[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022/2023] Song of the Moon 月歌行

SilverDawn

• 3 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Song of the Moon 月歌行, premiered Dec 15, starring Vin Zhang & Lulu Xu
On 12/15/2022 at 4:20 AM, SilverDawn said:

Looks really good! Also, is it just me or is it Bin Bin's own voice we hear?

Yes, he dubbed it by himself. Watched first 2 episodes. ZBB is his usual competent self but I am not getting into XL, yet. Not familiar with this actress and somehow, I think Zhou Ye would have been a better fit for this character. 

The drama version is quite different from the novel. The character names are the same but the backgrounds and motivations have been changed. Eg. Lu Li and his shifu are now demon vanquishers , whereas in the novel, the ‘shifu’ is himself a demon.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 3:53 AM, omiki said:

Yes, he dubbed it by himself. Watched first 2 episodes. ZBB is his usual competent self but I am not getting into XL, yet. Not familiar with this actress and somehow, I think Zhou Ye would have been a better fit for this character. 

I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and I agree, ZBB is his competent self. :) He has an expresive acting style which I like. As for XL, I think it's her character... She's never been out and has no martials art skills (yet developed them in a very short amount of time)  and her knowledge of etiquette is lacking. You'd think she'd know better....  She also clearly lives comfortably but knows of "outside hardships" and is portrayed as an emphatic person...These things don't exactly rhyme imo. We see her as somewhat childish and simple, and other times very mature. It makes me wonder where that maturity and sound reason comes from, having experienced no real hardships and never having left the comforts of het home. Maybe it's just me but so far her character does't grow step by step, instead it feels a bit jumpy. I can imagine it is more difficult to portray. 

On 12/16/2022 at 3:53 AM, omiki said:

The drama version is quite different from the novel. The character names are the same but the backgrounds and motivations have been changed. Eg. Lu Li and his shifu are now demon vanquishers , whereas in the novel, the ‘shifu’ is himself a demon.

I haven't read the novel yet. Is that the only difference so far?

• Like 1

first 10 episode is quite bad
bunch of kids fooling around like 笑傲江湖 + magic

bad guys and girls use stereotype dumb plot
actor actress competing who have the most fake eyelid , 'human leader' middle-age male actor have triple eyelid and women's eye makeup

first 10 epi , i rate it 6/10 , slightly below average

• LOL 2

@SilverDawn Many, many differences. I don’t recommend reading the novel, since the drama is so different from it. I am struggling through it right now (at chapter 70+ out of 134). I am just going to skim through it until I get to the part where they explain the reason why the female lead is destined to save the demon world. Apparently, the author took 3 years to complete the novel, so I suspect the story got derailed along the way, and the plot got more and more convoluted. 

One major difference is Liu Shao’s family circumstances. In the novel, her family lost their fortune and in order to support their only son, her parents sold her off to the organisation to be an assassin. Her parents never looked for her again, and even had another daughter subsequently. She suffered a lot during the training because she came from a pampered background and had never gone through any hardship. Bai Feng and the other guy were fellow trainees who entered the organisation at the same time as her and Lu Li. She had never met Lu Li before that. 

• Thanks 1

@SilverDawn Hey chingu! Unfortunately, I dont think I can watch another Xian Xia after LBFAD...:sweat_smile: Not unless they are of the same standards...But for now, I dont really have much time to watch coz I'm working throughout Xmas...

Hope you enjoy this! I'm pining for Vengo's new drama...Any one will do...I miss Donghua Dijun...

• Love 1

16 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Will start episode 5 now :eats2:

Wang Youshou looks good as White Demon King. :D 

@Jessica Vargas Rubio @ElleSor  @leo2020 @Nur_Yana @Don Yu @SC2019              Have you started watching yet??

@MayanEcho @Wuzetian @Bai Gun Gun @Romulanis this drama on your "watch" list?

I haven't started watching yet.

I'll wait for a few more epis before I watch.

I get too thrilled if I have to wait a few more days. 

• Wiggle 1