[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Unforgettable Love 贺先生的恋恋不忘

sugarplum892

Actually Xiao Bao just needed someone to love him and give him motherly-like attention/care. A dad is still a dad, ain't no substitute. More so, as this 'dad' is sucha a no-nonsense, CEO-type of person. He will provide for him, make sure he gets the best, and his needs are taken care of. But it's the attention, the quality time spent and the personal care that's lacking. Of course, Miles has heavy responsibilities on his shoulder, all the more reason he had to look for a 'mum' for Xiao Bao. It's no wonder that our little boy's path to 'recovery' was fairly quick and relatively uneventful once his 'mum' appeared.

I've been checking out Miles Wei in Perfect and Casual. 

Spoiler

after watching the FL's behaviour there, I am 300% grateful for the FL in Unforgettable Love. I am quite, quite forgiving of characters mostly, but there's something about a naive, dumb-blond kinda portrayal of a FL (not my words, even her bestie called her that in the drama), that just rubs me the wrong way.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This is way too predictable & cliche that I couldn't continue watching. Eventhough I really adore Miles Wei & the kid is uber adorbs~

I still think Miles Wei's previous, "Perfect and Casual" was way better (just my opinion) he also had real good chemistry with his co-star in that one. 

• Like 1

Just Look at our "cute" Xiao Bao.  He is so "beautiful".  He said : "I'm a Model"

:wub:

On 7/26/2021 at 4:30 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

This is way too predictable & cliche that I couldn't continue watching. Eventhough I really adore Miles Wei & the kid is uber adorbs~

I still think Miles Wei's previous, "Perfect and Casual" was way better (just my opinion) he also had real good chemistry with his co-star in that one. 

@Latte_Anyday I agree with you.  The Plot is too predictable, simple and silly....

1) ML's best friend saw his Aunt with the Ex-Driver.  Yet never tries to hide himself or inform the ML.

2) The FL: For a Child Psychologist, she is too Stupid and Scatterbrain.  Again, when she saw the Aunty with the Ex-Driver, she never suspect anything?  Just rush to help blindly?  Then easily convinced by the Aunt?

3) FL's best male friend knows so much about the Girl who wanted the ML for a husband. But never inform her?

4) The ML: The Accident has been long over - 5 years.  Still cannot come to terms with it?  

5) Both ML and FL: What a Flimsy reason to break up.  

Any one of us could have made a better revision to this Script.

That is when I stop watching.  But when I come across a cute clip of our Xiao Bao, I'll post it here for everyone

No sensible CDramas currently.  All  very silly.  I re-watch & re-watch  "The Rebel"

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone! [LONGGGG POST AHEAD]

i haven't posted anywhere in so long and i haven't logged onto this site in too long haha there's so many changes!!

anywayy I'm here from The Sleepless Princess topic (i see some familiar users), and a week ago i finally started watching Unforgettable Love!! i started it mostly bc of our princess HYX, but I've always kept an eye on Miles and the kiddo is SO adorable from the trailers i watched (or, like someone mentioned, I'm just an ahjumma with a soft spot for adorable kids ^^; )

i was super excited to start watching, and oh my goodness i have absolutely NO REGRETS!!!! this series is 300% lovely, adorable, and precious. it's so, so good for my tired heart, and i am really not bothered at all about any plot holes or anything i find off lol oops they just don't bother me (i drop dramas all the time even if i really like it so if i was gonna drop this series I'd have already done so! for me i really like this drama AND i keep watching it bc i really do enjoy it ♡_♡). I'm currently on ep 18 and i HAD to make a post lolll

oh i see that for some people, this drama and/or HYX isn't their preference - and that's totally okay! thanks for sticking around and giving the drama a chance~

just a few fangirl points before i go, because I need to get all of this out of my system haha:

Spoiler

-Miles....oh he is SO HANDSOME, from his voice to his walk and from his hair to his feet, he is exhaling and inhaling beautifulness and extravagant stuff...........and i mean, it's BECAUSE i enjoy his acting that he looks so, so good to me. his smirks, the way he speaks, his look and aura, his character (the more mature parts haha), his eyes...he is beautiful all around. i haven't checked many BTS clips but from what I've seen he also seems lovely off-character as well. so unfair bc he's so good q__q ANYWAY miles' character is indeed very responsible and altho he's cold......actually I'm so biased after watching this PARTICULAR scene in ep 18 that i think he is so so sweet I've been brainwashed LOL jk he's cold but since xiaobao is always his priority he starts softening when he sees how good familial warmth and love is for xiaobao...actually, the warmth of family was also really good for miles too bc you can tell he craved it and never really experienced it esp after that tragic accident :(( he became much more human after spending time with FL and growing with xiaobao

-xiao bao (I'm sorry I'm really bad with names) IS SOOOOO CUTE altho i wish they dived a little more into any traumas that he may have experienced growing up (esp that accident, it shouldve been a significant contributing factor in regards to his condition and treatment but oh well this is dramaland). anyway he is such a qt actor with his sweet smiles and head nods, him running around was so cute, and he was such a sweet kid who carried the mature idea of knowing he had to use cards and written words to communicate ;__; when he started talking more and being more vocal (yelling/screaming not only to get people's attention but also to express himself), and he started being more social and less scared of people's presence I WAS SO HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!! such confidence and growth congrats mY CHILD

-FL's bestie.....is so pretty and hot and BAD A S S i love her and i love supportive friends. she is SUCH a woman i really love her for always looking out for herself and FL, and for being so strong and professional and skilled. she's literally goals

-lastly,,, HU YIXUAN you are one of my favorite, favorite chinese actresses. the apple of my eye q___q HYX's character, yes she isn't as deeply professional or mature as doctors "should" be but tbh that's so okay w me. i wasn't so concerned about her clothing and i didn't mind how bright and bubbly she is - also, none of that seemed to negatively impact her work or her passion of working with children so i overlooked it. plus cdramas usually make women look really really childish but i rather liked her style at work; she seemed very much elegant and strong in her own way. cdramas also tend to make women seem irrational and frustratingly ignorant and immature. to me, FL had her flaws but she was definitely tolerable and likable. i enjoyed whenever she did express herself in front of ML and when she'd defend xiaobao. she's cool and independent in her own way, altho not perfect, but i still love her so much. alsoooo sadly the drama didn't give us much regarding her work itself...they only touched the surface of child psychology but lol again I really don't mind this stuff esp bc it's dramaland, sad to say.

anyway, i wrote a novel and idek what I'm saying anymore. HYX is SO PRETTY and SO CUTE and i genuinely enjoy her acting. in this role FL was playful but serious when needed, kinda like in The Sleepless Princess but she was way more mischievous there haha. i LOVE her cheeky smile and her eyes are so expressive and pretty. she is just SO pretty and when she'd smile really wide she shot right thru my heart!!!! she just RADIATES happiness and sunshine how can such a person exist sigh but OH I LOVED WHEN WE GOT TO SEE HER GLORIOUS FOREHEAD!!!!!! T___T also HER HAIR IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! she looked so good in every hairstyle....ponytail, curled, bun, down, even her messy hair was BEAUTIFUL on her. did i mention her pretty eyes... moving on,, i liked knowing how knowledgeable, hard-working, and humble she was in her work. i personally think many of her outfits were simple and pretty with a touch of cute petite, which was so lovely to see on her. uhhhhh what else........her casual clothes at home were very relatable lol sweatshirts or baggy clothes are the way to go!! HER DRESSES LOOKED SO GOOD ON HER 

hmmmm let's talk about FL's warm personality!!! her warmth seems to have mostly come from the love and support of her loved ones like her family and bestie, but also from the nature of her work. i loved seeing ML and xiaobao interact with FL's parents and experience being in a close, loving family. it was so sad to see ML desire these kinds of bonds :(( but when he could feel their love and reciprocate it back to them, it was all soooo beautiful T__T

OKAY LAST POINT because I'm talking absolute nonsense and nobody here cares hahah but in the beginning-ish of the drama, i appreciated ML standing up for FL and saying things like "instead of her being lucky to have such a rich and successful husband, he's the lucky one for having such an intelligent, academically successful, kind, and hard-working wife". i can't remember the actual lines but it was nice of him to defend her in this way. he didn't always use money or power and when that happened it was nice to see how much of an effort he'd put in

okay bye now im so embarrassed for writing so much ;;;

**EDIT oops im back haha

i also want to mention that i did get halfway through Perfect and Casual a while ago but....i dropped it for various reasons ^^;; it was really cute and i read so many good reviews but i couldn't continue. i prefer this series more!!

moreover,,,, this series may be predictable and cliché and show many tropes and stuff - some people like that and some don't. but for me, i absolutely LOVE it while disagreeing with how everything is too predictable. altho the larger storyline may be predictable and have its faults, the smaller details are very well laid out which is why i find many scenes to be so precious. very importantly, none of these tropes or cliché parts are problematic for me, at least not enough to make me drop the drama! whew!!! i very much appreciate the drama for being cute, warm, funny, and sweet. i can't wait to continue watchingg

i just came back from episode 18 after that REALLY sweet and heartwarming and BEAUTIFUL scene..it's just......so good. if you know, you know T___T

Edited by honeytime
typos, adding more comments
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, honeytime said:

hello everyone! [LONGGGG POST AHEAD]

i haven't posted anywhere in so long and i haven't logged onto this site in too long haha there's so many changes!!

i just came back from episode 18 after that REALLY sweet and heartwarming and BEAUTIFUL scene..it's just......so good. if you know, you know T___T

As you said, just watch it for it's entertainment value, and the eye candies (both young and old). I've finished the ending sometime back, with and w/out subs. I skipped the angsty parts and just FFed till the end where I can just melt in the sweetness. The kid is simply amazing, I wonder if we will get to see him anywhere else, I hope we do for a few more rounds, I was amazed that he could keep such a straight face in the last episode during their wedding. Hats off to him, truly.
I'm looking forward to seeing MW next year, in costume drama, though I am still somewhat skeptical about the FL, but as he's in there, I'll definitely give it a go. He's gonna be in a modern drama as well, so, that's two for the road, at least.

p.s. MW in a suit, is just too hard to resist.

• Love 1

On 8/13/2021 at 1:59 AM, SC2019 said:

The kid is simply amazing, I wonder if we will get to see him anywhere else, I hope we do for a few more rounds, I was amazed that he could keep such a straight face in the last episode during their wedding. Hats off to him, truly.
I'm looking forward to seeing MW next year, in costume drama, though I am still somewhat skeptical about the FL, but as he's in there, I'll definitely give it a go. He's gonna be in a modern drama as well, so, that's two for the road, at least.

p.s. MW in a suit, is just too hard to resist.

i agree that xiaobao is an amazing lil guy; i also can't wait to see what else he has in store for us! and omg!!! I'm excited to watch that wedding scene *__* I'm on ep 19 now and i can't wait to get there haha

but woahhh i didn't know that Miles was going to be in a costume drama...I'm definitely gonna check that out plus the modern one ♡♡

lastly, i 10000000% agree with you....

Miles + suit = irresistible

8 minutes ago, honeytime said:

i agree that xiaobao is an amazing lil guy; i also can't wait to see what else he has in store for us! and omg!!! I'm excited to watch that wedding scene *__* I'm on ep 19 now and i can't wait to get there haha

but woahhh i didn't know that Miles was going to be in a costume drama...I'm definitely gonna check that out plus the modern one ♡♡

lastly, i 10000000% agree with you....

Miles + suit = irresistible

It's this one. If you suscribe to Iqiyi (the international version), there's a video of the FL and the lil' boy, promoting the drama via a Q&A session. And because MW is filming the drama (in spoiler),  they split screen and get his answer to a question, ie the challenge of working with the lil' boy. In there, you can see MW in costume garb, long hair, etc. 'Tis a pity because the lil boy had a gift prepared for MW and couldn't pass it to him. (sob, sob). But the FL gave him a toy car and he gave her something as well, it was really sweet. And boy can he talk. He was explaining that they won't let him talk and the FL agreed, that half the time he had to control himself because he wanted desperately to talk but he can't as his character won't allow him too. Oh, that was such a wonderful promo session!

Spoiler

• Blob 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:56 PM, SC2019 said:

And boy can he talk. He was explaining that they won't let him talk and the FL agreed, that half the time he had to control himself because he wanted desperately to talk but he can't as his character won't allow him too. Oh, that was such a wonderful promo session!

awwwww haha yeah I've seen a few interview clips where the boy is So energetic and lively ;___; he is absolutely adorableeeee and everything is even More cute when all three are together like a real family /sobs forever

woah thanks for sharing! Miles looks so good and I've seen the FL before as a supporting cast member so I'm looking forward to it!

I've been busy so I'm stuck on ep 20 for now..we'll see when i have time again q__q

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Unforgettable Love 贺先生的恋恋不忘
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 7:22 PM, Yumiyue said:

Hello everyone, wanted to post on this thread so badly finally I got the chance. 

I'm enjoying this drama to the fullest, this is my happy pill and healing drama these days as the other dramas that I'm watching is the thriller/serious dramas.

Although the plot is common/usual asian style, I love the interactions between the main leads and how their relationship is built. 
More than anything I'm so happy to see the way how Yi Yue deals with Xiao Bao....

spacer.pngspacer.png

Does anyone here know which brand of clothing Yi Yue is wearing on the poster?