Quantcast

[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can definitely tell that it was awkward for PJW and LEO working together but thrilling and exciting at the same time. They never leave their eyes off each other. They miss each other and are longi

I've watched the episode. Ok I take back any comments about the interview stylec monologues. I guess it beats the actors speaking out loud in other Kdramas.   I think hearing Eun- so speak a

I have seen some people argue that the car scene was creepy/obsessive. I don't think so, because he didn't lock the car door. If she really hated interacting with him so much, she could have just

Thanks @cherkell for sharing PJW’s home. If you guys seen Personal Taste with Lee Min Ho and Son Ye Jin, PJW’s house in the drama almost reminded me of Son Ye Jin’s character’s house. I almost thought it was the same. Traditional mixed with modern. It’s very unique. 

• Like 1

Thanks @cherkell for sharing that info. I was just admiring his residence. These hanoks are beautiful! I wanted to stay in one during our trips there but it’s so expensive! I did pass by the one that was used for Personal Taste but we could only take a pic outside.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, elizabeth said:

Thanks @cherkell for sharing PJW’s home. If you guys seen Personal Taste with Lee Min Ho and Son Ye Jin, PJW’s house in the drama almost reminded me of Son Ye Jin’s character’s house. I almost thought it was the same. Traditional mixed with modern. It’s very unique. 

15 hours ago, Mizzy said:

Thanks @cherkell for sharing that info. I was just admiring his residence. These hanoks are beautiful! I wanted to stay in one during our trips there but it’s so expensive! I did pass by the one that was used for Personal Taste but we could only take a pic outside.

Thanks guys!  A friend that lives nearby in Jongno-gu tipped me to the info.  And the last time I was in Bukchon in January 2019, I saw that the 'Personal Taste' house converted back to a private residence and that block is now totally off-limits to tourists due to the abuse the owners were getting from fans demanding to be let in for photographs.  *morons*

A bit of camera-foolery, though:  The front door to Jae-won's house is filmed at an entirely different street in the area; it's only the courtyard and interiors that are filmed at the gallery.  You may also notice that the address plate shown on Jae-won's house is totally fake as well.  That was specially made up for the drama so as to keep out the riff-raff from bothering the neighborhood.

Until the pandemic shut everything down, there were some great tours offered of the hanoks that were open to the public.  Hopefully they will start up again in time for my next trip over... after we're all vaccinated, of course.  ^_^

• Like 4

Loved the surfboard scene 

KJW killed that scene 

And the surf board is indeed so gorgeous 

Loving seeing the gals side of the feelings now 

The writer of this show is a GEM 

and way underrated 

I m so glad this work is on Netflix and getting the recognition it so deserves 

• Like 5
14 hours ago, cherkell said:

A bit of camera-foolery, though:  The front door to Jae-won's house is filmed at an entirely different street in the area; it's only the courtyard and interiors that are filmed at the gallery.  You may also notice that the address plate shown on Jae-won's house is totally fake as well.  That was specially made up for the drama so as to keep out the riff-raff from bothering the neighborhood.

Until the pandemic shut everything down, there were some great tours offered of the hanoks that were open to the public.  Hopefully they will start up again in time for my next trip over... after we're all vaccinated, of course.  ^_^

Thanks for letting us know. I'll be sure to drop by respectfully next time I am in Seoul. I find the area around Bukcheon nice and picturesque as well, and residential with the old traditional houses and fewer people. Yeah, there are sometimes giggling girls there, too, but for most of it, I found it to be very peaceful. There's nothing wrong with looking at houses and buildings (haha I missed my calling as architect ;)), but we as humans of course ruin everything. 

26 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

Lovestruck in the City is ranked top trending drama at Kpopmap in 3rd week of Jan and JCW and KJW are both top 2 trending actors.

https://www.kpopmap.com/kpopmap-weekly-most-popular-dramas-actors-on-kpopmap-3rd-week-of-january/

Very well deserved! 

I think this drama requires the audience maturity, and willingness to broaden horizons. Most people who rather stick to the traditional formula will probably call this show "boring". It makes me feel pity, because this show is amazing. Yeah, the characters do questionable actions, but that's life and people. Nobody is perfect. 

I have introduced the drama to a few people who only are casual kdrama watchers, and generally say they are bad at following a series, but they love it so much. Coming from a non-kdrama background to watch this is probably easier to swallow. 

• Like 2

I noticed the parting of PJW's hair has gone back to the center in the preview. Hmm. Not quite the same as the time he was at the beach, but definitely different from previous episodes. I wonder if it's got to do with a new phase in their relationship. But I like him with side parting. The center parting reminds me of MMS and SP. 

The last scene in today's episode, DANG. I think the last scene was too realistic. I'm sure many people have been in LEO's shoes while she finally meets him again. The butterflies in your stomach type of meeting, portrayed wonderfully.

30 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Is there a preview? I finished the episode which I've been waiting for since Friday. And there's no preview... so I am dying from curiosity.

There are usually 2 previews for the next episode, one is uploaded the day after the last episode and the second is uploaded the day before the next episode. I will make sure to post it here for you. 

• Thanks 1

I love today’s episode 11. LEO’s friends are truly wonderful and a blessing in her life. You don’t get that kind of friendship often. Sticking by her side and still angry at the thought of what her cheating ex fiancé did. Kang Geon is so funny.. welling to go all the way to Busan to give him a beating. I also love that they tried to keep it to themselves about not mentioning the ex in front of LEO. They are so sweet and so protective of LEO. They don’t want her to be hurt. I love love their friendship. Also, I wonder if they’re trying to get LEO drunk so that she can tell them about the rings? They are so funny.

The scene where Kyung Joon explained to PJW about LEO’s past made my heart hurt... a bit teary eyed. Can’t imagine what LEO was going through at the time. The pain, the betrayal, the hurt, and everything else. They were about to get married, then he got a girl pregnant. It’s so devastating. So heartbreaking. At least now he got all the answers he needed to know about LEO and he can now rest assured that she is not dating any other guys. At least for now there’s no more misunderstandings on his part.  

Now, I understand why she became YSA. Her time in Yangyang was to just really escape reality and do whatever she wanted that she couldn’t do before. PJW just happened to appeared at the time that she was going through so much. Maybe wrong timing but that time felt right for him. She was vulnerable but she hid it by being a free spirited, carefree person and PJW feel in love with her without knowing who she was or what she was going through. I feel like I wanted to go through the screen to give LEO a hug. 

I also enjoyed the short flash back and twist of LEO and how she impersonated the real YSA. I wish the episodes were a bit longer so we can actually see what the real YSA was like and how LEO became fascinated by her. It was an interesting scene to watch. 

OMG!! The ending. PJW meeting LEO for the first time (2nd time) and not YSA. When they shook hands and PJW gripped her hand before KJ broke off the hand shake. I think after finding out her past, he is starting to understand LEO a bit. I think he’s going to give it a try and give it a chance by learning more about LEO and letting go of YSA. “Because everything about her was fake.” Maybe he’s hinting that he’s moving on from YSA because she doesn’t exist. I think this time he’ll fall in love with LEO for real and this time it’ll be her true self.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

I love the friendship. I think this is one of the strengths of this drama. Makes me wish I have friends who grew up with me. 

The ending...was brilliant. All the anticipation and buildup and they gave us one heartwarming scene. But I did feel that PJW's words were a little cutting for LEO. But then again, for all the pain he suffered, it's quite kind of him especially for not doing any exposé.  I think her friends will know the truth in the end but I'm glad PJW is not the one revealing it.

Her fake persona at the beach was her way of coping then. I think more people are now sympathetic toward her considering how she was cheated back then. But whether we'll love her at the end depends on how she treats PJW. Right now, I'm neutral about her. I think I love Rin Yi more.

I'm quite surprised about the meeting between PJW and Kang Geon considering how they poked at each other during the interview. 

Excited for the upcoming episodes and YAY, Netflix has confirmed the drama is now 17 episode and will end on 16 Feb. 

:issohappy:

So happy to see LITC coming back to Top 10 shows on Netflix in countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Philippines, and Vietnam. Of course what's great is that it has always been trending as Top 10 in South Korea.

:gangnamstyle:

While waiting for the new episode, I thought a lot about the meeting of Jaewon and Eunoh in the presence of their friends. Two worlds collide, and once again the look in his eyes speaks of hope. Instead of confronting her about her lies from not just him, but their friends, he simply shakes her hand and wants a fresh start, but of course even though the name is different, the face, history and person is the same. So it will be hard to separate past from present, even though that is exactly what they need to do. But in order to do that, one has to let go of things of the past. 

Anyway, here is the preview for the next episode:

And the next OST to come out on Saturday. I think this one is going to be on a repeat for me !

• Like 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑