[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

@Archey @orion00 Hyeri is really the type of "what you see is what you get" person. She's very transparent even in her vlogs, she doesn't act the usual demure which I really love about her. 

Gabe is so helpful with the english translation, Cosmo Korea can't relate. Very excited on Hyeri's next interview from Esquire :heart:

Found an english sub for JKY's lancome @orion00

• Blob 3

34 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Ki Yong enlistment is now confirmed!

they just posted it on allkpop too

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/07/actor-jang-ki-yong-to-enlist-this-august

huhuhuhuh…. This is probably why we don’t get to see him in any magazine cover or interviews because he is finishing up with his drama and his enlistment is getting so close. he is pretty much just wrapping up all his commitments before he enlist. 

here too

https://www.soompi.com/article/1480832wpp/jang-ki-yongs-agency-confirms-his-military-enlistment-date

• Sad 3

Finally they released the news about his enlistment date. So this means he only filmed his new drama in less than 5 months. He won't be able to participate in promoting it just like PBG last year. I'm glad he was able to accept and worked on MRIAG and NWABU instead of enlisting early. 

We'll be seeing military photos of Eoreushin soon :wub:

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

7 minutes ago, Heedong said:

Finally they released the news about his enlistment date. So this means he only filmed his new drama in less than 5 months. He won't be able to participate in promoting it just like PBG last year. I'm glad he was able to accept and worked on MRIAG and NWABU instead of enlisting early. 

We'll be seeing military photos of Eoreushin soon :wub:

20 minutes ago, syahirannsyakirann said:

News of kiyong's enlistment are everywhere, I've no other words, just come back healthily and handsomely. He has been working hard lately, and joining MS will be good time for enhancing his self development. He's already good but he will be on his best after the service. 

I knew that doing military service makes you a whole new person and I hope that he is able to learn a lot of things from being away and come back a better person and heck one hell of man than he already is @Heedong can you imagine Jang ki young having long hair just like everyone else who came back from the military and got so buff lol Hopefully he gets to be with his friend Dohwan.

@syahirannsyakiranni know I’m sad and happy at the same time since he gets to fulfill his duties for his country and have a less hectic life and a bit of normalcy and probably gain some weight but sad that we won’t get to see him for 2 years. He will look so good wearing a uniform just like in go back couple lol

On a happier note, I was re-watching episode 15 and 16 on ViKI and the comments were hilarious especially for episode 15. Like for example when they can’t concentrate after what transpired the night before- people were saying “that means you need a do-over girl or “that means it wasn’t enough girl, you need a repeat”  and then episode 16-everyone just had an overall good feeling of the drama, everyone was satisfied with the ending, no one was hating on anyone which is very rare on VIKI

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, Heedong said:

@inaho101 I hope he will still be able to post in his IG or maybe his brother will give us the necessary updates. I almost thought he was exempted in the military haha

lol I want to make a sad face but this meme is hilarious, it sums up all of our feelings for Kiyong’s enlistment news lol

i hope so, maybe he will from time to time, I think some Actors/artist do or their military friends will while on service not frequently though but yeah maybe his brother will too, let’s cross our fingers it’ll be both @Heedong

• Blob 1

@Heedong we can relate that picture.. hahahahah

Like I said previously, MRIAG subtlety put the Do Jea Jin enlistment in the last episode. The director already give message that KY will go to enlistment soon. They cannot put Eoroshin because he already in an army 400 years ago. 

• LOL 3

48 minutes ago, Heedong said:

Wow it is even in JKY's fave filter haha. Really feels weird seeing him with another actress not Hyeri

lol I don’t see it girl, I don’t feel weird about it. I’m not getting any vibes from this. I like noona-dongsaeng romance from Time to time but this doesn’t do for me. Like the hyeri/JKY tandem is just too strong that I can’t buy this lol

also Is it just me or do you guys notice how JKY’s back sort of shrunk? Like he has a broad back but since he got skinnier he shrunk (?) lol

• Like 2

@inaho101 yes he really has lost so much weight, even more than when MRIAG was still filming. I guess that really happens when he's filmed a back to back drama. I'm sure he's excited to enlist soon so he can enjoy eating again without restrictions.

I really prefer him with a chubby face and some muscles haha

Sorry JKY, your tandem with Hyeri is still far more superior. 

The power of a hallyu star haha

Even beating JKY' enlistment news 

• Blob 2

24 minutes ago, inaho101 said:

also Is it just me or do you guys notice how JKY’s back sort of shrunk? Like he has a broad back but since he got skinnier he shrunk (?) lol

Maybe because he don't wear coat? Wearing coat makes your shoulders broader. 

I don't really like noona-doeasong drama it doesn't get into me much. Mayb because I'm conservative person.. lol. With the new hairstyle JKY looks far younger than his previous Euorshin hair style and this time really look like brother-sister look compared with Hyeri. 

Even Lee Dam the character is 22 years old but Hyeri looks more mature in MRIAG and fit her Euroshin very well. 

@Heedong she indeed very poweful lady. Just look how well received her wedding and so many people cannot let go Song Song couple. I really hope JKY will gained fame for this drama. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Maybe because he don't wear coat? Wearing coat makes your shoulders broader. 

I don't really like noona-doeasong drama it doesn't get into me much. Mayb because I'm conservative person.. lol. With the new hairstyle JKY looks far younger than his previous Euorshin hair style and this time really look like brother-sister look compared with Hyeri. 

Even Lee Dam the character is 22 years old but Hyeri looks more mature in MRIAG and fit her Euroshin very well. 

@Heedong she indeed very poweful lady. Just look how well received her wedding and so many people cannot let go Song Song couple. I really hope JKY will gained fame for this drama. 

Not that either, when they did their script reading he was broad and muscular and just has that overwhelming presence but with this it sort of diminished not to mention that it’s just his back and not his front we are seeing. So hopefully just like @Heedong he is able to feed himself and gain back his musculature.

@orion00lol he does look young , even more so with SHK beside him, I guess that’s what you get with a noona-donsaeng drama but yeah! Nah! For me but I do hope though he gets fame for this and gets him good reviews as well because it’s his last drama and you want to leave a lasting impression especially with MRIAG being successful and  it’s also his last production before his enlistment and you sort of want to be remembered for a job well done rather than a flunk right? So there’s going to be a lot of pressure for him not just because he is paired up with a successful actress but also it’s going to be his last for the time being 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

47 minutes ago, orion00 said:

With the new hairstyle JKY looks far younger than his previous Euorshin hair style and this time really look like brother-sister look compared with Hyeri.

Its sO sad to see him with a different leading lady. I loved him too much with Hyeri already its hard to let go :tears: Now I don't know if I can watch the drama unprejudiced. Lol

I think thats why he chose this drama, to hopefully leave his name out there, internationally as well (since SHK has so much Hallyu power), and to come back to many more fans gained from this drama.

Is it normal though, for the male lead to not be at his press conference? :huh: I was expecting him to enlist at least after the drama started to air.

28 minutes ago, inaho101 said:

@orion00lol he does look young , even more so with SHK beside him, I guess that’s what you get with a noona-donsaeng drama but yeah! Nah! For me but I do hope though he gets fame for this and gets him good reviews as well because it’s his last drama and you want to leave a lasting impression especially with MRIAG being successful and  it’s also his last production before his enlistment and you sort of want to be remembered for a job well done rather than a flunk right? So there’s going to be a lot of pressure for him

I think the issue is as much as SHK is beautiful, truth is she's starting to show her age, more so beside younger male counterparts. In fact as much as the visuals were great, Park Bo gum definitely looked younger than her.

I wonder if he would get much feedback about the drama being in military service and cut off from internet/reading reviews etc. He may get updates from friends or his agency/manager, but probably won't hear too much about it?

15 hours ago, Heedong said:

@Archey @orion00 Hyeri is really the type of "what you see is what you get" person. She's very transparent even in her vlogs, she doesn't act the usual demure which I really love about her. 

Yes agreed. Before MRIAG, I could never understand the hype generated from her stint on that female spinoff of Real Men. But I love her here, and all her BTS, and watching her on knowing Bros, she is such a genuine person, always bright and cheery. Seriously gave me so much happy vibes. Hyeri definitely gained a fan a me. Haha

So SAD to find out he's enlisting so soon! But better to get it done sooner than later. And like all of you have mentioned, return more manly and mature. Military service seems to have done that for most men, plus he needs a rest, and can hopefully come back with improved acting having experienced more in life! I must be mad, but I'm already anticipating his suave looks in uniform (and I'm not even a uniform look person!), and his more buff build :luvarrow:.

But this means we won't see him promoting the drama, or be able to see much of his interactions with SHK...

Can't wait to find time to dissect Hyeri's cosmopolitan interview. Love love love that she's mentioned more MRIAG (even if it was from fan questions to her), and luckily Ssohyn.k translated the highlights!

• Like 2

@YuSanSeul yes I thought of that too, when he probably knew that his FL would be a hallyu star he immediately went on it. I mean that's not bad actually, because what are the chances of him getting an opportunity to work with a big name actress, their drama was even bought by Japan already even without the drama airing yet.

I guess his plan was initially enlist after MRIAG, but since his birthday is August, he still had enough time to film one more drama before he turns 30 (korean age), which is the maximum they can postpone their enlistment.   

Maybe JKY will have pre-filmed promotions for his upcoming drama. But for the presscon, he will be absent since I think the drama will air by November @YuSanSeul.

• Like 2

@orion00 my thoughts too, I'm like checking every hour :surprisedwut:

Maybe the translator is still shocked about the enlistment news

Have you see KDW's ad? Just wow... sexy!

@inaho101 I was re-reading and I missed what you said regarding viki comments earlier! That's good to hear that most of the viewers were satisfied, meanwhile the asianwiki page of MRIAG are full of hate comments :vicx:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I can't stand negativity.  why there is a need to hate others so much.  no one forcing these people to watch MRIAG or if you are not a fan of Hyeri, no need to go to her show or youtube and saying nasty stuff.  some people forgot that celebrities are human too with feelings.  I am not a fan of many celebrities but I don't feel the need to put them down.  so frustrating.

• Like 1

@Archey indeed, if only most people would keep their nasty comments to themselves, just imagine the effort and stress that these actors have to go through during filming. Even if how bad the drama or actor appears to be, they should still be commended for their hard work. 

• Like 2