[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

kattkedi

Today's epsiode belonged to JCW and KJW only..the chemistry is electrifying.. . God his frustration desperation heartbreak was beyond magical.... I cant believe the drunk scene whereas I hv seen like a zillion drunk scenes in movies and dramas 

The dialogues were also very good 

I m so glad this show is there on Netflix for the world to see... 

Guys PLZ write to JCW and KJW on their insta acct wall that how good they both were in today's epi 

Just copy paste ur comment here and write there 

They both need to know how much we r loving them and also the show 

Tag them and also kakaotv 

• Like 2

I repeated their "dream" scene in ep 8 like 8 times or more. It's SO good! Both acted so well but my heart goes out to Jae Won.

The reason I support JCW in all his dramas is because he always gives us his best. He doesn't cry the same way because he always immersed himself in the character. I remember him crying in Healer and in Backstreet Rookie. They were so different.

Much as I don't fancy the lead couple story as much, they do give me a lot of feels. And if you think of the real world, aren't relationships unpredictable because of different personalities, background, etc. There are many couples in toxic relationships also. Not all relationships are fairy tale like. Not everyone can walk away from a failed relationship coolly. You get that in dramas a lot. But they're so unreal.

• Insightful 1

A further preview for tomorrow’s episode. Finally her real name is revealed.

ahhh I love that disbelief and anger in his face. Yes this is her. She tricked you. 

The chemistry between the leads is too much for me to give up on this couple while I also recognise that they should probably not get together (immediately). The problem is that mostly his memories have been shown and not hers. That’s why I am so torn not to call him out for suffering so much because the feelings portrayed were so addictive. 

I do wish that they’d have put some story where he tried to at least move on, instead of leaving the door wide open for eunoh to be dragged in. Kind of what they did with sun young. She also has feelings left for geon but she tried to soldier on

• Like 1

Hello! Have been lurking since the show started and finally decided to post something here :)

Started watching this drama because of Ji Chang Wook after Google reintroduced me to him. The last time I watched him in something was 10 years ago in "Smile Donghae", so imagine my surprise when I saw how much he's grown since haha, almost didn't recognise him. Although romance is not really my preferred genre, I'm really enjoying it so far! It has a great balance between serious and funny, the characters are compelling on their own as well as in their interactions with each other, and I love the editing in this show (something I really enjoyed in "It's Okay to Not be Okay" as well).

I share the sentiments of everyone who loves Park Jae Won and feel for him - Ji Chang Wook has done such a great job expressing the rollercoaster of emotions and loneliness that Jae Won experiences. (Also, he's so handsome and his smile... sigh.) Anyway, I also see some people disliking Lee Eun Oh, and saying that her reasons for the breakup were "weak", so I thought I'll share my two cents on that!

First of all, I definitely don't agree with the way she lied to him about her identity, and the way she broke up with him. Honesty is one of the building blocks of a relationship. Also, re: the topic from the latest episode, I believe that a breakup should be mutual (barring exceptions like abuse situations). I can understand why Jae Won took it so hard, especially when he's such a passionate man. This characteristic can be seen in all he does - his work (wanting to constantly redesign the house), his hobbies (learning to make surfboards and collecting cameras), and his love life. Because of this, Eun Oh's breaking contact with the only explanation being that the relationship was not serious was such a hard blow. It was not so much her breaking her promise to meet again, but the insinuation that she saw their time together as a joke while he put all his heart into it.

However, we also know that Eun Oh does not think of it as a joke. She has expressed grief over the loss of the relationship, as well as regret for the hurt she has caused Jae Won. She also clearly cares for him, like when she offered to pay for the illegal parking fine and last episode's bar scene. It may seem weird then, that she decided to end the relationship when she could have simply told him the truth about her identity. In this regard though, I can understand. Her primary reason for the breakup, as I see it, was fear - fear of being looked at differently. She doesn't want Jae Won to know her "true" self because she doesn't want him to think of her as less carefree and fun and dislike her for that. She also doesn't want her friends to know that Seon A exists, because she doesn't want to disturb the sense of familiarity and predictability of their friendship, especially when they've known her since young. Growing up together is a double-edged sword. On one hand, she has friends who she knows she can always count on. On the other hand, they spend so much time together that they will inevitably expect her to act in a certain way, and any deviation would be noticed and called to attention. In that sense, I relate. Even small things like a change in hairstyle or fashion choice makes me self-conscious, let alone a personality and attitude towards life. Furthermore, Jae Won being a mutual friend could also change the dynamic of their friendship group should they get together. As such, I may not condone her actions but I definitely feel for her.

All in all, I'm loving this show, and excited to watch Jae Won and Eun Oh rebuilt their relationship now that her real identity will be disclosed. :)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

I just want to share the swoon’s clip here... their scene at the bar is one of a legendary scene for me. So happy to read the comments (not only here but also in naver and korean forums) are mostly praised the acting skill. I think this drama is their “idealist” project where they can experimenting a new format and concept of a kdrama, making an art that can touch person feelings by their natural acting skill, without being worried about ratings and tv censorship...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

On 1/18/2021 at 10:10 AM, FelicisRiver said:

Hello! Have been lurking since the show started and finally decided to post something here :)

Started watching this drama because of Ji Chang Wook after Google reintroduced me to him. The last time I watched him in something was 10 years ago in "Smile Donghae", so imagine my surprise when I saw how much he's grown since haha, almost didn't recognise him. Although romance is not really my preferred genre, I'm really enjoying it so far! It has a great balance between serious and funny, the characters are compelling on their own as well as in their interactions with each other, and I love the editing in this show (something I really enjoyed in "It's Okay to Not be Okay" as well).

I share the sentiments of everyone who loves Park Jae Won and feel for him - Ji Chang Wook has done such a great job expressing the rollercoaster of emotions and loneliness that Jae Won experiences. (Also, he's so handsome and his smile... sigh.) Anyway, I also see some people disliking Lee Eun Oh, and saying that her reasons for the breakup were "weak", so I thought I'll share my two cents on that!

First of all, I definitely don't agree with the way she lied to him about her identity, and the way she broke up with him. Honesty is one of the building blocks of a relationship. Also, re: the topic from the latest episode, I believe that a breakup should be mutual (barring exceptions like abuse situations). I can understand why Jae Won took it so hard, especially when he's such a passionate man. This characteristic can be seen in all he does - his work (wanting to constantly redesign the house), his hobbies (learning to make surfboards and collecting cameras), and his love life. Because of this, Eun Oh's breaking contact with the only explanation being that the relationship was not serious was such a hard blow. It was not so much her breaking her promise to meet again, but the insinuation that she saw their time together as a joke while he put all his heart into it.

However, we also know that Eun Oh does not think of it as a joke. She has expressed grief over the loss of the relationship, as well as regret for the hurt she has caused Jae Won. She also clearly cares for him, like when she offered to pay for the illegal parking fine and last episode's bar scene. It may seem weird then, that she decided to end the relationship when she could have simply told him the truth about her identity. In this regard though, I can understand. Her primary reason for the breakup, as I see it, was fear - fear of being looked at differently. She doesn't want Jae Won to know her "true" self because she doesn't want him to think of her as less carefree and fun and dislike her for that. She also doesn't want her friends to know that Seon A exists, because she doesn't want to disturb the sense of familiarity and predictability of their friendship, especially when they've known her since young. Growing up together is a double-edged sword. On one hand, she has friends who she knows she can always count on. On the other hand, they spend so much time together that they will inevitably expect her to act in a certain way, and any deviation would be noticed and called to attention. In that sense, I relate. Even small things like a change in hairstyle or fashion choice makes me self-conscious, let alone a personality and attitude towards life. Furthermore, Jae Won being a mutual friend could also change the dynamic of their friendship group should they get together. As such, I may not condone her actions but I definitely feel for her.

All in all, I'm loving this show, and excited to watch Jae Won and Eun Oh rebuilt their relationship now that her real identity will be disclosed. :)

I personally don’t hate her character but I find her character to be more complicated and mysterious. Like she’s still hiding a lot from her friends. I’m more intrigue with her real self. Like who is Lee Eun Oh? Who is she really? We got to see her as Yoon Seon Ah through these flashback scenes but I feel like the the writer haven’t dwell on LEO’s character yet. In ep 3 she mentioned that she ended up in Yangyang because she hated herself. So what was LEO like before? What made her hated herself to escape Seoul and ended up in Yangyang? There’s so many questions.  So I hope the writer gives us a little bit more explanation on that and not leave it out. Looks like PJW finally meets LEO and not YSA in ep 9 preview, so I hope we will get to know more about who LEO is. Even though PJW was hurt from her actions, I hope that he can come to understand why she did what she did. I also hope they can rebuild their relationship. 

Her first reason was understandable but I didn’t like her second reason too much. Her second reason was because of her friends. They knew who PJW was and because she was afraid they’ll reveal her true self to PJW. When she said that, I’m questioning myself.. “ok, so if they didn’t know who PJW was or if Kyung Joon was not PJW’s cousin, then she’ll continue to deceive him?” Because if that was the case, then how long was she going to continue to deceive him? Because that would made her way more cruel and PJW would be even more hurt. That’s why I feel like her second reason was unreasonable and more like an excuse. I wanted more.. I wasn’t satisfied with her 2nd reason. I’d rather choose the typical social status differences between LEO and PJW’s lifestyle (poor girl, rich guy or rich girl, poor guy which is typical in Kdramas storylines). At least I’ll understand that.. that both come from different status background and she’s afraid that if he knows her true status, he’ll leave her. I hope the writer gives more better reason behind the break up. I just really want to know her motive.. I know she wanted to live as YSA because she didn’t get to live that kind of life.. I just want to know more about LEO that’s all.. just want to dive deeper into her life and understand her more. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Here is a Naver article about LITC ep 8. https://n.news.naver.com/article/396/0000570729

I did the google translation and the last para was this:

"As such, Ji Chang-wook proved his solid acting ability by depicting the character's narrative in depth and detail with excellent emotional acting."

Kpopmap also has an article of Knetz praising their acting:
Viewers Praised Ji ChangWook & Kim JiWon For Their Superb Acting Particularly In This Scene Of "Lovestruck In The City"

https://www.kpopmap.com/viewers-praised-ji-changwook-kim-jiwon-for-their-superb-acting-particularly-in-this-scene-of-lovestruck-in-the-city/

:wow1:

• Like 2

I just want to say....I want to live in Park Jae Won's house, the mix of contemporary and traditional is exceptional. HAHA. So far, the latest episode is my favorite. I like Park Jae Won more and more every episode I watch of him.

• Like 3

Story of the lead is getting better. Ep 8 was so melo but ep 9 is quite explosive. I was seated on edge the whole time. 

I am now curious about Eun Oh’s backstory. She said something about being stupid so I wonder what it is. Though I was annoyed with her, I still want them to be together.

Btw, I noticed that JCW looked so young in the closing scenes when he was searching for the ring. It reminded me of his earlier years. Haha. 

And I saw on Insta that LITC now has 17 episodes. The crew just finished filming. 

• Love 1

@Mizzy really? 17 episodes? That’s awesome. It’s good that it’s getting extended because I feel like the main story still needs more development since now they the truth is revealed about YSA’s true identity. It’s getting better and better. 

Ep 8 was emotional and ep 9 was just so shocking yet it did left me teary eyed in some scenes. PJW’s anger and hurt towards LEO after finding out her true identity. He has the right to be angry after what he has gone through. He spent one year searching for her. Even contacting Rara and Bin multiple times about YSA’s whereabouts. He’s hurt, heart broken, lost, and more confused as he’s not sure who the woman he loves really is. I’m glad he threw the ring in the water in front of her because she did made him feel foolish. He has hold on to that ring for so long believing that everything was real only to be all lies. Yes, he was angry at the moment and didn’t realize his actions but I think it was what LEO needed to see... needed to see what she has put him through. 

As for LEO, I’m really glad it was her that went to retrieve the ring in the water and found the ring rather than PJW. Whatever the reasons it may be behind her break up PJW, I am glad that it was her instead because that scene really showed that she did love him and that she did valued his love for her. I hope that maybe she can redeem herself and be the one chasing after him since he chased after her back in Yangyang. I hope that she can reintroduce herself again to PJW as LEO and not as YSA and regain his trust again. 

The ending credit when it showed PJW looking for his ring also proved that he still loves her after knowing her true identity. That scene tells me that maybe he’s willing to give her a chance not as YSA but as LEO. He was so cute in this scene though. 

On another note, the scene at the police station when PJW found out about YSA’s true identity as LEO and when he was releasing his frustration and anger at her.. I tried to feel his pain and frustration and be mad with him too but I couldn’t help it but laugh at the same time when Oh Dong Shik played by Choi Min Ho had to ruined the mood and atmosphere by asking, “What? Is she a man? Are you a man?” I couldn’t take that scene seriously. :joy:

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

I still can't get over the rooftop scene and the rolling down scene GOD THE LEVEL OF CHEMISTRY IS SCORCHING HOT ... This writer is a GEM... The show has an a. Amzing mixture of humor seriousness and romance which I haven't seen in any kdrama before 

And JCW and KJW are equally good in all 3 genres just shows how INCREDIBLY talented these 2 are 

I m SO SO SO HAPPY it will hv 17 epis 

The more the merrier 

Also I m so glad finally finally the show is getting recognition the way it deserves 

@jichangwook @geewonii

@kakaotv.official 

Copy paste the above comments of urs and tag them on insta and share the feedbk plz 

They need to know how much we r loving them 

The above 3 ids are official 

• Wiggle 1

On 1/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, FelicisRiver said:

Hiii!! Welcome!!1 So glad that you join us!

And my oh my, 10 years is indeed a long time. He has done a lot other than just romance as well (Empress Ki, Five Fingers, Fabricated City), though recently he has been known to do more rom-coms, that is true.

Anyway sorry guys for my late post. Work this week has been awful,. but Tuesday's episode was my highlight of the week. I understand a lot of people are frustrated with either Jaewon or eunoh or both, and find other couples "better" or "more interesting". 

I don't share that opinion, because the character that JCW and KJW portray are so relatable. I haven't been crazy in love, but I can still feel the emotions they show in their excellent acting. The key is the nuances. This show doesn't have fireworks-dramatic moments (except the actual fireworks hehe). but when they cry, my heart cries with them. (I don't shed tears easily, so it's pretty hard to get me to cry). But the moments I saw, are still fresh on my mind. 

The frustration... I may complain about some things, but don't doubt that this series is my favorite. I have asked a lot of people to watch it, and they, too agree, and they were only casual watchers of kdrama before. The important thing when watching this drama is, not to forget that that these things may happen to us as well in real life (ghosting, breaking up after a long relationship, etc). 

My thoughts are, that nobody is perfect and everyone is flawed.

And dropping Friday's preview 1 here for you:

• Like 3

@agenth, I think that a lot of people don’t find this drama enjoyable and feel that this drama is boring because the two main leads are portraying realistic characters that real people can relate to. I, myself relate to PJW’s character because I experienced something a bit similar not exactly like PJW but a bit similar. So I feel his pain. I think that other people may prefer more fantasy, dream like kind of characters where everything is perfect and romantic. The concept of this drama and the interview scenes are not people’s cup of tea so they easily drop it but they’re missing the whole message of this drama. 
I like this drama because you get to see different sides of how these couples are portraying.

Also, rather than playing high ambitious characters or CEO’s, etc. we get to see them working ordinary jobs. We also get to see them show their flaws which I like because no one is perfect. 

Anyways, I’m excited about the next episode. Looks like we’ll get to see a bit more of LEO’s back story. 

• Like 1