larus

19 hours ago, joytotheworld said:

My #SolHwi heart is satisfied. 

Kim Bum is so nice to post this, to comfort our shipper heart. love it!

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Love 1

“Law School” Hits New Personal Best In Ratings + “My Roommate Is A Gumiho” Sees Drop From Premiere

“Law School” Hits New Personal Best In Ratings + “My Roommate Is A Gumiho” Sees Drop From Premiere

May 28, 2021
by C. Hong

JTBC’s “Law School” has hit a new personal best in viewership ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 27 episode of “Law School” garnered average nationwide ratings of 6.891 percent. This is a new record from its previous personal best of 6.249 percent in episode 11.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471733wpp/law-school-hits-new-personal-best-in-ratings-my-roommate-is-a-gumiho-sees-drop-from-premiere

• Like 1

Yangrates has a lot of hidden aces. 

Can't wait for Kang Dan to appear or is she going to appear soon? Oh I was surprised that Prof Kim doesn't know that Kang Dan is the twin sister of Kang Sol not unless they're not identical twins.

We have 3 more episodes of court room lectures! 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 4:44 AM, airgelaal said:

I think he said it's Kang Sol, but Sol A decided it's SolB and JH just teased her.

I’m confused about this scene too:

but I thought that they didn’t show the name he mentioned? My interpretation was that by default and elimination, if it’s not Ye seul means that it can be just either of the two Kang Sols (since they are the only other two girls in the study group) and Kang Sol A just assumes it’s Kang Sol B since she thinks it can’t be her. 

seeing how happy JH was when Kang Sol A put her head on his shoulder (although in frustration lol) I’m guessing Kang Sol A misunderstood or so as a shipper I would like to believe :P

I hope I’m not the only one cray cray watching a show that’s not a romance cause I ship these two :joy:

I understand that it’s not a romance show but like can we get a low key confession ♥️

• Like 4

Law School: Episodes 12-13 Open Thread

by Anisa

LawSchool1213-00018.jpg

This week we get resolutions for both of the cases that have had our study group tied in knots. And we finally know who the Law School Murderer really is, but as we know, there’s someone powerful arranging things behind the scenes—who looks to be our final baddie as we enter the last quarter of the show.

EPISODES 12-13 WEECAP

LawSchool1213-00030.jpg

Our poor beleaguered study group and their faculty advisors pulled off not one, but two victories, huzzah! It’s great to see Jong-hoon publicly vindicated, but Ye-seul’s arc has been my favorite part of the drama so far. Yes, even more than Joon-hwi and Sol A’s adorable dynamic! (Speaking of—we didn’t see Joon-hwi say who he’s crushing on, but it seems clear that he said “Kang Sol” and Sol A assumed he meant her roommate, because she’s just that oblivious.)

Out of all the subplots in Law School, Ye-seul’s is not only the most well-written and -executed, but the most moving and relatable as well. We’ve seen hints of her abusive relationship from opening week, and as time went on, the people around Ye-seul began to notice that something was wrong and try to intervene, to no avail. Ye-seul herself tried repeatedly to defend herself from Young-chang, first by documenting the injuries he inflicted on her, then by standing up to him and his father by testifying on behalf of Jong-hoon—and later, stopping him from sharing the spycam video.

Every step of the way though, Young-chang was gaslighting her, beating her, threatening her and emotionally blackmailing her. He sank to new lows having himself wheeled into the courtroom to put on that disgusting show of victimhood. I’m so glad that the writing showed all of that, and how difficult it is to break free of.

It was hard to watch and must have been rough to portray—showing Ye-seul’s trauma, her guilt, her torment and humiliation at having to not only face the fact that the person she loved raped her, but declare it in open court. But not showing all that would have undermined any attempt to portray intimate partner violence realistically and with empathy. And actress Go Yoon-jung did a great job; she’s definitely one to watch.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/law-school-episodes-12-13-open-thread/

• Like 1

I feel like the Ye Seul's character and story is poorly written. I thought initially she was quite obnoxious - too confident of her looks and being flirty but showing off that she has a boyfriend. And then suddenly she is turned into a character that we should sympathize? The narrative is too weak. Actually, the individual stories of each character is not strongly written, but they were performed admirably by the actors. Too many characters, too many story, too little time?

I actually do like the actress playing KS A. The last drama I watched her in was Heart to Heart but she was much younger then. I like that her character is not exactly the naive, pure, optimistic girl and I love that she has fears, confidence issue and somewhat bitter at the world. KS A has the most potential to develop a romantic relationship with JH, but I'm so glad that she is oblivious to his attractiveness. The scene when she had the sticky note was cute and funny to say the least.

I wish the characters were more fleshed out and consistent before and after their story revelations. And as much as I like KMM, his Prof Yang character is quite a bore because he is too smart and powerful. It's like he is a clairvoyant or something.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

On 5/30/2021 at 3:12 AM, dzareth said:

I actually do like the actress playing KS A. The last drama I watched her in was Heart to Heart but she was much younger then.

She gain popularity in reply 1988. Our borashiiii...

why do i have bad feeling now with Prof Kim? For some reason she scared me now? Its look like she have a very deep grudge with the assembly man.

JH! Please tell Sol A what you really feel okay???

• Like 3

WE FINALLY GOT TO SEE KANG DAN!!

Hye Young is looking great playing her, absolutely gorgeous! I'm curious to see how it will affect the plot, I hope it doesn't harm Sol A.

Only two episodes left :sad1:

On 5/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, dzareth said:

I wish the characters were more fleshed out and consistent before and after their story revelations. And as much as I like KMM, his Prof Yang character is quite a bore because he is too smart and powerful. It's like he is a clairvoyant or something.

I do agree that he is almost like a puppet master, especially with the nuggets of information he drops to Kang Sol A which makes her act in a decisive manner with results for the group.

Finally we get to see Kang Dan, though her showing up like this may not be good news. Only 2 episodes left, right? I, too, feel like the storyline has gotten weaker especially in the last 3-4 episodes. I used to be on pins and needles for each episode, now it's just ok. 

There isn't even much time for Joonhwi and Sol A. 

• Like 1

So what will the ending be? Assemblyman Ko will go to jail. Kang Dan will go home. Justice Mock Trial will push through then the squad will win and Joonhwi will confess to Sol A. Then another professor will die and we will have Season 2!!! :sweat_smile:

• Like 2

Lol the two Profs come up with crazy schemes all the time, as if they aren't on the same team as the students :D

They do love to make a dramatic entrance/impact. 

Prime example, when suddenly Prof. Yang turns up on the Prosecutor's side regarding the constitutional case, or Prof Kim with Assemblyman on film lol and she asks if her face is really bigger than the Assemblyman's :D hahaha

ls01.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

We need more  Joonhwi and Sol A. We only have one episode left.

Yes, no romance. But still I like their interaction.

For SA she and Joon hwi are a package deal: invite her and you will get Joon hwi for free :lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Only one episode left and I'm already feeling down

:criesariver:

I'm gonna miss the students interactions so much. Especially Joon Hwi and Sol A, their relationship was the best thing of this drama for me. Kim Bum and Hye Young captivating chemistry was a big suprise, they gave me so much joy on and off screen, my heart is empty already...

:sad1:

• Like 1