[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

BTS is TIME’s 2020 Entertainer of the Year

“We’re not sure if we’ve actually earned respect. But one thing for sure is that [people] feel like, O.K., this is not just some kind of a syndrome, a phenomenon. These little boys from Korea are doing this.” — RM

RM has always told me that BTS are just “seven guys from Korea who love music and like to perform.” I’ve been covering BTS since 2017, and by now I know he’s being too humble. They’re so much more. — Raisa Bruner

Read the whole article here

iEgry9l.jpg

Photo Credit. @bts_bighit

TIME’s 2020 Entertainer of the Year, BTS perform “Dynamite.” (RM part cut)

RM Weverse Update (December 15, 2020)

I want to eat hotteok.. (korean sweet pancake)

xV1mKtY.jpg

1 Hour Later...

Big Hit jjang (the best)  :bawling:

gAvAy2N.jpg

Source: minimoniT_T (1) (2)

December 12, 2020
2020 The Fact Music Awards (TMA)

Ffsa6gC.jpg

Spoiler

oOZJi29.jpg

GWrTa2t.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3)

In September 2018, French daily newspaper, Le Monde quoted RM’s poem from 2005 when they reported about the Korean reunification topic.

The poem was written by RM, when he was in 5th grade!! :what!:

DnZmltHWsAA53Nu?format=jpg&name=small

Source: Le Monde via @lemonamurm

I found two versions of english translation of the poem. Both have the same meaning.

#Version 1.

Spoiler

“Korean Peninsula Tiger, and Unification”

Not a small rabbit but
a scary tiger.

Scratch is made on the tiger’s waist.

Hurt on the waist
struggling
one tiger continues to suffer.

China, and Japan, and United States
all looked down on us, and said we are not a tiger but only a small rabbit.

But the day when the scratch on the tiger’s waist washes away
the world will not be able to look down on us.

South will be like the north,
North will be like the south,

The day when the two colors on the Korean flag
unite and become purple,

70 million citizens
will become one
and look up to the sky with hands together,

That day will come one day.

Marching one step by step
to the place called unification,

We are not a small rabbit but
one brave tiger.

To a place where we are under one sky even in different places.

Trans cr: to owner

#Version 2.

Spoiler

“The Korean Tiger and Reunification”

Not a small rabbit,
but an intimidating tiger.

The tiger broke his back.

This tiger’s broken back makes him whimper
and gives him endless pain.

China, Japan, and the US
all looked down on us, calling us a rabbit and not a tiger.

But when the tiger’s back heals clean,
the world will not be able to look down on us anymore.

The South will resemble the North
and the North will resemble the South.

When the two colors on the flag mix to become purple in unity,

the 70 million citizens
will become one
and look up at the sky with hands in hands.

The day will come.

With each step we take,
we get closer to reunification.

We’re not a small rabbit,
but a brave tiger.

We may not be together, but we are looking up at the same sky.

The 70 million citizens are one with the tiger,
walking forward one step at a time.

Like this, we all walk toward reunification…

Original source: here,  Trans cr: Koreaboo

The poem uses a tiger in a metaphoric way to describe Korea. The quality and meaning behind the writing has many netizens shocked in amazement. Compliments took over the web,

• “Really a 5th grader? Dang, better than a high schooler.”
  • “BTS always seems to have great interest in history, nation, and society. There is so much you can learn from listening to their music.”
  • “Crazy. His grammar is better than my older brother.”
  • “The poem is so well written. How can he write like that? I showed this to my parents and they clapped kekeke..”

December 21, 2020

2020 Art Sponsor of the Year Award

Namjoon won the 2020 Art Sponsor of the Year Award from Art Council Korea for his donation to the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (MMCA) in September.

The online awards ceremony was held yesterday. Namjoon was not present but Yoon Bum Mo, the director of the MMCA, gave a short speech describing Namjoon’s donation to the MMCA to publish out-of-print art books and distribute them to libraries and schools.

The VCR also mentioned his previous donation to the Seoul Samsung School (a specialized school for the hearing-impaired) to help provide music education to students who are hard of hearing. The hosts also talked about his love of art and his numerous visits to museums and galleries, which has spurred many of his fans to also visit.

P4S7Esg.jpg

Watch the full 2020 Art Sponsor of the Year Awards Ceremony here or here

Source (1) (2) (3)

Namjoon’s donation to the MMCA (September 2020)
Namjoon’s donation to the Seoul Samsung School (September 2019)

:cutekitty:

December 21, 2020

Winners of 2020 Art Sponsor of the Year Awards announced

Individuals like RM of BTS, singer Henry and companies including KT have been announced as some of the recipients of the 2020 Art Sponsor of the Year Awards hosted by the Arts Council Korea.

The awardees are selected for their contribution to the arts world over the past year. A total of six companies and four individuals were selected this year.

The council said it selected RM for his 100-million-won ($91,000) donation to the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in September and Henry for his work discovering new musical talents through his YouTube channel Henry Together.

KT was chosen for sponsoring small theaters in Daehangno and running its KT Chamber Orchestra for 11 years, while Shinhan Card Digital Stage was selected for suggesting new ways for individuals and groups to give to the arts, according to the council.

Source: Korea JoongAng Daily

December 22, 2020

BTS’s RM And Henry Recognized By Arts Council Korea As 2020 Patrons Of The Arts

4112873560ce42c7969b9d1e0afb5f8a.jpeg?s=

BTS’s RM, singer Henry, and more have been recognized for their work to support the arts!

On December 21, the Arts Council of Korea announced its 2020 Patrons of the Arts. Through an annual ceremony that began in 2012, the council recognizes individuals and companies that have taken the lead in providing support for the arts during the year.

RM was chosen as a winner for his work as an art patron through acts such as donating 100 million won (approximately $90,400) to the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in September. The money was used to produce out-of-print art books and donate them to over 400 places around the country. It’s stated that RM’s love for the arts has also encouraged an interest in the arts among BTS fans as well.

Henry started his “Henry Together” series on YouTube in March, through which he uses a new method to discover musical prodigies. He’s also an honorary ambassador for Orchestra of Dream, the Korean version of the music organization El Sistema.

Further awards went to the Gwangju Museum of Art’s honorary director Ha Jung Woong, as well as companies including KT and more.

Source: Soompi

Edited by bohmi

December 14, 2020

Jungwon from ENHYPEN mentioned RM in an interview with Teen Vogue.

“I look up to RM of BTS because I think he is a good leader and there is a lot to learn from his way of listening to [his] team members and resolving conflicts.”

FYI: Jungwon received cactus from RM when BTS appeared on Mnet’s “I-LAND”

NUYWPmn.jpg

Spoiler

RM Sunbaenim Cactus  :love:

EhJ5bZoVgAEj2-4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Source: @yangwoning0209

December 10, 2020

In an interview with NME, Rina Sawayama mentioned RM when asked about her thoughts on the fantastic success K-POP is enjoying all around the world, for example artists like BTS and BLACKPINK.

“I met BTS, I met Namjoon (RM) and he was really, really lovely and they’re just all so hard working.”

K-Pop girl group LOONA has RM’s “Trivia Love” in their holiday playlist.

f10rG1P.jpg

Source: Starry Festive Nights with LOONA

On tcast’s E Channel reality show “Sporty Sisters,” which aired on December 22, former professional golfer Park Se-ri said, “I like RM’s voice. It’s very charming, cool, and sexy.” (Source)

I agree  :approves:

(November 2019) — During his interview with Quizface on Capital FM, Lauv was asked to pick “which BTS member smells the nicest.” He answered “RM.” (Source)

(March 2015) — Kim Ji Seok also said the same things about RM in television program “Problematic Men.”

Kim Ji Seok said to RM, “You smell nice.” :wub:

4dMCKeu.gif

GIF by @gif_namjoon

BLACK SWAN

On 10/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, bohmi said:

“RM provided the additional touches needed and really sprinkled on the magic of what the song has now become,” Nantes added.  [ ... ]  (Source)

RM watched the movie ‘Black Swan’ before writing the lyrics, which made him think of the life of dancers. (Source)

December 21, 2020

Insider's 30 Best Songs of 2020

Insider ranked the 30 best songs of 2020, weighing factors like critical acclaim, cultural impact, and listenability.

6. "Dynamite" may have been BTS' biggest hit this year, but "Black Swan" was their greatest artistic triumph.

"Black Swan" is a lush, theatrical song that grapples with self-doubt and fear — specifically, the BTS members' fear of dissonance. What happens when the biggest, most beloved band in the world doesn't feel creatively fulfilled by music anymore?

It's a truly fascinating choice as a single. "Black Swan" doesn't stomp and strut like "On," or blush and beam like "Boy With Luv." Rather, it broods and burns.

The song's shadowy production is anchored by a deliberate trap beat and the septet's sharp, unparalleled finesse; each line is delivered with a ferocious intensity.

The contrast is stunning. "Black Swan" sounds like anxiety and panic, even without understanding the Korean lyrics — but it feels like the focus and defiance that shines through that emotional fog, like a lighthouse beacon.

Source: Insider

RM Changed His Lyrics During SBS Gayo Daejeon 2020 Performance.

Life Goes On

• “looks like it’s going to rain again today”  to  “looks like it’s going to snow today”
  • “I guess I’m only human after all”  to  “I guess I’m a snowman

Dynamite

• “ladies and gentlemen, I got the medicine...”  to  “ladies and gentlemen, I got the snowman...”
Spoiler

SBS-GAYODAEJUN-JOON-3.gif

upPWHSq.gif

GIFs:

@gif_namjoon (1) (2)

@rkivegifs