[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

William Hammington from “Superman Is Back” says he likes RM and wants to dye his hair blue like him. He likes Dynamite and Old Town Road Remix (Seoul Town Road).

7h2YCqo.jpeg

It was just revealed that Korea-based New Zealander Australian comedian Sam Hammington’s first son William Hammington is a huge fan of K-pop boy group BTS’ leader RM.

On a video was uploaded on William Hammington’s Instagram. The video showed William Hammington talking to Sam Hammington.

William Hammington said, “I want to change my hair color to blue like RM hyung.”

As Sam Hammington asked why, William Hammington shyly smiled.

Then, he explained, “Because he looks cool.”

Spoiler

William: RM hyung-ah, I also want to change my hair to be like hyung, to blue

Sam: Why?

William:  :relaxed:  Aaam.. daaa.. mm.. because it’s cool

In the caption, it said, “I’m very much into BTS these days~~ Out of them though, I’m in so much love with RM hyung~~ I came to like him after watching BTS’ latest music video. Lately I’ve been working hard memorising Dynamite lyrics, and Old Town Road that hyung sang is really the best, I like it^^ hyung’s voice is exactly the style I like~ I’ve also been busy practicing the dance moves.”

Source: SBS Star@minimoniT_T

lVb3z0x.jpg

INTERVIEW
RM: “I spend a lot of time thinking about where I am now”

BTS BE comeback interview

The story of BTS’ new album BE started on April 17, 2020 when group member RM announced its production on the BANGTANTV YouTube channel. In the seven months that followed until the album’s release, RM’s mind was full, his thoughts flowing in and out of his head.

Spoiler

How do you feel about the unique approach you took to making your new album, BE?

RM: The other members were a ton of help to me. My lyrics made it on the album, but the music I composed didn’t, so I’m really thankful to the group for the music. How should I say this? I feel like everyone is doing a great job. There are so many parts in these songs that I’m indebted to them for. “Stay” was originally going to be the title song on Jung Kook’s mixtape, but everyone liked it so much, and they all agreed to put that on our album. That’s how much influence they had. I’m really happy my room idea was chosen to be the album photos. Since we’re spending a lot of time in our rooms because of COVID-19, we laid out the idea of each of us decorating a room in our own style. I can’t remember for sure (laughs) but I think I’m the one who came up with that. I made a comfortable room, one that’s modern and warm because that’s what I like.

There’s a painting in the middle, and symmetrically arranged figurines.

RM: The figures are from my own collection. I wanted to show one of my paintings, but that didn’t pan out. But still, those are the things I hold most dear to me right now, so I let the room embody the things I wish I had, too.

8B1FArk.jpg

It’s well known that you like art and frequent exhibitions, but how do you feel when you look at art in your home or another space where there are no people, like in the album art?

RM: Someone said, “You don’t have to buy this painting; it’s yours so long as you’re looking at it.” That’s my favorite sound bite these days. What I most envied about painters was that, even after they died, their work would be hanging up somewhere, maybe even in another country, still defining that space. Musicians leave behind their songs and videos, too, but it’s only through fine art that viewers in the future are able to completely meet artists from the past. I’m envious that this is only possible for painters. These days I’m trying to find spaces where I can have more relaxed viewing experiences.

There’s a full experience involved, from the time you get ready to leave your house until the time you’re actually looking at artwork in the gallery.

RM: That’s perfect to me. There’s art you can keep at home, and then there’s art that should always be viewed in museums.

What effect do you think that type of experience has on your music? You didn’t compose any of the songs but instead participated in writing the lyrics to all of the tracks. Did that experience affect your lyric writing in any way?

RM: I think it’s helped me develop a way of thinking using all the senses. I used to be attuned to speech and focus on language and auditory textures, but now I can look at my thoughts from many different angles. That’s why I spend more time studying art now. I’m waiting for the day that it all comes to the surface, like when you paint the base on a canvas over and over so the colors pop. It’s hard to answer in one word if it has a direct influence on my work, but I think people who create music develop a way of seeing the world through their personal experience and their creative process. Painters naturally exhibit their art over a very long period of time. I think it gave me an eye for looking at the world in one long, continuous stroke. So now it’s become a little challenging for me to write lyrics these days. I’ve become more cautious.

SAVGdcZ.jpg

Why is it so challenging?

RM: I used to have so many ideas pouring out that it was hard to pluck one out. So I would stack them up like a Jenga tower and ponder over which one to remove. But now, it’s hard to even add a block to the stack. :tears: I’m not sure why but, when I look at these artists whose works span their entire lives, I sense that the rhythm of my creativity is slowing down more and more. That’s the source of my dilemma. I’m only 27 years old. I still need to wander around and get tripped up a little. But am I just trying to imitate what the fine artists are doing? Or maybe BTS experienced so much in the past seven years, that now it’s time for us to take a breather? I’ve got so many questions, I feel like my hair’s turning white. That’s why none of my songs are on the album. I wrote some, but they were too personal to use there. I don’t exactly like myself like this, but I have to see through to the end in this direction and find the answer.

Maybe for that reason, your rapping has shifted focus to the lyrics more so than trend or musicality. It emphasizes the feeling of the words over a particular format or beat.

RM: Exactly. In—was it 2017? Pdogg was talking to Yoongi, Hobi and me about our style, and said, “Namjoon, it feels like you’re becoming a lyricist,” and it really stuck with me. I have a lot of thoughts lately when I watch Show Me the Money or listen to hip hop songs from the Billboard chart. My music started out all about my life as a rapper, so I spend a lot of time thinking about where I am now.

So you’ve started to ask yourself who you are as a musician?

RM: I listened to Lee So-ra’s seventh album again today. I keep changing my mind but, if I had to pick between her sixth and seventh album, I like her seventh a little more. And then I listen to the most popular songs on Billboard, and I feel kind of thrown off. Um … There’s something Whanki Kim said that’s been running around in my head lately: After moving to New York, he embraced the style of artists like Mark Rothko and Adolf Gottlieb, but then he said, “I’m Korean, and I can’t do anything not Korean. I can’t do anything apart from this, because I am an outsider.” And I keep thinking that way, too. That’s my main concern lately.

WP9g2Ft.jpg

You can feel that on BE. As the members take on more prominent roles as songwriters and producers, characteristics of old Korean music—the kind of music you likely listened to in middle and high school—gradually entered your sound. But your music isn’t from that era, and it sounds like pop, but not quite.

RM: The sound has to fit with the whole album so I couldn’t incorporate that feel into BTS songs, but the songs I’m listening to most lately have been Korean. Songs like P-Type’s “Don Quixote,” Dead’P’s “Spread My Wings,” Soul Company’s album The Bangerz. The impressions the songs from back then have left on me, the lyrics from back then and the lyrics from now, they’re different. So BE is both Korean and pop; it’s very unique, in my view.

I think that’s especially true for “Life Goes On.” It’s got a pop melody, but compared to “Dynamite,” it has a very different feel. It doesn’t slip deep into the sentimental, instead allowing the melody to flow naturally.

RM: Exactly. The chorus is totally pop, and one of the writers was also American. But the song doesn’t really follow American music trends, weirdly. So I don’t know how “Life Goes On” is going to be received. It’s really calm, almost contemplative. So there’s lyrics, like, “Like an echo in the forest,” and, “Like an arrow in the blue sky.” The song kind of feels like that: It could just float off and disappear. It might even come off as bland next to “Dynamite.”

If nothing else, it seems the song will stick around for a long time. Maybe kids now will listen to it later on in the future.

RM: I hope so. That’s the one thing I really hope for, people in the future, thinking back and saying, “Oh, right! Remember that one song?” That’s what my favorite artists and other people who leave a lasting impression on me have in common. One thing common among the songs that have affected me a lot, like Lee So-ra’s seventh album, is that the lyrics they utter in their voice along with the overall sound stick with me. I hope when people look back, my words uttered with the sound of my voice, echoes for a long time in an auditory or visual way, or even throughout their entire lives. But that’s the dilemma: We have all these bling-bling symbols of our success, but we’re not that kind of team.

Spoiler

Q9EmBRK.jpg

And yet, BTS’s career path is even more “bling-bling” than ever. “Dynamite” was the top song on the Billboard Hot 100.

RM: I was the first one to check our position (laughs) but I didn’t want to get too excited about it. I was scared of facing disappointment so I put the brakes on out of habit, and restrained myself. But on the other hand, I feel like I should relish this moment. This is a once-in-a-lifetime thing; shouldn’t I enjoy myself a bit? But I disliked that sensation of only feeling elated so I tried to be as objective as possible. I was just one small part of everything that made this happen.

It reminds me of that part, “Running faster than that cloud of rain / Thought that would be enough / Guess I’m only human after all,” from “Life Goes On.”

RM: “Only human” sounds so appropriate for me right now. One time, I saw a dark cloud over the N Seoul Tower while I was walking along the Han River. I was with a friend and we talked about where the border between where it’s raining and where it’s not might be, and suddenly, we came up with the idea to run and find that spot. But after running for 10 minutes, the cloud was even further away than it had been. At that moment, the puzzle pieces snapped into place. You think you can go faster than that dark cloud? No. That’s what I realized then. And I just like what Whanki Kim said, that maybe I can’t do anything not Korean, because that’s what I am. I used to work late and then stay up all night when things weren’t working out, sometimes walking from Samseong to Sinsa station, thinking everything through. But now, like the saying, I realize that maybe I can’t do more than what I am.

On Weverse, you said that you gained some muscle from working out. Could the change to your body improve your creativity in the long term?

RM: I started to think I better change myself a little, physically or mentally. I’m talking about being steady. I used to bombard myself with challenges and worries and just get over them, but now I think it’s time to find that one sturdy thing and plant myself there. The best choice was working out, and I think it’s changing my behavior a lot. I’m hoping that, if I keep working out for a year or two, I’ll become a different person.

Spoiler

Z7UpVvH.jpg

Music is your job, but also your life. Like you expressed in “Dis-ease,” how would you say you feel about your work?

RM: This is my job and my calling and I feel a great sense of responsibility. I think I’m lucky and happy that I can solely worry about my creative process. And I feel very responsible to those people who put their trust in me, so I try not to cross any lines, judge myself honestly, and always be professional. Those are the responsibilities that come with the job—the things I have to do and the promises I won’t betray. But if I’m going to do it, I’m going to be happy while I do it. That’s not always going to be possible, but that’s generally how I feel.

Well then, how do you feel about BTS at the moment?

RM: BTS is … Well, it’s really hard to tell. (laughs) When BTS started out, I thought, “I know everything there is to know about BTS,” but now it’s, “I don’t know a single thing about BTS.” In the past, I felt like I knew everything, and that anything was possible. Call it childish or ambitious. But if I were to ask myself, “What is BTS to me?” I would say, we’re just people who met each other because we were meant to. But it feels like the stars aligned and a startup company became a unicorn, with perfect timing and lots of smart people. Looking back, there were a lot of ironies and contradictions in this industry. I thought I figured them out one by one, and then finally understood the whole thing. But now I feel like I don’t know anything at all. Anyway, to sum up: My young, reckless twenties. The events of my twenties. There were a lot of contradictions, people, fame, and conflict all tangled together, but it was my choice and I got a lot out of it, so my twenties were an intense but also happy time.

Spoiler

sPWiNqA.jpg

And what about you, as one individual person?

RM: I’m a real Korean person. (laughs) A person who wants to do something in Korea. I think millennials are charging into society stuck between the analog and digital generations, and what I chose is BTS. So I try to integrate myself into our generation, try to understand what people like me are thinking, and try to work hard to capture that feeling without being a burden on them. This might be another kind of irony itself, but this is who I am. I’m a 27-year-old Korean. That’s what I think.

Source: Weverse Magazine / @weverseofficial

Several hours after Namjoon’s interview out, MTV UK tweeted this. :wub:

Author and executive editor at Amazon Inc.’s, C.J. Farley tweet that he’d love to hear Alicia Keys cover more BTS songs like “00:00 (Zero O’Clock),” “Spring Day,” and “Trivia 承 : Love.”

The three songs are related to Namjoon. :fullofhearts:

“Life Goes On” cover by Alicia is beautiful. I hope there will be LGO Remix featuring Alicia Keys.

:dorashakes:

RM visited the exhibition of "Moment of 'ㄱ' " on 29th Nov 2020.

RM of boy band Bangtan Boys, also known as BTS paid a visit to an art exhibition called "Moment of ㄱ" (giyeok, the first letter of hangeul or the Korean alphabet), which is held to mark the 100th anniversary of Chosun Ilbo.

RM, a self-confessed art lover, closely looked around all the corners of the exhibition and wrote a message to King Sejong the Great, who is credited with inventing hangeul, in Korean calligraphy.

King Sejong the Great
Thank you
It's all thanks to you
— from a young man

It hangs on the 3rd floor at the Hangaram Art Museum in the Seoul Arts Center in Seoul.

2020113001585_0.jpg

RM said "I was very impressed with [the late video art pioneer] Paik Nam-june's media art, and petroglyphs from Cheonjeon-ri (small town of Ulsan)." He added "The handwriting of Korean poetry from Gokseong (town of South Jeolla Province) also touched my heart. Because grandmothers wrote it, and they learned how to write in Korean when they over 80 years old."

oO9OrB0.jpg

RM once said that his father's love for art rubbed off on him. Asked at a press event on Nov. 20 if he wanted to become an artist, he said, "My father was so talented in drawing that he dreamed of becoming a cartoonist, but I don't think I have the gift. I just want to focus on what I'm doing as a member of BTS."

Source: Chosun Ilbo, Naver, Daum, art.hangeul

December 1, 2020

Ladies’ Code Ashley, “RM speaks english very well”

Ladies’ Code Ashley appeared on MBC FM4U “Good Morning FM” and praised RM’s english skills.

She praised director Bong Joon-ho and RM’s english as listening material, saying she was surprised by how well RM speaks in english.

Source: Naver via @blockforknj

March 2019

Kevin from The Boyz talked about BTS and RM on his VLive

Other link here

Question: Who’s your favourite member of BTS?

Kevin: Mad respect for BTS, I think their success because of their work ethic, attitude towards music, and love they have for the fans, but if I had to pick one member — RM sunbaenim. Because after watching the UN Summit Speech, I was like, wow this guy is amazing, he has very intellectual mind and also concerning the fact that his native tongue is not english. And if you watched interviews like he’s just kept improving at his english. I’m sure he’s a great leader for his team. RM sunbaenim from BTS, mad respect for him. If you’re watching this, mad respect for you sir. B)

BTS and The Boyz (Melon Music Awards 2018) :love:

WkWOP0g.jpg

On March 14, 2019, RM recommended Jannabi’s song on Twitter and the next day, they went live, talked about RM and BTS.

Jung Hoon (Jannabi’s leader): Bangtan Sonyeondan’s RM-nim introduced us through Twitter. As soon as we saw that, we got contacted by our acquaintances more than when we released an album! Thank you so much, really, thank you so much, thank you so much. Many people posted about our music (following that). Thank you so much to all of you. To us, it becomes such a great support, thank you. I especially really like BTS. We are like-minded. Bangtan Sonyeondan fighting, we can do it!

Watch the video here

Source: @cafe_army

At the end of November 2019, they met at Melon Music Awards 2019.

The handshake between two leaders. Jung Hoon shook RM’s hands and held onto him not letting his hands go. Watch the video here (1) (2)

EKzAHmSW4AAh1yR?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EKzAIvWU0AAbemz?format=jpg&name=large

EKzAJ_eU8AAgoxt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EKzALBIU0AExZJD?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Source: @LemonamuRM

BTS RM for Topclass Magazine October 2020 (Issue No.185)

l9YvZgs.jpg

(Cover Story) BTS RM — A true leader of this age, embraces differences

2010_008.jpg

- A rational mediator, soft charisma -

- “Dignity of attitude” shown by “servant leadership” -

Spoiler

2010_008_1.jpg

- Power that focuses on “we”, not on the outside, but on the “inside” -

Spoiler

2010_008_2.jpg

- RM and Kim Nam Joon -

Spoiler

2010_008_3.jpg

- Hanyang Cyber University Graduate School (Advertising & Media) -
Academic passion that never stops...

- Between public love and artist’s responsibility -

Spoiler

2010_008_4.jpg

Read the full article here

November 30, 2020

2020_CULTURE_#3 exhibition, drama, entertainment

Allure Korea wrote an article about Korean culture and art which were comforting us around even when we couldn’t do anything. Saying culture and art were a true friend of 2020, because 2020 is filled with fear, anxiety and helplessness.

RM was mentioned with his own little section of the article called “RM’s Choice”, talking about how RM loved to go around museums and exhibitions looking at art.

OjsbkxF.jpg

Source: Allure Korea via @btseternaIs

The writer wrote an article about similarity between RM and Joseph Haydn (Father of Classical Symphony).

October 21, 2020

Joseph Haydn and RM have two things in common: warmth and rationality.

wN5jnMi.jpg

Photo Credit. as labeled

Joseph Haydn in the 18th century or RM in the 21st century are good leaders who satisfy everyone’s wishes with a warm tone without hurting their feelings. Both of them are good at communicating too.

Listening to the music of the 18th century Joseph Haydn and the 21st century RM, we learned about leadership from their warmth and rationality.

Read the whole article here

December 3, 2020

RM of BTS makes his first ever appearance on the Hot 100 Songwriters chart this week (#3). Via @chartdata

On December 2 local time, it was announced that BTS’s RM and Suga had debuted in the top 10 of Billboard’s Hot 100 Songwriters Chart.

This chart was first launched in June 2019 and is compiled through data gathered from the weekly Hot 100 charts and other genre-specific Billboard charts.

This is RM and Suga’s first-ever appearance on the Billboard Hot 100 Songwriters chart. Their debut on the chart ranked within the top 10, with RM at No. 3 and Suga at No. 9.

Source: Soompi@billboardcharts

RM is now ranked the highest Korean act on the Billboard Hot 100 Songwriters chart (No. 3).

December 3, 2020

RM is credited as one of the songwriters on Jin’s new solo song “Abyss”.

Abyss song’s credits list → BUMZU (BUMZU, Jin, RM, Pdogg).

“Thank you to our leader who wrote the chorus lyrics.” — Jin

Source: SoompiBTS Blog

December 4, 2020

Lee Seung Gi’s 7th regular album THE PROJECT, which will be released on December 10, 2020, will contain a remastered version of his 2011 song “The Song That Will Make You Smile” featuring BTS’s RM and J-Hope.

Source: Naver via @doolsetbangtan

Before the “new version” song out, let’s listen to the original song below! :fullofhearts:

December 20, 2018

Music & Lyrics: The Intricate Lyricism of Kim Namjoon

photo01-05.jpg

BTS’ RM is known for many things — being a talented rapper-songwriter, a charismatic leader, a multilingual genius, and for having an introspective personality. And while many appreciate not just Namjoon’s, but BTS’ lyrics as a whole, it’s not uncommon to see the beauty of his lyrics overlooked in the flurry of the excitement of a comeback, or from the general nuances lost from a Korean to English translation. Other than the songs that the rapper has put out as part of his solo albums, Namjoon has worked on multiple songs for BTS, as well as part of collaborations with numerous other artists. Over the years, as Namjoon has grown as an artist and strayed from the Hip Hop genre, he has shown some incredible lyricism in his discography.

1. Ddaeng

The first track that comes to mind is “Ddaeng”, an unofficial track created by him and the other BTS rappers, Suga and J-Hope, along with J. Pearl. In just one verse, Namjoon used the word “ddaeng” in 5 different ways, all of which brought about a different meaning.

Spoiler

The sound of the cashier collecting bills, ddaeng.

When I was younger, I liked playing freeze-tag, ddaeng.

I’m ding-dong, you’re ddaeng.

You’re a 7 keut*, I’m ddaeng.

Sleeping right after eating ramen, the face is ddaeng.

You losers, do your thang.

Look at me, I’m your errthang.

You’re dope? Cool? Damn ridiculous.

Even when he refers to “ddaeng” as an onomatopoeia, he uses it differently. In one instance, he uses it to explain the cashier’s sound, and in the other he uses it to explain that someone else is wrong, as “ddaeng” is the sound associated with striking a bell when someone is wrong (and “ding-dong” when someone is right).

In other lines, he refers to the Korean card-game of Seotda, where the “7 keut” refers to a poor combination of cards, and the following “ddaeng” refers to him having a better combination. Lastly, he calls his haters’ faces “ddaeng”, whereby the word comes from an expression used to describe round faces when one’s face swells up after falling asleep after eating ramyun. In the final line, Namjoon uses the sound of “ttaeng” to rhyme the entire verse, but not before playing with languages and using “thang”, the slang word for “thing”, to prove his point.

2. Trivia: Love

Another song in which Namjoon shows off his wordplay ability is “Trivia: Love”, his solo off the Love Yourself: Answer album.

Spoiler

I’m just a person, person, person. 

Your erode all my corners, 

and make me into love, love, love. 

We are people, people, people,

inside the myriad of straight lines (in a circle). 

My love, love, love, 

if I sit slightly on top of it, it becomes a heart. 

[…] 
I live so I love. 

(Live & love, live & love). 

[…]
You make I to an O. 

Because of you, 

I know why “person” and “love” sound the same. 

You make live to a love.

Once again, Namjoon interchanges between Korean and English to play on words. The Korean word for “person” is “사람”, and “사랑” for “love”. Visually, these characters have only one difference — the edges being rounded out. On the first listen, it may sound as though Namjoon is simply referring to someone who makes him want be a human capable of giving out more love. However, upon inspection of the hangul, it’s obvious to see that his lyrics run deeper.

He continues to use this imagery to transform this rounded character into a heart: “If I sit slightly on top of it, it becomes a heart”, which allows him to extend this wordplay to the English language. Using the heart to bring in the concept of love, he interchanges the letters “i” and “o” to further iterate his message.

3. Singularity

More than wordplay, the rapper-songwriter’s lyrics are usually rife with metaphors. The lyrics of V’s “Singularity”, written by Namjoon, are inextricably linked to the visual metaphor of a frozen lake and ice. There aren’t any complicated lyrics in the track, but Namjoon succinctly captured the emotions of a troubled relationship by comparing the persona to a winter lake. Ice is coldness, the absence of love. It’s the rigidity and frigidity of Earth, not conducive to life. By showing how the persona in the song willingly threw himself into the frozen lake to appease their supposed love interest, the lyricist managed to bring across the toxicity of the relationship without explicitly mentioning it to be so.

Spoiler

It’s ringing again, that sound. 

A crack is forming on this frozen lake. 

I threw myself into the lake. 

I buried my voice for you, 

as I was thrown over the winter lake. 

[…]
Above the winter lake in which I threw myself away, 

A thick ice has frozen over.

4. Moonchild, 4 O’Clock

In the recent months, Namjoon’s lyrics have shown an inclination to the idea of the moon and the sun.

In “Moonchild”, Namjoon wrote:

Spoiler

Can’t breathe in the sunlight, 

gotta hide your heart. 

[…]
Moonchild, you shine. 

When you rise, it’s your time. 

C’mon y’all, Moonchild, don’t cry.

And in “4 O’Clock”, he continues:

Spoiler

The sun suffocates me, 

and the world strips me naked. 

[…]
I can’t help it, there’s no other way. 

I collect my shattered self beneath the moonlight.

What’s interesting is that the Sun is usually associated with a great, cosmic energy. It represents new starts, the beginning of a day, light, and anything inherently positive. Namjoon, though, associates it with discomfort. Feeling too exposed and unsheltered, the daylight conversely brings Namjoon uneasiness and unrest. On the other hand, the moon is often linked to the dark side of nature: monsters in the dark, the supernatural, and a sense of spookiness. However, it’s also a symbol of enlightenment, introspection and reflection, which is how Namjoon interprets it. Instead of your usual takes on these common literary symbols, he finds his own meaning in them, which make his lyrics more personal and special.

Honestly, Namjoon’s discography has far too many songs for all of them to be discussed, especially as he’s been expanding his genres and lyrics, making his songs varied. It’s always refreshing to read his lyrics though. They bring a new perspective or bring up points you wouldn’t have otherwise noticed, and it’s a quiet, fun game to play every time he releases something. His affinity to speak and write well shows in his lyrics, and it’s always a pleasure to listen to what he puts out.

Written by Aastha (Seoulbeats) / @seoulbeats

On 11/19/2020 at 1:02 PM, bohmi said:

Harry Styles, Beyoncé and BTS’s RM Named “Power Dressers” of 2020 by Lyst

Harry, Beyoncé, and RM (real name Kim Namjoon) took the top three spots on the "Power Dresses" list

After Lyst, now GQ UK.

RM at No. 11 in British GQ’s most stylish men of 2020 list. Source: @vmxnlove

hP1IfmU.jpg

11. RM, Musician (New Entry)

“I love RM from BTS, as he is a really great guy and super into fashion. Everyone I know is kind of crazy about him.” — Kim Jones, Artistic Director, Dior Men’s

Now take a look at these 2 articles talking about RM’s style.

November 21, 2020

Is there anyone in the world of K-pop as supreme as Namjoon? There’s nothing hotter than the a guy who can dress up and possibly know the designer’s history, fabric material, and inspiration of the entire outfit.

Spoiler

cf188a58-50df-4942-a793-f984eb58f503_nam

With a staggering IQ of 148, there’s no doubt that Namjoon is with advantage when it comes to music and style.

Spoiler

d3bc3938-5f32-4bc9-8413-8b1e03ea6c94_nam

We love how giddy he is whenever he talks about artists, designers, and musicians he likes. If we could dress up with him and listen to his thoughts all day we would.

Spoiler

f2f1de8f-c532-402d-b6f5-cd15b579ac9c_nam

Source: Metro.Style

September 14, 2020

On top of leading the hit-making boy group BTS, Namjoon is a force in fashion. There’s no one quite like Namjoon and his deep appreciation of the arts.

Spoiler

9ca47639-0ac1-4088-98cf-b94421c13054_bts

In fact, he is very keen on incorporating art in music and his personal style. From abstracts, contemporary art, to street culture, you can bet that Namjoon has manifested all of them in his outfits.

Spoiler

d84012a3-3a57-465c-8a76-3881f6038ff4_bts

Just like his multi-faceted personality, his sense of style is hard to categorize but we always love an eccentric fashion killer!

Spoiler

ce930701-daf9-4c3c-9301-7472d2bb99b7_bts

Source: Metro.Style

December 15, 2017

BTS’ RM gets on Fall Out Boy remix

15212625.jpg

RM, leader and rapper of the boy band BTS, has collaborated with the American pop punk band Fall Out Boy for a remix of their song “Champion.”

“SURPRISE! New RM Champion remix out everywhere Friday at midnight,” Fall Out Boy wrote on its Twitter account on Thursday (local time), along with the hashtag “#RMxFallOutBoy.”

Formed in 2001, the Grammy-nominated band has released seven studio albums and won the Favorite Alternative Band Award at the American Music Awards in 2015.

Big Hit Entertainment, BTS’ management agency, also announced that RM, whose real name is Kim Nam-joon, will be featured in the remix of “Champion.”

The song was originally released as the second single off of the Fall Out Boy album “Mania” in June.

Source: Yonhap via KoreaJoongAngDaily

December 15, 2017

Update: Fall Out Boy Confirms Release Time For Collaboration With BTS’s RM

Updated December 15 KST:

Fall Out Boy has confirmed that their “Champion” remix featuring BTS’s RM is due out everywhere on Friday, December 15 at midnight!

So if it’s December 15 where you are, go check it out at your local online music store, and for others, listen to the preview below!

Original Article:

A collaboration between BTS’s RM and Fall Out Boy has got many fans excited, and the hashtag “RMxFallOutBoy” is trending worldwide on Twitter!

On December 15 KST, fans noticed a song on Spotify and iTunes by Fall Out Boy entitled “Champion (Remix)” that is noted to feature BTS’s RM. “Champion” is a song that Fall Out Boy released in June ahead of their upcoming album in 2018.

Some fans who live in a time zone where it is already December 15 have reported that they are able to listen to the track, leading many to believe that the song is officially due to be released in each time zone at midnight on December 15.

There have been no official reports yet about the collaboration, but fans are so excited that the hashtag “RMxFallOutBoy” is currently trending at No. 3 worldwide on Twitter. Source: Soompi

bts-rm-fall-out-boy-trending.png

December 14, 2017

BTS Rapper RM Drops a Verse in English on Fall Out Boy Collaboration -- Listen!

1280_rm_fall_out_boy.jpg?h=c673cd1c&itok

RM just delivered an incredible performance -- without even using his native tongue!

The BTS member teamed up with Fall Out Boy for a remix of "Champion," laying down two dope verses in English, with a fiery intensity befitting the song's battle cry-esque progression.

"Yo, should I be a star? Baby, I think I already are," the 23-year-old Korean rapper posits on the track. "Ain't gotta be somebody, be anybody, rather be anybody than live in a dead body."

RM turns it up to 11 in the song's closing verse, a passionate set of bars on living life to the fullest.

"What's wrong with the life of a passenger / If somebody gotta be then I'mma be the messenger," he raps. "I'm just too young don't know what to believe in / But too young, you know, not to be living."

Source: Entertainment Tonight / @etnow

RM X Fall Out Boy - “Champion (remix)”

RM of BTS lent his rap skills to the remix of US rock band Fall Out Boy’s hit “Champion” in 2017. In the power-driven song that projects positive messages about life, the rapper belts out in English, “Ain’t gotta be somebody, be anybody / Rather be anybody than live in a dead body.” RM later shared that his verses were about “people who became champions of people who couldn’t become champions.” (KPop Herald)

December 14, 2017

BTS RM to collab with Fall Out Boy

Article: BTS RM to work with world-renowned band Fall Out Boy

1. [+1,289, -18] RM daebak ♡

2. [+1,149, -14] BTS hard at work, amazing

3. [+1,048, -16] Wow daebak! Great to see them broadening their music spectrum

4. [+951, -16] Hul daebak, so proud

5. [+914, -16] Can't wait for what the future has in store! Always supporting you

6. [+226, -4] I've enjoyed listening to Fall Out Boy since I was a kid and never thought I'd see them collab with an artist from my own country. Great to hear this awesome news, and I hope that a lot of people will listen to this, not just BTS fans.

7. [+200, -3] It's still so cool to me that a Korean with no experience studying abroad or anything is featuring for an American's album ㅋㅋ let's soar high our BTS ♥

8. [+196, -4] I find RM's English rapping so cool

9. [+186, -4] BTS proud leader RM~~ always hard carrying

10. [+174, -3] Amazing of RM~~ BTS!!! ♡♡♡♡

Source: Netizen Buzz

December 26, 2017

Fall Out Boy & RM’s “Champion” Earns #18 On Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100

“Champion” debuts on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 following the release of a version with RM.

On December 15, Fall Out Boy released a new version of “Champion” featuring RM of K-pop group BTS.

Based on activity generated during its first full week in the market**, “Champion (featuring RM)” earns a spot on this week’s Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100.

“Champion” takes #18 on the listing, which lists the Top 25 songs that have yet to appear on the actual Hot 100.

Adhering to the same formula as the Hot 100, the Bubbling Under chart ranks songs based on combined activity from sales, streams and radio airplay.

Radio was a non-factor for “Champion” this week; its Bubbling Under position is attributable to sales and streams.

“Champion” fared particularly well from a sales standpoint, earning #23 on this week’s Billboard Digital Song Sales Chart.

**Editor’s Note: While the RM version generated the overwhelming majority of this week’s sales and streams, the chart position technically includes activity from the original version as well.

Source: Headline Planet / @headlineplanet

“Champion (remix)” on Billboard chart

• Rock Digital Song Sales #2 (re-entry). Source: Billboard
  • Bubbling Under Hot 100 #18 (new entry). Source: Billboard
  • Digital Song Sales #23 (new entry). Source: Billboard
  • Emerging Artists (RM) #46 (new entry). Source: Billboard

o2hxLUs.jpg

Spoiler

“Champion (remix)” on Melon chart

• No. 2 on overseas Rock/Metal music section (new entry). Source: @JiminBase

tdbMVxj.jpg

RM x Fall Out Boy - “Champion (remix)”

(12/15/2017) — Billboard praised the collaboration, saying the remix offers up a grittier, hip-hop vibe thanks to a mellow tonal shift and RM’s evocative raps about the hardships of life. Like the original, the remix contains an inspirational, empowering message -- something Fall Out Boy and BTS both often incorporate into their music. "I’m just too young don’t know what to believe in," RM says, "But too young, you know, not to be living."

(12/15/2017) — Bustle said the track keeps Fall Out Boy’s pop rock melodies intact, but weaves in some hip-hop flair with a guest verse from RM. It’s an unexpected pairing, but one that oddly makes sense.

(12/2017) — FUSE described the new sound as "going from rocking anthem to something of an electronic-pop burner."

(12/2017) — “Champion (remix)” received a score of 3.5/5 from IZE Korea Magazine. The song leaves a message.

Actress Kylie Rogers’s tweet,
Listen. To. This. #ChampionRemix #RM

Spoiler

Spoiler

RM x Fall Out Boy - “Champion (remix)”

Fall Out Boy’s album Mania (regular and deluxe edition) for the Japanese release has a remix of the song “Champion” featuring RM of BTS as a bonus track. The album was released on January 19, 2018. Source (1) (2)

In December 2017, Champion (remix) was featured in The Playlist: Black Thought Freestyles for 10 Minutes and More New Songs by The New York Times. Source: Nytimes

Champion (remix) was also featured in the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics playlists by Gangwon-do newspaper. The lyrics reflect Olympic athletes hard work. Source: Kado via @BTSARMY_Salon

VMBoDPY.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler