Quantcast

My corner of Soompi

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hey chingus! we are kicking off a new event called 'my corner of Soompi' where we share how we have been unwinding in our little corner over the past month. so how is September looking for you? quite

hey ya chingus, can you believe we are in October? so what does your corner of Soompi look like this month?   my corner: dramaland ~ two dramas are winding down -- 'mom has an affair'

thanks everyone for putting in your thoughts -- gives a good idea of what dramas the soompi chingus are all watching. @larus @Jillia @Sleepy Owl @tulip06 @maribella @alleram95 @lebeaucoupl

I'm currently watching: lie after lie and Alice, and I'm too hooked with those two dramas. I'm waiting with excitement every friday and sunday for watch them. I've cried a lot a week ago for "my mister."

However, from monday to friday I watch record of youth, do you like brahams and when I was the prettiest. I must admit I am addict to kdramas and to soompi forums. Every day my favorite web pages for visit are soompi forums and Kdrama OSTs. I really enjoy the comments and thoughts of soompiers about the series on air here. 

I am planning to rewatch: 49 DAYS and ALL IN. 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

@tulip06 Missing - the other side, you can watch, as this drama is something different from the ordinary one.The plots are getting better as it moves on. :)

@0ly40 "My Mister" - I cried a lot too - another masterpiece drama and deserved the best drama & grand prize award for 2018/2019 :D

Another heartwarming dramas are:

When the Camellia Blooms - won the best drama & grand prize award too

This year, my personal favourite and wishlist is

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" - i hope they can win too.

Not many good quality dramas hold high rating, while good rating drama that drawn immensely popular does not represent good quality drama. This is very much depending on the audience sizes, their age groups and their preferred genre. Sometimes, choosing a drama may also need to check the readers' comments. I almost missed out "My Mister" and "When the Camellia Blooms" because the poster didn't look good to me, but after reading the viewers' comments, I chose to watch them and it did not disappoint me at all, in fact, i was lucky not being missed out these good dramas.

If you have more time, I would recommend anyone to watch this good quality drama called "Beautiful World" (2019), until the last EP, you would then realise who is the real culprit, very nice touching drama. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, 0ly40 said:

am planning to rewatch: 49 DAYS and ALL IN. 

All In is one of my earliest Kdramas and I absolutely love the OST, just next to Dae Jang Geum's.

Lee Byung Hung was already established but watch Song Hye Kyo (not as beautiful as now :)) and Ji Sung who were up and coming. Don't forget to update what you think of it.

There is one show which I find heartbreaking, Damo. So sad :bawling: and brilliant acting by the rebel brother. 

• Like 4

@Lmangla thanks for the tag!

autumn is boring here.. i'm watching Alice (ending this weekend) 18 Again (it's cute! watch it!) Search (just 2 episodes so i can't decide much) and there's Kairos which i'm waiting for.. and hopefully Love Alarm 2.. not putting too many dramas on my plate, since it's nearing end of year and i'm hoping for more meet ups with my friends!

i just uploaded some random photos taken recently on IG to share them 

singapore is almost spring/summer all year round.. we get some foliage colors but very few..

u can see the ixora still blooming fierily here in september

• Like 2
  • Love 7

@Lmangla after this week end two of dramas I´m watching is ending.  I actually waiting them to end. mo is having affair has been going circles too many week so I´m glad that drama is ending. I´m so behind in man in veil. maybe next week I´m going to start watching that again.  phoenix is starting next week. I saw the highlight preview in youtube. It was interesting. then I´m going to check out penthouse and spy who loved me when they start. 

And then there is Empress Ki rewatch. We(me, @partyon , @Sleepy Owl ) have still 3 episodes left.  it finally going to end this weekend. It was a long ride. but I have to say it was fun to rewatch. There was lot of stuff that I actually did not remember.

Edited by joccu
  • Like 7
  • Love 4

@Lmangla, I had read the link you had provided to the Dramabeans review of the drama Phoenix. I liked the storyline. As of now I’m contemplating watching the daily show version. Is there really a revenge part because it didn’t seem that way in the shorter drama version? 

Three of the drama shows (Alice, Brahms, Lies) I’m currently watching will end this week. I’m mostly looking forward to Kairos next week. Oh, and @Lmangla, I really didn’t like the terminal illness introduced in Lies. The more I think about it the more annoying I find it.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

@Lmangla I'm currently watching Mom has a affair  and Alice which are wrapping up this this week. I also have a few dramas I'm playing catch with , Man in a veil , Homemade love story. Search and Kairos just started so I have time to watch those.  I read about Phoenix  it  sounds good I'm looking forward to that too.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

@celebrianna ~ there wasn't really a revenge part per se in the shorter version...

@joccu ~ there were parts of mom has an affair that was really draggy but overall, I think it was worth the watch. am now looking forward to typing up nicely.

@dolorisbrady ~ am thinking of whether to check out kairos but depends on whether I have time. sometimes too many dramas, you just have to prioritize. :) hopefully, phoenix is a good drama to watch over 6 months.

@sadthe1st ~ that's some great resolution you have on your phone camera. really nice! :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

Month of October...

There are too many bdays for C ent celebs in October, been stalking those newses Lol.

Watching :

K drama :

1. Tale of Gumho and liking it uptil now it's, Wuxia+K drama +Dark Horror= Amazing.

2. I need Romance - This is a Old K drama, suggested by my friend for Bolder Scenarios and Indian BGM which I found relatable funny.

C Drama :

1. Love is Sweet : Fluffy Romcom , I found major episodes skippable as this can be summarized as usual , no brainer but if one is into the main OTP it is a pleasure watch. But I will finish it.

Finished :

C drama :

1. My true Friend : Bold for the Scriptwriters to show some interesting Asian household dynamics(BTW this show has the best set of Parents for the actual main leads, kudos for that), but the main story did not need to have 48 episodes. Viki should change the Category for this show from idol Romance to Slice of Life Dramas. This is good but it has dramas within a drama which oddly keeps it interesting. Especially with Timed comments on.

K drama:

2. Oh My Ghostess : Nice sweet show, got draggy at the end though. Made me somehow miss Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young together. #Bongbongminmin4evea

Waiting For:

1. Confirmation of Pachinko from MYM and LMH. Fingers Crossed.

2. Movie Qing Ya Ji Premiere, and to see Yehua and Xufeng do the Ballad of Fight together. Fingers Crossed

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

man in a veil' is continuing to be oddly entertaining with its cuckoo crazy people

Yesss, at last I like a ML :lol:

A new daily started "no matter what", and a new weekend long drama "Samgwang Villa". Those are the 3 I am following.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Halloween is approaching and Christmas is right around the corner, huh?

excited the office GIF

In any case after a fantastic My Ultimate Oppa event last week, we are looking to bring you a fantastic Halloween event later this week. My dongsaeng @Sleepy Owlhas been helping out with putting it together - please look forward to it!

We will also bring you another Halloween event next week or the week after. All events will be good fun! :glasses:

This Will Be Fun Dance Moms GIF by Lifetime Telly

Ok?

@Lmangla and I have been planning to bring you both a My Ultimate Unnie/Noona event later this fall and a My Ultimate Oppa part 2 event before Christmas.

We might have a few other secret goodies in store as well. :kiss_wink:

I have been a bit swamped with lots of dramas on my plate lately. Will finish Empress Ki this weekend with @Sleepy Owl and @joccu. Am also enjoying our other re-watch event dramas, Innocent Man and Secret.

Started on the light fluffy Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol and am enjoying it a lot. :heart4: And my "zombie oppa" is keeping me highly entertained.

Chingu @Ameera Alijust pointed out on the Do You Like Brahms thread that I wouldn't watch a drama without abs in it. :joy:

I would like to remind my chingu that short oppa (aka Ji Sung) doesn't show his abs in Secret and I've never seen abs on Song Joong Ki anyway (am I right @Jillia?).

DDSSLLS - not well defined abs, but I did enjoy the shirtless scene anyway. haha :joy:

So only 2 out of 5 dramas I am watching now have an abs scene. I guess that's why I am enjoying Zombie Detective the most. :joy:

Oppa's biceps are nice too....

119989393-157112496074516-86133629782774

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

@partyon, you really made me laugh with that ab observation for the male leads in your rewatch shows. :lol: :w00t:

Anyway I’m looking forward to the upcoming events especially the “Unni/Noona” poll. I don’t think I have ever voted for anything but shows, couples and oppa polls. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, madmad min said:

There are too many bdays for C ent celebs in October, been stalking those newses Lol.

so what happens because of these bdays? do they do anything special? does random dating gossip happen? :D

saw the news about Lee Min Ho looking at Pachinko and so asked uncle google about the book. it looks like one of those epic kind of books that is filled with all sorts of ups and downs of a family...

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

This is good but it has dramas within a drama which oddly keeps it interesting. Especially with Timed comments on.

oh those timed comments can be so hilarious on really bad dramas. remember watching some lakorns (when it was available in my region) and laughing my head off at the comments. I still remember one of them -- the guy used to stare at the female lead and the comment was "so what is that vampire look? is he going to suck the blood out of her neck or is he planning to kiss her?" :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Okay So some really amazing dramas ended a couple of weeks ago which I was watching and some are on the verge of ending. I got to say I have been "drama overloaded for quite a time now". Stranger 2 and Missing: The Other side ended some week ago. Both of them were really well written, and I used to look forward to them every weekend. I have started the dramas following them "Start Up" and "Search" which also seem to be interested (maybe not as the dramas they followed). I also did start Private Lives, which seems to be interesting. 

Some really good dramas will also be ending this week and the one following it. I was not really going to watch "Lies of Lies" and "Do You Like Brahms". But thanks to @Jillia, @larus and @Lmangla's suggestions, I decided to give them a try and Wow, both the dramas were really good. While Do You Lile Brahms? started out as a music drama but then focused more on the relationships between characters, their struggles and how they would overcome it, Lies of Lies started out as seemingly Revenge drama, and the one where a woman would deceive the foster father of her daughter in order to get back with him, we see it also focus a lot on the motherly love and not much really on the revenge.

I was in search of a light drama and "Record of Youth" looked like one. I am very happy that the showrunners kept the drama light and so I really did enjoy it. This good drama will also end next week.

Another really great drama which will finish this weekend is Alice. Started out as sci-fi drama, I was actually very excited about it, although I was still trying to move on from not so great sci-fi drama TKEM which had similar concept and plotline (I'd rather say it had simpler storyline compared to Alice). Although it is my personal opinion and no offense to people who liked that drama. But what made Alice really special for me was that it made me open my physics books again, search and read for the theories which I used to enthusiastically do during my school and college time. The drama connected almost everything to scientific theories, gave proper reasonings for the events happening, which could be possible scientifically, and all its 14 episodes till now have had a major surprise element which most of the viewers would never even think could happen. But again, being a sci-fi mostly based on time travel, alternate timelines and multiverses, they didn't shy away from keeping their main focus on the inter-character relationships. Showing how the ML still regrets not having a proper meal with his mom and when it happens by time travel we see him showing emotions even while having Alexithymia. We have seen the MC being emotionally attached to his father figure, his wife and also his only friend Do Yeon. So it was good to see how they still decided to keep the inter-character relationships their top priority. And now while waiting for the final 2 episodes, I am mostly sure that the writers will do a good job in giving this a fitting closure. 

Since this many dramas would be ending in October, I decided to participate in the re-watch event for the revenge dramas too and started all the three dramas. Although I ended up making this re-watch event a binge-watch event for "Money Flower", I still am following the schedule for Secret and innocent. Got to say I was quite excited for the re-watch event of these dramas since I had watched Secret and innocent Man several times and didn't get to discuss about it with anyone back then. So it really is interesting to see it happening.

I also turned Empress Ki Re-watch event to a semi-binge watch event like @partyon Noona and @joccu. This actually happened because the episodes became more draggy and also almost half of the episodes would be boring. Of course it become quite good from episode 28-29 mark, but then the plot went downhill from episode 40 onward. Hopefully we'll be finishing that drama this week. But yeah, I'll make sure to post my thoughts every week for the episodes which were supposed to be watched at that time. 

I did start two more dramas on recommendation of @partyon Noona. Zombie Detective and My Dangerous Wife. While I really very unsure about Zombie Detective, but not even once did I regret starting it. What a drama it is and how smartly the writers have written. We get references from really famous dramas like Mr. Sunshine, Dae Jang Geum's Onara, a lot of references from the Last Empress. We also do see some references of famous memes which were viral back then and also get to see the struggles of Zombie trying to live among humans. 

My Dangerous life on the other hand is rather scary one, and even though it is really good to see the wife taking revenge from her husband for cheating on her, it still is scary how she is acting around with that super scary smile and laughs.    

I am looking forward to "Kairos", not so sure about "Penthouse", and still two hearted on "Spies who loved me". Seeing my drama schedule getting a bit free, I might decide to watch some really good dramas which I missed out on watching. Like "Chief of Staff", "Life" and may try to complete "Dinner Mate" and "Soul Mechanic" which I left on 10th episode and could not follow. 

As for the events, Noona already mentioned about the upcoming events on Halloween, and I really hope you all will participate in it and will really like it. 

So Chingus that's it with my long post. Autumn has already started, and many places have had their autumn snows/rains too. Stay warm if you are from those place. And stay cool if your city is still hot. On my side the weather is confused itself, it becomes cold with some rain and then hot suddenly. I really hope the weather becomes cooler on my side. Take Chingus :heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 2

Well, you know I love my revenge dramas! I'm currently watching "Man in a Veil" and I plan to watch "Phoenix" (never finished the 2004 version). Phoenix looks like it's gonna be an interesting revenge drama, I'm wondering how they'll go about it, seeing how bad SBS dailies have been going (at least for me.) I'm wrapping up- along with my fellow viewers- "Lie After Lie". I don't like the new twist at all, but I still want some answers as to why the Evil Queen hates Eun Su/Snow White so much. Another drama I'm definitely watching is "Penthouse", once it premieres. Two actresses I like are in it. 

Older dramas that I'm watching are "Temptation of Wife" (I'm up to episode 91) and "Flames of Desire" (episode 4.) I dropped "Glass Mask" because I read about the ending and was sorely disappointed. I might re-watch "Heaven's Promise" or "Bird That Doesn't Cry".

I'm still looking for English subs for "Dangerous Woman", "An Angel's Choice", "Two Wives", "While You Were Sleeping" (the 2011 drama, not the 2017 version), "I Can't Stop", "Scarlet Letter", "Thorn Flower", "Pure Pumpkin Flower", "Can't Live Without You", and "White Lies". There's more but I can't remember them...

I'm also looking for subbed/raw episodes of Cheondamdong Scandal and Still You (Wang Bit-na is in it. Why not??)

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1