[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

June 1, 2021

TXT Talks About Their New Album, BTS’s RM’s Participation In Title Track, And Representing The Current Generation

On May 31, TXT held an online showcase for their new album “The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE.”

During the showcase, the group talked about first impressions of the album, the songwriters who participated in its production, and their status as representatives of the current generation.

About their new title track, “0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You),” Soobin said, “Bang Si Hyuk PD had trouble with the lyrics for about three weeks before he asked RM for help. [RM] also helped with the title.”

Soompi

May 31, 2021

TXT starts on new journey with “The Chaos Chapter: Freeze”

The quintet returns all set and ready, guaranteed by Bang Si-hyuk and supported by BTS’ RM.

[ ... ]  Supporting the comeback of his fellow singers of agency BigHit Music, global sensation RM took part in writing of the song. BigHit Music is affiliated with the Hybe Label, the management arm of the music and platform company Hybe.

“Struggling for three weeks over the lyrics, producer Bang asked RM for help if he wanted to, and thankfully, he did,” Soobin said, adding the title was also decided in part by the BTS member.

“We were choosing between two versions for the title, and it was RM who said ‘0X1=LOVESONG’ seemed to better suit the song, and that’s how the final name was decided,” he said.

The Korea Herald

“The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE” Press Conference Live Streaming

MTV Australia

Soobin said Bang PD was struggling with the lyrics and asked RM to take a look so that’s how he came to contribute. They were unsure of what song would become a title track and RM was the one who voted in favour of ‘0X1=LOVESONG’.

Hueningkai said he ran into RM in the Hybe building and thanked him for contributing lyrics to their title track, and he thanks him again now.

Kpop Herald

Soobin: “Struggling 3 weeks over the lyrics, producer Bang asked RM for help, and gratefully, he did. Also, we had two versions for the title, and it was RM who said ‘0X1=LOVESONG’ seemed to better suit the song, and that’s how the final name was decided.”

Writer Crystal Bell

Soobin on RM’s contributions to the lyrics: It started because their producer was stuck and asked RM for help. RM also gave his valuable opinion on which title track to choose. It was Bang PD vs RM, and “RM won” lol.

BuzzFeed K-pop

Soobin says producer Bang Si-hyuk had been stuck writing the lyrics for ‘0X1=LOVESONG’ and asked RM for help, and he happily agreed.

Hueningkai says he ran into RM in the company building and thanked him, and RM told him to sing it well.

CZEuMMs.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, bohmi said:

Hueningkai said he ran into RM in the Hybe building and thanked him for contributing lyrics to their title track, and he thanks him again now.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, bohmi said:

Hueningkai says he ran into RM in the company building and thanked him, and RM told him to sing it well.

^ The Video

Hueningkai : Thank you for writing the song..
RM : Ah no..  :relaxed:  Please sing it in a cool/amazing way.

Spoiler

Source (1) (2)

^ Fan Art — Hueningkai X RM :fullofhearts:

E2ssxlwVgAA11Fz?format=png&name=900x900

© bymanu1030

• Like 1

May 10, 2021

Baepsae (Silver Spoon) got referenced in Harvard Law Review’s Notes

The Harvard Law Review is a student-run organization whose primary purpose is to publish a journal of legal scholarship. [read more]

In a recent publication, they referenced a footnote (177) surrounding BTS, Baepsae and the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. constitution.

cf. BTS, Baepsae, on THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MOMENT IN LIFE PT. 2 (Big Hit Ent. 2015) (emphasizing, albeit in a different context, that society often refuses to change — and even perpetuates — inherently unbalanced social structures and yet blames those disadvantaged for not being able to keep up).

And RM is one of 4 people credited on the song. [Pdogg, Supreme Boi, RM, Slow Rabbit]

Source (1) (2) (3)

May 29, 2021

Joon Lee, staff writer ESPN talked about BTS and he mentioned RM

“...I would say that the main rapper, RM, he’s written lyrics that have an incredible amount of depth, and their album MOTS:7 is based on the thesis of Carl Jung’s psychology...”

Me: so happy when someone appreciates RM lyricism and his music as well.. :bawling:

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1

June 2, 2021

#2021BTSFESTA

602 OPENING CEREMONY

BTS 8TH ANNIVERSARY FAMILY PORTRAIT #1

:heart:

E2zd2rKVkAI9wQA?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

nqIorKp.jpg

More photos / Source → (1) (2) (3) (4)

BTS 8TH ANNIVERSARY FAMILY PORTRAIT #2

:kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

zc47vKp.jpg

Spoiler

Ji3Ttke.jpg

More photos / Source → (1) (2) (3)

Love this video :mrgreen:

© anelderlymeme

JungKook went across “the whole damn stage” :lol: to give RM back hug :thumbsup:

Source (1) (2)

BTS by Kildren Official

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

• bohmi changed the title to [THE OFFICIAL] BTS RM | Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread - ‘Bicycle’ new song by RM out now :) ❤

June 7, 2021

Bicycle by RM

Produced, written and arranged by RM, John Eun.

Mix Engineer - 정우영 @ HYBE Studio

Mastering Engineer - Chris Gehringer @ Sterling Sound
Cover Artwork - Sungsic Moon

:heart:

Listen: BTS’s RM Drops New Self-Composed Song “Bicycle”

BTS’s RM has shared an emotional new solo song!

As part of the ongoing 2021 BTS Festa—the group’s yearly celebration of the anniversary of their debut—RM has released a brand-new track entitled “Bicycle,” which he personally composed and arranged together with John Eun.

Explaining what had inspired the song, which marks his first solo release since “mono.” in 2018, RM wrote,

I’d always wanted to write a song about bicycles.

It’s already been 3 years since the release of “mono.” and I got tired of preparing the next series :ph34r:B) without any definitive promises, so I decided to use Festa as a good excuse (!) to make a bicycle song and release it !

After many twists and turns,
in February and March, I rode my bike like crazy here and there, and finished by putting melodies and lyrics over Heeyoung hyung’s guitar playing.
I really made the song while riding my bike.
I hummed the song so much, I can’t even remember how many times I hummed..

I personally met and asked artist Moon Sungsic, who I have always admired, to do the cover artwork. I think the artwork came out really well in the artist’s usual drawing style.
I’m really thankful to Heeyoung hyung and artist Moon Sungsic for joining me in this slightly foolhardy/reckless decision !

My heart always flutters when I ride a bicycle, but whenever I place my two feet on the pedals, I also always feel a bit sad. :( Maybe it’s because there are many things I miss… I, too, don’t quite know the reason.

Perhaps it’s because I don’t have a driver’s license yet, so I’ve never driven a car before. :( At any rate, for me, [riding a bicycle] is the rare time when I feel most physically free. I wanted to transfer that hazy scenery, which always remained out of reach as I rode my bicycle ever since my trainee days, to a song. Those sad but exciting, slightly cold but also warm feelings.

I hope that this song will remain on all of your playlists for a long time and become your bicycle song. If you think of it and listen to it as a small gift, I will be so happy that I could ask for nothing more.

Everyday is a good day.
If you’re sad, let’s ride a bike !
I will always do the same.

— Namjoon

© Bora, Soompi / Source (1) (2) (3)

Spoiler

AcFKugX.jpg

John Eun (Heeyoung) IG Update

The feeling of making music is always exciting.
But the feeling of making music with someone who makes you feel that you are profoundly connected is something that is hard to come by.
I feel extremely lucky and blessed to make music with a friend that I resonate both musically and personally.
Thank you RM for your friendship and for always keeping me motivated to be a better musician/human. I couldn’t have asked for a better mate.

- 희영

Spoiler

ou3D9wG.jpg

John Eun’s post also liked and commented by eAeon :)

elcPe38.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Artist Moon Sungsic IG Update

I worked on the cover artwork for BTS RM’s single “Bicycle” which was released earlier (at midnight)!! Thank you so much for liking it ^^

Spoiler

Jp0tC2Z.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

June 7, 2021

“Bicycle” by RM

Debuts at #5 on the R&B chart on Genius!

#GeniusCharts | “Bicycle” by RM of BTS debuts at #5 on the R&B chart on Genius and is also currently trending at #87 on the All-Genre chart after 3 hours of release!

E3N-AG_UcAA2N3q?format=jpg&name=large

Debuts at #1 on K-R&B chart in Genius Korea!

#GeniusCharts | “Bicycle” by RM of BTS debuts at #1 on K-R&B chart in Genius Korea! It is currently trending at #1 on the R&B chart and #5 on the All-Genre chart on Genius!

E3SamMnVgAIAm0V?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

E3SamMtUYAAemFy?format=jpg&name=large

The amazingly talented and acclaimed, coloratura soprano Sumi Jo shared her love for RM’s “Bicycle” via Twitter and Instagram.

“I’m completely in love with this song.”

pzCsJS0.jpg

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Source (1) (2) | (1) (2)

June 10, 2021

“Bicycle” by RM

Debuts at #1 in the “TOP 50 All Music Genres” chart on SoundCloud.

0iF7RC2.jpg

Debuts at #1 in the “New & Hot All Music Genres” chart on SoundCloud.

97TFzMt.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

The world celebrating the release of ‘Bicycle’ :fullofhearts:

j22pHGZ.jpg

Picture via Joonsbase.

Rolling StoneNME, Billboard (1) (2), The Korea TimesCNN IndonesiaBolly HungamaABS-CBN NewsPortal TracklistGMA NewsBombay TimesYonhap NewsAffinity Magazine

Rolling Stone

Spoiler

June 6, 2021

Hear BTS Member RM’s New Solo Song ‘Bicycle’

Surprise single released as part of annual BTS Festa celebration

BTS member RM marked the 2021 BTS Festa — the annual celebration tied to the anniversary of the group’s debut release — with a new solo song titled “Bicycle.”

The two-week event had scheduled something mysteriously called “Bicycle” for June 7th, leading to speculation that a new song could be on the way. When Monday arrived in South Korea, BTS’ social media revealed the track, which was “produced, written and arranged” by RM alongside John Eun.

Source: Rolling Stone

Yonhap News

Spoiler

June 7, 2021

RM of BTS unveils self-written solo song 'Bicycle'

RM, the leader of global dynamo BTS, has released a self-written solo song based on his experience of riding his bike across the South Korean capital.

The 3 minute and 23 second song, uploaded on YouTube and SoundCloud, is a relaxed and comforting track in which RM raps and sings in Korean and English.

RM, who has taken part in the songwriting for the seven-piece act's songs, including their latest hit "Butter," worked on his solo song with jazz singer-songwriter John Eun.

In a post updated on the band's blog, RM wrote he has always wanted to write a song about bicycles, adding that he "literally wrote the lyrics while riding (his) bicycle."

"I always feel excited about riding the bicycle. At the same time, I somehow feel sad when I put my feet on the pedal. Maybe that's because there are lots of things I miss," he wrote.

"Nonetheless, it is one of those rare moments when I feel physically free. I wanted to depict the cloudy moments I had gone through while riding a bike since I was a trainee, into a song."

"Bicycle" is RM's first solo project since his mixtape "mono." released in October 2018. The album reached No. 26 on the Billboard 200, which was then the highest ranking for a K-pop soloist. (Yonhap)

Source: Yonhap News

Korea JoongAng Daily

Spoiler

June 7, 2021

BTS’s RM unexpectedly drops new solo track ‘Bicycle’

BTS leader RM surprised fans with the release of his solo track “Bicycle” on Monday, three years after his last solo work “mono.”

“I have always wanted to make a song about a bicycle,” said the rapper on BTS’s official blog. “I was a bit tired from preparing for the next series, the release date of which hasn’t been confirmed, and then I found a good excuse that Festa (BTS’s fan event) is coming up, so I made a new song and released it.”

Festa is the band’s annual celebration to commemorate its debut on June 13, 2013.

RM continued that he spent a lot of time riding a bicycle in February and March. He put together the lyrics as he was cycling.

“When I put my two feet on the pedals, I always get a little sad,” said RM. “Maybe that’s because I have a lot of things I miss. [When I ride a bicycle] that’s when I think I’m the most free physically, which rarely happens.”

Source: Korea JoongAng Daily

Koreadispatch

Spoiler

June 7, 2021

BTS RM, releases self-composed song ‘Bicycle’…“Song I made while riding a bicycle”

BTS member RM released his own song to commemorate the 8th anniversary of his debut.

‘Bicycle’ is an emotional song that puts RM’s song and rap on the acoustic guitar sound.

“I’m always excited to ride a bike, but when I put my feet on the pedals, I always feel a little sad. I wanted to translate the blurry landscapes that I had always thought of while riding a bike as a trainee into a song” RM explained.

“Hopefully this song will stay on your playlist for a long time and become your bike song. If you listen to it like a small gift and accept it, I will be more than happy” mentioned RM.

Source: Koreadispatch

More:dorashakes:

za5RAyz.jpg

PMgx1sg.jpg

Edit by me.

BillboardThe Korea HeraldElite DailyEntertainment WeeklyET bil ArabiConsequenceAudacy965TDYTn La ViolaThe National NewsThe StarKompas TVDaily TribuneGeo NewsDaily Times;

MTV BrasilPOPlineTodateen, Telehit Musica (1) (2), Alfa 91.3 FMLOS40 Chile, LOS40 Argentina (1) (2) (3), Bandwagon AsiaNacao Da MusicaElle Girl Russia, Independent Turkish (1) (2) (3) (4), Sarkul Avsat TurkishLuna Maya, 1067KMX (1) (2), Billboard JapanSoompi, Stereoboard, Bollywood LifeIndia.comTimes of IndiaKoreadispatchLOS40OkdiarioKBS WORLD Radio German

“Bicycle” by RM  :eats:

June 7, 2021

“Bicycle” sounds like a sunshine ride along a gravel road, with the energetic crunch of the 808s propelling along a languid piano and acoustic guitar. RM’s voice weaves gracefully down the acoustic path, singing lyrics that seek to convince a friend to hop on their bike and leave their sadness in the dust, via Genius.

Consequence.net

June 6, 2021

RM croons in his raspy low baritone as he reminisces the moments and emotions he feels while riding a bicycle. "I wanna keep the bass down low / My heart/mind is already in weekend mode / I don't see no open cars, no open bars / It's not bad, being all alone on this road / People's hearts floating like islands / A night that somehow just may not come / I walk along and cycle along the horizon / To that vanishing point we decided upon," the eloquent and soulful verse takes you through the rollercoaster of emotions of RM. The weekend mode with a lesser crowd, soaking in the silence on the streets, the tingling sensation of hoping this day never comes to end, and cycling along until the sunset.

"If we’re sad, let’s ride our bicycles / Let’s place the wind underneath our two feet / Oh, let’s ride our bicycles / With our two arms stretched out in freedom," RM dedicates this song to ARMY while confessing about the freeing emotion he feels during his rides. RM talks about the liberating feeling while he is in nature as he rides his bicycle. This helps him cope up with trying times and he hopes it does the same to the fans around the world. The indescribable emotion of feeling the breeze that gives him the wings as no one sees him as RM of BTS. At that moment, he is just a man in his 20s named Namjoon finding solace in nature while riding his bicycle and healing.

RM's way with words can't be described in words. He is insightful, thoughtful, and comforting when it comes to music. The soulful lyrics of 'Bicycle' truly is a testament to RM's music which has so much depth.

Bollywood Hungama

June 7, 2021

The group's leader Kim Namjoon, who goes by the stage name RM, dropped a pensive new solo song that is exactly what you need to hear amid this lingering global crisis.

The three-and-a-half-minute track's nostalgic but refreshing sound layered with RM's husky and soothing vocals perfectly encapsulates the feelings of loss the COVID-19 pandemic inflicted while providing a wave of comfort and solace.

ABS-CBN News

June 7, 2021

Written by the singer and rapper with veteran South Korean artist John Eun, the track is a breezy affair.

Over tasteful guitars and piano, RM uses the two-wheeler as a metaphor for life.

"Sometimes just let it roll, like the wheels of a bicycle," he sings.

"When you're sad, let's ride a bicycle. Let's put the wind beneath our feet."

The National News

June 8, 2021

#2021BTSFESTA

:heartxoxo:     BTS Photo Collection 20/21:heartxoxo:

E3ShZm6XoAgoCuu?format=jpg&name=large

© namuclover

More photos / Source → (1) (2) (3)

:dorashakes:BTS ROOM LIVE Preview Cut:dorashakes:

e3KqLtI.jpg

Spoiler

dEZOzuu.jpeg

Source (1) (2)

2021 FESTA Dday Calendar (D-3):dorashakes:

srFu9OS.jpg

June 9, 2021

Interview: Songwriter Jenna Andrews Talks About Co-Writing & Vocal Producing BTS’ “Butter”

Q. What was collaborating with BTS’ group leader/executive producer RM like?

RM really doesn’t get enough credit for his world-class executive production talent. (agree :() Many who aren’t ARMY tend to forget or don’t know, that on top of being an artist and performer, he’s been behind the scenes helming the sound of the biggest group in the world. A role that many across the world get cushy salaries for without the heavy burden of an artist schedule.

Every musical decision he makes, most of which we probably won’t ever know about, impacts music and pop culture at the highest levels. His ability to bring out the best in all his group members on every song, and his work across language barriers, cultures, and a whirlwind of new collaborators takes a superhuman level of professionalism and talent. He’s so humble when speaking on his contributions too.

As an artist, the character in his voice is incredible with such an identifiable tone. That kind of talent would make any vocal producer very happy. From the songwriting perspective, BTS is a seven-member group with both rappers and vocalists, so many demos that are pitched aren’t really finished until the rap sections fit perfectly with BTS’ vision.

RM’s lyrics and arrangements really built on what we had hoped for with the demo, both in theme and in their performance. It was their idea to put the outro rap at the end which was one of the many cherry-on-top moments that made a world of a difference on the final product. BTS made “Butter” everything I thought it could be when I first heard Stephen’s melody and more.

:cutekitty::Megathanks:

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

June 9, 2021

Clash Magazine — BTS: Their 17 Best Songs (So Far)

'Trivia 承: Love'

Showing the sensitive and romantic side of BTS' sound is 'Trivia 承: Love', a track by solely RM on compilation album 'Love Yourself: Answer'.

The production of this track is nothing less than stunning, with the brass instruments in the outro especially adding extra drops of soul and passion. The combination of the piano and harmonised vocals at the start triggers nostalgia of a new romance, something that will bring back bright and hopeful memories for most. 'Trivia 承: Love' allows space for RM to showcase his individual talents, that are a staple within the group.

As RM is known predominately for his rapping it's special to hear the smooth and buttery harmonies that are in "Trivia 承: Love". The production and layering of the vocals are out of this world, especially when you remember that it's just RM not the whole group. In general, the track so perfectly embodies the feeling of being in love, the excitement, the pondering, and the butterflies in your stomach.

(Simone Barton)

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Hueningkai thanked RM again for writing lyrics for TXT’s title track ‘0X1=Lovesong’

June 8, 2021

The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE album review

Above all else, RM of BTS took part in writing the lyrics for this song! I want to tell him that we’re so thankful.

Source (1) (2)

June 11, 2021

The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE comeback interview

[ ... ]  But most importantly, RM wrote these great lyrics. As soon as I saw them, I thought, Wow, this is amazing—how did he write this? I said to him, “Thank you for writing those lyrics!” And he said, “Make sure you make it sound cool,” so I really want to.

In this interview, Hueningkai also mentioned about RM’s rap style.

[ ... ]  For rapping, especially, I looked at other people’s raps for reference. For example, I copied YEONJUN’s voice and style for the rap part in the lead single. YEONJUN heard it and told me it’d sound better if I did it more sharply, so I did it that way and it really helped. For the “oh we” part at the end of the rap I watched RM rapping and did it a little heavy, like, “oh weigh!”

Source: Weverse Magazine

June 11, 2021

TXT VLive (TXT win 1st place with 0X1=LOVESONG on Music Bank)

Taehyun’s comment: “Thank you so so much to Seori, Slow Rabbit, Bang PD, RM and Modsun”

Whoa :o it’s their first ever win on Music Bank. Congrats :)

© TXT Translations

June 11, 2021

#2021BTSFESTA  'BTS ROOM LIVE' On Air

“Look Here”  :partyblob:

“Save Me”  :partyblob:

“Ugh!”  :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Spoiler

Watch the full video here / Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

There’s a trending post on Pann about RM’s verse in Look Here especially the 우쭈쭈 jjujju part.

She (knetizen) got attacked by RM’s verse and ended up being a fan. :mrgreen::kiss_wink:

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

On June 9, South Korea’s former prime minister Lee Nak Yeon appeared on tvN’s retro music talk show “Kwak Cine LP Bar”. He chose BTS song “Answer : Love Myself” as one of his favorite songs. He knew the song from RM’s speech at UN General Assembly and said BTS was a great help in terms of diplomacy.

Source (1) (2) (3)

On the June 9 broadcast of ENHYPEN’s reality show “EN-O’CLOCK” EP.1, Jungwon revealed that he watered every month the cactus that RM gave him and he named them Injang & Garden.

eN2QoA1.jpg

Watch the video here

Son Sung Deuk, Lee Hyun, Pdogg reaction to BTS “Butter” MV

Pdogg comments, “Namjoonie looks really cool here” :mrgreen:

Later he also said, “RM goes so well with clothes like this” :lol:

Pdogg also mentioned that RM helped out with the English rap directing for Butter. :thumbsup:

Watch the full video here

June 14, 2021

#GeniusCharts 2021 Mid-Year Genius Korea Chart | Top K-R&B

1. Fever - ENHYPEN
2. Don’t - eAeon (feat. RM)  :wub::thumbsup:
3. Bambi - Baekhyun
4. Pillows - eaJ, keshi
5. Nerves - DPR IAN
6. Switch It Up - JAY B (feat. sokodomo)
7. Amusement Park - Baekhyun
8. Advice - Taemin
9. Coin - IU
10. Dark Clouds - Taeyong

June 9, 2021

Buntone restaurant in Jeddah played eAeon & RM’s song “Don’t”

Spoiler

The restaurant also played another RM’s song “Bicycle”

Spoiler

Source (1) (2)