Quantcast

[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

I love today’s episode. Those two months they spent together was meaningful and special for both of them at least to PJW. Though, I still feel so sad and so bad for him because he’s still clueless about what she did. The scene of him at the police station was heartbreaking. 

I wish LEO’s two reasons was more. I was looking for more reasons behind her two reasons. The two reasons she mentioned feel too weak like it doesn’t really back up her actions. This episode made me feel angry towards her though. If she’s so quick to throw away the surf board and the ring that she supposedly threw away.. why is she still holding on to the memories? Like the pictures and cameras? I feel like her feelings are confused. Like what does she want out from this? If she truly does love and care for him then come clean instead of running away but if she just wants to leave it in the past, then move on. Otherwise, it’ll just hurt her especially PJW even more. 

On a happy note, I enjoyed the friendship between Rin Yi, Kang Geon, and Eun Oh. The three of them are funny when they’re together and the dance that they were doing in the kitchen. I love KG’s reasons why he doesn’t find the two of them attractive. Lol

Also, on another good note. I love the chemistry between JCW and KJW. They’re on another level. Just pure love. One thing for sure for JCW, stick with the Ji’s and they’ll definitely bring the chemistry to the screen.
Ha Ji Won, Nam Ji Hyun, Kim Ji Won. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can definitely tell that it was awkward for PJW and LEO working together but thrilling and exciting at the same time. They never leave their eyes off each other. They miss each other and are longi

I've watched the episode. Ok I take back any comments about the interview stylec monologues. I guess it beats the actors speaking out loud in other Kdramas.   I think hearing Eun- so speak a

I have seen some people argue that the car scene was creepy/obsessive. I don't think so, because he didn't lock the car door. If she really hated interacting with him so much, she could have just

I guess ep 7 has many people happy cos of the skinship. I wish they are meeting. It's a bit slow in that regards and I'm impatient. It doesn't help that the next episode is 3 days later. 

But the friendship is cute. It's not easy to have friends from childhood who hangs together, much less your partner who accepts your friends.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mizzy said:

I guess ep 7 has many people happy cos of the skinship. I wish they are meeting. It's a bit slow in that regards and I'm impatient. It doesn't help that the next episode is 3 days later. 

But the friendship is cute. It's not easy to have friends from childhood who hangs together, much less your partner who accepts your friends.

Me too, I can’t wait to their meeting any longer. Or at least, his cousin must know about LEO. He can’t laugh at him anymore if he knows. Now seeing their lovely moment flashback only gives me pain in my chest...

how PJW feels so lonely and heart broken while no one understands him, it hurts me the most cause I know how it feels. 

I hope PJW wouldn’t just accept LEO easily, better if he heals himself first then move on, and learn from this experience.

As for LEO, can she feels sorry for PJW a little bit? At least she needs to apologise... I didn’t see her having bad feeling about hurting PJW at all... before she needed to learn self love but now I think she’s just being so selfish...

• Like 2

Actually, I have seen a lot of comments about people losing patience with Jaewon's heartbreaking antics, since "it's been a year already, get a grip". In drama, it hasn't even been 4 hours. The beautiful flashback scenes are always contrasted against the sober reality and that play is truly beautiful. The director is a gem.

I have to say I miss a bit of the witty interview repartee. When the four friends had fun together, in the meanwhile Jaewon is suffering alone, and Sunyoung probably as well, considering she also ended up in the police station. 

For the drama's sake Jaewon needs a reality check, but now that he remembered his dash box has footage of Eunoh, he can't let go again. But what happened to the picture he got from the photo studio? It seems like he will find her picture now and his cousin will recognise his gf's friend. This episode was a filler and I hope that Friday's episode goes out with a bang. Need to prepare for a cliffhanger. 

• Awesome 1

Who is the writer? I have just tried to watch this as a marathon but its so hard with the monologues.

I finally finished ep 7 and they still hadn't met up? I like JCW but even for him its torturous watching this drama. All the multiple monologues are so draggy. I don't know what format the writer is trying to achieve. I like the actors separately from their previous works but man this isn't a slow build up. Its more like a concept from the writer and I ain't so sure I like it. 

Why do the viewers have to spend 7 hours of flashback watching? Its like the time jump is taking 7 episodes long. Blech. Before we reach the current timeline. I am even less impressed with the leads now after seeing them mope for so long.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Who is the writer? I have jusf tried to watch this as a marathon but its so hard with the monologues.

I finally finished ep 7 and they still hadn't met up? I like JCW but even for him its torturous watching this drama. All the multiple monologues are so draggy. I don't know what format the writer is trying to achieve. I like the actors separately from their previous works but man this isn't a slow build up. Its more like a concept from the writer and I ain't so sure I like it. 

Why do the viewers have to spend 7 hours of flashback watching? Its like the time jump is taking 7 episodes long. Blech. Before we reach the current timeline. I am even less impressed with the leads now after seeing them mope for so long.

The writer is Jung Hyun-Jung. JCW has said he has waited to work with her together. I haven't seen any of her previous works, tbh, except 1 episode of Romance is a Bonus Book  (which I dropped because I didn't like the FL). She's also done the I Need Romance series, Because It's My First Time, Discovery of Love...

I enjoy the flashbacks. It fleshes out the past history and we can see it wasn't just a fling. Besides the cinematography, the music, the chemistry is just chef's kiss. But I understand your frustration because many people are telling Jaewon to get over it, because it's been a year and he is "pathetic". The fact is he was unable to get closure, and I feel this is relatable. But I, too, want him to get a move on. In drama time, it hasn't even been 4 hours. Friday will be the half-point time, so I expect a more important episode. n

Anyway, here's the preview of Episode 8. It's the chasing scene that someone saw by chance a few weeks ago. Will they meet ??? Finally? Or will they not meet here, and meet sometime else randomly. 

• Like 2

Huh? I like the writer. Maybe this story format is the experiment on her part. I do remember the writer totally dropped the FL's child during the Romance is a bonus book. And for all her other dramas there was always a " what the heck is that? " part of her writing.

People tend to watch a drama that has a story in the present time. Not told via flashbacks. This must be the concept for this drama. How to relate or accept a different reality or accept reality. And letting go of a fantasy.

I am off to bed. I will give Friday's episode a go. If they don't meet by then I am dropping it till the last episode airs. Seon- ah was too bohemian for me anyway.

I think more people would like this drama if the main leads are together and we see the flashbacks. Kyung Joon and Rin Yi are like that. Because they're together now, so it's fun to see their backstory. 

I don't like how Eun Oh is written. I'm thinking maybe Jae Won is better off ending up with Sun Young after seeing them look so good together in ep 6.

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook And Kim Ji Won Tearfully Reunite On “Lovestruck In The City”

Get ready for an emotional reunion between Ji Chang Wook and Kim Ji Won on the next episode of KakaoTV’s “Lovestruck in the City”!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Lovestruck in the City,” Park Jae Won (played by Ji Chang Wook) and Lee Eun Oh (played by Kim Ji Won) tugged at viewers’ heartstrings by showing how much they still missed each other. Although the two attempted to move on and leave behind their memories of the time they spent together, they were unable to forget one another as they both continued pining on their own.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Park Jae Won and Lee Eun Oh finally run into each other again, leading to a tearful reunion between the long-lost lovers. The couple’s teary gazes—and the way they cling to one another for comfort—reveal just how strong their feelings for each other are, even after all this time.

Ji-Chang-Wook.jpgKim-Ji-Won.jpg

Spoiler

Ji-Chang-Wook-Kim-Ji-Won-22.jpg

The producers of “Lovestruck in the City” teased, “Park Jae Won and Lee Eun Oh, who missed each other but were unable to meet, will happen to run into each other. Their reunion, which will be marked by tears of heartache, will also tug at the heartstrings of those watching. Please look forward to Ji Chang Wook and Kim Ji Won’s chemistry as they portray heartbreaking emotions.”

To find out how Park Jae Won, who knows Lee Eun Oh as “Yoon Sun Ah,” will be able to track her down—and whether the couple will be able to pick up their romance where they left off—catch the next episode of “Lovestruck in the City” on January 15 at 5 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448789wpp/ji-chang-wook-and-kim-ji-won-tearfully-reunite-on-lovestruck-in-the-city

• Sad 1

Ep 8 was deadset funny. I laughed at the ending. Hahaha. If I was the policeman I would be throwing the bag at him. Where is the preview?

His friend's drunk behaviour is nuts. So so funny. The one and only time I was ugly drunk was the first and last time I was ever that drunk again. And its also dangerous as I've discovered especially if you drink around the wrong people.

That's why I shake my head at the Korean drinking and drunk scenes. It looks so unsafe for a female at work drinking rounds. And even for guys its nuts.

The only certainty is that the male or female lead will end up with alcoholic liver cirrhosis.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Ep 8 was deadset funny. I laughed at the ending. Hahaha. If I was the policeman I would be throwing the bag at him. Where is the preview?

The previews usually are post the day after the last episode, and a second one the day before the next episode.

Episode 8 once again was a rollercoaster of an episode. My heart broke when he thought he was having mental delusions due to his alcoholism, and when he met his friend lmao who thought he lost his girlfriend but it turns out she's his wife and they have a baby - whaaaat. 

That bar scene. Ugh. I'm still trying to recuperate from that. The silent crying, the gazes, and still it makes no sense to me. (Hey, he still has that photo of her, doesn't he?? So why can't he show that to his cousin? This is just a glaring plothole). 

I really liked Sunyoung, the only who empathising with Jaewon's pain. The others have apparently had no real heartbreak to suffer from, so it's easy to say "hey get over it". 

25 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

That's why I shake my head at the Korean drinking and drunk scenes. It looks so unsafe for a female at work drinking rounds. And even for guys its nuts.

The only certainty is that the male or female lead will end up with alcoholic liver cirrhosis.

Sadly the drinking is a reality. Soju is dead cheap, so there's a lot of alcoholism. 

• Blob 1

I thought ep 8 was sad, then the mood suddenly changed with the drinking friend. It was hilarious. And the ending! I love that the police arrested her. HA.

The worst kind of breakups are those with no closure and you are left wondering why. Unfortunately, the one who initiates the breakup will think nothing of your sentimental feelings. So I definitely can emphatize with Jae Won and I really dislike Eun Oh now, which is why I’m happy she got arrested. Man, Jae Won needs to be tougher with her after all the trauma she caused him. Why is he still so sweet to her?

As for her photo, I see it more as a memory lapse then plothole. I think it’s quite normal he forgot about it momentarily given all the recent happenings. He’s not thinking clearly enough and I won’t be surprised he’s still intoxicated. 

It’s funny also how the cousins fought. They’re so nasty toward each other. 

Oh about getting drunk and forgetting what you did? Boy, I remember a friend had to relate to me what I did when I was drunk. I was like...I DID THAT???  I couldn’t remember a thing of it the morning after. 

But JCW looked so handsome when he’s drunk. Gosh, can’t get over how dashing he looks. 

:fullofhearts:

• Like 1

Soju is dead cheap in South Korea. So expensive outside. I had a craving for makgeolli but its so expensive overseas- where I am now. I think its funny when I drink flavoured soju and makgeolli when I am over there. But bring overseas wines into S Korea for gifts for Koreans living there. I can't stomach paying over $30 for a small bottle of makgeolli.

This Covid. I am having such bad cravings for Korean food and alcohol right now and no way of flying over there.

Every time I've looked at the Cheongyecheon stream scenes it makes me wish I was there again. Doesn't it look lovely? I am pretty sure I know which stretch it is. I've been there so many times and walk kilometres of it- too lazy to catch the subway when the weather is nice. I use it to walk to Gwanjang market and beyond from City Hall.

The plot for this drama is slightly crazy. I still haven't gotten the point why the writer wants to grind our face into the dirt/ past. I know its common to have a tortured love line but this is carrying it a bit far. That guy is really suffering. There better be a fantastic reason why its so important that a name change made her abandon him.

Her backstory better be a darn good one to excuse her behaviour.

• Like 1

Today's episode was so heartbreaking! The "dream" scene was wonderfully performed by Ji Chang Wook! I truly felt his pain and helplessness thru this scene. I can't help but dislike Yoon Seon-A even more!! The reason for their break up hasn't been revealed yet but I hope its a very very good reason because right now I don't see myself forgiving her for what she did to Park Jae Won.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mizzy said:

I thought ep 8 was sad, then the mood suddenly changed with the drinking friend. It was hilarious. And the ending! I love that the police arrested her. HA.

But JCW looked so handsome when he’s drunk. Gosh, can’t get over how dashing he looks. 

hahaha yeah but strictly speaking it's not "theft". Something more like dereliction? Since She didn't take the camera away.  Besides I probably think he'd just release her? 

Why does he look especially beautiful during the crying scenes? My heart broke, but I still couldn't stop marvelling. Yeah maybe he lost the photo while drunk the last time ... It's a moot point now I guess. Because I really hope her identity will be revealed next week. 

Lmao the cousins. Gyungjoon clearly has the upper hand.

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

The plot for this drama is slightly crazy. I still haven't gotten the point why the writer wants to grind our face into the dirt/ past. I know its common to have a tortured love line but this is carrying it a bit far. That guy is really suffering. There better be a fantastic reason why its so important that a name change made her abandon him.

It's mind-blowing that she saw him in this sad state and still walked away without rectifying this, even though she clearly cares about him, but won't admit it. And when she said that he LIED. I was about to shake her lol. There must be something awful in her past, something that Sunyoung too picked up on. She says that Eunoh is shifty haha, although she said that in relation to Geon. 

but the real heartbreaking part is that she saw him in this state, and did not care to mend her ways.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Wow, $30 for makgeolli is too much! 

As for Eun Oh, I get why she does what she does even without the backstory cos I’ve come across something like that IRL. It’s awful and that’s why many feel it’s unacceptable but these things do happen. Girls like that do exist.

Hope she gets more likeable in the coming episodes. I still want them together so she has to at least deserve his love. But I find Jae Won weird too. Didn’t he seem less willing to divulge they were “married” back at the resort? Then how is it he’s saying it’s for real to him now? <_< He’s just being obsessive IMO. 

46 minutes ago, agenth said:

Why does he look especially beautiful during the crying scenes? My heart broke, but I still couldn't stop marvelling. Yeah maybe he lost the photo while drunk the last time ... It's a moot point now I guess. Because I really hope her identity will be revealed next week. 

Sorry, what I was saying was that I read it as he probably had a memory lapse or just not thinking clearly to remember he has their photo. 

I was also comparing his crying scenes in BR and it’s so different. That’s why I like to watch his dramas. He always look different in his roles. 

Hmm...I have a bad feeling I'm not gonna like the reason they broke up or the reason they broke up isn't good enough...This is from the same director of Its okay to not be okay and the climax in that drama wasn't as good as I hoped for...I hope this isn't a repeat of a weak climax.

• Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑