[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

@realistic2280a I liked YSH in Missing You, a very old drama :)

I think Encounter was popular back then, they are even included in TVN dramas with the highest rating.

@YuSanSeul funny how actors Wonho and Kangmeen were modeling during intro haha. And Hyeri and JKY were always eating the meat that Seok sunbae was grilling!

Maybe PD forgot to remind them that they had to wrap up the kissing scene asap since its the last day, everyone wants to go home haha

JKY during adlibs would mostly just smile. I think he knows that he'll do good nevertheless :D

@orion00 thanks for sharing that! Hopefully annejjangki or jankiyon would be able to sub it.

I just realized there were so many scenes of WY just staring at Dam's sleeping face. I wonder what JKY thinks of Hyeri while filming those :wub: I'm sure he's aware that they both have moles near their eyes

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, orion00 said:

JKY advert for Lancome. He spoke about MRIAG for few seconds but no English caption for this. Hopefully someone could sub it

Here we go, with my basic korean :rolleyes:

From 1:22 onwards.

Q: How have you been recently/What have you been up to recently?

A: I am currently filming the drama MRIAG. It is scheduled to be aired in the first half of this year. Please look forward and pay lots of attention to it.

9 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Have faith... the drama could like Mr Queen which can be unconventional and be a hit..... for me im looking fwd to that as i like YSH (though he tend to do serious drama like YJG) and Hyeri being in it, will be a bonus...

As for JKY's new drama... was Encounter popular? I never really watched it, despite the star powers.. i watched DOTs because SJK was in it ... lol..

That's true. YSH himself has a fair bit of star power so it may draw a loyal audience.

Nah I don't think Encounter was quite the hit they wanted it to be. But still enough to create a fair bit of hype. I watched it after it ended, for Park Bogum haha. But it was overly melo, SHK just seemed depressed the whole time whilst he was this happy puppy in love. I skipped quite a bit too. Just too much of a heavy atmosphere, and the pairing/chemi wasn't quite there for me.

@Heedong he's such a fun person in real life I would've loved to see more of their ad-libs get caught on screen like when Dam called him Oppa. Haha

Their moles! If Gabe didn't point it out I wouldn't have known. They are sooo cute. Hehe. Yeh I dunno how they look at each other, stare at the other person soooooo close up without letting their hearts skip a beat!

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

oh that scene when Dam walked with WY after love confession was adlib.  No wonder i found his response to Dam's question was really strange.  Like he didn't know what to say.  that makes sense.  

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, Archey said:

oh that scene when Dam walked with WY after love confession was adlib.  No wonder i found his response to Dam's question was really strange.  Like he didn't know what to say.  that makes sense.  

I thought the same thing too. That totally makes sense now, he got caught off guard and didn’t know what to say, lol JKY needs to learn from the trio how to adlib or maybe because this was filmed before they all got close to each other that’s why it was still awkward lol

@Heedong yeah the moles are very fascinating for me too, hyeri has one just below her right eye while Kiyong has two tiny ones on his left. I think they probably would’ve found that fascinating most likely from hyeri since she’s very inquisitive lol

Gabe just does the best editing, those videos she uploaded just screams feels and chemistry like I’m not even watching MRIAG its just actually just JKY and hyeri together living there best life  ahahahhaha my bad RJY

• LOL 4

Speaking of adlibs, was anyone else expecting a quick peck on the lips @ 0:37 (thumbnail picture)

It would have been so natural for them with their heads turned to do a quick kiss :dontwanna:.

If only JKY was better ad adlibs :sweatingbullets:.

Back to the lancome interview video that @orion00 shared. At the end, they play that 'balance game' with him (I assume its pick 1 of 2) and he chooses winter over summer. I remember in his YG BTs video whilst filming MRIAG, he was freezing, but insisted it was not cold. I thought his favourite food was spicy chicken of some sort, but he chose sashimi over meat? (But then I think of what Dam said, and she said usually meat refers to pork/beef, whereas chicken is chicken. Haha) And its true when Hyeri said in the volume up interview that he is recently into Trot music! Haha

His other answers:

Latte Vs Americano

Summer Vs Winter

Mountain Vs Sea

New York Vs Paris

Pour sauce Vs Dip Sauce

Suit vs Training pants

Sashimi Vs Meat

Airplane Vs Train

Melodrama Vs Action 

Hip hop Vs Trot

• Love 2

@YuSanSeul @inaho101 JKY should learn from other actors such as Seo In Guk, like caressing the FL face after the kiss or suggesting sweet gestures. Gabe also pointed out before that the scene when WY froze the entire class, it would have been better if WY gave Dam a forehead kiss rather than the head pat haha. Maybe that's why he likes to do action/noir more because he's bad at romance :D

Thanks for those translation! 

@orion00 I can imagine we would go crazy in our shipping thread if they ever star in a new production sometime later haha

• LOL 3

@YuSanSeul heeeey! You aren’t the only one, WY was pretty cheeky here or this might just be JKY lol.

It would’ve been nice if he did right but this was after Dam fed him with some chips that might be stinky and wouldn’t smell good if he gave her a peck. 

But totally would’ve made a difference if he did or if they had a nose to nose kiss just like in the first look vid we’re they both wrinkled their nose when their gazes met and JKY just had to giggle laugh after 

@Heedong hahahaha gabe, she read our minds. It would’ve been awesome if he did that since he is very possessive of Dam, the WEBTOON version of WY was very possessive, I think they tamed him down in the Drama version so as not to portray the character in a bad light. They still did a good job though and JKY did great still

@orion00 I know, I could only imagine how crazy it’ll get if they do make another production together, it’ll be a party lol

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

I don't know why after watching back MRIAG, School Girl detectives drama, I feel that Ki Yong and Hyeri kind of two people who got crush on each other for very long time and finally able to be together (even it just in drama). Erk, I'm thinking too much. That's why both of them looks too excited. :D

• Blob 3

@orion00 also after working together in Seonam, it appears that Hyeri started to become more aware of JKY. She mentioned that she wanted to do a project like a women centered story, naming the drama Search WWW. If Hyeri really watched that, I'm sure she was also fangirling about Park Morgan (JKY's character) at some point because honestly, I, myself was drooling over Morgan haha

No english sub for this yet.

And then we'll have Esquire next! Hyeri is booked and busy :D now where are you Eoreushin?

Hyeri is so pretty with this style :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Thanks @Heedong! Yes, I'm surprised she mentioned WWW in her interview. Maybe she is following JKY work after Seonam Girl Detective drama. They looked so young and JKY do have the 'oppa' aura when he with Hyeri. 

Latest article about Hyeri from Soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1480673wpp/hyeri-reflects-on-her-role-in-my-roommate-is-a-gumiho-how-shes-matured-and-more

I'm glad this article no longer relates with her bf anymore but more focus to her work!! You go girl!!

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

@orion00 I remember she mentioned in her vlog last year that she was watching WWWSK, now I get it why, she must be preparing herself for the bed scene haha. 

There was also one vlog of her wherein she said she will not get married. Maybe she's not totally serious about that. But I like to point out that JKY wants to get married as late as possible too, since according to him, he wants to do a lot of things beforehand like watching UFC abroad etc. 

Sorry its just my shipper heart being delusional again :D

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@Heedongkorean actors do dedicate their life to work right? Many of them didn't get married early because they are worried they might not be able to secure great work. I do understand why Hyeri and Ki Yong mentioned about late marriage or not married. It's a brutal and tough life as actors in Korea because they keep producing new talents.

• Sad 1
  • Blob 1

Oh NOo Ssohyn.K is going on a hiatus :bawling:

We won't be seeing anymore beautiful videos of our fox-dam couple!

@Heedong don't be sorry, I'm a delusional shipper too! Haha. Yes I saw the interview about him wanting to marry late, and I thought, does this mean he has no intentions of settling down? But you're right, maybe his ambition for his career is greater, especially since he is still young. So I definitely hope they can meet later on after he completes his mandatory military service, maybe in a action movie?

49 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Thanks @Heedong! Yes, I'm surprised she mentioned WWW in her interview. Maybe she is following JKY work after Seonam Girl Detective drama. They looked so young and JKY do have the 'oppa' aura when he with Hyeri. 

I'm sure they left an impression on each other despite not making friends back then, because its easy to forget who they've met if they had minimal interaction in a productuon and its been so long. So maybe 2 yrs or more later, they'll work together again! Hehe

• Blob 3

@YuSanSeul andwaee!!! I'm gonna miss Gabe's post about MRIAG :bawling: we are really on this part right now that there are no more mriag related things to be excited and happy about. My life is back to normal and just boring stuff. I miss those sleepless nights when MRIAG was still airing. 

I hope MRIAG will have a send off party for JKY when he enlists. I miss them so bad I'm not lying :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, orion00 said:

Latest article about Hyeri from Soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1480673wpp/hyeri-reflects-on-her-role-in-my-roommate-is-a-gumiho-how-shes-matured-and-more

I'm glad this article no longer relates with her bf anymore but more focus to her work!! You go girl!!

I really enjoy reading her interview here.  she sounds very mature and deep.  I really like the way of her thinking about many things.  Live in present, not the past.  Respect other people feelings.  Stop worrying about what other people think of you.  No matter what you do, there are always someone who will dislike you. 

Thank you for sharing this @orion00

Hyeri might not be the prettiest or the best actress or singer, but I love her personality.  

• Love 3