[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

RM — Man with a rich musical flavor and dainty personality.

Before gaining fame with BTS, RM carved out his own musical path as underground rapper Runch Randa as a young musician. Let’s dig deep into the band’s leader, main rapper, songwriter and producer!

Correction : “Bicycle” was released in 2021 not 2018.

Kevin and Sunwoo from THE BOYZ mentioned RM in a recent live.

Kevin : Bangtan RM sunbaenim as well…
Sunwoo : Isn’t he so amazing?
Kevin : He learned english by watching a drama!
Sunwoo : Right?
Kevin : The same one is on Netflix. I also enjoy watching it.
Sunwoo : <Friends>?
Kevin : Yes.

Spoiler

Spoiler
On 12/2/2020 at 8:22 PM, bohmi said:

March 2019

Kevin from The Boyz talked about BTS and RM on his VLive

Other links here

Question: Who’s your favourite member of BTS?

Kevin: Mad respect for BTS, I think their success because of their work ethic, attitude towards music, and love they have for the fans, but if I had to pick one member — RM sunbaenim. Because after watching the UN Summit Speech, I was like, wow this guy is amazing, he has very intellectual mind and also concerning the fact that his native tongue is not english. And if you watched interviews like he’s just kept improving at his english. I’m sure he’s a great leader for his team. RM sunbaenim from BTS, mad respect for him. If you’re watching this, mad respect for you sir. B)

Source (1) (2) (3)

This member is the identity of BTS according to netizens

Who do you think is the identity of BTS?
→  For me, it’s RM!

fsNMZ9F.jpg

1. [+124, -8] The fans know BTS’s identity is RM
2. [+104, -7] The identity of BTS can only be RM, BTS debuted because of RM, and the leader is RM
3. [+45, -4] Honestly, I don’t think BTS would be this successful without RM
4. [+34, -4] RM seems to be the one who has the most influence on the direction of BTS

5. [+32, -2] It feels like RM is holding the center position of BTS
6. [+31, -1] I think the reason BTS is different from other idols is the direction, values, philosophy, and message, but those things come from RM
7. [+30, -3] Honestly, you can say that RM is the identity of BTS because BTS revolves around Namjoon

Source (1) (2)

“Namjoon is the central pillar of our team. He’s BTS. Namjoon is BTS itself.”  — BTS Jin (2022)

Spoiler

59XtKfT.jpg

2022.07.14  From j-hope’s album listening session  #JackInTheBox

Tiger JK’s Twitter Update  #YoonMirae #TigerJK #BIBI #RM

Simon Dominic’s Instagram story : “ME, RM, and Jessi”  [matching watches / twinning watches]

68Yjc95.jpg

Dancer Brother Bin’s Instagram story : “Regarding/about [the fact that] RM hyungnim is a fan of me..”   Trans © btsbaragi__

WsT4A04.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3)

1 hour ago, bohmi said:

Rapper Goldbuuda’s Instagram Update : “@uarmyhope (j-hope) congrats on the new music once again, now i gotta give big shoutout to rkive (RM) showing us some big love”

Spoiler

Rapper Lil Cherry’s Instagram story  #LilCherry #RM #Goldbuuda

Goldbuuda and Lil Cherry are siblings.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

13 hours ago, bohmi said:

From Uhm Jung Hwa & W Korea Editor In Chief Lee Hye Joo’s Instagram post.

X0AzSbv.jpg

From Actor Kim Young Kwang’s Instagram post.

PsONcva.jpg

From dancers "B-boy" FE & Hong 10’s Instagram post.

9IVqLVq.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

2022.07.15   Jessi mentioned RM on her Instagram Live. (After j-hope’s album listening session event)

“Their teamwork is such a like... Shout out to RM. He, he is the best leader. Like he made sure that they all of them were just like good you know.”

*Jessi also mentioned (not included in this video) that she vibed the most with RM and Jimin.

Source (1) (2)

2022.07.15   j-hope via Rolling Stone :

The first person I shared the album with … it’s always the same for me. I always share with RM first.

When RM heard the album, he said, “Wow, I didn’t think you’d do music like this. I have a bit of a brain freeze.” [Smiles.]  “And it’s so you. The fact that you brought this music at this time.… I really respect it, and I love that it’s so you.” He (RM) gave me that feedback.

Spoiler

jonhuD1.jpg

Watch: BTS Speaks At White House Press Briefing Before Meeting With U.S. President Joe Biden

Ahead of their historic meeting with U.S. President Joe Biden, BTS made a special appearance at the White House press briefing to give a few words.

On May 31 local time, the members of BTS met privately with President Biden at the White House on the final day of AANHPI (Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander) Heritage Month. According to White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, President Biden had invited BTS for “a discussion about Asian inclusion, representation, and diversity, as well as addressing anti-Asian hate crimes and discrimination.”

After being introduced by press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre as “pop phenoms” and “Grammy-nominated international icons… [who] play an important role as youth ambassadors promoting a message of respect and positivity,” each of the BTS members took turns giving brief remarks in Korean.

FUHBqdUVIAEEC7C?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

FUHB81ZUEAAhIxH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

BTS leader RM began by saying in English, “Thank you, Karine, for your kind words. Hi, we’re BTS, and it is a great honor to be invited to the White House today to discuss the important issues of anti-Asian hate crimes, Asian inclusion, and diversity.”

[ ... ]

RM then concluded in English, “Lastly, we thank President Biden and the White House for giving us this important opportunity to speak about important causes and remind ourselves of what we can do as artists. Once again, thank you very much.”

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

“RM makes his speech sing.”  — Jerry Weissman, Forbes

Last week, BTS, the enormously popular South Korean boy band, met with President Biden to culminate Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander month. As White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre described them in her briefing room introduction, the international pop icons are also “youth ambassadors who spread a message of hope and positivity across the world.” The group’s objective in the meeting with the president was to discuss Asian inclusion, representation, and diversity as well as to address anti-Asian hate crimes and discrimination.

Each of the BTS members made a brief statement in Korean that was simultaneously translated for the White House press corps and the broadcast video cameras. But their leader, Kim Nam Jun, also known as RM, delivered his statement in flawless English, a skill he developed as a child by watching “Friends” with his mother. In fact, his speaking skills are so good, he serves a positive role model for any presenter.

RM demonstrated his talents in a longer speech he delivered at the United Nations General Assembly to launch Generation Unlimited, a program designed to provide global education and training to “tackle the crisis holding back millions of young people.” What made his speech exemplary was the way he crafted his story and the way he delivered it; the two essential elements of any speech or presentation: the message and the messenger.

[ ... ]

You can see RM’s model delivery skills in the video of his six-minute speech. Of particular note is his effective eye contact to engage with his large audience—even though he used notes. He did this by glancing at his notes during his pauses rather than while he was speaking. This simple technique made him appear confident rather than furtive.

His pauses also enabled him to group his words into integral sound bites, in much the same way he phrases his lyrics when he sings. This technique is particularly important for the UN General Assembly audience where English is a second language for many—as well as in this increasingly globalized world. A crisp cadence makes it easy for all audience to understand and follow.

RM makes his speech sing.

Source (1) (2) (3)

img.gif

2022.07.21  RM Weverse Live

RM said his album might come next (after j-hope).  :scream: :love:

“So I’m just turning the live on to say this… Look out for my album~ Stay tune~”

“This larvae (of work) might soon turn into a butterfly, so please look forward to it.”

The first tattoo experience  :lol:

Spoiler

Watch the live here  / Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

“The thought that the singer might have to leave the fan someday, and the fans might have to leave the singers someday.”   — RM on Weverse Live (July 2022)

On 7/18/2022 at 8:12 AM, bohmi said:

2022.07.15   j-hope via Rolling Stone :

The first person I shared the album with … it’s always the same for me. I always share with RM first.

When RM heard the album, he said, “Wow, I didn’t think you’d do music like this. I have a bit of a brain freeze.” [Smiles.]  “And it’s so you. The fact that you brought this music at this time.… I really respect it, and I love that it’s so you.” He (RM) gave me that feedback.

Source (1) (2) (3)