[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

1 hour ago, Heedong said:

@orion00 my thoughts too, I'm like checking every hour 

Maybe the translator is still shocked about the enlistment news

Have you see KDW's ad? Just wow... sexy!

@inaho101 I was re-reading and I missed what you said regarding viki comments earlier! That's good to hear that most of the viewers were satisfied, meanwhile the asianwiki page of MRIAG are full of hate comments :vicx:

So I checked out Asianwiki out of curiosity, and you're right. Its half half I guess. But I took away the positive comments, loved how someone rated this the best along with you who came from the stars and crash landing on you. After all, those 2 productions were global phenomenons. Also, how this is one of those dramas you not only love, but could also rewatch it! For those who said they could not see the chemistry between our 2 leads, I'm like EXCUSE me, reallllly?? That was the biggest hype! :omg:

39 minutes ago, Archey said:

I can't stand negativity.  why there is a need to hate others so much.  no one forcing these people to watch MRIAG or if you are not a fan of Hyeri, no need to go to her show or youtube and saying nasty stuff.  some people forgot that celebrities are human too with feelings.  I am not a fan of many celebrities but I don't feel the need to put them down.  so frustrating.

Agreed as well. Lucky these comments are in English and many a time, do not actually reach the production team or actors themselves. But I can imagine there'd be the same situation with knetizens. I remember reading really bad reviews after ep 1, stiff JKY and Hyeri reenacting Deok-Sun. It even put me off watching it at first (lucky I quickly decided to check it out after all that hype about their chemistry!). It's fine to be constructive, but no need to attack these people, after all the drama is a product of their time, effort and hard work.

I just realised the webtoon only finished in November 2020. This means when they began filming, the script probably wasn't finished yet! For those who read the webtoon, I think @inaho101 and @orion00, can I ask if the last episode- how SWY became human, true to the webtoon? (Esp with that awkward but beautifully filmed car accident? Lol)

• Like 3

@YuSanSeul I was surprised too that there are comments saying the lack of chemistry between Hyeri and JKY when in fact, we are over the moon squealing and gushing over them. When it comes their acting, I think our couple did a great job. After all, they were portraying what their characters are really are. I somehow feel bad for others who didn't watch this drama.

I read that there are some bonus parts on the webtoon like Eoreushin proposing to Dam, is that true?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

@YuSanSeul if I'm not mistaken reading from webtoon spoilers, SWY transformed to human after Lee Dam saying she love him and something about true love/kiss. Maybe @inaho101 can confirm this. 

When I saw the MRIAG clips at tvn (I have subscription) I don't really feel want to watch this drama because I don't really know the actor and actress. But I accidentally watch the tv rerun and get hooked. At the early episodes, I even don't like Sung Kyung because she looked a bit old as 22 years students. I still leave that comment in this thread :sweatingbullets:

But after progressing to episode 2-3, this drama is truly a gem!! So most of the haters either don't really watch it or they don't like Hyeri or Ki Yong match each other (due to personal preference). Some of nasty comments I read they don't like Hyeri do rom-com. And Ki Yong because he is handsome oppa and they want better FL. It's just a biased comment because they didn't appreciate the drama. Another reason the storyline is predictable (many knows what is the ending/no speculation etc) which many don't find it interesting. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@orion00 as for me, I really liked the drama after watching episode 1, then what made me realize that this drama will get me hooked was after episode 4. I initially didn't have high expectations with this drama since the plot is simple, but as it progresses, I was totally whipped! And to be honest I actually don't like watching ongoing dramas, but MRIAG made me do it. Not to mention of course, the chemistry of them off-cam was just one of the many reasons I fell inlove with this drama. :wub:

Sookyung really looks mature than her age, but she was very pretty here unlike her roles in Goblin and TYH.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, Heedong said:

Sookyung really looks mature than her age, but she was very pretty here unlike her roles in Goblin and TYH.

This is also explained in the last episode  where Seok sunbae mistaken her as 40 years old professor.. lol

Yes she is prettier when the episode progressed I guess the make up artist do their job very well. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

@orion00 @Heedong As for me, the first attraction is the trailer, though it won't necessarily makes me to watch the drama, for MRIAG case, the trailer looked attractive to me and I want to see other side of Kiyong since I know him through his dark dramas and since I didn't pay attention on WWW at that time.

I'm not the patient viewer, if I don't know the actor or just know him a little bit, the introduction of the drama must make me hooked, either the background music, the actor or the first few minutes of the plot for Episode 1. And MRIAG did it. The first appearance of kiyong made me decided to continue watching this drama but I only watched continuously after episode 4 or 5 since actually, I preferred to watch the drama after it ends, but same with you chingus, I can't wait for too long, hihi..

• Where's My Oppa? 1

Has anyone else seen Jankiyon's IG post on JKY's enlistment? It's hilarious with the 2 boys and that song choice. So apt but yet so true! Legit what all the fans are feeling now.:byebye2:

And it seems Hanna updated her IG with a post of her looking like her goddess self in her role from MRIaG. Hopefully she's filming a new CF? She was so brilliant as Hye Sun, definitely deserves one!

• Blob 3

@syahirannsyakirann when they played the ost Door at the time WY had to teleport and rescued Dam from the guy at the bar, other viewers might find it cliche but not me haha. Also, I like how they filmed the scene when Dam accidentally swallowed the marble. That slow motion or freezing style yet their eyes are beautifully shot.

@YuSanSeul yep! I finished that web drama and was laughing at the part when they were singing haha can't imagine he is this calm and exquisite Eoreushin that we know now

Even Dowan! He definitely looks hot in his new CF. Our sunjeans getting endorsements :wub: and did you notice they both posted the same story about the hot weather?

@realistic2280a wow! Can't believe they still manage to be on top 10! :bawling:

• Blob 3

@Heedong Me too! I know it's cliche but I can still watch many times, haha..owh, and the swallowing marble scene, the slow motion was beautifully shot and it's one of the reason I decided to continue watching it!

@YuSanSeul Hihi, I've seen it, kiyong fans have portrayed their feelings through various hilarious or sad postings since yesterday, hihi.. especially using MRIAG scenes which we can relate so much with his enlistment.

• Blob 3

1 hour ago, syahirannsyakirann said:

Hihi, I've seen it, kiyong fans have portrayed their feelings through various hilarious or sad postings since yesterday, hihi.. especially using MRIAG scenes which we can relate so much with his enlistment.

It's really funny many of the fans called him Euroshin and mentioned that he already in an army long time ago so no need to to military service anymore. And some of them saying he will be fine because he already has many experience..hahahaha

Glad to know JKY get more recognition from MRIAG and many fans wish him well. 

I have seen the latest buzzworthy drama actors and both Hyeri and Ki Yong no longer in the list. Not sure if the buzzworthy only count the current/running drama. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Heedong said:

@syahirannsyakirann when they played the ost Door at the time WY had to teleport and rescued Dam from the guy at the bar, other viewers might find it cliche but not me haha. Also, I like how they filmed the scene when Dam accidentally swallowed the marble. That slow motion or freezing style yet their eyes are beautifully shot.

@YuSanSeul yep! I finished that web drama and was laughing at the part when they were singing haha can't imagine he is this calm and exquisite Eoreushin that we know now

Even Dowan! He definitely looks hot in his new CF. Our sunjeans getting endorsements :wub: and did you notice they both posted the same story about the hot weather?

@realistic2280a 

Me too, loved the cinematography when they first met and she swallowed the bead. But I'll also think of the BTS where she hit him hard, and loud too. Haha. Was that the period they claimed they were still awkward with each other? Coz I could not sense it. Lol

Although I felt the 2nd bead swallowing which led to their kiss in ep 11 a bit forced/hilarious. Like Dam first said to him after their initial encounter "do you not excercise, have you no muscles?" How could be so easy for the marble to be purged out? :sweatingbullets:

They posted the same story?! Haha what are the chances my friends, after all our shipping, that the REAL couple to come out of this drama will be them? Its often the case isn't it? 2nd leads, or main lead with 2nd lead. Hahaha

5 hours ago, orion00 said:

It's really funny many of the fans called him Euroshin and mentioned that he already in an army long time ago so no need to to military service anymore. And some of them saying he will be fine because he already has many experience..hahahaha

Glad to know JKY get more recognition from MRIAG and many fans wish him well. 

I have seen the latest buzzworthy drama actors and both Hyeri and Ki Yong no longer in the list. Not sure if the buzzworthy only count the current/running drama. 

Hahaha some fans are so witty! I'm sure even JKY himself must be wishing it was true that he's already served in the military back in the joseon period, or was it the japanese occupation? :joy:

NoOOoo, surely they are still buzzworthy. What list is the RACOI then, @realistic2280a?

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

12 minutes ago, YuSanSeul said:

They posted the same story?! Haha what are the chances my friends, after all our shipping, that the REAL couple to come out of this drama will be them? Its often the case isn't it? 2nd leads, or main lead with 2nd lead. Hahaha

Oh my there is a possibility! We were so busy shipping FoxDam instead of SunJeans, when in fact, the latter has higher chances of dating in real life since they're both single :joy:

They even took a photobooth souvenir that night when they filmed the first encounter, and Hyeri scolding JKY for almost stealing the center spot. Yes it doesn't seem that they were awkward back then haha

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

@YuSanSeul @Heedong not sure if Kang Ha Na interested because she is the oldest in the group right? And Kim Do Wan still staying with his parents if I'm not mistaken.. hehehe

Kang Hanna is 32 and Do Wan is 26 I think (because he is one year younger than Hyeri). Kang Hanna is an elegent mature lady and Kim Do Wan still much looking as young man :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@orion00 also I think Hanna dated a chinese actor before. That's why in one of the IQIYI promotions, she was somehow familiar with the chinese language. Other times, I forgot Hanna is already 30 plus of age haha but yeah Dowan has a long way to go :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

NoOOoo, surely they are still buzzworthy. What list is the RACOI then, @realistic2280a?

Haha.. its from a different company listing (https://www.soompi.com/article/1480992wpp/hospital-playlist-2-ranked-no-1-buzzworthy-drama-for-5th-consecutive-week-the-devil-judge-cast-sweeps-actor-ranking)

....its like tv ratings, there's Nielsen and then there's TNmS... and nationwide (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kdramapal.com/korean-drama-ratings-explained-hotel-del-luna-got-10-which-means/amp/)

Sigh... Kiyong ah.. could have you have updated a different picture in your IG... u make our hearts break... hahaa.. :lol:

• Sad 2

They got it so fast :open_mouth:

@realistic2280a we'll be okay chingu! I think its because the actress posted it first so he had to do it as well. They are having early promotions because of his enlistment.

At least JKY doesn't seem so much as a player since there was a photo of him with a cat between his posts with Hyeri and SHK haha

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Heedong said:

They got it so fast :open_mouth:

@realistic2280a we'll be okay chingu! I think its because the actress posted it first so he had to do it as well. They are having early promotions because of his enlistment.

At least JKY doesn't seem so much as a player since there was a photo of him with a cat between his posts with Hyeri and SHK haha

I saw these too, I can’t wait for mine to come in the mail and share it with you guys!

also for those people who says I don’t see the chemistry, they are either blind or just can’t relate. The reason why I even watched MRIAG was the release of the 1stlook editorial/photo shoot. When I saw that, my first impression was they look good together then I found out the have a drama together so I kept that in mind as part of my watch list but it slip my mind since I was watching a different drama, then the articles of them being to cozy and being up close surged and I watched the clip and ended up watching the preview and I was like omo! Omo! And I’m a goner after that ahahhahaha

as for the pic, meh! Lol I think he just followed what SHK did to promote the drama and honestly he didn’t even made a mistake compared to his other posts where he kept changing them ahahhaha I still think hyeri had something to do with that, with her jajangna?! Face just like in amazing Saturday where she got mad at him for not listening to her and he was seriously apologetic about it lol

i feel like hyeri has Kiyong wrap around her tiny little finger because he just turns into a puppy around her. Just watching all their clips just warms my heart and seriously makes me realize how very single I am lol

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3