking all luxurious and carefree in red, fashionable outfit and Kim Jung Hyun casual and fashionable and casual.

His dad is handsome!  The fathers in the drama might get as many fangirls as their sons haha:relaxed:

It isn't amazing but at least it felt like they made some sort of effort.  I thought they were trying for a illustrated storybook feeling as the original is a famous tale.  I like the poster you posted to but it's just not giving the potential viewer anything besides two (very attractive!) people staring at each other. 

Just comparing to the posters for the predecessor in this time slot "Royal Secret Agent" which are eye-catching and related to the story narrative:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder why this drama didn't have a poster shoot?

@elan1Thanks!  she looks so cool in those stills:glasses:

That’s a good detail explanation of cloy poster :) I suppose it was plain to me because it looked kind of similar to love from another star poster :D

Spoiler

3-B0-A8-F9-D-9-F40-4-AE3-9940-DC048268-E

Spoiler

16-F99519-C076-4-CDC-8629-30-AC52-EBAC8-

I agree the fathers will get heart eyes from the girls watching too :joy:

elan1Thanks!  she looks so cool in those stills:glasses:

Ikr she looks stellar :relaxed:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Blob 1

Kim So Hyun Transitions Seamlessly Between Warrior And Princess In “River Where The Moon Rises”

Kim So Hyun will have the chance to channel multiple characters on “River Where the Moon Rises”!

A fusion historical romance drama, it depicts the unyielding love of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and general On Dal (Ji Soo). It has emerged as one of the most anticipated projects of the first half of 2021 due to its high-profile cast and production team.

With a week left until the premiere, new stills of Kim So Hyun have been revealed.

As Pyeonggang, she will be going back and forth between being a princess and a relentless warrior. Her reinterpretation of the character from the classic Goguryeo folk tale is set to challenge the existing notion of Princess Pyeonggang.

kim-so-hyun2.jpg

“River Where the Moon Rises” is the first time Kim So Hyun will be channeling characters from all across the spectrum in one project. She will play the dual roles of Queen Yeon and her daughter Princess Pyeonggang, but Princess Pyeonggang is also a soldier named Yeom Ga Jin, and a difference between the two personas had to be established.

kim-so-hyun11.jpg

In order to convey various aspects of Pyeonggang, Kim So Hyun made clear differences in the details of her tone of speech and expression of emotions. She also put in much effort to make her sword fight stunts seamless, such as watching action videos countless times and learning from stunt actors.

kim-so-hyun21.jpg

The production team commented, “The Pyeonggang of our drama is completely different from the crybaby Princess Pyeonggang we are familiar with. We are confident that Pyeonggang, an upright and bold princess and cynical warrior who becomes a naive young adult when it comes to love, will be a monumental character in Kim So Hyun’s filmography as well as in the lineage of female leads in Korean historical dramas.” They added, “It was possible thanks to Kim So Hyun’s solid base in acting. We hope you can wait for the show in anticipation of Kim So Hyun taking on a new challenge.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere on February 15 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453052wpp/kim-so-hyun-transitions-seamlessly-between-warrior-and-princess-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

9 hours ago, elan1 said:

ninja sohyun :bawling::glasses:

Hahahahaha it make me remember when ori use 'ninja sso' as a joke, because we hardly see her in the drought period (2018-2020). And here we are, THE REAL NINJA SSO. :joy:

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Viu , Soompi and VC promote the drama better than KBS. KBS is busy to promote other dramas. I will not surprise if RWTMR will air at an other channel  :joy:

I cant barely believe that Moon River release in KBS if they do this, if they didnt want promote Moon River, why they agree to became broadcast channel?:Furious: what so hard post something in your media sosial, really? 

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, elan1 said:

That’s a good detail explanation of cloy poster :) I suppose it was plain to me because it looked kind of similar to love from another star poster :D

Lol! I didn't like that poster either. It's one of the reasons I wasn't interested in the drama because the poster made it look just like any other rom-com. 

8 hours ago, Breeze said:

She will play the dual roles of Queen Yeon and her daughter Princess Pyeonggang, but Princess Pyeonggang is also a soldier named Yeom Ga Jin, and a difference between the two personas had to be established

That is a great acting challenge for actors. She is playing almost three very different characters! Will be exciting to see the differences in how she portrays them. 

4 hours ago, Rima Ajeng Nur Raihan said:

I cant barely believe that Moon River release in KBS if they do this, if they didnt want promote Moon River, why they agree to became broadcast channel?

Seriously! I don't understand why KBS are barely promoting this. Why buy it for airing and then neglect it like this? Don't they want it to get good ratings? I am so confused:sweat:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Watch: Kim So Hyun, Ji Soo, And Lee Ji Hoon Introduce “River Where The Moon Rises” In Making-Of Video

Watch: Kim So Hyun, Ji Soo, And Lee Ji Hoon Introduce “River Where The Moon Rises” In Making-Of Video

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” has revealed a behind-the-scenes video leading up to the drama’s premiere!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and general On Dal (Ji Soo).

The making-of video kicks off with a dramatic start as it pans over the set and provides glimpses into the stirring action on the filming site. A montage of clips follows various cast members such as Wang Bit Na, Heo Jung Eun, Kim Bup Rae, Kim So Hyun, and more as they carry out their emotive scenes within the palace walls. Snippets of Kang Ha Neul as well as a meeting between Kim So Hyun’s and Ji Soo’s characters are also revealed, and the making-of reel comes an end as Kim So Hyun dons her character’s warrior persona.

Kim-So-Hyun-11.jpg

Kim So Hyun then introduces the drama, saying, “Today was the first day of filming. As it’s my first time properly doing a Goguryeo sageuk (Korean historical drama), the set is really unfamiliar and I’m really excited and nervous in a lot of ways. I’ll try to show everyone a more new and improved appearance from now on.”

Ji Soo comments, “I’m really happy to work together with Kim So Hyun again, and since I communicate well with the director, I think the filming site will be really enjoyable.”

Lee Ji Hoon, who plays the elite general of Goguryeo named Go Geon, asks for everyone’s support as he says, “Please show a lot of interest in ‘River Where the Moon Rises.’ I hope everyone tunes in.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere on February 15 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453118wpp/watch-kim-so-hyun-ji-soo-and-lee-ji-hoon-introduce-river-where-the-moon-rises-in-making-of-video

• Thanks 3
  • Blob 2