Wang Yi Nan as Li Fang
Wei Yi Bo as Liu Pei
He Bin as Ruan Ye
Tian Miao
Zhang Xiao Qian
Jiang Rui Lin as Mi Dou
Ma Xiao Qin

Synopsis:

In a company largely dominated and led by males, Shen Ruoxin's road to promotion is difficult. It has been a year since the competition for the position of the director of the legal department, but Liu Pei, the vice president of the company, keep making things difficult for her. Shen Ruoxin was entrusted with a case at a critical moment. Working together with her assistant Qi Xiao, they discover traces of Jin Yuanhao's affair and was about to settle with him, incriminating photos of Shen Ruoxin and Jin Yuanhao were taken. It turns out that it was Shen Ruoxin's boyfriend who planned this setup, so he can force Shen Ruoxin to resign and get married with him. Shen Ruoxin broke up with her boyfriend, but because of the photo incident, she was transferred to the administrative department. Qi Xiao volunteers to follow. With the company of Qi Xiao, Shen Ruoxin gradually realizes that love is neither an exchange nor a burden, but the simple mutual attraction of two people. Finally, Shen Ruoxin and Qi Xiao overcome numerous obstacles and get together.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @Jillia

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rational Life 理智派生活
  • Guest changed the title to [Curretn Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rational Life 理智派生活
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [CurrentMainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rational Life 理智派生活
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rational Life 理智派生活
  • 3 months later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rational Life 理智派生活
11 hours ago, whiteybao said:

Currently watching on Netflix in Malaysia.

love the FL. she is so diverse and can play many roles. I’m just a little impatient that it took >20 episodes for the FL to get together with the ML. I think this is a first.

I actually didn't mind since i love the FL's portrayal. The drama is more about her life than romance. It was pretty cute once it got started, and I don't think it mattered much since ML was around all the time before the romance anyways. I have a sneaking suspicion that dramas put the romance in last third so you'd watch the whole drama instead of drop it once they are together and enough fluff scenes haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 7:40 AM, leo2020 said:

That's actually the first Chinese contemporary drama I've not dropped and finished :heart4:

Qin Lan is just gorgeous,  I've grown to be a huge fan along the way and will definitely watch her other dramas. 

I love her so much as well, have you seen We Are All Alone? She play a boss character there, a busy agent that manage various actors/actresses, I liked that drama a lot too :D

• Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 2:37 AM, skibbies said:

I love her so much as well, have you seen We Are All Alone? She play a boss character there, a busy agent that manage various actors/actresses, I liked that drama a lot too :D

Nope, I've haven't,  thanks for the tipp :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 7:37 AM, skibbies said:

We Are All Alone is a masterpiece. I was trying to search for the forum topic here but couldn’t find so I left my reviews on MyDramaList instead but the genre is so fresh and I cannot imagine anyone else but Qin Lan carrying out the role.

i watched The Rational Life straight after We Are All Alone and really impressed at how she can be so diverse. She also looks 5 years younger with long hair. :D

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I enjoyed this but the female lead's mom drove me nuts! I had a hard time completing this no thanks to her. What a bitter, controlling, insufferable old lady. 

No wonder her hubs divorced her. The female lead is gentle, sweet, soft spoken but holds her own. I liked how she dealt with the second male lead. He was more of a sugar daddy ha-ha? 

And then there were these sexist remarks made by the two male employees at her workplace. Ugh. When her superior got fired he deserved it ha-ha. 

Didn't expect Dylan to take on such a role but he has nice chemistry with his leading lady.