Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can definitely tell that it was awkward for PJW and LEO working together but thrilling and exciting at the same time. They never leave their eyes off each other. They miss each other and are longi

I've watched the episode. Ok I take back any comments about the interview stylec monologues. I guess it beats the actors speaking out loud in other Kdramas.   I think hearing Eun- so speak a

I have seen some people argue that the car scene was creepy/obsessive. I don't think so, because he didn't lock the car door. If she really hated interacting with him so much, she could have just

Ji Chang Wook Reacts Coldly to Kim Ji Won’s Tears On “Lovestruck In The City”

 

KakaoTV’s “Lovestruck in the City” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Previously on “Lovestruck in the City,” Park Jae Won (played by Ji Chang Wook) learned all about Lee Eun Oh (Kim Ji Won)’s hidden past. In addition to discovering the shocking truth that everything about the “Yoon Sun Ah” he had been longing for was a lie, he also found out that Lee Eun Oh was actually close friends with his cousin Choi Kyung Joon (played by Kim Min Seok) and his longtime girlfriend Seo Rin Yi (played by So Ju Yeon).

 

As the Lee Eun Oh described by Choi Kyung Joon turned out to be entirely different from the confident and free-spirited Yoon Sun Ah he’d met, Park Jae Won became curious about the real Lee Eun Oh and her painful past.

 

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Park Jae Won finally confronts Lee Eun Oh about her true identity and the real reason she broke up with him. As Lee Eun Oh emotionally tears up, Park Jae Won looks back at her with a cold gaze that reveals just how much things have changed between them.

 

The next photos show a drunk and despondent Lee Eun Oh headed somewhere with a suitcase, piquing viewers’ curiosity about the journey she is departing on—and whether she is choosing to disappear once again from Park Jae Won’s life now that her secrets have been revealed.

Kim-Ji-Won1.jpgJi-Chang-Wook1.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Ji-Won-4.jpgKim-Ji-Won-2.jpg

The producers of “Lovestruck in the City” teased a complicated change in the relationship between the two leads.

“Lee Eun Oh is extremely shaken after meeting Park Jae Won at the rooftop party,” they said, before promising, “The real reason Lee Eun Oh became Yoon Sun Ah and the hidden truth of why she had to leave Park Jae Won will all be revealed.”

 

The next episode of “Lovestruck in the City” will air on January 29 at 5 p.m. KST.

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451231wpp/ji-chang-wook-reacts-coldly-to-kim-ji-wons-tears-on-lovestruck-in-the-city

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its as good a theory as any. I didn't see that one coming and was completely floored it ended like that. I was desperately checking if she was wearing his sweater. Which means he hopefully saw the rings.

 

I don't know where this story is going. The only certain thing is that her ex is a gigantic douchebag.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Its as good a theory as any. I didn't see that one coming and was completely floored it ended like that. I was desperately checking if she was wearing his sweater. Which means he hopefully saw the rings.

 

I don't know where this story is going. The only certain thing is that her ex is a gigantic douchebag.


While I sympathize with her backstory and can understand why she's behaving the way she does, I can't agree with how she treats PJW. But good that he confronted her with his honest feelings and gave her a piece of his mind!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

.....Let me get this straight...LEO was dumped and felt too ordinary so she impersonates someone she wish she was more like...then she returns to her old self when she got back to Seoul...I'm at a loss of words...I can't try and like LEO more now that this has been revealed. Especially how she treats PJW, its kind of uncalled for and I feel sorry for him. I'm as frustrated with her attitude as PJW is. Okay, 5 episodes left...I was close to giving up on this until LEO woke up in PJW's house. This drama has good cliffhangers.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew Sunyoung was really lonely, wanted to be loved. She was the only one who didn't outright call Jaewon crazy/pathetic for his antics. Yeah, he has turned towards alcohol and a bad toxic routine to deal with his heartbreak from over a year ago. People, like his own cousin, have dismissed his feelings, solely because it was a relationship bourne out of a holiday romance, or because it was sudden or only two months long. But everyone's feelings shouldn't be invalidated.

 

I really like the pacing for this drama. I've seen people say this is boring, or hate on the characters and their actions. Every one of them has their reason for their behaviour.

 

To be honest, I really like the scriptwriting. Each episode has a purpose, a topic. The interviews nicely introduce the theme of the episode, whilst the story accompanies it. 

 

I'm also thinking Eunoh probably sought out the same police station that Jaewon has been at. And maybe they called him in, lol, since it was the only explanation. Or perhaps he found her by the bridge? But damn this cliffhanger. The writer knows how to play with the audience. 

 

Also, I found the meeting between Jaewon and Geon funny. In text/video they were attacking each other, but here when they meet, they could even become friends. Geon immediately even called Jaewon hyung :)

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

So far liking this series, but I do think this is one series that’s pretty much not for everyone. LEO is a very misunderstood character. Also I do believe that she is meant to be with PJW.
 

The reason is that she was in shock pretty much when she met him. Had literally no where to go, no boyfriend, no career basically no hope from any aspect of her future. And Seon ha was her escape mechanism. According to me she did not mean to cheat PJW and she was and is totally in love with him. Having said that the break up left her so weak and so unsure of herself that she couldn’t get herself to tell him the truth. She isn’t being inconsiderate to his feelings but she doesn’t have enough self confidence, self love or even self consideration to believe that he can love her normal self. It’s the break up that has left her that way. She’s scarred and to such an extent that the healing would take years. Before the break up, she might not have been the most spontaneous person but she was good at what she did and they said so that her resume and YSA’s resume was similar. She had some confidence in herself and she had hope to look forward to

a future - a good job and a long term boyfriend. She might have not been as lively and likeable as the original YSA however she was not wallowed in self pity and low confidence like her broken from a break up self.

 

why do they belong together - is because PJWs character is actually strong, self confident and he fell in love with her like crazy. He’s just one of those personalities that you will turn and look at when they enter a party. There’s something assuring, reliable, attractive and very confident about him. It’s really sad that he’s been so badly impacted by the break up with LEO. But even his post break up self - he has a innate strength and presence and doesn’t give up, even LEOs roommate said that he’s cool. It’s this innate strength that did not make him lash out and tell everyone the truth about her right away. He’s the only person who has the courage, strength and love in him to reconcile LEO’s two personalities, understand her hurt, accept her and support her through her healing journey. 
 

Yes, It’s not his responsibility to heal her but it’s also true that she’s too lonely even with such good friends to heal by herself. We are all humans and as much as it is true that we need to heal ourselves, it’s also true that there are points in our life when we need a hand to get out of a pit. That can come in the form of any human and in her case it’s PJW. Call it destiny’s compensation for the intense pain it’s given her.
 

hope this helps you all to see LEO in new light. 

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

From today’s episode, some may feel that PJW’s confrontation towards her was harsh but I don’t think it was harsh at all. To me, it was a reality check for her. I feel that she’s bottling up everything inside and she doesn’t tell anyone her feelings or what she’s going through not even about her time in Yangyang. So her friends can’t get her the help she needs. They know she’s hurt but they don’t do anything because they don’t want to see her in a vulnerable state. Which was why they didn’t tell her about encountering her ex fiancé. I am as frustrated as PJW because she wouldn’t tell him anything instead she keeps pushing him away. His confrontation was something that she needed to hear. Life sucks but sometimes others gotta point things out in order for that person to see what the other is feeling and that was what PJW was doing because he knows that she keeps running away from the problem instead of coming out clean and honest. He’s telling her how he feels and yes the truth hurts but it’s also something that she has to deal with it. 
 

This episode also shows who she was before she became YSA. She lacks confidence and may have insecurities about herself. She was being compared to others. She is already good in what she’s doing but in others eyes she was not good enough. Feeling betrayed, rejected and alone, she became someone that people will love to be around with because her real self was too ordinary so she wanted to feel accepted and became someone that she’s not. Whether PJW came at the wrong time or right time, I think that he showed her a lot of love, healed her in a way while he didn’t know what she was going through, and he gave her life again which was why she said he made her found herself again. And now I can understand her a bit when she wanted to tell him the truth during her interview towards the end. She does love him and wanted to come clean but it was her fear of being rejected again, she was scared and didn’t want to go through it again and didn’t want to be left alone. So she chose to run away because she feel that it was the right thing to do and maybe PJW will forget her and move on but he didn’t. He was just as miserable as she was. 
 

I think that confrontation with PJW probably knocked some sense into her so she ended up drinking and I think she must of gone to his place. In the flash back when she left Seoul to Yangyang, she said the bus led her to PJW.. so I’m thinking she took the bus to his place and probably blacked out from the alcohol so he took her in. My other option was also, she pulled a PJW and went to the police station drunk and they called PJW because they already know the situation. I guess love does make you do crazy things.. when you’re drunk.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Raynaa said:

why do they belong together - is because PJWs character is actually strong, self confident and he fell in love with her like crazy. He’s just one of those personalities that you will turn and look at when they enter a party. There’s something assuring, reliable, attractive and very confident about him. It’s really sad that he’s been so badly impacted by the break up with LEO. But even his post break up self - he has a innate strength and presence and doesn’t give up, even LEOs roommate said that he’s cool. It’s this innate strength that did not make him lash out and tell everyone the truth about her right away. He’s the only person who has the courage, strength and love in him to reconcile LEO’s two personalities, understand her hurt, accept her and support her through her healing journey.

Thanks for writing this!!!

Actually I was struggling to understand my thought process, since I also feel they belong together, but I couldn't put it in words - and your words are simply making sense! Whilst Jaewon kept whining and drinking, I didn't think that was his real personality, just his behaviour for the momen as a result of his heartbreak. 

 

Anyway, here's the preview: 

 

and the OST release:

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2021 at 4:20 AM, Raynaa said:

So far liking this series, but I do think this is one series that’s pretty much not for everyone. LEO is a very misunderstood character. Also I do believe that she is meant to be with PJW.
 

The reason is that she was in shock pretty much when she met him. Had literally no where to go, no boyfriend, no career basically no hope from any aspect of her future. And Seon ha was her escape mechanism. According to me she did not mean to cheat PJW and she was and is totally in love with him. Having said that the break up left her so weak and so unsure of herself that she couldn’t get herself to tell him the truth. She isn’t being inconsiderate to his feelings but she doesn’t have enough self confidence, self love or even self consideration to believe that he can love her normal self. It’s the break up that has left her that way. She’s scarred and to such an extent that the healing would take years. Before the break up, she might not have been the most spontaneous person but she was good at what she did and they said so that her resume and YSA’s resume was similar. She had some confidence in herself and she had hope to look forward to

a future - a good job and a long term boyfriend. She might have not been as lively and likeable as the original YSA however she was not wallowed in self pity and low confidence like her broken from a break up self.

 

why do they belong together - is because PJWs character is actually strong, self confident and he fell in love with her like crazy. He’s just one of those personalities that you will turn and look at when they enter a party. There’s something assuring, reliable, attractive and very confident about him. It’s really sad that he’s been so badly impacted by the break up with LEO. But even his post break up self - he has a innate strength and presence and doesn’t give up, even LEOs roommate said that he’s cool. It’s this innate strength that did not make him lash out and tell everyone the truth about her right away. He’s the only person who has the courage, strength and love in him to reconcile LEO’s two personalities, understand her hurt, accept her and support her through her healing journey. 
 

Yes, It’s not his responsibility to heal her but it’s also true that she’s too lonely even with such good friends to heal by herself. We are all humans and as much as it is true that we need to heal ourselves, it’s also true that there are points in our life when we need a hand to get out of a pit. That can come in the form of any human and in her case it’s PJW. Call it destiny’s compensation for the intense pain it’s given her.
 

hope this helps you all to see LEO in new light. 


 

Wooww I really like your pov. That’s true!! Many see PJW as weak just because he still can’t move on after a year, and because he loves someone too much. But it needs courage and self confident to give your heart to someone like PJW did. He might sounds pathetic during the interview because he only told his heart break story but if they meet him in person, their reaction would be like Kang Geon.
On the other hand, I think that’s also the reason why LEO was afraid to face him when they supposed to meet at the river. Seoul PJW is also different with yangyang PJW. In yangyang he was so casual and carefree, he was approachable. In seoul, he is way more... classy? Totally looks like someone in a high class of society. LEO was lack of self confident especially after she’s back to Seoul. Imagine she found PJW in Seoul, was waiting for her in his strong presence while she was being so unsure of herself. She didn’t even dare to approach him, unlike when she was in yangyang when there wasn’t any gap between them.

 

What PJW said indeed hurtful. But that is the truth. He didn’t say that LEO was boring or ordinary. He said that LEO is still a coward, because she is still afraid to speak the truth. If LEO was being honest and gave him any explanation, there wouldn’t be that kind of words. I think that’s important for him to say that to LEO, so she can realize that she has to step forward. 
 

The truth is sometimes hurtful when it said, but how we can reflect to it and make any better change is how we grow as a person.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Raynaa I totally agree with you why PJW is right for LEO. His character is very driven, passionate in his work, strong and a straight forward guy. Hence, when he said “I love you” when they had their one night together. Whether it felt right or wrong at the time, his feelings were real. He had confidence that she’ll love him back. His personality balances well with her’s because he will be someone that will help and guide her or even push her to get out of her comfort zone to become a more successful or even of a better person. While compared to her douchebag, cheating ex fiancé.. instead of encouraging and supporting her, he got bored with her. She was too “bored and ordinary” which lead him to cheating because he feel out of love. 

 

Before she met PJW, in ep 11, when KJ told a little bit about LEO’s past, he said “she used to be innocently kind and quiet but after that, she changed a lot”. So after meeting PJW, she had more confidence but she is still very afraid of expressing her own feelings and scared of being judged by her flaws. Yes, she went back to her old self after Yangyang but she wasn’t the person she was before Yangyang. In ep 10, when LEO went back to retrieve her surfboard, she said “he helped me find the real LEO, not the old foolish LEO or YSA but the real LEO”.  He helped her in ways that he didn’t even know it whether it was YSA or LEO, it meant a lot to her. 
 

In ep 12, he called her coward and a liar from the beginning. I’m sure he didn’t mean it. He only said it out of frustration. While compared to her friends, they love her but they don’t do anything.. not even confronting her or putting her in check.. they don’t want to hurt her feelings so they just let it be. It doesn’t seem like they’re trying to reach out to her to see what’s going on. And then here’s PJW, he still loves her so he’s pushing her or putting her in check to get whatever it is that she’s holding inside out because no one is doing it. He’s only doing that because she can’t keep pushing everyone away and keeping everything inside of her forever. The only person that can help themselves starts with them self. PJW is reaching out to her and he can only do so much and the rest is all up to LEO herself. I believe he is just waiting on her to confess her true, honest feelings. She’s in denial, lying to herself. She’s only afraid PJW will not love her for who she is or her flaws. 

 

I also agreed with @Ale _ida PJW in Yangyang was different from the PJW in Seoul so this could also lead to LEO not being confident enough to tell him the truth when she went to Cheonggyecheon. She’s afraid of rejection if he knew the truth. I also agreed that hearing the truth from other people’s POV may sound hurtful but it’s also to better themselves and grow from it. To change.. which is something LEO needs to work on. 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed the past 4 episodes! It's nice to finally discover Lee Eun Oh's side of things. The first half of the show was very much centred around Park Jae Won and his search for the truth while learning to let go, whereas this second half seems to mark the start of Eun Oh's story and journey to self-discovery and self-acceptance.

 

Some thoughts:

- I really like the balance of serious and funny in this show. For example, episode 9 was an emotionally heavy episode with the Jae Won finding out Eun Oh's real identity and blowing up at her response (or lack of). Yet, it was sprinkled with bits of comedy ("are you a man?" and the precious credits scene) that lightened the tone without taking away the severity of the situation.

 

- I also like how minor characters are treated with depth, like Jae Won's psychiatrist friend who has only appeared twice so far but comes across as a person whose surface appearance is at odds with his private life.

 

- There seems to be some hints in the latest episode that Rin-I's and Kyung Jun's relationship is not all perfect. Firstly, Rin-I doesn't want to get married. I don't know if Kyung Jun wants to get married (if I've missed something, my bad!), but if he does, that's going to be a BIG problem in the future, as it signifies a misalignment of life goals. Secondly, their lifestyles are different. Rin-I is frugal and content with picking up second-hand furniture, while Kyung Jun is willing to pay for new and high-quality goods. When she saw the new drawers he bought for her, her first reaction was not to thank him, but to ask him about the price. Furthermore, not only did she not keep it, she attempted to sell it away. While this difference in lifestyle can resolved through compromise, it could also potentially cause a rift in the long run.

 

- Episode 12 really made me feel for Eun Oh. Jae Won's words to her were justified and true, yet they were also very harsh and I, like Eun Oh, felt a stab in my heart after hearing them. Her struggles are relatable - I have definitely found myself falling into the trap of comparing myself to others time and time again, and have yearned to be someone else. For her to be called ordinary not once or twice, but three times, as well as losing two facets of her life in less than a week because of that, must have been an unimaginably big blow to her sense of self-worth. The obvious solution to her then, was to take on the persona of Yoon Seon A, who seemed to be the epitome of individuality and likeability. Not that going out of one's comfort zone is a bad thing - Eun Oh has definitely gained some confidence after her time in Yang Yang. However, in the process, swung to the other extreme and appeared as someone she's not. A big difference is that Seon A is outgoing and open (e.g. screaming to the whole world that she's married) while Eun Oh is naturally more reserved and private. That is an aspect of one's personality that can't be altered, and is why she ended up in this whole mess in the first place - even as Seon A, she couldn't help but hide parts of herself, which brings up the biggest gap in Eun Oh's thinking: Seon A at the interview was not well-liked simply because she was different, but more importantly, because she was genuine in her responses and the way she presented herself. This is echoed in Jae Won's words: he liked Seon A not just for her bohemian vibe or uniqueness (he even found her prettier in her "ordinary" style!), but her (seeming) honesty and sincerity. While cutting, it's a good lesson for Eun Oh as she continues to discover her true self and learn to reveal that self to those around her.

 

- To end on a lighter note, I'm super glad that we are getting more of Sun Young! I love her character - she's totally my woman-crush heh.

 

Had fun reading through all your thoughts, and am looking forward to this week's episodes! :)

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

*Please read after watching Episode 13*

 

I wonder what happens next, will PJW and LEO they tell others the truth or spin stories? also I wonder if PJW saw the rings when he carried her to the car and later his room? Cant wait to see what happens next!

 

in today’s episode during the car conversation PJW asks LEO how does she behave when she’s in love? Is he trying to tell LEO that though she copied/impersonated the real Seon Ah it was more about her appearance (hair, tattoos) but the way she behaved openly, candidly, did everything with all her heart and stopped saying no/being scared or apprehensive was actually her true self cause she was in love? That the disguise actually set her free to be herself? Also Is he trying to convince her that they were and are still in love? If so the writers are just wow ♥️

  • Like 4
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..