Quantcast

[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

To have this air before Valentines Day...good job PD! For PJW and LEO, the ending means their beginning. I am satisfied with their ending because PJW deserves it. Yes, PJW is the only character who's kept me through till the end. JCW's portrayal of PJW was so heartbreaking, lovable, sincere, career driven...the layers are countless. Kyung Joon and Rin Yi couldn't get past their differences, but their breakup was both their faults. I was expecting it. I am more sad Geon and Sun-young couldn't be together. Their love story was bittersweet. Overall a solid drama with a great OST and good portrayals. Makes you think, the personal struggle is worth it and you shouldn't stop working for a better version of yourself.

• Like 8
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can definitely tell that it was awkward for PJW and LEO working together but thrilling and exciting at the same time. They never leave their eyes off each other. They miss each other and are longi

I've watched the episode. Ok I take back any comments about the interview stylec monologues. I guess it beats the actors speaking out loud in other Kdramas.   I think hearing Eun- so speak a

I have seen some people argue that the car scene was creepy/obsessive. I don't think so, because he didn't lock the car door. If she really hated interacting with him so much, she could have just

I'm satisfied with how LEO and PJW story. I'm glad it didn't take LEO long to figure out she wanted PJW too. PJW was clever giving him that necklace with out a note *squeeel*

I was also a bit disappointrd Geon and Sun Young didn't get back together. 

As for KJ and RI...I think that was expected. I have a feeling there's a season two and their story continues. If that happens hope PJW and LEO will make some appearances too. I guess we'll see what's in store for EP17.

Overall this drama was satisfying, non typical Korean drama. I love it! 

• Like 7

You can definitely tell that it was awkward for PJW and LEO working together but thrilling and exciting at the same time. They never leave their eyes off each other. They miss each other and are longing for each other. 

I’m happy of how things ended with PJW and LEO. Finally, LEO being honest to herself and admitting that she’s not perfect and she has flaws. That’s the first step... road to healing/self love. And then here’s PJW, whether it be the old LEO, the YSA that he loved, the new LEO.. they’re all the same person and it is enough. LEO didn’t need to be someone to prove her worth because she is already loved by her friends and PJW. He loves her all the same and he wants her to know that. No matter how tough the road may be for them, and even if things gets hard, he will go through everything with LEO doing things together and discovering things along the way. I loved that he called her Lee Eun Oh. I also loved that they are taking the first step in their relationship the proper way by starting off as dating and learning about each other. The ending was cute. 

I feel a bit sadden by RY and KJ’s relationship. They’re relationship was an opened one. The letter that KJ mentioned and the phone call when KJ called and a male’s voice picked up. I wonder if their story will continue in S2. I understand where both are coming from. In KJ’s shoes, he’s similar to PJW. He’s very career driven, he has goals for the future. He’s someone that wants to succeed and keep going forward. I believe he wants to move forward with his relationship with RY. Who knows maybe get married someday. But as for RY, she’s too comfortable where she’s at in her life. She’s not as driven as KJ. She doesn’t care about the luxury lifestyle. To her, it’s the little things that matters to her. She doesn’t need money to be happy. She’s happy where she’s at but at the same time she’s also struggling because she’s only working part time and her jobs are not really a real job. So when I think about KJ’s POV, he feels stuck with her. He can’t go forward until she steps out of her comfort zone. So their relationship isn’t really going anywhere. They’re together because they love each other but that’s it. No compromise. 

I hope KG and SY will also make up and start over as well. Their relationship was also opened. You can tell KG still loves her. His door is always open if she needs to talk.

• Like 10

Aaaand they're back!

(For the preview at least).

More BTS PPL, More Jaewon/Eunon, More Kang and who was his first love? Rinyi? Eunoh? Lol! 

Aaah I can't wait. And Minho the policeman, who apparently has NEVER dated. Now that is unreal :D

• Like 7

I didn’t understand why everyone seem to think Ep 16 was the end. I liked that episode but I wasn’t satisfied with “the end”. It just wasn’t a proper wrap up. But there is ep 17! I mean they can’t focus the entire episode on building Min Ho’s love story right? And what about Kyung Joon and Rin Yi? There has to be some closure.

Why did Kang Geon say Seon Yeong will not understand what he said? Honestly, this couple is the most complicated of the three. I don’t quite get their relationship but at the same time, I want them together.

Rin Yi and Kyung Joon should break up cos they’ve been together for so long and he still cannot understand her. She doesn’t look like she’s going to change so unless he changes. I like to watch them as a couple but the more I watch, the more I feel he’s trying too hard with her. I remember an ex told me that a couple will be happy only when they travel on the same path to reach a similar destination. But sometimes they are together only cos they happen to be in each other’s path traveling toward different destination. So their time together will be limited.

I’m rewatching the episodes all over. I really love this drama. I watched it mostly for JCW and he definitely didn’t disappoint in his role. This is one drama you need real acting chops to have the viewers ride along with the plot. But the drama brought so much feels and memories. Falling in love is beautiful but it can also be painful and troublesome. Cos we are just imperfect beings looking for perfect love. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

I love that Min Ho’s guest appearance suddenly became a bigger role. You don’t see that often in dramas. It’s usually just a short cameo for only an episode or two but he’s pretty much part of the main cast. 

Looks like ep 17 PJW and LEO are wearing their wedding rings again

• Like 2

Finally: Hello My Beach (or Hello, My RickRoll'D) ;)

and another OST:

Oh I think a lot expected this to be a "clean" end, since it was movie-credit ending like. Though some BTS did show that there would be more to come. The other two couples are left open-ended, even if Rini did say she didn't ever want to see him again. 

I love this series, because in the end it boils all down to Eunoh accepting herself, that old, "fake", and new her are all her. I don't think the fact she made a fake identity meant it was a different person, it is a bit of a stupid argument, because any actions done under such identity is still you. Like if you committed a crime and then said, oh I did it while I was someone else, that doesn't matter :D

• Like 7

If they didn't wrap PJW and LEO's story with the ending in episode 16, I really wonder what else could be added. Maybe a small wedding scene?? but to me, episode 16 wrapped up most of the love stories. When I think of 17 now, I just wonder if the focus is all on MH's character. They can't put that much into 30-35 mins of an episode, I think PJW and LEO will appear in one or two scenes max. So I conclude episode 16 for most of the major stories. I look forward to episode 17 but I don't expect that much out of it. It may be the bridge between seasons 1 and 2.

• Like 2

These are scenes that are missing from the drama. Maybe it was suppose to be included when it was announced that it was going to be a short drama of only 12 episodes but then maybe it got deleted as the drama kept extending the episodes and maybe the storyline may have changed a bit. That’s just what I’m thinking. I wonder if we’ll see these scenes in ep 17?

spacer.png
During the BTS, I think PJW was trying to show YSA how to pose like a model or something.

spacer.png

From JCW’s YouTube channel. Was this suppose to be their actual Wedding?

spacer.png

The top picture is a scene similar to the scene in Goblin. I remembered seeing it around on Instagram when the drama was shooting. I remember seeing more BTS pictures of this scene. I can’t find it anymore. (Credits to the owner)

• Like 4

While waiting for ep 17, I read reviews on The Swoon and also Reddit. Reddit has some 300 comments on ep 15 & 16 so if you're gamed to read, it's here: https://www.reddit.com/r/KDRAMA/comments/lfrbqk/lovestruck_in_the_city_episodes_15_16/.

I didn't read everything but some key ones and am glad it's a constructive review with love on the show. Frankly I stopped visiting some websites like DB for example. I feel that the reviewers there dismissed the show very unfairly early on. I feel like they only liked JCW in Healer and everything else is trash for them. 

I wanna leave this comment from a Nurhazirah I read on The Swoon. She articulated many of my thoughts on the show.

"I'll never ever stop hyping up their performance in LITC. Their acting is out of this world. No offense but we know A LOT of popular kdramas that had mediocre acting yet they were being saved due to the 'extraordinary' plot and other (supporting) characters. But with LITC, you must have outstanding acting talent because this drama builds *solely based on human emotions*, so they need to be able to convey the complexity to viewers. And yes- THEY NAILED IT! They made me pondered and wandered for days, leave great remarks for every single ep due to the characters' fragility, flaws, and, doubtness yet full with strength, love, and passion- not idealistic yet realistic. Insane! No one can portray Park Jae Won as perfect as Chang Wook and no other actress who can bring Lee Eun O as flawless as Ji Won. I pray one day both of you gonna meet again in a national tv drama ❤️"

• Like 7

I agree @Mizzy. This show required excellent acting, because the storyline was not overly dramatic or filled with outside effects. It required the actors to feel their characters and then show it to the world, every emotion. 

My favourite scene remains the drunk/dream scene. I am still in awe of this. I've loved every episode (more or less). The journey of LITC.... was breathtaking. I suffered, when there were cliffhangers until the next Tuesday or Friday would arrive. Sure, now people have it easy, because they can breeze through the drama on Netflix in one go. That is why it has a lot of more attention now on Netflix (remains to be #1 on Netflix Korea). 

People who are open-minded, see that this drama showcases the actors' talents, and has a beautiful story, meshing well with the OST and cinematography.

I do not hate Eunoh, the only thing I do complain, is that she never apologised for her deeds. Though Jaewon doesn't need an apology, because he is able to go above that to accept the one he loves. 

However, I don't think it's unrealistic that she opened up to Jaewon after saying she needed to find herself. I think deep down she realised his words (the ones he said while talking about the necklace) were true: that she is the past Eunoh, Yoon Seonah, and current Eunoh. Her actions define her. That is why she decided she won't be afraid anymore, and be with him. 

Also I wanna share this review by a critic who has critiqued the entire series (each episode), but here for the last two: https://streamingonthetelly.com/2021/02/12/lovestruck-in-the-city-episodes-15-16/

• Like 7
4 hours ago, agenth said:

I do not hate Eunoh, the only thing I do complain, is that she never apologised for her deeds. Though Jaewon doesn't need an apology, because he is able to go above that to accept the one he loves.  

Sorry to cut your post short but I also agreed on this part. I wished that in ep 15 when she confessed and came clean, I was hoping that she’ll sincerely and I meant sincerely apologized to PJW for her actions. I know she did but I feel the apology wasn’t really enough. I wished the writer would of done better on that part. PJW was very patient, sincere, and he understood her and supported her decision so he took what came out of her as his closure. That was all that matters. 

I honestly feel that JCW and KJW did an excellent job on their characters. It was a challenge portraying or showcasing human emotions that real people relate too. I’m more surprised in KJW’s acting. She portrayed a character that can make you hate her yet you can understand her and feel for her pain/actions. She deserves more love. 

I believe some people criticized this drama with negative reviews and said the cast wasted their time in this drama because they are not used to this kind of drama format. Yes, it’s different but what makes this drama really unique was how all cast portrayed different kind of relationships that people encountered in real life. I read comments where some people said this drama hits home because they’ve been through it. I believe people need to be patient with this drama and yes it was slow paste and picked up later but I wouldn’t say it was boring. 

I also agreed that people need to be open minded with this kind of drama format. Again I think because it’s not a fairy tale, lovey dovey, cutesy kind of drama, people are having a harder time to understand the characters.

I love this drama though. They can make you laugh, cry, angry, sad, happy, understanding, etc. Plus, the OST was on point. I love every songs. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, elizabeth said:

I honestly feel that JCW and KJW did an excellent job on their characters. It was a challenge portraying or showcasing human emotions that real people relate too. I’m more surprised in KJW’s acting. She portrayed a character that can make you hate her yet you can understand her and feel for her pain/actions. She deserves more love. 

I believe some people criticized this drama with negative reviews and said the cast wasted their time in this drama because they are not used to this kind of drama format. Yes, it’s different but what makes this drama really unique was how all cast portrayed different kind of relationships that people encountered in real life. I read comments where some people said this drama hits home because they’ve been through it. I believe people need to be patient with this drama and yes it was slow paste and picked up later but I wouldn’t say it was boring.

I also think this drama is successfully being a showcase of the casts acting range. They showed their excellent and luxurious acting by portraying every human emotions in the most natural but delicate and effective ways.

Most viewers, especially in Korea, they were in awe and acknowledging the acting skills of the casts.

I read the reviews in naver blogs and I think Koreans youngster love this drama. They said this drama is refreshing and fun, thus pretty realistic and mature. And the strongest point of this drama is the acting of the casts that made them immersed emotionally.

It is so well received in Korea. It has been taking number 1 ranking in tv show netflix for 3 consecutive days plus high views in kakaotv. There wasn’t too much promotion in the middle of the drama so people found the drama in the unique way. There’s a video in the kakaotv channel on youtube when Jae Won and Eun Oh was fighting after PJW found out that YSA was a fake. Youtube algorithm brought people to that video and they were amazed by the acting and directing cause it was like they were seeing a real couple fighting at a street. That clip made them curious then started to watch the drama.

Tbh, international viewers are the one who gave negatives reviews mostly because of the early episodes and interview format.
 kdrama accounts and stan twitter also prefer to hype any other drama besides LITC so they think this drama didn’t do well just because it wasn’t a hype. 

• Like 6

@Ale _ida You're so right that it's (some of) the international audience who dissed the show especially in the beginning about how the show was so Americanized. But I'm happy to know that it's getting better reception right now with the show about to wrap up. It's trending again as Top 10 in many countries now. But what makes me feel really satisfied is that the show is doing so well in Korea. 

One of the sources I go to understand if a show is of good quality or just hype is Douban. Their scores are pretty accurate. A show can be hyped but rated poorly there because the reviewers rate based on quality of the story and the acting. At first LITC received a mediocre grade at about 7.6 or so but it inched up gradually and is now at 8.4. Anything pass 8 is of good quality. 

I'm rewatching the series on Netflix again and I wanna say this, "I FREAKING LOVE ALL THE OSTS!" 

:fullofhearts:

• Like 4

I really enjoyed this series however it could of done without episode 17. I wonder why they didn't show us who answered the phone when KY called her at the end of episode 16. Their story was the worse ending in the series.

I wonder who will lead season 2...I really like director Park Shin Woo's work. He's able to showcase deep emotions in his work through the actors, the music and setting of drama.  I look forward to more of his work and the writers he works with.

• Like 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑