[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

I’m so excited for this drama for 2 main reasons : its set during Goreyo dynasty (most historical kdramas are set during Joseon dynasty) and the FL is a badass warrior!! (Ofc also the romance excites me...) 

Goreyo seems more idk how to describe... more ”free” than joseon dynasty , women seemed to have more rights, there was no confucianism yet in Korea. Actually not just women , but everyone in general was more free

Edited by Vera Vainio
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 2

Ji Soo Transforms Into A Passionate Youth Who Fights For Peace In Upcoming Historical Drama

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises” teased a new glimpse of Ji Soo in his starring role!

River Where the Moon Rises” retells the love story between Pyeonggang and On Dal, who are characters in a classic Goguryeo folktale. Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun), also known as Yeom Ga Jin, is an ambitious woman who dreams of becoming the first female to lead Goguryeo, and she uses On Dal’s (Ji Soo’s) feelings for her to achieve her goals.

The newly released stills depict Ji Soo as On Dal with frayed clothing and tightly tied hair in his transformation into a simple youth from Goguryeo. In one photo, On Dal cautiously checks his surroundings in front of a fallen deer. He tries to discover what could have killed the deer, conveying his non-violent nature and love for everything on Earth.

Ji-Soo-4.jpg

However, another still pictures On Dal oppressing someone who appears to be a hunter with just one hand. Easily holding up the person much bigger than him, On Dal’s strength is clearly apparent. Although On Dal is a pacifist, he won’t stop from using his strength to prevent the disruption of peace.

Throughout the stills, On Dal’s powerful gaze remains steady, highlighting his extraordinary presence. Viewers are curious to see On Dal’s role in the future after starting off as a passionate youth who maintains the peace of the forest.

Ji-Soo-5.jpg

The production team shared, “With his outstanding ability to immerse himself in his role, Ji Soo brings life to the On Dal in the script. Although he seems naive, On Dal is a charismatic figure who steps up when needed, and we’re confident that he’ll captivate the hearts of the ladies tuning in to dramas in the first half of 2021.” They added, “Please wait for ‘River Where the Moon Rises’ while anticipating how the passionate youth On Dal, who has his own firm beliefs, will change after meeting Pyeonggang and how Ji Soo will portray this process.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere on February 15 following the conclusion of “Royal Secret Agent” and will be available on Viki. Watch a teaser for the series here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449609wpp/ji-soo-transforms-into-a-passionate-youth-who-fights-for-peace-in-upcoming-historical-drama

• Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

KBS 2TV’s Upcoming Drama “River where the moon rises” Teased a new look Ji Soo in its leading role!

River where the moon rises” retells the love story between Pyeonggang and On Dal, who are characters in a classic Goguryeo fairy tale. Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun), also known as Yeom Ga Jin, is an ambitious woman who dreams of becoming the first woman to lead Goguryeo and she uses On Dal’s (Ji Soo’s) feelings to help achieve her goals.

The newly released stills show Ji Soo as On Dal with frayed clothes and tightly tied hair as he transforms into a simple youth from Goguryeo. In a photo, On Dal carefully checks his surroundings in front of a fallen deer. He tries to find out what could have killed the deer, conveying his non-violent nature and love for everything on earth.

Another still, however, shows Dal suppressing someone who appears to be a hunter with just one hand. On Dal’s strength is evident as he easily holds up the person who is much taller than them. Although On Dal is a pacifist, he will not stop using his strength to prevent the disturbance of the peace.

During the stills, On Dal’s powerful gaze remains calm and underlines his extraordinary presence. Viewers are curious about On Dal’s role in the future, having started out as a passionate youth keeping the peace of the forest.

The production team said, “With his outstanding ability to immerse himself in his role, Ji Soo brings the On Dal to life in the script. Though he may seem naive, On Dal is a charismatic figure who shows up when necessary and we are confident that he will captivate the hearts of ladies preparing for drama in the first half of 2021. “They added,” Please wait for ‘River where the moon rises’ as you anticipate how Dal’s passionate youth, who have their own firm beliefs, will change after meeting Pyeonggang, and how Ji Soo will change them Process will represent. ”

https://purekpop.com/river-where-the-moon-rises-ji-soo-becomes-a-passionate-young-man-fighting-for-peace/

• Blob 4

3 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

I’m so excited for this drama for 2 main reasons : its set during Goreyo dynasty (most historical kdramas are set during Joseon dynasty) and the FL is a badass warrior!! (Ofc also the romance excites me...) 

Goreyo seems more idk how to describe... more ”free” than joseon dynasty , women seemed to have more rights, there was no confucianism yet in Korea. Actually not just women , but everyone in general was more free

welcome Vera!!! Ikr, I agree with everything you stated! It just makes me so excited! Goreyo X female centric X warrior princess X costumes. This will hopefully be an amazing drama  :heart4:

• Blob 3

8 minutes ago, elan1 said:

welcome Vera!!! Ikr, I agree with everything you stated! It just makes me so excited! Goreyo X female centric X warrior princess X costumes. This will hopefully be an amazing drama  :heart4:

Thank you !! :3 I know it will be a great drama , but I hope the ratings/viewership Will be high too ❤️

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, Vera Vainio said:

Thank you !! :3 I know it will be a great drama , but I hope the ratings/viewership Will be high too ❤️

same! I hope a broad audience domestically and internationally shall support it and appreciate it :) 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Lee Hae Young ig uptade

Resim

New poster and stills for KBS sageuk River Where the Moon Rises

River Where the Moon Rises is the drama I’m most looking forward to in 2021, and it’s released new stills. In this Goguryeo sageuk romance, Ji-soo (
When I Was the Most Beautiful) and Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm) respectively play a village-idiot-turned-general and a princess who wants to be king.

The poster shows a shadowy outline of Kim So-hyun on horseback, with Ji-soo’s face in the clouds. The text reads, “A general whose love became history, Ondal” and “A princess whose entire life was Goguryeo, Pyeonggang.” The stills show Kim So-hyun also on horseback, rocking some armor and engaging in battle.

This folktale adaptation drama has all the ingredients to be awesome. A kickass female lead with strong ambitions, and a supportive romantic male partner who knows how to sacrifice. Kim So-hyun and Ji-soo have worked together before in a short, youth drama Page Turner, where their chemistry was off the charts so I have high hopes. As long as the plot doesn’t get too mired in noble idiocy like Ruler-Master of the Mask, River Where the Moon Rises has great potential.

KBS Monday-Tuesday drama River Where the Moon Rises will start airing on February 15.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/new-poster-and-stills-for-kbs-sageuk-river-where-the-moon-rises/

• Love 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, elan1 said:

everyone stop what you are doing and feast on these deliciously aesthetic posters! Feb 15 can’t come soon enough

Very aesthetic indeed!:omg:It’s official, I love victory contents:heart:

• Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo Share A Fateful Romance That Changes History In Upcoming Drama

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo Share A Fateful Romance That Changes History In Upcoming Drama

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises” has unveiled a romantic new poster!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

On January 21, the upcoming drama released a poster that teases the powerful chemistry and deep trust between its two leads, whose fateful romance will rewrite history. Notably, as the characters gaze into each other’s eyes, Pyeonggang is dressed in frayed, humble clothing like On Dal’s that stands in stark contrast to her status as a princess—as well as On Dal’s eventual destiny as a revered general.

The poster’s intriguing caption also hints at the unexpected changes “River Where the Moon Rises” will make in its retelling of the famous tale, which is well-known to all Koreans: “‘Princess Pyeonggang and the Fool On Dal’: a love story known to everyone, but that no one [truly] knows.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449874wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soo-share-a-fateful-romance-that-changes-history-in-upcoming-drama

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Kim So Hyun And Ji Soo Share Heart-Racing Moment In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises” released new stills of its lead actors Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

The newly released stills depict an accident-like meeting between Pyeonggang and On Dal. Pyeonggang looks stunned and flustered by something, whereas On Dal is smiling playfully with bright eyes that are dancing with mischief.

kim-so-hyun-ji-soo-3.jpg

Then for an unknown reason, Pyeonggang falls on top of On Dal, completely enclosing the space between them. Their faces are inches apart, and both of them are frozen with shock. The playful atmosphere is long gone, and On Dal gazes at her in alarm. Drama fans are eager to find out more about this heart-fluttering moment and where it will lead them to.

kim-so-hyun-ji-soo-4.jpg

The production team praised the actors, saying, “Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo are showing amazing chemistry by bringing Goguryeo’s Pyeonggang and On Dal to life. The perfect harmony created by the two young actors even excites the crew on set. Please look forward to seeing how they will portray the love between Pyeonggang and On Dal, who will be intertwined with numerous events.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” premieres on February 15 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450120wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-ji-soo-share-heart-racing-moment-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Blob 5

Watch: Kim So Hyun Struggles To Balance Love And Duty In Upcoming Historical Drama Teaser

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” has released a character teaser of Kim So Hyun!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo). In this retelling of the famous story, Pyeonggang – who is also the fierce warrior Yeom Ga Jin – is an ambitious woman who dreams of becoming the first female to lead Goguryeo.

The teaser opens up with Princess Pyeonggang gazing up at the night sky and saying, “The moon is very bright.” She exudes an imperial aura with her majestic robes and ornate jewelry.

However, the clip also shows her as a commoner. Despite her ragged clothing, she looks happy, especially since she is with her lover On Dal. On Dal points out she knows nothing about herself but her name Yeom Ga Jin, which hints Princess Pyeonggang and Yeom Ga Jin are the same person but with different social statuses and personalities.

Yeom Ga Jin suffers an identity crisis, and after realizing who she really is, she claims, “I am Princess Pyeonggang, the oldest daughter of the king of this country.” The video gives a glimpse of the changes she experiences, and drama fans can look forward to her growth and maturity as she turns into a warrior princess.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450110wpp/watch-kim-so-hyun-struggles-to-balance-love-and-duty-in-upcoming-historical-drama-teaser

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1