[Drama 2021] My Name, 마이네임

larus

the plot is this drama was really oblivious to me but still I binge watched this yesterday. 

HSH was badass. She was amazing.  :heart:

PHS was top notch.  he looked really fine.  

the drama was really good for the first 7 episodes and then the last episodes was really not good.

There where things they should not have written.  But well Overall I would rate this 7+

• Awesome 2

Just finished watchin' this awhile ago. Am very impressed by Han So Hee, brava! A job well done. I love how bold she was in taking a role that's non-stereotypical and breaking out of the mold.

Another impressive performance was the actor who played Moo Jin. My.. my.. my.. what a tall drink of water this fine man was! I kind of wanted Ji Woo to be with him but the age gap..(?) Also their relationship was a twisted one.

The love scene was pretty bold for So Hee as well. Although this is her third drama I've watched that has such a scene. Idk for some weird reason while the performances of the cast were stellar, I got bored pretty quickly as well.. it was sad what happened to Pil Do.

I wonder if this is what Netflix is pushing for LoL? Violence, sex etc. I mean I've watched only 4 K-Dramas via the platform so far. Overall this is an alright watch, save only for a true kick*** female character. And the eye candy male cast eheh.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Hello, long time not posted here✌️

I watched this one, because my tl loved this. 

Tbh I did expect more after a good premiere episode. The lead actress and the drug lord made it watchable, but it was overall an empty plot. But good for a casual binge. 

• Blob 1

This was an excellent crime drama. The plot did not break any new ground. In fact, I was able to guess the identity of the killer long before the reveal. However, what elevated this show was the acting, directing, cinematography and music. Everyone acted very well, but special mentions must go out for Han So Hee and Park Hee Soon. The twisted relationship between their characters is what drives this drama. The show looks great, the pacing is excellent (I never felt bored and was always compelled at the end of each episode to go on to the next) and the music is cool without ever being intrusive or out of place.

I can't say enough about So Hee's performance though. Her transformation into the Ji Woo/Hye Jin character is quite remarkable. This was probably the best role of her career to date, ranking even higher than the Da Kyung role, which was already an excellent role imo. It should further cement her star status. If her development as an actress continues on this trajectory, there is no reason why she can't become one of the select few actresses at the very top of the K-ent industry.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, jfritz09 said:

Everyone acted very well, but special mentions must go out for Han So Hee and Park Hee Soon. The twisted relationship between their characters is what drives this drama. The show looks great, the pacing is excellent (I never felt bored and was always compelled at the end of each episode to go on to the next) and the music is cool without ever being intrusive or out of place.

I felt the same. There is a FMV to the both characters, not mine but I find it great too. Spoiler content!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 10/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, agenth said:

I bingewatched this in one day and I sort of regret it? 

Up to Episode 7 I was really interested, and did not use the FF button.

However, the last episode sours the experience a bit.

The spoilerfree review is

• Han So Hee's best performance, she impressed me. Not only does she look gorgeous with "no makeup" face, but her acting was really good: emotional, and also action-wise. There are a lot of action scenes and she does them apparently without stunt double. 
  • Park Hee Son's cheekbones can cut my lips. I really liked his acting too and I've never seen him before. The end episode made me shake my head, but up until then this character was very compelling. It's not his fault, but the writing.
  • Ahn Bo Hyun. Thankfully without Yumi's goatee, he looks stunning. The more I see of him, the more I'm drawn to him. Here his role is not that major, however. 

List of Complaints

Hide contents
  • I knew Gwangjae would appear soon and be annoying, and I was highly disappointed he only got a facial scar as punishment. In 2021 you can do plastic surgery and remove this. He should have gotten the punishment and stayed in the gang and not kicked out (so he can plot his revenge from within!) OR boss should have killed him (they could have not successfully murdered him, so he'd appear out of the blue). Boss tells her that betrayal means death, yet he doesn't kill off this guy who goes against his orders. Mmmmkay.
  • The fact that professional gangsters use knife and stab people multiple times, only for those to survive. Gwangjae's gangsters only manage to kill 4, when the other gang fought back WITH THEIR FISTS against knives lol. Plus Jutae doesn't manage to kill Chief. LOL, despite multiple stabbing. He's supposed to be good as right-hand, but is such an amateur. Meanwhile, our FL manages to kill people with knife easily. 
  • Lame Sex Scene. It didn't feel like they wanted each other at all. She touches his hand for a long moment and leans in, he does nothing. The only hot-ness derives from them removing their clothes, otherwise it feels lacking.
  • "Romance?" Nah, the buildup was not enough. There should have been more moments between FL and 2nd ML, beyond the one night and working together. They shouldn't have had sex in last episode, but before, when they were sharing vulneral stuff. 
  • The ending. She only has 6 bullets, shoots 3 people. Then when she removes bullets to face boss with only one bullet (again why??), she has all 6 bullets. Didn't see her reload but okay. Also the fact that boss is obsessed with being killed by her LOL.
  • Boss killing 2nd ML - why??? So pointless. 
  • everything rushed in episode 8. The sex, the killing. It all went offrails in last episode. 

actually have some other mini-complaints, but whatever.

overall I would have rated this 8/10, but last episode made this to 7/10. 

I agree 100% with most of what you said except I'd give it a 5/10 because I would have someone as FL that has that spark like a Seo Yea Ji (though I might need some time cuz that whole emotional manipulation was horrifying) As a rule I don't care about their personal lives but that was kinda gross. Emotional abuse ie manipulation or physical abuse is a turn off. Someone like a Park Bo Young. I decided to give this a shot because of Anh Bo Hyun and Park Hee Soon. Love PSH he is amazing and I've seen his work before. Top notch. I've really seen the versatility of ABH and his growth.  I look forward to seeing him more.  Unfortunately I'm not impressed with Han So Hee. She has the same flat non expression-expression all the time.  Just my opinion. (I'm sure she's a lovely person lol )As I said earlier I was bored until maybe 1/2 way thru the third eps. I too have some other mini complaints, but whatever lol.

• Blob 1

Ahn Bo Hyun Reveals What He’s Like In Love, How His Real-Life Experience Is Reflected In “My Name,” And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 24, 2021
by E. Cha

In a recent interview and pictorial for 1st Look magazine, Ahn Bo Hyun dished on his new dramas and more!

The actor is currently starring in two very different dramas: in tvN’s romantic comedy “Yumi’s Cells,” he plays the role of Yumi (Kim Go Eun)’s lovable boyfriend Goo Woong, and in the new Netflix series “My Name,” he plays Yoon Ji Woo (Han So Hee)’s partner Jeon Pil Do.

Describing the appeal of his character in “Yumi’s Cells,” Ahn Bo Hyun remarked, “[Goo Woong] is honest, eccentric, and innocent, and within that, he’s also sincere.”

“Woong is someone who stays true to his emotions,” he continued. “He speaks boldly, without hesitation, but he doesn’t like inconveniencing or hurting other people. I like that he’s clear and firm in his convictions.”

As for what Ahn Bo Hyun is like when he falls in love in real life, the actor revealed, “When I’m in front of the person I like, I’m more sparing with my words, and I keep my distance.”

However, he added, “When I [start dating] someone I like, I share everything from my happy news, my sorrows, to my struggles, and I don’t keep any secrets from them. I’m the type who wants to do everything I can for that person and treat them well, the type who goes all in.”

Ahn-Bo-Hyun1.jpeg

Ahn Bo Hyun also shared how his “My Name” character resembles his real-life personality. “[Jeon Pil Do] seems tough on the outside, but he grows weak when it comes to another person’s wounds,” he remarked. “Jeon Pil Do is a character who suffers alone and recovers on his own.”

The actor went on to reveal how he incorporated his actual life experiences into the character of Jeon Pil Do.

“I didn’t want to force the character in a contrived way, and I thought that I could express part of my actual life experience [through the character],” he explained. “I created the framework for the character while thinking back on my memories of living alone for a long time, my struggles during that time, and also the good things about [that time].”

Finally, Ahn Bo Hyun talked about how he’s changed since becoming busier as an actor.

“I’ve become a lot lazier than before,” he noted. “When it comes to things like organizing my recycling, doing the laundry, or doing the dishes, I find myself waiting to do it all at once. I used to always clean up right away, without thinking, ‘I’ll do this later,’ but now I’ve changed. I think I must be very tired.”

He added with a laugh, “Thinking about it, the way I do things now is actually more efficient.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495006wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-reveals-what-hes-like-in-love-how-his-real-life-experience-is-reflected-in-my-name-and-more

Han Soo hee Reveals in Post Drama Interview that the PD of Netflix Drama Thriller My Name Added A Sex Scene with Ahn Bo Hyun Midway Through Filming and It WasNot Agreed in Advance Since it was Not in the Original Script She Reviewed

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/10/23/han-so-hee-reveals-in-post-drama-interview-that-the-pd-of-netflix-thriller-my-name-added-a-sex-scene-with-ahn-bo-hyun-midway-through-filming-and-was-not-agreed-in-advance-since-it-was-not-in-the-origi/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Han So Hee Talks About Wanting To Push Her Limits With “My Name,” Possible Season 2, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 24, 2021
by C. Hong

Actress Han So Hee recently participated in an interview with Sports Chosun to talk about her well-received Netflix series “My Name.”

Spoilers

“My Name” is about a woman named Yoon Ji Woo (Han So Hee), who joins an organized crime ring and, under their direction, infiltrates the police as an undercover agent to learn the truth behind her father’s death. Ahn Bo Hyun co-stars as Jeon Pil Do, her partner in the police force, and Park Hee Soon co-stars as Moo Jin, who takes Yoon Ji Woo under his gang and helps her go undercover in the police.

In the interview, Han So Hee said, “It’s been over a year since we finished filming. Now that it’s available to watch, I feel as up in the air and unable to focus on everyday life as if I were still filming. I remember all the things I went through while filming and feel both happiness and nervousness every day. A lot of the people around me have told me, ‘You fight well,’ and ‘You fight and hit well.'”

Her role in “My Name” required her to do a lot more action and stunts than her previous projects. “When we started filming, I barely knew the ‘e’ in ‘exercise,'” she said. “It was quite sudden. I wasn’t looking for an action genre project specifically, but I always wanted to do a script in which a female character led the project by herself. It so happened that that script I wanted was in the action genre, and I said that I would do it. I really like the noir genre, so I think that was a big influence on my choice.”

She continued, “There were big and small injuries while preparing for the role. I got cut up a lot, but there were no big accidents. The stunt actors did as much as I did. I did get hurt, but that was what allowed me to endure. While filming, cuts, scrapes, and bruises weren’t a big deal. The stunt actors got just as cut up as I did, so I was able to move on.”

han-so-hee-1.jpeg

The actress shared that she had taken on the drama drama to push herself to the limits. “I’m someone who is doing this thing called ‘acting,'” she said. “But I felt like I was always bumping up against my limits. After hitting my limits for so long, I felt that I wasn’t satisfied with myself. I overcame that by trying something completely new and showing a completely different side of myself. This was a step for me to take on a new challenge and experiment with my limits. It was like a mission that I’d set for myself.”

About a potential second season,” she joked, “I think I’d die.” She added, “Since she found out that her father was a police officer, wouldn’t there be more story to her relationship with Cha Gi Ho (Kim Sang Ho)? But if there was a second season, I don’t know what I have left to show. I think I’d have to develop superpowers.”

han-so-hee-3.jpeg

In order to prepare for the action-heavy role, Han So Hee gained 10 kilograms (22 pounds). She said, “When I filmed ‘The World of the Married,’ I was around 44 to 45 kilograms (97-99 pounds). After doing a lot of action scenes, I also increased the amount I was eating. I just ate whatever I felt like eating and weighed around 53 to 54 kilograms (119-121 pounds) when filming started. [Park] Hee Soon said that it was all muscle, but that’s definitely not true. It’s probably about half muscle. But I didn’t force myself to gain weight, it just naturally happened so that my body could endure the action scenes and work.”

About her bed scene with Ahn Bo Hyun, she said, “I heard about the scene while we were in the middle of filming. At first, I wondered, ‘Will this be okay?’ I thought it might distract from the overall storyline and become a distraction for Ji Woo’s overall goals. But after discussing it with the writer and director, I interpreted it as a scene where Ji Woo could show a more humane side of herself.”

She added, “Rather than this scene happening because Pil Do loved Ji Woo so much, it’s a scene to help Ji Woo learn how to feel more human. There’s a line that says, ‘I want to live like a human.’ It was part of her desire to live again, not something that was getting in the way of her revenge.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495087wpp/han-so-hee-talks-about-wanting-to-push-her-limits-with-my-name-possible-season-2-and-more

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Ahn Bo Hyun Talks About Training For Action Scenes And Working With Han So Hee In “My Name”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 25, 2021
by C. Hong

On October 25, Ahn Bo Hyun sat down for an online interview with Sports Chosun about his recent Netflix series “My Name.”

“My Name” is about a woman named Yoon Ji Woo (Han So Hee), who joins an organized crime ring and, under their direction, infiltrates the police as an undercover agent to learn the truth behind her father’s death. Ahn Bo Hyun co-stars as Jeon Pil Do, her partner in the police force, and Park Hee Soon as Moo Jin, who takes Yoon Ji Woo under his gang and helps her go undercover in the police.

Spoilers

The series performed well on Netflix in several countries around the world, and Ahn Bo Hyun said, “It was a very moving feeling. To be honest, I think that the popularity of ‘Squid Game’ played a big role. I definitely felt like I couldn’t believe it. A lot of people watched our series and there were people who told me they even subscribed to Netflix just to see it. The feedback that I remember most were the people who said that they couldn’t imagine me playing a police officer because I’d played a troublemaker and criminal in ‘Itaewon Class’ but that I’d fit the role better than they’d expected.”

Ahn Bo Hyun talked about whether he was similar to his character, Jeon Pil Do. “I think that there are many people in the world who cannot hold back when they see injustice in the world,” he said. “I’ve never seen injustice like that before, but I’m also not the type to hold back. I think that’s something that Pil Do and I had in common. The director told me, ‘You feel a lot like Pil Do, so just express things naturally as if you were him.’ As a police detective, his character really shone through. After experiencing the things in the drama, I like to think that if I encountered a situation like that in real life, I would become a justice-oriented person.”

ahn-bo-hyun-31.jpeg

Han So Hee has frequently discussed the heavy action scenes in the series. Ahn Bo Hyun, who was previously a boxer, said, “I don’t know if it’s because I did sports before, but I’ve always had interest in doing action scenes. I’d watch boxing movies and think, ‘This person isn’t a boxer but they’re good. Since I used to be a boxer, I’d be good at boxing scenes.’ Ever since then, I’d been interested and curious about doing action scenes. I’d always wanted to try it if I could, but it’s very different from boxing in real life. The most important thing in action scenes is being on the same level as your partner so that no one gets hurt. I went to action school and worked hard at matching with other people, but I’m not satisfied with the results. But the people around me told me that it did look like a real fight, so I hope that the two or three months I spent learning wasn’t wasted.”

For his role, Ahn Bo Hyun built about 5 kilograms (11 pounds) of muscle. “I was an athlete for a long time and I’m tall. In the past, I wasn’t able to bulk up like this and I didn’t have a very big body either. But I wanted to raise people’s anticipations and respond to their expectations, so I focused on my strengths as a former athlete. I always monitor my diet at least 300 days out of 365 and I’m always taking protein supplements. I think that the work and effort I put in allowed me to get to where I am today. It’s all to help viewers stay immersed in the world of the drama. Pil Do isn’t a character with a threatening build, but I wanted to show that he was solid, so rather than show visibly defined muscles, I wanted to fill out his jackets and hoodies with some additional weight. Han So Hee also said that she gained weight for the role, but it’s not just getting heavier. I ate and exercised well and never skipped a workout on set and gained more than 5 kilograms while filming.”

ahn-bo-hyun-22.jpeg

About working with Han So Hee, he said, “I met her for the first time at action school. Maybe it was because of the unfamiliar setting, but she looked different. Normally you meet your co-stars for the first time at a formal meeting or a script reading, but I was suddenly seeing someone I’d only seen on TV sweating at action school. The very first time we met, we started learning how to do stunts. I could feel that she was overflowing with passion. We didn’t have many action scenes against each other, but rather we were fighting as one team against many opponents. We became a better team as time went by. It could have been really tough for her because there were just so many action scenes, but she never complained or showed signs of it, and it gave me strength as well.”

The two also filmed a bed scene together for the show. “There are a lot of people who have responded to that scene and those scenes, which makes me think that many people saw it from very diverse perspectives,” he said. “Rather than getting immersed into the emotions, I thought instead that both Pil Do and Ji Woo have suffered and can comfort each other as people who are both hiding pain inside. I think that those scenes were important to show Pil Do and Ji Woo’s feelings, as well as Ji Woo changing from someone who wanted to give up on being human and turn into a monster. It also helped motivate her revenge when I was killed off.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1495297wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-talks-about-training-for-action-scenes-and-working-with-han-so-hee-in-my-name

• Like 1

Han So Hee’s Agency Clarifies That She Knew About The Sex Scene In “My Name” Ahead Of Filming

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 2, 2021
by S. Nam

Han So Hee’s agency released a statement clarifying the events that took place behind the scenes of “My Name.”

Previously on October 20, Han So Hee held a video call interview regarding the recent release of her hit Netflix series “My Name.” During the interview, the actress touched upon the bedroom scene with her co-star Ahn Bo Hyun. She had stated, “I heard about the scene while we were in the middle of filming,” which later became a hot topic online. During the interview, she had also explained, “At first, I wondered, ‘Will this be okay?’ I thought it might distract from the overall storyline and become a distraction for Ji Woo’s overall goals. But after discussing it with the writer and director, I interpreted it as a scene where Ji Woo could show a more humane side of herself.”

On November 2, Han So Hee’s agency 9ato Entertainment released a statement regarding the misunderstanding caused by Han So Hee’s comment about the scene in “My Name.” Below is the full statement:

Hello. This is 9ato Entertainment.

We want to correct the suspicions that a certain scene from the Netflix series “My Name” was “decided on set without prior consent.”

We’ve concluded that a previous interview from October 20 in which actress Han So Hee stated, “I heard about the scene while we were in the middle of filming,” could cause some misunderstandings depending on the listener’s perspective, so we want to reveal the decision process behind the scene in question to correct the facts.

The scene in question was first discussed in the pre-production stage, and we exchanged conversations about there being a possibility of filming a bedroom scene in order to express Ji Woo’s (Han So Hee’s) emotional change.

Afterwards, since the script wasn’t complete yet, it was discussed that the decision on whether to proceed with filming or not would depend on the character’s emotions while filming. Later, it was discussed that the scene could show Ji Woo’s humane side and explain Ji Woo’s emotional fluctuations in the events that followed, so it was ultimately carried out with consent from the actors and staff. Furthermore, the director and writer discussed and considered in length the ways of expressing the scene.

The phrase, “I heard about the scene while we were in the middle of filming,” meant that the final decision for the scene in question was made in the middle of filming after discussion and careful consideration, and Han So Hee later explained [in the interview] the director’s and writer’s concerns and intentions as well as information about her consent.

We inform you that all scenes were carried out after sufficient discussion between the director, writer, production team, and actors.

We wanted to directly address the suspicions because we know how much thought and hard work the production team and peer actors put into the project. In the future, we ask people to refraining from having false assumptions and misunderstandings about this matter. Thank you.

Having premiered on Netflix on October 15, “My Name” is about a woman named Yoon Ji Woo (Han So Hee), who joins an organized crime ring and, under their direction, infiltrates the police as an undercover agent to learn the truth behind her father’s death. Ahn Bo Hyun co-stars as Jeon Pil Do, her partner in the police force, and Park Hee Soon co-stars as Moo Jin, who takes Yoon Ji Woo under his gang and helps her go undercover in the police.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1496600wpp/han-so-hees-agency-clarifies-that-she-knew-about-the-sex-scene-in-my-name-ahead-of-filming

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Honestly, I didn't like this. Netflix hyped it up. And then it was hyped up on Reddit, with some going so far as to say they were really excited about it. Watched the trailer, and couldn't help but say, "Excited about what? Looks like your generic 'girl power, undercover cop/criminal' drama . . . Pretty much a concept rammed into the ground.' -- And the response was a bunch of downvotes. Meanwhile, my assessment seems to have been spot on. 

The main character, Ji-Woo was so one-dimensional, it was crazy. Now, I understand they addressed this late on in the show when Pil-Do asks her who she is as a person and what she does for fun, and she reveals that she is all work and no play, but still, to me, this was no believable. I get the concept of her dedicating her life to avenging her father, and that's a very noble pursuit. But at the same time, her no-nonsense disposition seemed more like an excuse for this character to lack any depth. I feel like they could have given this character a stronger sense of identity while maintaining her purpose in avenging her father's death, but instead they went the stone-faced route. It just seemed lazy.

Let's also talk about the "Woman who can easily take down multiple trained men" trope that was rammed into the ground in this show. It's an insult to the viewer's intelligent to continue on with scenes so unrealistic. It's 2022. People are tired of the unrealistic perfectly choregraphed fighting scenes that are closer to a dance number than a real fight. I think people are just tired of it. Yeah it was cool. But after decades of that, people just want to see a fight like it would play out in reality. I don't know about everyone else, but I look at suspension of disbelief like something that should not be taken for granted. Like yeah, I can suspend disbelief. But I look at it like I can only be so patient as a viewer. I'm willing to suspend disbelief for the purpose of a good story, but many many writers take that for granted and start to get frivolous about it. Suspension of disbelief should be for major plot points. When parts of a show are made unrealistic simply because of bad writing or carelessness, it gets ridiculous. 

But then again, I watch shows a certain way. It's the autistic in me. I watch shows and pay attention to every detail, and I can't get the details out of my head. I treat each event in a show like it has actually happened within the show's respective universe. This is just how I like to enjoy media. It's more fun that way in my opinion. That's why I highly value shows that are treated as if this were really happening in an alternate universe. 

And then we've got the romantic scenes between Ji Woo and Pil Do. I just couldn't stand these. Too much cringe. Not sure why, maybe I just don't like the sappy stuff. Also it didn't help that their "scene" was about seven straight minutes. Far too long. I had to just skip through it. 

All in all, My Name is disappointing. To me, it's mindless action and it reminds me too much of USA style generic procedural detective shows, which are just so awful. And while My Name was not nearly as bad as horrible overrated USA shows like Chicago PD, it was disappointing nonetheless. 

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• 2 weeks later...

Han So Hee Shares How “My Name” Impacted Her, What She Likes Most About Herself, Her Greatest Inspirations, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 19, 2022
by S. Cho

The latest edition of Allure magazine features Han So Hee!

Following her bold and charismatic photo shoot, Han So Hee was interviewed about her past and upcoming roles, how she views herself, who inspires her, and more.

At the start, the interviewer mentioned how everyone around them had expressed jealousy that they got to meet Han So Hee. The actress expressed surprise and commented, “It’s not that I had a goal but after pursuing the enjoyable work that I liked, I’ve now turned 29 years old [by Korean reckoning]. Having people [of the general public] like me is something that happened suddenly so I feel a lot of pressure and cannot only be excited because I have to develop something to live up to that.”

Han So Hee also explained that contrary to popular belief, she has not received an extraordinary number of casting offers. She shared, “Honestly, even if there are projects that suit my appearance, I don’t think I have the face to do all types of roles. Breaking out of that is also homework for me. Now, I’m luckily receiving projects that suit me.”

For her role in “My Name,” Han So Hee underwent extensive physical training and exercise for her action scenes. She revealed that those habits stuck with her even after the drama ended, saying, “‘My Name’ definitely had a lot of influence on my life pattern. In the past, I focused on food-oriented diets as opposed to exercise but I learned this time that working out can be a mode of stress relief. After that, I realized exercise was something I had to do and my outlook changed entirely.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508947wpp/han-so-hee-shares-how-my-name-impacted-her-what-she-likes-most-about-herself-her-greatest-inspirations-and-more

• 2 weeks later...

I did a marathon viewing of this drama and completed it just now. This is an intense and full of action masterpiece. The storyline is so great and the main artist (Han So Hee) was outstanding. The best action drama I have seen so far. Congrats to the Director as well as all actors and actresses who made this possible. :thumbsup: 

• Awesome 1

• 1 month later...

Five drama recommendations… that’ll give you a girl crush

by DB Staff

Dramaland is full of heroines to love. Whether we admire their can-do attitude, their emotional intelligence, or their insight, fight, or fashion, it’s hard to leave a drama without learning something from the heroine’s story. Or, you know, leaving with a girl crush that you might never recover from. Here are some of our favorites.

My Name (2021)

I’m a sucker for a heroine that has some fight in her, and Netflix’s action-revenge drama My Name takes that to the nines. Yoon Ji-woo (Han So-hee) is a young girl whose life is turned upside down when her gangster father is murdered. She sets out on revenge, and it changes the course of her life — but this isn’t the petty revenge of a glass of water in the face. Instead, it’s the kind that sees Ji-woo working for a mob boss, infiltrating the police, and meeting all kinds of emotional, mental, and physical conflict.

The drama is as dark and rough as expected, but there was something about the character of Yoon Ji-woo and her fearless and almost brutal determination that really resonated with me. Early on in the drama, we see Ji-woo living and training in a gangster’s den. She’s surrounded by the roughest and toughest and strongest fighters around, and somehow this scrawny orphaned teen is able to best them all. Believable or not, the scene where she slowly beats each fighter to a pulp and wins as the top fighter was just too satisfying for words, because it was less about her physical strength, and more about her incredible mental strength. Ji-woo’s discipline, determination, and endurance are definitely crush-worthy traits, and ones that inspired me as I watched. –@missvictrix

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/03/five-drama-recommendations-thatll-give-you-a-girl-crush/