[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

May 28, 2021

BIGHIT MUSIC RECORD : RM - Melon Station

Spoiler
On 6/1/2021 at 12:35 PM, bohmi said:

May 28, 2021

Melon Radio’s ‘BigHit Music Record’

RM was on Melon Radio’s ‘BigHit Music Record’ and introduced his playlist “The songs that dominated my childhood/my teen.”

“The songs I picked here happened to be the ones I listened to when my heart was heavy and I was exhausted.” :tears:

• Lee Sora - Track 8
  • Mot - Wings
  • Kim Yuna - Spring Day Goes
  • Naul - Someday
  • Radiohead - High and Dry
  • Yoo Jae Ha - My Reflection In My Mind
  • Bluedawn - 우리의 대화는 섬과 섬사이의 심해처럼 알수없는 짧은 단어들로 이루어지고 있었다

RM said, “This song (Track 8 by Lee So Ra) is the song that I used to listen in my saddest and hardest times.”

RM’s comment at the end,
“I cannot deny that the songs I listened to at that time runs deepest in my mind. So I wanted to share this with you.”

cbcbDfP.jpeg

My topic is “Songs That Influenced The Days of RM’s Youth.”

Personally, I think that the music that you listen to during your 10s, especially during middle and high school, lasts with you for all of your life.

I spent my teens with so many great songs, during the times when the BGM for my mini-hompi was everything to me.

These songs will probably still be running through the playlists of many people, not only those who are close to my age, but I want to share some of the songs that were with me through my teens.

Amongst all of them, I think I’ll start with this particular song. It’s Lee Sora’s “Track 8”.

This song is one of my favorites of all time. Well... I don’t know. I’ve always thought that the composition of this song embodies her entire life. If you listen to it, I think you’ll be able to feel perfectly what sort of person Lee Sora is, even if you don’t know anything about her. So with that, let’s listen to “Track 8”, which holds the joy and sadness of life.

♪ ♫ ♬

How was the song? Honestly, my heart aches whenever I listen to this song. I think “Track 8” was the song that I listened to when I was at my limit, feeling sad and tired.

The next songs I prepared are these ones, “Wings” by Mot, “One Fine Spring Day” by Kim Yoona, and “Someday” by Naul.

Well, I’m sure you already know but they’re really all masterpieces.. looking at this, I’ve mostly picked out songs that I used to listen to when I was very sad and stressed.

So, for “Wings,” well, back then if you had this song playing in your mini-hompi, then people would be like, “Wow, this guy has a great taste in music. Woah..”

And as for Kim Yoona’s song, it was an OST for a movie. Called “One Fine Spring Day”—this is also a great film—a great film’s OST.

“Someday,” I believe, is a remake. But I like Naul’s version.

So that’s why I picked these three songs. These three songs also have simply brilliant lyrics. So now, let’s listen to that song.

♪ ♫ ♬

Did you enjoy listening?

The next song is Radiohead’s “High and Dry.”

Well, I’m sure most people know the band Radiohead through their song “Creep,” but “High and Dry” is also a very famous song. And, well I think it fits the Korean soul pretty well. The hook is very simple and catchy, so I remember how I would immerse myself in the thought that ~I’m high and dry~ when I traveled to and from work on the subway or watched the Han River. So let’s listen to this song as well.

♪ ♫ ♬

I’ve also read an article once about how your ears become less open to new sounds once you reach around 33 to 34 years in age. So after that, you don’t really look to new genres or new music and end up listening repeatedly to what you already know.

Even still, I can’t deny that the songs that inflamed and inspired me in my youth are still flowing deeply inside me.

That’s why, if you look back too, you’ll probably realize that the music that you listened to the most and resonated with during your teens or maybe during that period that people refer to as puberty is still probably impacting you very deeply today. So I wanted to share those things with you.

Now, I’ll play the last songs for today. They’re Yoo Jaeha’s “Myself In My Heart,” and Bluedawn’s “Our Conversations Were Being Made Up of Short Unintelligible Words That Resembled The Deep Ocean Between Two Islands.” The title’s very interesting, isn’t it?

See the whole translation here or here

Trans © bts-trans / bangtansubs

Spoiler

July 8, 2021

From BTS Interview with Amazon Music

Jimin :

For me, I like listening to emotional songs by myself. There’s a song called “Zero O’Clock” which was performed by us (vocal members) and written by RM hyung. There’s a part that says “When the minute hand and second hand overlap, the world hold its breath for a little while.”

Even as I say it out loud right now, it give me chills to think how’d he (RM) come up with lyrics like this.

Back in March 2020. RM :

I was thankful to Jimin. He asked if I wrote the lyrics (Zero O’Clock). “Yes, I did”. I said so.

Jimin said he liked the lyrics and he felt like it was his story. He said that to me many times. After he recorded his part, he kept saying that he liked the lyrics. Talking about it... It shows his heart and sincerity.

These days, it’s hard to praise others for their successes and everyone is jealous of others.

In a way, saying honestly about what we like, and saying thank you means a lot to me these days. :cry:  Jimin is always good at saying such things. Anyways, he said several times. I was thankful for it.

I remember Jimin also supported RM’s “Intro: Persona” upon its release and played “Seoul Town Road” on one of his VLive.  :thumbsup:

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Yves (member of LOONA) :

BTS sunbaenims’ “Zero O’Clock.”

There’s a line that goes “Very briefly I hold my breath and give myself a pat again,” and when I listen on the way home it makes my heart soft and encourages me a lot, so I want to recommend it to the fans too.

hCGbJBD.jpg

eAeon - “Don’t” (ft. RM)

Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart | May 11, 2021

eAeon’s “Don’t,” featuring RM, debuts at No. 1 on this week’s World Digital Song Sales chart.

The song earns eAeon his first No. 1 on the chart, and RM his second solo (after “Winter Flower”).

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

eAeon Instagram

I can’t believe it. I would like to express my endless/countless gratitude to fans and ARMY, and also to everyone who helped me until this album is released, and Namjoon!  — Source (1) (2)

eAeon Twitter

They said Don’t ft. RM is 1st on the Billboard World Digital Song chart.. once again, I want to sincerely thank the fans and ARMY for their support. Thank you Namjoon, and congrats!  — Source (1) (2)

May 11, 2021

BTS Member RM Has Now Charted 10 Hits On His Own On The World Songs Chart

BTS member RM rules the World Digital Song Sales chart this week thanks to a new collaborative single that fans of the two musicians just had to have. RM joined eAeon on the latter artist’s new cut “Don’t,” which debuts in first place thanks to several thousand purchases in its first full tracking frame of availability.

With another win to his credit under the name RM, the BTS superstar has now appeared on the World Digital Song Sales chart with 10 different hits. Landing one or two hits is always worthy of note, but whenever a musician reaches double digit placements on any Billboard ranking, it’s a sign that they have become a real star on that tally.

As a lead artist, RM has now placed at least half a dozen tracks onto the World Digital Song Sales chart, with almost every tune featured on his sophomore mixtape mono. reaching the tally for at least one week. In fact, just one song from that project failed to make it to the list, which shows just how popular it was when it first arrived.

RM has also collected a number of hits on the World Digital Song Sales chart as a featured act thanks to some well-timed collaborations with fellow South Korean musicians. He has reached the ranking alongside Younha (“Winter Flower”), Tiger JK (“Timeless”), Agust D, also known as Suga, his BTS bandmate, (“Strange”) and now with eAeon on “Don’t.”

(G)I-dle, BTS’s RM, Psy And Itzy: Hits Making Moves On The World Songs Chart

No. 1 - eAeon - “Don’t (ft. RM)”

South Korean singer-songwriter eAeon hits No. 1 for the first time in his career on the World Digital Song Sales chart with his latest single “Don’t,” but he didn’t do it all on his own. The musician is joined by BTS member and global superstar RM, and the pair take the cut right to the top in its first go on the tally.

RM has now placed at least 10 tracks on the World Digital Song Sales chart without his bandmates, with two controlling the tally for at least one frame.

May 13, 2021

RM Is The Third BTS Member To Score Several No. 1 Hits On The World Songs Chart

A brand new song rules this week’s World Digital Song Sales chart, as it opens in first place, beating a handful of other new releases to the top. “Don’t,” a collaborative tune fronted by eAeon and which credits BTS member RM as a featured act, arrives at No. 1, bringing the former act to the highest spot for the first time, while the latter musician has been in that space before.

With one more solo chart-topper on the World Digital Song Sales ranking, RM joins two of his bandmates (j-hope & Suga) as the only ones from that group who have hit No. 1 more than once.

RM first ruled over the World Digital Song Sales chart early last year, as he and fellow South Korean singer Younha sent their joint effort “Winter Flower” to the peak position. Now that “Don’t” has kicked off its time atop the tally as well, he’s doubled his number of champions.

Source: Forbes (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

eAeon - “Don’t” (ft. RM)

Billboard Digital Song Sales chart | May 11, 2021

PF4OQOG.jpg

Source (1) (2)

CUbSOe1.jpg

May 10, 2021

BTS’s RM Breaks His Tie With Psy And Blackpink’s Rosé With Another Hit On Billboard’s Sales Chart

When the weekly Billboard charts officially refresh tomorrow (May 11), a number of exciting new releases will debut on the Digital Song Sales chart, which ranks the tracks that actually sold the greatest number of copies in the previous tracking frame. One solo superstar, who got his start in the biggest band of the planet right now, returns to the list, and by scoring another win, he moves up once more on an important all-time ranking.

RM, better known as one of the seven members of the globe-dominating all-male vocal act BTS, is slated to return to the Digital Song Sales chart, though he’s not on his own. The singer, songwriter and rapper (RM initially stood for Rap Monster) makes his way back to the tally as a featured guest on fellow South Korean musician eAeon’s new single “Don’t,” which enters the race at No. 34. The tune sold just over 2,900 copies in its first period of availability.

“Don’t” marks eAeon’s first placement on the Digital Song Sales chart, but the same can’t be said for RM. In fact, with one more placement, the musician breaks out of a tie with two of his countrymen who have found notable success in the U.S. on their own as well.

RM has now appeared on the Digital Song Sales chart under his solo moniker with three separate tunes. That’s an impressive sum for any South Korean act, especially a soloist, and the star now ranks among the most successful acts from that country when operating on his own.

With three appearances on the Digital Song Sales chart as RM, the South Korean musician now ranks as the solo star from that part of the world with the second-most placements on the tally. He comes in behind only fellow BTS member Suga.

By tacking on one more solo placement, RM breaks his tie with Psy and Blackpink member Rosé, who have both pushed a pair of cuts to the all-genre, all-language ranking. Before this week, the three artists were tied with one another for the second-most hits among South Korean solo stars on the Digital Song Sales chart, but now RM has pulled ahead. Rosé and Psy now sit together in third place, at least for the time being.

RM has yet to hit the Digital Song Sales chart entirely on his own, as all three of his hits on the tally come to him thanks to high-profile collaborations with other South Korean musicians. In addition to the newly-released “Don’t,” RM has also joined Younha on “Winter Flower” and his bandmate Agust D on “Strange,” both of which spent one turn on the roster.

May 11, 2021

BTS’s RM Now Claims The Fourth-Most Hits On The Sales Chart Among Korean Artists

BTS member RM returns to Billboard’s Digital Song Sales chart this frame, the organization’s weekly ranking of the most-purchased individual tracks in the U.S., thanks to a new collaboration that fans in America were clearly intrigued by. The musician joins fellow South Korean artist eAeon on his single “Don’t,” which sold just over 2,900 copies in its first eligibility period and which debuts at No. 34 on this week’s tally.

“Don’t” marks RM’s third placement on the Digital Song Sales chart on his own, and with one more credit to his solo discography, the musician now ranks among the most successful stars from his home nation when looking at the figures who have been able to sell well enough to place the most tunes on that specific list.

RM now ranks fourth on the list of South Korean musicians who have reached the Digital Song Sales chart most often, with three being enough to put him in the top four. While artists from the Asian country are quickly making big gains in the American market, it’s still a big feat whenever a new act reaches the sales tally or when a returning champion earns another placement.

Leading the way among all South Korean musical acts when looking at how many tracks they’ve sent to the Digital Song Sales chart is, unsurprisingly, BTS, and the septet is in a very, very distant first place. The vocal band has now placed an incredible 53 tunes onto the tally. That’s not just enough to make them the most successful name in K-pop on that one ranking, but one of the biggest acts among most genres.

Far behind in second place is Suga, also a member of BTS. Just a few wins ahead of RM comes Blackpink, who now ranks as the most successful South Korean girl group in the history of the Digital Song Sales chart and the act from that part of the world with the third-most placements.

Before this week, RM was tied with several other South Korean musicians with just two hits on the Digital Song Sales chart. Now, he’s broken out of that tie with names such as Psy, Verivery and Rosé from the band Blackpink.

Source: Forbes (1) (2) (3) (4)

eAeon - “Don’t” (ft. RM)

Canadian Digital Song Sales chart | May 11, 2021

B4ucLjL.jpg

Source (1) (2)

May 12, 2021

BTS’s RM Joins Psy, Blackpink’s Rosé And Suga With A Second Bestselling Song In Canada

Years after their first collaboration together was released, eAeon and BTS member RM have a new track together, and this one has become a charting success all around the world. In Canada, the tune is a bestseller, and by landing on the weekly ranking of the tracks which sold the most copies once again, RM joins a small (but growing) club of some of the biggest solo stars from his home country of South Korea.

“Don’t” debuts at No. 35 on this week’s Canadian Digital Song Sales chart, bringing eAeon to the list for the first time and RM back to the roster for a second go, at least when looking exclusively at the music he makes without his bandmates. RM, formerly known as Rap Monster, is now just the fourth solo musician from South Korea to place more than one tune on the northern tally.

Leading the way among all South Korean solo stars when looking at the number of tracks they’ve pushed to the Canadian Digital Song Sales chart is Suga, who also releases music under his Agust D moniker. Only Psy has pushed past a pair of charting hits on the Canadian Digital Song Sales chart, as three of his hit singles have appeared on the tally for at least one week. Just one other South Korean solo musician, Rosé, has appeared on the tally more than once.

Several other South Korean solo musicians have managed to hit the Canadian Digital Song Sales chart just once, with fellow BTS members J-Hope and V, as well as IU and another Blackpink singer, Jennie, earning just a single placement...at least so far.

May 18, 2021

BTS’s RM Made History In Canada With His Latest Bestselling Single In Three Ways

On last week’s Canadian Digital Song Sales chart, Billboard’s ranking of the bestselling individual tunes in the northern nation, two solo stars from South Korean debuted their latest collaboration somewhere in the middle of the tally, making history in the process. When eAeon and RM’s “Don’t” launched at No. 35, the latter musician earned several new spots in the history books, proving his power both with a group and without it once again.

Fourth South Korean Soloist With More Than One Hit

Not that many musicians from South Korean who release music on their own have landed on the Digital Song Sales chart in Canada, as it’s hard to develop a large enough fan base in a nation halfway around the world to have a shot at placing on the tally. Now, just four artists have done so more than once.

RM is just the fourth musician from his home country to place on the Canadian Digital Song Sales ranking solo with more than one tune. He joins fellow superstars Psy, BTS bandmate Suga and recent success story Rosé by scoring a second smash on the tally.

Third-Most Hits Among South Korean Soloists

While only four South Korean solo stars have charted more than one hit on the Canadian Digital Song Sales roster, they haven’t all landed on the tally the same number of times. BTS’s Suga leads the way among his counterparts, as he has now sent eight different tracks to the ranking. Behind him in second place among his countrymen comes Psy, who managed a trio of placements during his time in the spotlight.

RM and Rosé are tied for third place when looking at South Korean musicians working on their own who have reached the list most often, as they’ve both collected two hits.

Third South Korean Musician To Score Several Hits Solo And With A Group

It should come as no surprise that RM has now reached the Canadian Digital Song Sales chart both under his solo moniker and with the band that made him a global star, BTS. While he may have just earned his second placement without the septet, he has landed on the same ranking with 52 different BTS smashes.

Suga joins him in this accomplishment, and he has now racked up an incredible 60 appearances on the chart between his own material and BTS’s. In addition to her own wins, Rosé has also hit the ranking with Blackpink at least six times.

Source: Forbes (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Spanish Digital Song Sales (April 30 to May 6) via Vinilo Negro | May 10, 2021

#4 eAeon – Don’t (feat. RM).  — Source (1) (2)

Spoiler

1. Dani Martín – Cómo Me Gustaría Contarte
2. Aitana – Ni Una Más
3. The Weeknd & Ariana Grande – Save Your Tears (Remix)
4. eAeon – Don’t (feat. RM)  :wub:
5. Conchita – El Viaje
6. C. Tangana – Tú Me Dejaste de Querer (feat. Niño de Elche & La Húngara)
7. Sebastián Yatra & Myke Towers – Pareja Del Año
8. Justin Wellington – Iko Iko (feat. Small Jam)
9. Carlos Vives & Ricky Martin – Canción Bonita
10. Camilo – Vida de Rico
11. David Bisbal & Danna Paola – Vuelve, Vuelve
12. Riton & Nightcrawlers – Friday (feat. Mufasa & Hypeman) [Dopamine Re-Edit]
13. Jarabe de Palo – Eso Que Tú Me Das
14. Master KG – Jerusalema (feat. Nomcebo Zikode)
15. Daviles de Novelda – Flamenco y Bachata
16. Justin Bieber – Peaches (feat. Daniel Caesar & GIVĒON)
17. Nick Kamen – I Promised Myself
18. C. Tangana & Antonio Carmona – Me Maten (Live at NPR’s Tiny Desk)
19. David Bisbal & Aitana – Si Tú la Quieres
20. The Weeknd – Blinding Lights

eAeon - “Don’t” (ft. RM)

Global Spotify Viral 50 chart | May 26, 2021

eAeon and RM’s “Don’t” debuts at #26 on the global Spotify Viral 50 chart, the top new entry.

E2REZM3UYAIZBAP?format=png&name=small

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Reviews

May 24, 2021 | by Korean Indie (1) (2)

[ ... ]  Undoubtedly the most well-known track of the album, “Don’t (ft. RM)” opens up with the central theme of the album, the fragility of the human soul and its biggest weakness: love. The singer tries desperately to hold on to a doomed relationship, begging his partner to not destroy what they have.

“Don’t” shines by its melancholy and utter despair, brilliantly wrapped by the haunting synth work and breathy vocals, a similar feeling found in “badbye,” the first collaboration of eAeon and RM on the rapper’s mixtape mono. (2018). The song finishes with a sour taste left in our mouths, as if the melody isn’t the only thing left unfinished. Furthermore, it’s this broken relationship that we follow throughout the entire album.

May 1, 2021 | by ABS-CBN

The nearly four-minute record, written and composed by the pair, showcased a resonant melody, accompanied by yearning vocals, and powerful lyrics that explored love and loss.

July 17, 2021

OP found a couple of cases of books at a bookstore cafe in Seoul, labeled “Namjoon’s Library.” Among the books, it even has the TOEIC book Namjoon uses to study English!

Source (1) (2)

E6fKdHLVoAIlhLw?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

E6fKeCRVoAM_jgh?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler
On 5/31/2021 at 10:47 AM, bohmi said:

May 28, 2021

There’s section “Books that RM from BTS recommends!!!” in the Barnes & Noble’s bookstore in Huntersville, North Carolina

ra5TIvL.jpeg

July 23, 2021

OP went to the library and coincidentally saw the art books Namjoon donated on his birthday last year… the library also framed and displayed his note.

aCvOa8z.jpg

Source (1) (2)

[SBS Star] BTS RM Sends Gifts to National Libraries with a Handwritten Letter

Spoiler
On 11/10/2020 at 4:12 PM, bohmi said:

Nov 9, 2020

[SBS Star] BTS RM Sends Gifts to National Libraries with a Handwritten Letter

EmRs4qeVgAA6Q4H?format=jpg&name=large

Emb6d7BU4AE6x3A?format=jpg&name=medium

Source (1) (2)

July 18, 2021

From 2 Days & 1 Night Season 4 EP.84

The team Super-Strength (Moon Se Yoon, Ravi, Kim Min Kyung) played “One Mind” game. They were asked about “Who is your favorite member of BTS?”

They have to reply with the same answer. Kim Min Kyung and Ravi gave a ‘hint’ to the others. But their hints were different to each other. :mrgreen:  Kim Min Kyung said “I’m from Daegu” (referring to V), and Ravi said “the older one” (referring to Jin).

Their ‘plan’ almost succeeded. Kim Min Kyung and Ravi answered with “V”, but Moon Se Yoon answered with “VRM”.  :joy:

Source (1) (2)

July 23, 2021

Q. Wale, what is your most favorite collaboration that you’ve done on one of your projects my G?
Wale: Robyn Fenty. RM. Nicki. Mac Miller. Wizzy Balogun. So many I’ve been very blessed.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

October 3, 2019

Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman: “I’m part of ARMY. Big RM fan.” :wub:

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

July 24, 2021

BTS on SBS’s “8 O’Clock News” (SBS 8 News / SBS 8 뉴스)

July 26, 2021

RM Twitter Update :kiss_wink::kiss_closed:

Source (1) (2) (3)

July 26, 2021

Daegu Art Museum IG post:

kyaa :lol: the fact that BTS leader RM came to see the Lee Kunhee special collection <Welcome Home>,,,iBCvCNj.jpg!!
He left a very cool proof shot in front of Yoo Young-kuk’s painting iBCvCNj.jpg everyone, please come to the proof shot party with your black bucket hats g72zNt4.jpg

spacer.png

Daegu Art Museum IG stories:

What.. ?iBCvCNj.jpg

f7p86ac.jpg

Whaaaaattt????? iBCvCNj.jpgiBCvCNj.jpgiBCvCNj.jpgiBCvCNj.jpg

gwWPhuA.jpg